What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guardians of the Galaxy -- tracking at 100% on RottenTomatoes (1 Viewer)

I saw a 17 minute IMAX preview of it a few weeks ago. Those 17 minutes were better than any whole movie I've seen all year. This is THE movie your kids will love as Star Wars was to us. It feels like Star Wars meets Indiana Jones. I have tickets ready for Thursday night at 8:00 to take my kid. I CAN'T WAIT.
How did you find tickets for an 8:00pm Thursday show? I can't find any before midnight in my area.

I saw a 17 minute IMAX preview of it a few weeks ago. Those 17 minutes were better than any whole movie I've seen all year. This is THE movie your kids will love as Star Wars was to us. It feels like Star Wars meets Indiana Jones. I have tickets ready for Thursday night at 8:00 to take my kid. I CAN'T WAIT.
How did you find tickets for an 8:00pm Thursday show? I can't find any before midnight in my area.
My theater has a 7p and a 7:30p showing on Thursday.

Hawks64 said:
NewlyRetired said:
Usual21 said:
Damn! I need to look more.

I thought the release date was Friday. Did that change?

Based on nothing I have seen in the commercials, I am looking forward to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawks64 said:
NewlyRetired said:
Usual21 said:
Damn! I need to look more.

I thought the release date was Friday. Did that change?
Nope. I am going with the wife but will be going again with the kids once they get back from their vacation with their grandparents.

Very good... Surprised how funny it was. Pretty sure the Rocket Raccoon and Groot characters are going to be cash cows for Marvel/Disney merchandise with kids. Chris Pratt really good in the lead role.

Big bottom, kid friendly?
Depends on your stance on some decently harsh language for a superhero movie. **** was a popular word, whore was mentioned once or twice, maybe "female dog" and ahole. Themes are fairly kid friendly I would say. No real gore.

Awesome. A few things that could be nit picked but on the whole just really entertaining.

Do not bother sitting through to the end of credits scene. Seriously.

Awesome. A few things that could be nit picked but on the whole just really entertaining.

There is both a during credits and after credits scene right?

Typically the during credits scene is important and the after credit scene is kind of meaningless. Is that consistent in GOG?

Typically the during credits scene is important and the after credit scene is kind of meaningless. Is that consistent in GOG?
The first post scene is almost immediately after the film ends, and is hilarious. The last one was one too many jokes, at least IMO. Neither are important.

The first post scene is almost immediately after the film ends, and is hilarious. The last one was one too many jokes, at least IMO. Neither are important.
Oh wow. I think this is the first time there is not a credit scene that ties into the overall arc. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Just got back. I found my 12 year old self and he absolutely loved this movie. BEST Marvel movie? Debatable. Definitely the most fun, IMHO.

very fun. took my 10 year old daughter and she really liked it, but it wasn't her favorite. funny with a decent story to move things along.

Don't be ridiculous. If I had to sit through it, everyone has to sit through it.

And the gasps of horror from the audience made it totally worthwhile.

Just came back. Both my daughter and I loved it. I smiled almost from start to finish.

I would rank it just below Iron Man 1 and Avengers, but stands up with IM3 and Cap 2 in that next tier.

I think it was pretty kid friendly. Couple of swears, no sex, and the one sexual joke almost no kid under 13 is going to understand. Plenty of normal super hero violence like all the other Marvel movies.

If this will be your kids first foray into this world, this is not a bad movie to start with since it stands almost entirely on its own and no kid will feel lost if he has not seen any other in the series.

I thought they missed one easy way to tie everything together for non hard core fans:

When the collector was describing the infinity stones, they should have had him quickly mention both the Tesseract and Aether

Stupid question--have you guys ever been to a movie theater in Japan? If I go try to see this movie there, I assume it will still be normal audio, but with JP subtitles? (They won't dub in JP language audio, right?)

Went in last night.

Was totally skeptical, was half expecting animations after the opening credits.

Absolutely loved it. Agree with the Buck Rogers meets Indy Jones meets Star Wars (I) meets Shatner-as-Kirk concept description. On fact I would say the opening scene is an homage to Indy I.

In fact this might be the first time I have been inspired to go track down one of the comic books from one of these Marvel/superhero movies. Anyone have any input on that, what to recommend, how to find it? Have never really been a comic book reader.

In fact this might be the first time I have been inspired to go track down one of the comic books from one of these Marvel/superhero movies. Anyone have any input on that, what to recommend, how to find it? Have never really been a comic book reader.
If you don't get an answer here, try asking this thread. I read a lot of comics but don't read the Super Hero genre but there are plenty of people who do.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showforum=4

For those that saw the movie here is a small bit of trivia

In the prison scene where Groot sticks his roots up the Big Blue guys nose, the Big Blue guy was voiced by Nathan Fillion as a cameo

Went in last night.

Was totally skeptical, was half expecting animations after the opening credits.

Absolutely loved it. Agree with the Buck Rogers meets Indy Jones meets Star Wars (I) meets Shatner-as-Kirk concept description. On fact I would say the opening scene is an homage to Indy I.

I basically get everything digitally now. Marvel does a good job with their digital licensing so once you own something it goes across multiple devices - tablet, PC, etc. Plus, it frankly looks better and you can read in story mode that carries you one frame at a time.

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Meet-the-Guardians/page/2884

Can't believe that was Karen Gillan, big fan of hers. She was great, I would not have thought of her for that role, that's for sure.

Stupid question--have you guys ever been to a movie theater in Japan? If I go try to see this movie there, I assume it will still be normal audio, but with JP subtitles? (They won't dub in JP language audio, right?)
Saw an interview with Vin Diesel where he talked about recording his dialogue in many different languages for the worldwide release of the film. Subtitled versions might get released, but the movie was produced with dubbing in mind.

Thought it was really funny, would rank it close with Thor 1 & Cap 1 since it is a sort of origin type story. Just below Avengers & Cap2 which have been my fav's.

Tons of tie-ins to the other movies and even the Shield tv show and groundwork for future movies. Was bugging me who the aliens were so looked up the actors. Amy Pond was great and so was Thrandruil from the Hobbit, good villians.

Really jazzed for what they can do for future movies as this one was much more fantastical with all the aliens. I thought my fiance might be turned off by it being too scifi/fantasy-ish but she loved it.

Thought it was really funny, would rank it close with Thor 1 & Cap 1 since it is a sort of origin type story. Just below Avengers & Cap2 which have been my fav's.

Tons of tie-ins to the other movies and even the Shield tv show and groundwork for future movies. Was bugging me who the aliens were so looked up the actors. Amy Pond was great and so was Thrandruil from the Hobbit, good villians.

Really jazzed for what they can do for future movies as this one was much more fantastical with all the aliens. I thought my fiance might be turned off by it being too scifi/fantasy-ish but she loved it.
Pics of fiancé?

Saw it last night as well. I agree with the end credits. The first one is good, but the last one is blah. You won't miss anything. Plenty of alien tie-ins within the movie. Loved a few character cameo apperances. I want to see how they incorporate them down the road. Fun movie. I'll take my 8 year old, but probably not my 6 year old. I think the action scenes will be a little too much for him. I'd rank it just under Avengers and IM.

I loved the movie. It was very fun. One thing for the Marvel comic readers -

I wasn't a fan of how they made Ronan the Accuser the villain, and even less thrilled that they killed him. I love that guy in the comics. He was badass in both the Annihilation story arc and the recent Infinity arc.

Also Star Lord's line about the dark light I had me totally :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"It's like a Jackson Pollack painting in here."

Best marvel movie so far!

GotG

Cap2, IM1

Avengers

Everything else

It was touching yet hilarious, fast paced but still had a story. It was more about the journey then the evil bad guy that no one cared about which made all the other Marvel movies down a notch for me. The casting was perfect and many characters I can't view with a different actor, which has only happened with Iron Man before.

Users who are viewing this thread