What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Closers, Closers in waiting, and Middle relief...... (1 Viewer)

Uehara is useless on this team. It's like putting custom rims on a Pontiac Aztek.

He's gonna get one save opp. per week.
38-year-old with an expiring contract, he's almost certainly going to be dealt. How this team won a title last year should be one of the biggest scandals in sports history. Just obnoxious.
####### unbelievable

Horrible 2012

World Series win

Horrible 2014

:confused:
i blame the Detroit Tigers, they handed it to them. No real excuse, terrible.

Uehara is useless on this team. It's like putting custom rims on a Pontiac Aztek.

38-year-old with an expiring contract, he's almost certainly going to be dealt. How this team won a title last year should be one of the biggest scandals in sports history. Just obnoxious.
####### unbelievableHorrible 2012

World Series win

Horrible 2014

i blame the Detroit Tigers, they handed it to them. No real excuse, terrible.
I never rooted harder for them.

Maddon got cute tonight, pitched his best arms in the 7th and 8th and Peralta got pistol whipped in the 9th. Wtg Joe.

####### unbelievable

Horrible 2012

World Series win

Horrible 2014

Most improbable world series winners in a long time. Everything fell right for them last year.

Is Mujica the guy to own in that bullpen or Tazawa?

Also, I'm assuming Soria is dealt. They just traded Frasor. Who's next Feliz?

Also, I'm assuming Soria is dealt. They just traded Frasor. Who's next Feliz?
FWIW I play in one very sharp league, one pretty sharp, and a 16 teamer and Feliz is gone in all of them.
I added him this morning, he's gotta be the guy.

What do you think about Boston. Uehereareraeraa HAS to be moved right? Mujica seems like he would be the guy, but he sucks. Tazawa has been much better it seems.

So is Joe Smith now useless in fantasy?

Just picked up Zach Putnam. Thankfully I have K-Rod and Uehara but need a third.

Thoughts on Quackenbush? Benoit going to be traded?
He probably is, but Benoit should be owned in all leagues just in case IMO. Padres closer is a pretty sweet gig and there is at least a small chance he gets moved to be someone else's closer. Detroit? SFran? Toronto?

edit: but ya... would probably add Quack in most formats just because the situation he might land in. Don't really care if he's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought it was some kind of error, but yup, Tim Lincecum got a save last night. And the guy in my league who has him had him in the lineup.

Soria to Det, no clue who takes over and i assume nathan is done
Nathan not done, not yet anyway.
really? What will it take?
Probably a couple more blown saves. Soria fits well in the 8th because Ausmus is already limiting Joba because he's being overused. So now Soria can pitch the 8th every other day, and close when Nathan is unavailable or sucking. But I think Ausmus intends to leave Nathan as the closer, and they are probably better off if he's in that role.

The best Cubs reliever, Neil Ramirez was just sent to AAA.

I was almost certain he would be closing soon since Rondon sucks.

Why did they do that? He's been great
No idea, maybe to lessen his work load? He's young right?
The Cubs want to rest him without depleting the bullpen. Since he has options, why not? The assumption is that he is back up as soon as possible. I think it is 6 days.
Do you think he has any chance to close this year, or will they stick w/ Rondon?
No in depth knowledge of the thinking but I don't see them moving away from Rondon this season.

Why did they do that? He's been great
No idea, maybe to lessen his work load? He's young right?
The Cubs want to rest him without depleting the bullpen. Since he has options, why not? The assumption is that he is back up as soon as possible. I think it is 6 days.
Read today they want to see if they can stretch Ramirez into a starter. I actually liked Ramirez's closer potential, but with the way those guys burn out, might be smart to just stick with Rondon.

Where did you read that?

I had planned to sit on him til he got called back up, but stretched out as a starter? Probably can get a better use of that roster spot.

Where did you read that?

I had planned to sit on him til he got called back up, but stretched out as a starter? Probably can get a better use of that roster spot.
Twitter speculation by a couple Cubs beat writers. It sounds here like that rumor is unfounded.
Thanks, I'll hold for now. Been using him more for ratio stabilization than anything as MR's are picked clean in this league. If he gets saves, bonus, but not something I'm banking on. If they start stretching him out though...

Not sure if it means anything but Drew Storen is warming for the Nats with a three run lead instead of Soriano. Soriano pitched three games out of four but had yesterday off. Also Soriano got lit up two days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it means anything but Drew Storen is warming for the Nats with a three run lead instead of Soriano. Soriano pitched three games out of four but had yesterday off. Also Soriano got lit up two days ago.
And Storen getting lit up today.
Super fun times.

My best guess is that Soriano put in long innings for two straight days before yesterday so they wanted to get him two days off. But there's a tiny chance it's a meaningful move if you've got the roster space.

Users who are viewing this thread