What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Male Voice of All Time (2 Viewers)

Couldn't narrow it down to just one. Thought I would add in guys with great, distinct, recognizable voices.

Elvis

Roy Orbison

Al Green

Bing Crosby

Johnny Mathis

Stevie Wonder

if you type the worst cover of a beatles song ever in to youtube you will get the best video ever with the best singer you can not beat a russian guy holding a trombone destroying a beatles song bromigos take that to the bank the real answer is nat king cole

Dunno about best, but my favorites are

Sam Cooke

Freddie Mercury

Jackson Browne

Chris Cornell

Jeff Buckley

Carl Wilson

Sir Paul

Johnny Cash

Dunno about best, but my favorites are

Sam Cooke

Freddie Mercury

Jackson Browne

Chris Cornell

Jeff Buckley

Carl Wilson

Sir Paul

Johnny Cash
Yeah, I do not know about best either, but Waylon Jennings, and the guy who sings for Tool both have great voices.

Elton John never gets enough love, especially considering the length of his career.
The length of his career is incredible, add to it the fact that he has stayed with Bernie Taupin (songwriter) since 1967.
Actually there was a period in the late 70s when they stopped writing together. The resumed in the early 80s. The funny thing is that as talented as a musician and songwriter as he is, Elton says he cannot write lyrics to save his life. He needed Taupin for that and the two of them were great. Pretty amazing considering that they got together through an ad in the newspaper.

A lot of great ones mentioned. I'll add James Taylor and Steve Winwood to the list.

Lennon and McCartney were both great singers. Harrison wasn't a slouch either.

Elton John never gets enough love, especially considering the length of his career.
The length of his career is incredible, add to it the fact that he has stayed with Bernie Taupin (songwriter) since 1967.
Actually there was a period in the late 70s when they stopped writing together. The resumed in the early 80s. The funny thing is that as talented as a musician and songwriter as he is, Elton says he cannot write lyrics to save his life. He needed Taupin for that and the two of them were great. Pretty amazing considering that they got together through an ad in the newspaper.
That is interesting. That is still almost 50 years with just a couple where they weren't together. Can't find many bands that have that kind of continuity.

On the list that NetNaut put up, Peter Gabriel is mentioned. He really has a great voice, and is wonderful live.

Biko

Don't Give Up (w/Kate Bush)

Love this video, especially how it is done in one take. Notice the shadow on the sun in the background, and the way they turn the two of them around to show the one who is singing is clever. Plus Tony Levin's base line is sweet in this song.
In Your Eyes

Wallflower (2010 - with piano only)

Throwing some names out there - some have been mentioned, some haven't:

• Freddie Mercury
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Art Garfunkle
  • Nat King Cole
  • Tom Jones

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread