What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Closers, Closers in waiting, and Middle relief...... (1 Viewer)

They are all calculated risks. If you let your failures get to you it will impact other decisions. Dust yourself off and try someone else.

Yeah, Jansen has too many innings this year for the number of games, and he threw 34 pitches the other night. So you give him the night off and Chris Perez ####s it up.

It's going to be Dice K

Sure he gave up a run last night, but he retired 6 of the first 7 batters he faced. Only guy that got on was by error.

After that, he got touched up by Tulo and Arenado. No shame in that.

Who is the fall back for the Mets? Please don't say Valverde.
i threw a dart at Germen a couple weeks ago, swing and miss stuff, young, fly ball tendencies will work in that park, figure if not now, eventually...

Somebody throw a dart for me.

Dropped Broxton yesterday.

Best available actual closers on the FA list.

Hawkins (i guess he should be owned, but no one has touched him all year except for me for a couple of days)

Lindstrom

Joe Smith

Skipping the CUbs/Mets/Stros/Jays situations.

Go for one of the above or grab Frieri and hold him? Won't use any of them til next Monday at earliest.

This is a points league, so saves themselves don't matter, but they are worth a decent number of points. I have been streaming starters with RP eligibility the past couple of weeks.

Hawkins (i guess he should be owned, but no one has touched him all year except for me for a couple of days)

Lindstrom

Joe Smith

Go for one of the above or grab Frieri and hold him? Won't use any of them til next Monday at earliest.

This is a points league, so saves themselves don't matter, but they are worth a decent number of points. I have been streaming starters with RP eligibility the past couple of weeks.
I go with Hawkins.

Lindstrom

Joe Smith

"Between grief and nothing, I'll choose grief."

Lindstrom

Joe Smith

I go with Hawkins.
Yeah Hawkins is the best option because who would replace him in Colorado? Rex? Doesn't seem like they have any confidence in that guy. Smith would be next, I own Lindstrom and wish I didn't.

Long Ball Larry said:

Lindstrom

Joe Smith

Id go Frieri. They want him to close, he's done it before successfully, the Angels are good, and he isnt 100yo.

Long Ball Larry said:

Lindstrom

Joe Smith

Id go Frieri. They want him to close, he's done it before successfully, the Angels are good, and he isnt 100yo.
Me too....I'd at least see how that situation plays out through Sunday before a decision needs to be made.

And Terry Collins pulls out my pet peeve by bringing in Farnsworth to throw 4 intentional balls.

Why in the world would you saddle Farnsworth with a walk when it's Dice that created this mess? Make that #### throw 4 balls and let it be on his stat sheet instead of Farns'

And Terry Collins pulls out my pet peeve by bringing in Farnsworth to throw 4 intentional balls.

Why in the world would you saddle Farnsworth with a walk when it's Dice that created this mess? Make that #### throw 4 balls and let it be on his stat sheet instead of Farns'
no reason to get racist

marcus stroman closing against the phillies.

edit: oops, not really true. he pitched the 9th in a tie game, then jays took the lead in top 10th. He got 1 out in the bottom of the 10th and now being removed for Loup against Utley and Howard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread