What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guardians of the Galaxy -- tracking at 100% on RottenTomatoes (1 Viewer)

People actually liked IM3? I thought that was horrible and definitely the worst of the Marvel movies.
Completely disagree. It was one of the better Marvel flicks. Right there with Cap 2 in the second tier of quality.
I liked cap 2 a lot but gog was the most fun movie I've seen since maybe the muppets. Agree that the batman trilogy was better in many ways but this might just be my favorite movie in a long time.

People actually liked IM3? I thought that was horrible and definitely the worst of the Marvel movies.
Completely disagree. It was one of the better Marvel flicks. Right there with Cap 2 in the second tier of quality.
there was barely any action, they ruined a super villain, he barely wore his suit, and pepper potts wore the suit .yeah riveting stuff
Chemistry between Downey and the kid was great and hilarious. Ben Kingsly ruled. And he barely wore the suit because the character was traumatized, which they pulled off well, and if you haven't figured it out yet, is a huge plot set up for Avengers 2. Stark makes Ultron because he won't wear his armor anymore. Ultron is a substitute for Iron Man....that doesn't work out so well.

Here are my current tiers:

Infinity Gem Tier:

Avengers

GotG

Cap 2

Iron Man

Mjolnir Tier:

Thor

Thor 2

MK VII Armor Tier:

Iron Man 3

Cap: First Avenger

Iron Man 2

Purple Underwear Tier:

Incredible Hulk

Hawks64 said:
Riversco said:
The best villain in the Marvel film universe currently is Magneto. First class was an origin story for him and lifted that way up.
All a matter of opinion. Mine is Thanos in the Marvel universe.
Film universe, not Marvel universe. Thanos hasn't had enough air time yet and Magneto gets a huge boost by being played by two of the more talented actors working today.
Sorry my knowledge of who he is doesn't dissuade me from that opinion simply because he hasn't had a lot of screen time.

there was barely any action, they ruined a super villain, he barely wore his suit, and pepper potts wore the suit .yeah riveting stuff
Ruined what super villain? The Mandarin? Not so fast....IIRC Feige said that was "A" mandarin but it might not have been "the" Mandarin, lots of rumors out there and possibly was used by Killian to distract Stark.

Ruined what super villain? The Mandarin? Not so fast....IIRC Feige said that was "A" mandarin but it might not have been "the" Mandarin, lots of rumors out there and possibly was used by Killian to distract Stark.
lame, I agree awful "mandariin"

I however dont think a classic 10 ring mandarin would work on the screen either.

Here are my current tiers:

Infinity Gem Tier:

Avengers

GotG

Cap 2

Iron Man

Mjolnir Tier:

Thor

Thor 2

MK VII Armor Tier:

Iron Man 3

Cap: First Avenger

Iron Man 2

Purple Underwear Tier:

Incredible Hulk
Fair tiers, but Cap 1 has grown on me since the other movies have come out. Hated it the first time I saw it but now I'd rank it well above Thor 2. Thor 1 has also grown on me a bit, mostly for Agent Coulson's brief appearances.

Saw Guardians this weekend and loved it. Really fun and entertaining movie.

Made me think of "The Avengers" meets "Galaxy Qwest".

Lots of great lines. Pretty decent story to follow. And of course the soundtrack is great as well.

lame, I agree awful "mandariin"

I however dont think a classic 10 ring mandarin would work on the screen either.
Why not? I think it's well within the realm of possibility.

Thor 2 and im3 were pretty bad. I cdnt even recall their plots.
Thor's 2 plot is pretty integral to the entire story line of the Infinity Stones.
Yep.

Personally I liked both the Thor films and IM3. The only real clunker IMO has been the first Cap movie. That kind of sucked.
Hulk was the only really bad one IMO.
I wasn't really including the Norton Hulk or the one before that. Although I think both had some good things in them. Norton's Hulk was better than the other one. I would say it was about the same as Cap.

Riversco said:
The best villain in the Marvel film universe currently is Magneto. First class was an origin story for him and lifted that way up.
It's unfortunate we'll probably never see Wolverine or Spiderman as an Avenger.

Thor's 2 plot is pretty integral to the entire story line of the Infinity Stones.
Yep.

Personally I liked both the Thor films and IM3. The only real clunker IMO has been the first Cap movie. That kind of sucked.
I wasn't really including the Norton Hulk or the one before that. Although I think both had some good things in them. Norton's Hulk was better than the other one. I would say it was about the same as Cap.
Cap was one of the weaker ones but I haven't had any real issues with any of the Marvel movies from IM forward.

This movie portrays the feel of a comic book pretty darn well. A few frames of badass action, overly dramatic one-liners, a lot of "per page" humor.

Was good, but probably only elevates to great if you were expecting a live-action comic and not some cinematographic masterwork.

I rank it as the second best by the Disney Marvel Studios, right below The Avengers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.

Cap was one of the weaker ones but I haven't had any real issues with any of the Marvel movies from IM forward.
Hulk was a clunker for me. It might be the only one in the Avengers series I won't rewatch numerous times through the years.

I dont understand why they havent made a good Hulk movie. Thats pretty much everyones favorite character. The movie would crush the box office if done right. He has some great villains too like The Leader & Abomination and they botched that too.

I dont understand why they havent made a good Hulk movie. Thats pretty much everyones favorite character. The movie would crush the box office if done right. He has some great villains too like The Leader & Abomination and they botched that too.
I am hoping they will try to not reboot as much as repair in the next Hulk installment. They did set us up with one of the possible super-villians at the end of the Norton film. Ruffalo said there would be a stand alone Hulk movie and I have seen reports that a Hulk movie would be out in 2015.

I am hoping they will try to not reboot as much as repair in the next Hulk installment. They did set us up with one of the possible super-villians at the end of the Norton film. Ruffalo said there would be a stand alone Hulk movie and I have seen reports that a Hulk movie would be out in 2015.
Hulk info below in the spoiler. It will likely spoil an after credits scene at the end of Avengers 2, but it could be more than that so don't be pissed if you read it.

I read somewhere (likely io9) that at the end of Avengers 2 Hulk is on a quinjet with a trajectory into deep space and he can't get out. Seems to be setting up for Planet Hulk in a way, with Civil War to be after the Infinity Gauntlet. Not sure how accurate it is though.

Hulk info below in the spoiler. It will likely spoil an after credits scene at the end of Avengers 2, but it could be more than that so don't be pissed if you read it.

I read somewhere (likely io9) that at the end of Avengers 2 Hulk is on a quinjet with a trajectory into deep space and he can't get out. Seems to be setting up for Planet Hulk in a way, with Civil War to be after the Infinity Gauntlet. Not sure how accurate it is though.
whoa -------------, MIND BLOWN

whoa --------------, MIND BLOWNYou should put that in spoilers.

whoa planet hulk, MIND BLOWN
You should put that in spoilers.

And you should edit to put it in spoilers as well

.. Ruffalo said there would be a stand alone Hulk movie and I have seen reports that a Hulk movie would be out in 2015.
2015 obviously won't happen. They would have to be well into principle photography right now to make even a late December 2015 release, and I don't think they are even past the early script stage at this point.

And you should edit to put it in spoilers as well

I did before you posted.

And you should edit to put it in spoilers as wellI did before you posted.

:thumbup:

.. Ruffalo said there would be a stand alone Hulk movie and I have seen reports that a Hulk movie would be out in 2015.
2015 obviously won't happen. They would have to be well into principle photography right now to make even a late December 2015 release, and I don't think they are even past the early script stage at this point.
2016 with 2 scheduled movies that have been unannounced or 2017, which is the more likely release, with only 1 scheduled and one more to be scheduled.

dont see why its pure speculation

and back on topic to GOTG. What is the likely villain for GOTG2? Is it going to be cleanup/aftermath from Avengers 2/3? Something personal for Peter or Gamora?

dont see why its pure speculation
Found the link spoilers so be warned.

Could be a way to tie the hulk to GOTG as well like the article suggests. Planet Hulk as it stands now is a difficult movie to translate to the screen as Ruffalo would be Hulk the entire movie

and back on topic to GOTG. What is the likely villain for GOTG2? Is it going to be cleanup/aftermath from Avengers 2/3? Something personal for Peter or Gamora?
I think Thanos will have a slightly bigger role as will another Infinity Stone. This might be one of the last Avenger Marvel movies leading into the culmination of the story in Avengers 3 so hopefully it will advance the story more.

I am unsure who the villain would be.

James Gunn says that he has enough notes on the GOG2 story (revolving around Peters father) that even if he dropped dead, they could easily turn it into a script.

I think Thanos will have a slightly bigger role as will another Infinity Stone. This might be one of the last Avenger Marvel movies leading into the culmination of the story in Avengers 3 so hopefully it will advance the story more.

James Gunn says that he has enough notes on the GOG2 story (revolving around Peters father) that even if he dropped dead, they could easily turn it into a script.
I wasn't sure where GOTG2 will fall timeline wise pre or post Avengers 3. If it's for sure pre Avengers 3 I agree likely the last Infinity Stone and some interaction with the Avengers or at least one or two of them so they have a link prior to Avengers 3.

Yeah that would make the most sense for the second one.

I wasn't sure where GOTG2 will fall timeline wise pre or post Avengers 3. If it's for sure pre Avengers 3 I agree likely the last Infinity Stone and some interaction with the Avengers or at least one or two of them so they have a link prior to Avengers 3.
During Comic Con they announced GOG2 would release July 28, 2017.

Guardians of the Galaxy was for me the most creative movie I've seen since Star Wars. Now, I'm not the super nerd a casual brush by of this thread makes most of you out to be, which means I have no loyalties to any of this crap, but Guardians was a good movie even if you have seen a woman naked (in person). Special thanks to whomever that was that did the tiers - that was special.

I had no idea who these characters were before the movie. I took my g/f and her kids and they seemed to like it, and I really liked it. I was really surprised. On top of all that, we didn't see it in all it's glory. We saw it at a drive-in. I will be sure to grab it on blu-ray when it comes out.

I got there 10 minutes before showtime and had to sit in the 4th row with my neck fixed upwards at the screen. any other movie and i would have been pissed, but this was so good.

I think I missed a lot of the action though. It was pretty tough to follow at such a harsh angle to the screen. I will see it again at a matinee where i can pick out a good seat.

Users who are viewing this thread