What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post round 1 draft, stock up/down (1 Viewer)

I guess Lattimore isn't ready

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.
Gore in the twilight, LaMichael moving elsewhere, Lattimore not ready.... Hunter ? meh

Still a surprising pick.
thought the falcons would trade up to get Hyde, oh well
Yeah. A little curious about that myself. Really thought they would address this. What a fine line. Any of these RBs go to atlanta and their value is SO different.
Why would it be SO different?

I love Hyde to SF. Power running team, behind a 31-year old Gore, a meh Hunter and Lattimore who it doesn't seem like the 49ers have confidence in.

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.
Gore in the twilight, LaMichael moving elsewhere, Lattimore not ready.... Hunter ? meh

Still a surprising pick.
Yeah. A little curious about that myself. Really thought they would address this. What a fine line. Any of these RBs go to atlanta and their value is SO different.
Because, right or wrong, had any of those three went to atlanta, there are enough people who's say sjax is done that it would have moved the needle on the rookie RBs value very high.

I love Hyde to SF. Power running team, behind a 31-year old Gore, a meh Hunter and Lattimore who it doesn't seem like the 49ers have confidence in.
They're going to battle for the starting job, don't think we can assume either one wins out.

Garoppolo - Up

The QB with the quickest release in the draft learning from the QB with the quickest release in the NFL.

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.

Still a surprising pick.
Because, right or wrong, had any of those three went to atlanta, there are enough people who's say sjax is done that it would have moved the needle on the rookie RBs value very high.
I think there are enough people who think Gore is about done and Greene stinks to make their value very high as is.

Garoppolo - Up

The QB with the quickest release in the draft learning from the QB with the quickest release in the NFL.
Great pick for New England. I expect Mallett to be moved soon, hopefully real soon.

Prolific in the up tempo offense, like this one a lot.

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.

Still a surprising pick.
I think there are enough people who think Gore is about done and Greene stinks to make their value very high as is.
Difference is, in Atlanta, it's an old sjax and nothing else. The other teams have Lattimore, Greene, etc. that's more of a competition than jaquizz Rogers. Path would be much clearer in Atlanta.

Up-Arian Foster. Texans not even sniffing for a complementary back and are adding line and blocking.

Garoppolo - Up

Great pick for New England. I expect Mallett to be moved soon, hopefully real soon.

in a draft full of good WRs and TEs they sat and took another back up QB.... yeah, nice job.

NE is getting too cute and its not working

Last edited by a moderator:

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.

Still a surprising pick.
Difference is, in Atlanta, it's an old sjax and nothing else. The other teams have Lattimore, Greene, etc. that's more of a competition than jaquizz Rogers. Path would be much clearer in Atlanta.
ATL up next. Look for the RB here.

Garoppolo - Up

in a draft full of good WRs and TEs they sat and took another back up QB.... yeah, nice job.

Brady has 2, maybe 3 productive years left. Garrapolo learns under Brady, makes sense to me.

Patriots shouldn't miss a beat if this kid pans out, smart move for the future of the franchise, imo.

Garoppolo - Up

in a draft full of good WRs and TEs they sat and took another back up QB.... yeah, nice job.NE is getting too cute and its not working
Brady has 2, maybe 3 productive years left. Garrapolo learns under Brady, makes sense to me.

Patriots shouldn't miss a beat if this kid pans out, smart move for the future of the franchise, imo.
The patriots should trade mallet to the texans for Andre Johnson and destroy the afc

Garoppolo - Up

He's the guy I thought could be great if he could be developed. No better place for that.

This rookie draft is shaping up to suck.
For veterans or the rookies?
Rookies. The best WR went to a bad weather city playing for a running team with a running QB coming off an injury. The second best WR is going to be playing for Lovie (not Trestman) and a career backup QB who parlayed a good quarter of a season throwing to Marshall and Jeffrey into a job as the placeholder QB for Mike Glennon and whoever they draft two years from now. The third best WR will be playing on a "broken" offense with an aging QB who's starting to show signs of suckage and competing with Cruz, a reasonably decent Randle, and a decent slot guy. The WRs who ended up in the best situations are Cooks, who is basically Devery Henderson 2.0, Mathews, who will be the number three or four target in a great offense, and Adams, who will probably pass Boykin on the depth chart eventually. You could make a case that the Lee is one of the top rookie WRs, because somebody has to catch passes there, but the Jaguars now have just enough guys to screw that up too. By the time Lattimer is good, Denver won't be.The RBs aren't much better. Sankey went to a decent situation, but he's got plenty of question marks. Hyde is in a great situation, along with Gore, who is in a great situation, and Lattimore, who is in a great situation, and Hunter, who is in a great situation, and LMJ, who is in a great situation. Ugh. Then there's Hill, who simultaneously screwed his own value in Cinci and took the top off of Gio's upside as well.

The top QB might be the Jaguars guy, or the Browns guy, or maybe the Vikings guy or Oakland guy. None of those are traditionally great places to be, but maybe Bortles and his two new rookie WRs will be good once he's allowed to start. Carr may be redshirting, too, but at least he has those awesome Oakland receivers to work with. Manziel should be able to win the starting job, but just when you might be getting excited about him, you find out he might be losing Gordon Bridgewater is probably in the best situation, throwing to an aging Jennings, a raw Cordarelle, and an overhyped Rudolph, but he's got size concerns and is going to be playing his home games outdoors in Minnesota for a couple years, so it's hard to get too excited.

I guess you might be excited about Zac Efron, but that offense was already oversaturated with Calvin, Tate, Bush and that backup RB everyone likes. ASJ is probably just good enough to screw over Wright owners on the Bucs. And Amaro is playing with Geno.

Last year had some mediocre talent end up in fantastic landing spots. This year has better talent, but the landing spots have been the ugliest possible for fantasy owners. Even the supposedly great depth is getting beaten up. There's no question that some of these guys will pan out, but it's going to be nigh impossible to figure out which ones. Just a brutal draft for guys holding multiple 2014 firsts.

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.

Still a surprising pick.
Guess they don't like any of these RB's...

Garoppolo - Up

exactly, load him up with talent while the window is open. The team has been getting worse and worse every yr

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.

Still a surprising pick.
Guess they don't like any of these RB's...
This getting dangerous now because they are gonna end up grabbing a guy in the 5/6th and everyone will conjure up Zach Stacy comps. Might end up over inflating some things

shock pick for me.
Very shocked.

Still a surprising pick.
No one knows what Lattimore is, and Greene is JAG. Quizz has caught 50+ passes each of the last two years. O-lines are better IMO in both SF and Tenn as well (even after Robinson).

This is the fantasy buzzkill draft. Sankey is one of the only ones to be a decent talent in a really good opportunity. Matthews?

Garoppolo - Up

in a draft full of good WRs and TEs they sat and took another back up QB.... yeah, nice job.NE is getting too cute and its not working

If Brady has 3yrs left why take a qb now when you could take someone to help the pats win now while Brady's window is still open?

It's not like they are good enough to take a backup qb in the 2nd .rd.

Rookies. The best WR went to a bad weather city playing for a running team with a running QB coming off an injury. The second best WR is going to be playing for Lovie (not Trestman) and a career backup QB who parlayed a good quarter of a season throwing to Marshall and Jeffrey into a job as the placeholder QB for Mike Glennon and whoever they draft two years from now. The third best WR will be playing on a "broken" offense with an aging QB who's starting to show signs of suckage and competing with Cruz, a reasonably decent Randle, and a decent slot guy. The WRs who ended up in the best situations are Cooks, who is basically Devery Henderson 2.0, Mathews, who will be the number three or four target in a great offense, and Adams, who will probably pass Boykin on the depth chart eventually. You could make a case that the Lee is one of the top rookie WRs, because somebody has to catch passes there, but the Jaguars now have just enough guys to screw that up too. By the time Lattimer is good, Denver won't be.The RBs aren't much better. Sankey went to a decent situation, but he's got plenty of question marks. Hyde is in a great situation, along with Gore, who is in a great situation, and Lattimore, who is in a great situation, and Hunter, who is in a great situation, and LMJ, who is in a great situation. Ugh. Then there's Hill, who simultaneously screwed his own value in Cinci and took the top off of Gio's upside as well.

The top QB might be the Jaguars guy, or the Browns guy, or maybe the Vikings guy or Oakland guy. None of those are traditionally great places to be, but maybe Bortles and his two new rookie WRs will be good once he's allowed to start. Carr may be redshirting, too, but at least he has those awesome Oakland receivers to work with. Manziel should be able to win the starting job, but just when you might be getting excited about him, you find out he might be losing Gordon Bridgewater is probably in the best situation, throwing to an aging Jennings, a raw Cordarelle, and an overhyped Rudolph, but he's got size concerns and is going to be playing his home games outdoors in Minnesota for a couple years, so it's hard to get too excited.

I guess you might be excited about Zac Efron, but that offense was already oversaturated with Calvin, Tate, Bush and that backup RB everyone likes. ASJ is probably just good enough to screw over Wright owners on the Bucs. And Amaro is playing with Geno.

Last year had some mediocre talent end up in fantastic landing spots. This year has better talent, but the landing spots have been the ugliest possible for fantasy owners. Even the supposedly great depth is getting beaten up. There's no question that some of these guys will pan out, but it's going to be nigh impossible to figure out which ones. Just a brutal draft for guys holding multiple 2014 firsts.
Yeah, I completely disagree. Situation certainly matters, but it can also change pretty quickly. I'd rather have more talented guys in seemingly so so situations than the reverse.

Garoppolo - Up

If Brady has 3yrs left why take a qb now when you could take someone to help the pats win now while Brady's window is still open?

It's not like they are good enough to take a backup qb in the 2nd .rd.
Better to coach up a QB like Garoppolo than to worry about it when Brady retires/can't do it anymore.

BB did the same thing to Bledsoe.

why is Quizz up??
Falcons haven't taken another RB.
seriously, duh
there is still time.

The point is that Quizz has been mediocre for his entire career - don't know why people would jump on the bandwagon now.
The 'Up' was based on the assumption the Falcons would draft a RB by now and make his value zero. His value is still low but at least he has a shot at another 50 catch season.

Yeah, I completely disagree. Situation certainly matters, but it can also change pretty quickly. I'd rather have more talented guys in seemingly so so situations than the reverse.
Not me. I'm with Fred on this. I've had my fill of JSTEw's and Jared cooks while watching things called victor Cruz and Arian Foster land in perfect places and flourish despite not being consensus stud talents. I accept the mantra that players who are not on the field don't score fantasy points for my fantasy teams.

The Quizz is up

Atl not taking RB or TE after their 3rd pick, kind of wow'd
Can't figure out what they are thinking at TE over the past 2 years knowing Tony G. was going to retire. Passed on a lot of possible replacements.

Now they are doing the same at RB.

Users who are viewing this thread