What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG loses its Tremendous Upside: RIP friend (1 Viewer)

####. I just logged on after being away from the computer all day. This is awful. :cry: :cry: :cry:

TU was a fantastic poster and he gave me some very good advice about New York on a couple of occasions. I wish I'd known him better, which is 100% my fault.

This is mind-crushingly sad. Best wishes to you, koya, and to Sean's friends and family. RIP to a terrific person.

One of the rare FBGs who I can't recall ever being a ##### to anyone. Amazing reading through this thread and learning what an effect an "internet guy" had on so many of you all who met him. What a shame. Sorry Koya and all of you others who lost a good friend, and for his mom and family. Damn. :(

Here's a pic I'll share with you all.. luckily charvik was able to find these, I was a little nervous they were lost

I was lucky to be able to go on a handful of drinking adventures with Tup and a lot of other great folks.. Here we were with Dr D at Lake Superior.. We were there for TRE's wedding. He loved this Cespedes jersey. Get your tissues maybe :unsure:

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10445520_10203466370281051_2989691109258197074_n.jpg?oh=5d26a51438fc765342f69c6a403c7080&oe=554A7619
This one got me. I'm glad this could be shared.

I remember when I had to pick TU up from the train station for the cornhole. He had to be at the bar by 1:30 because Syracuse was coming on, and he took the train in from New York. So I had no idea where I was going so I was using the Garmin. He calls me and tells me where to pull around to. He jumps in the car and says take a left. The Garmin said keep straight, but I went left anyway. Then we went right, left, right, whatever. Garmin said we were 17 minutes away, TU who is not from Baltimore got us there in 12 minutes.

TRE had a three drink start on him already.

Sometimes I think Heaven is probably the joy shared by the people we leave behind. You guys have good memories of him. Try and remember them always.

So Sean and I took a lot of cabs together, more than I think Ive ever taken with any one person Ive known.

So it was me, Kraft, Zilla and TU in a cab after a long night of drinking with TRE, Red Raiders, Scorchy and Im probably forgetting a few.

So we had rented a house near Camden Yards for our fantasy baseball draft and we were headed there. We had some African cab driver, just like we always did, and I was busy chatting him up about my trips to Africa and women (seem to remember that guy being from Ethiopia FWIW). So we are laughing and carrying on and Im in the front.
snip

This same week I learned how to hail a cab. Being from the mid-size cities, I didn't have much practice hailing cabs - from Sean I learned that in NYC you step out into the road - nay, walk in front of the cab Midnight Cowboy like - and demand they stop "or you'll never get anywhere". I'm not sure the cabbies in Baltimore understood that rule, as we never did get one to stop.

Another fond memory from that week was closing down that "Irish" bar near the house we rented. I put Irish in quotes because no self-respecting Irish bar should ever run out of Guinness, but that's another story. The finer memory was Sean and I and probably JZilla putting together a "winding down the bar" soundtrack on the jukebox. We had the Yellow Ledbetter and Immortality and a few others that seemed appropriate for the mood without being too in-your-face-Closing-Time-by-Semisonic. I popped Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House in (obvious, I know, but I was probably desperate) and when it finally came on, Sean made the comment something to the effect of "I've probably heard this song a thousand times and never really appreciated it like I should. This is a ####### GREAT song! Neil Finn is a ####### GREAT songwriter!" With any other music nerd I would have assumed they were patronizing me - a kiwi rock glutton - but with Sean you knew that was the true feeling at the moment.

Next story - Syracuse vs. Connecticut, 2009 Big East tournament. 6 overtimes. Max's Taphouse, Fell's Point. TUpside vs. everyone else in the bar. Awesome.

So Sean and I took a lot of cabs together, more than I think Ive ever taken with any one person Ive known.

So it was me, Kraft, Zilla and TU in a cab after a long night of drinking with TRE, Red Raiders, Scorchy and Im probably forgetting a few.

So we had rented a house near Camden Yards for our fantasy baseball draft and we were headed there. We had some African cab driver, just like we always did, and I was busy chatting him up about my trips to Africa and women (seem to remember that guy being from Ethiopia FWIW). So we are laughing and carrying on and Im in the front.
snip

This same week I learned how to hail a cab. Being from the mid-size cities, I didn't have much practice hailing cabs - from Sean I learned that in NYC you step out into the road - nay, walk in front of the cab Midnight Cowboy like - and demand they stop "or you'll never get anywhere". I'm not sure the cabbies in Baltimore understood that rule, as we never did get one to stop.

Another fond memory from that week was closing down that "Irish" bar near the house we rented. I put Irish in quotes because no self-respecting Irish bar should ever run out of Guinness, but that's another story. The finer memory was Sean and I and probably JZilla putting together a "winding down the bar" soundtrack on the jukebox. We had the Yellow Ledbetter and Immortality and a few others that seemed appropriate for the mood without being too in-your-face-Closing-Time-by-Semisonic. I popped Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House in (obvious, I know, but I was probably desperate) and when it finally came on, Sean made the comment something to the effect of "I've probably heard this song a thousand times and never really appreciated it like I should. This is a ####### GREAT song! Neil Finn is a ####### GREAT songwriter!" With any other music nerd I would have assumed they were patronizing me - a kiwi rock glutton - but with Sean you knew that was the true feeling at the moment.

Next story - Syracuse vs. Connecticut, 2009 Big East tournament. 6 overtimes. Max's Taphouse, Fell's Point. TUpside vs. everyone else in the bar. Awesome.
still remember following along in chat via Max's web cam in real time. Good times.

Concert pic, maybe someone can help identify what concert? Judd?

http://1drv.ms/1DqSY9c
Pearl Jam closing out the Spectrum on 10/31/2009. Me, TU, RedRaiders, JZilla and (I believe) Kilgore Trout. My mind escapes me on the lady
Let me guess - Kilgore on the right with the long hair. That's you with the black hat. Red just behind and to the right of TU. Zilla with the Yankees lid.
Zilla with the fedora

Pearl Jam closing out the Spectrum on 10/31/2009. Me, TU, RedRaiders, JZilla and (I believe) Kilgore Trout. My mind escapes me on the lady
How the hell did I not meet up with you guys there?

What a crazy weekend....PJ closing down the Spectrum with the World Series going on across the lot.
not sure. I just went through that entire time span in the PJ thread. didn't notice anything

Let me guess - Kilgore on the right with the long hair. That's you with the black hat. Red just behind and to the right of TU. Zilla with the Yankees lid.
nope
I always pictured you wearing an LSU Tigers hat and t-shirt everywhere. Even in the shower.

nope
TF in the Yankees lid?

I wish I had the rest of this pic, but it got lost at granny's. We have had this as a smiley for years now: http://1drv.ms/16oRIJX

All I remember was the complete mayhem around Sean, and he sitting there serene and smiling.

:happy:

i have a bunch of great tup memories from my time living in ny and working in nyc. lots of discussions and lunches and he met and got to know some of my b & m contacts. he played in virtually all my local leagues. i met him about 12 years ago thru this board and here is the type of guy he was.......i needed a person badly for my local bases roto league, but i lived in putnam and he lived in forest hills. he took the metro north up to peekskill on a friday night after work with the promise of beer and food only. i picked him up and it was the first time we ever met. i mentioned that my wife was concerned he would kill me. he was worried i would kill him. i think i turned him onto the guys at chat, he seemed an easy fit. sometimes you just know about a person, tup was that guy. in the most endearing way i really hope there is a giant rug for tup to trip on.

I miss seeing posts from guys like red, Jethro and the rest of the gang. This totally sucks but it's nice to see some of those names again.

lol at the rugburn on his face. Almost forgot about that - Sean running down the hallway in our hotel (for no particular reason) and taking a header. I know he didn't appreciate it much, but that was possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

snipThis same week I learned how to hail a cab. Being from the mid-size cities, I didn't have much practice hailing cabs - from Sean I learned that in NYC you step out into the road - nay, walk in front of the cab Midnight Cowboy like - and demand they stop "or you'll never get anywhere". I'm not sure the cabbies in Baltimore understood that rule, as we never did get one to stop.

It really is a great tune.

Users who are viewing this thread