What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

God doesn't want me to go to derbyhole.

Its one thing for me not to go to my FIL's 90th birthday, it another thing to go to the derby instead.

Wife is kind of anti-FBGs now that her membership got denied by the powers that be. She thinks other FBG wives are allowed and thinks she's being discriminated against. Any civil rights attorneys in the house?

Its one thing for me not to go to my FIL's 90th birthday, it another thing to go to the derby instead.

Wife is kind of anti-FBGs now that her membership got denied by the powers that be. She thinks other FBG wives are allowed and thinks she's being discriminated against. Any civil rights attorneys in the house?
Aaron - her user name is No One. What's the deal?

• You cannot reply to this topic

she should boycott indiana. and tennessee

Anybody do quartz countertops? Thoughts good or bad?
Silestone. They look great and the Mrs. is very happy. Have had them for 11 years now with no problems.
We have that as well. Love it besides for some slight chipping on the edges from use. If you're going to get that, get an corner/edge that isn't a 90-degree right angle.
if I remember correctly we paid a bit extra to get a "double ogee edge". I'll have to look it up to be sure. At any rate not a single crack or chip, and no stains or burns, though Mrs. DW sets hot stuff on it frequently.
Cool. We found a green color we like (wife likes) and will go this route. Countertops + stainless steel sink (install and all) = $3,660. Not too too bad. Cabinets another $3,900.

Keep in mind Home Depot wanted to resurface/reface our existing cabinets, put in quartz countertops and a back splash for $23,000. :lmao:
we almost went with quartz and was around the same price. We found a nice granite we liked. So far so good
I need to do some projects for normal 99% people again. I don't know what's more strange- the prices on my projects, or that I've gotten so used to the prices that I see 23k and can't imagine doing even part of a kitchen for that.

eta: meanwhile, I'm essentially living paycheck to paycheck while I design kitchens that cost more than most people's homes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol... i meant our quartz price was quoted around 4k :bag:

I put in all new hardwood, carpet, island, backspalsh, new tile upstairs bath, new vanity, downstairs backspaksh, granite, new appliances and think I spent 30k total

:lol:

I feel like I've been shovelling #### for the last month. I shovel and shovel, but more keeps coming in. When I have some perspective later to look back, I'm going to have to figure out how in the hell it got this point. but it feels like every step along the way where I've had to let go of some decisions for later (which typically get resolved on their own), every single one of them is coming back to punish me. It's like every decision I've made has been wrong, and now when I need to be wrapping up what I've still got in front of me, I'm having to spend all my time fixing the things that didn't go right previously. #### upon ####. #### begets ####. I'm in ####### #### and feeling... ####ty. Can't remember feeling this buried and hopeless... ugh... in a long time. maybe karma for renegging on the wonderful job opportunity offered me earlier.

membership denied? for the FFA or main website?
FFA. She joined the main site and then created account here, but cannot post or like. Been a week and two validations

I feel like I've been shovelling #### for the last month. I shovel and shovel, but more keeps coming in. When I have some perspective later to look back, I'm going to have to figure out how in the hell it got this point. but it feels like every step along the way where I've had to let go of some decisions for later (which typically get resolved on their own), every single one of them is coming back to punish me. It's like every decision I've made has been wrong, and now when I need to be wrapping up what I've still got in front of me, I'm having to spend all my time fixing the things that didn't go right previously. #### upon ####. #### begets ####. I'm in ####### #### and feeling... ####ty. Can't remember feeling this buried and hopeless... ugh... in a long time. maybe karma for renegging on the wonderful job opportunity offered me earlier.
You want something easy? Help me figure out wtf do with my kitchen :mellow:

I blame TRE.

Oh and you guys talking about aliases clipped or not is pretty cute.
How many different accounts have you gone through?

Tanner Boyle

Radical Larry

Reg Llama of Brixton

Officer Pete Malloy

I am sure I am missing a bunch.
There was a time when I created about 3 aliases a day via proxy and freeby email. And a certain mod would shut them down within a few hours.

I'm not kidding when I say there must have been about 30.

Oh and you guys talking about aliases clipped or not is pretty cute.
How many different accounts have you gone through?

Tanner Boyle

Radical Larry

Reg Llama of Brixton

Officer Pete Malloy

I am sure I am missing a bunch.
There was a time when I created about 3 aliases a day via proxy and freeby email. And a certain mod would shut them down within a few hours.

I'm not kidding when I say there must have been about 30.
Marc Levin must have really hated you.

How much money is bentley committing suicide by bike for?
Right now it's $425. And none of it actually goes to me. And the spandex doesn't leave much to the imagination. I'm going to see things I can't unsee spending two days on the road (and sleeping in a big tent) with a group of coworkers.
And your route doesn't go through Giddings, so you can't even stop at City Meat Market for a brisket sandwich to go.

How much money is bentley committing suicide by bike for?
Right now it's $425. And none of it actually goes to me. And the spandex doesn't leave much to the imagination. I'm going to see things I can't unsee spending two days on the road (and sleeping in a big tent) with a group of coworkers.
I don't understand this. I don't even want to work with most of my coworkers.

Users who are viewing this thread