What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Closers, Closers in waiting, and Middle relief...... (3 Viewers)

Not sure if it means anything but Drew Storen is warming for the Nats with a three run lead instead of Soriano. Soriano pitched three games out of four but had yesterday off. Also Soriano got lit up two days ago.
And Storen getting lit up today.
Super fun times.

My best guess is that Soriano put in long innings for two straight days before yesterday so they wanted to get him two days off. But there's a tiny chance it's a meaningful move if you've got the roster space.
So you think Storen over Clip? I do too because Clipp is really a beast as a set-up guy.

Maybe I'll grab Clip in my home league just for the ratios and some vulture wins. Wade Davis has been heavenly.

Not sure if it means anything but Drew Storen is warming for the Nats with a three run lead instead of Soriano. Soriano pitched three games out of four but had yesterday off. Also Soriano got lit up two days ago.
And Storen getting lit up today.
Super fun times.

My best guess is that Soriano put in long innings for two straight days before yesterday so they wanted to get him two days off. But there's a tiny chance it's a meaningful move if you've got the roster space.
So you think Storen over Clip? I do too because Clipp is really a beast as a set-up guy.

Maybe I'll grab Clip in my home league just for the ratios and some vulture wins. Wade Davis has been heavenly.
In postgame comments sounds like they'll stick with Soriano. If I had to roll the dice on one of the two quality setup guys who might get save chances I'd probably go Storen based on them going Clip in the 8th/Storen in the 9th today. But only worth it if you have a roster spot that's giving you nothing otherwise; both should help with ratios but prob not much else. Soriano would probably need to blow up 2 or 3 more times before they made a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Run to pick up Benoit if available. Huston Street about to be traded.
Benoit is just as likely to be traded though. Thayer?
thats my guess
Thoughts on Quackenbush? Benoit going to be traded?
He probably is, but Benoit should be owned in all leagues just in case IMO. Padres closer is a pretty sweet gig and there is at least a small chance he gets moved to be someone else's closer. Detroit? SFran? Toronto?

edit: but ya... would probably add Quack in most formats just because the situation he might land in. Don't really care if he's good.
So who to add? Thayer or Quackenbush? Sounds like Benoit will be moved.

I know as soon as I drop Smith that Street is going to pull something. Anyone still holding onto Joe in leagues where you could use that roster spot for something else halfway decent? With Robertson, Rondon and Allen I'm looking pretty good, but can never have enough closers.

I suppose it's possible they go that route, but he's been working as a starter for a while now. Looks like he'll come out of the bullpen in the short term, but I imagine they're eyeing how Masterson and Miller perform to see if they may need to stick him back in the rotation.

I'd definitely say Neshek over Maness though. Maness is the go-to double play inducer-- I think Matheny values being able to use him late in the game with runners on too much to consider him as the ninth inning guy. Plus, Neshek has been damn unhittable this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swing 51 said:
Grilli, not Street, with the S in Boston last night?
For some reason, Scioscia brought Street into an 8-3 game on Wednesday when he already had pitched four of the previous five days.

That's the second time I've put a bunch of FAAB money on Gregerson and got nothing in return. O'Flaherty? Is everyone going to Patrick's Pub after the game? ####!

I'd love to hear the rational behind not using Janssen in the 9th, but more than willing to send him out there for a 2nd inning of work in the 11th

Users who are viewing this thread