What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jonas Gray (RB - New England) (1 Viewer)

any word on Wilkerson yet?
Jets RE Muhammad Wilkerson (toe) is active for Week 16 against the Patriots.
Wilkerson's return is huge for a Jets team looking to spring the final upset of the Rex Ryan era. Inactive for the Jets are DL T.J. Barnes, OG Dakota Dozier, S Jaiquawn Jarrett, OL Wesley Johnson, S Rontez Miles, WR Walter Powell and QB Matt Simms

any word on Wilkerson yet?
Jets RE Muhammad Wilkerson (toe) is active for Week 16 against the Patriots.
Wilkerson's return is huge for a Jets team looking to spring the final upset of the Rex Ryan era. Inactive for the Jets are DL T.J. Barnes, OG Dakota Dozier, S Jaiquawn Jarrett, OL Wesley Johnson, S Rontez Miles, WR Walter Powell and QB Matt Simms
thank you :thumbup:

Still gonna roll with Jonas I guess...

hmmmmm......Gray could get a couple punch-ins..........or he could have like 6 carries for 15 yards......dammit!!

I'm rolling with Gray today, though my enthusiasm for him has waned substantially in the past month. Gun to my head, I'd project Vereen having the better game today, though I think it's possible that Gray does punch one or two TD's in from short yardage.

Last edited:
Rotoworld:

Patriots RB Jonas Gray is inactive for the Super Bowl.
Gray went berserk against the Colts in Week 11. He played a combined 45 snaps in New England's final eight games as LeGarrette Blount bypassed Gray for power-running duties. Gray turns 25 in June. A one-dimensional, replacement-level talent, Gray will have to battle for a roster spot in 2015.

Feb 1 - 4:41 PM

I would actually have to disagree slightly. Great play by the Oline, but Gray was almost untouched. Did show good speed once in the open field though.

Did anyone see the 55 yard TD? How'd he look? Nice run or broken play?
Started inside then went off tackle and no one was on the edge. Made a nice decision and got to daylight pretty quick. Rest was sort of dumb luck that no one fast was apparently anywhere near the play.

Rookie Shaq Mason and vet James Develin blew the Green Bay DLine the #### out on that run. Maroney coulda walked that one in.

If you commit to carrying a Patriots RB this year, Jonas Gray for example, you have to be in a deep roster league to feel any comfort level to it. 3 and sometimes 4 roster spots are necessary. Between Bolden, Gray, White, and Blount, you are spinning the roulette wheel. The good news is they are all dirt cheap in the final rounds. But even if you pick the right back you're still hostage to Belicheck's game plan. It's a risk/reward situation that is most suitable to zero RB drafters.

If you commit to carrying a Patriots RB this year, Jonas Gray for example, you have to be in a deep roster league to feel any comfort level to it. 3 and sometimes 4 roster spots are necessary. Between Bolden, Gray, White, and Blount, you are spinning the roulette wheel. The good news is they are all dirt cheap in the final rounds. But even if you pick the right back you're still hostage to Belicheck's game plan. It's a risk/reward situation that is most suitable to zero RB drafters.
These are some of my favorite situations. Personally I like Gray so I'll try to roster him. I drafted Gray in the 14th round in 1 of my startups. I won't "handcuff" or "hedge" with the other guys. I love taking dart throws on crowded backfields and hope I picked right. Just like Cleveland, I took dart throws on West everywhere I could because he was the cheapest. Don't look at it as "I need the entire backfield until someone comes out from the woodwork" look at it as a dart throw in a crowded backfield and hope it pays off. Otherwise you're just wasting roster space with 3-4 spots in what is likely a RBBC.

+1 Holding Gray, Bolden and West for exactly the same reasons. If Gray or Bolden end up in New Englands "big" or "small" back roles they'll have RB3 value at no cost and the situation is a lot more unsettled in Cleveland than most people are willing to believe -- Crowell doesn't have it locked down.

For anyone who thinks Bolden has a chance to earn a bigger role, let me stop you right there.

Bolden is a special teamer who occasionally splashes around in the kiddie pool to spell the other backs.

Blount is the two down back, White and Cadet are fighting over the 3DRB role and Gray will be Blounts change of pace. If I had to bet on one of the 3DRBs it would be Cadet.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically we have 4 RBs, (Blount, White, Gray and Cadet).

OH WAIT we are not done yet, since this is BB and the Pats, lets toss in Bolden here and there, to really make it even more indistinguishable.

It seriously, SERIOUSLY wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he brought Sammy Morris back yet again and gave him some work too. :ph34r:

Looks like this is 2015, yet another year I want absolutely nothing to do with any share of BB/Pats back.

Try as I might TO NOT HAVE ANY, I'm sure I'll end up with a Patriots back on a roster somewhere. (just like I had Blount on one championship roster last year)

You got to love it.

At least Lucifer Shanahan is gone, and thats one less nightmare backfield I have to deal with.

TZM

I like Blount in the middle to late rounds and that's about it.
Fortunately hes going super late, hes like RB25 and theres no way he doesn't outperform that adp.
I agree, although his ceiling is limited due to the lack of receiving yards.

Also, BB pulls out crazy schemes every now and then that makes his backs disappear in the fantasy column.

Maybe they wanted Blount and Lewis to run with Garropolo since Brady is (as of now) out for the first four games.

Anyone know what's up with Gray and Bolden getting the big/small back starts last night?
Blount is suspended for the first game and the word is Bolden may end up in the third down role but Lewis and White are still in the mix as well...

Jonas Gray - RB - Free Agent

Patriots waived RB Jonas Gray.

It's possible Gray is being waived/injured, as he missed the preseason finale with an undisclosed injury. Either way, it brings (a little) clarity to the Pats' jumbled backfield. Brandon Bolden and James White will mind the store during LeGarrette Blount's one-game suspension, while Blount will be the No. 1 upon his Week 2 return. Gray had a nice preseason, rolling up 107 yards on 19 carries (5.6 YPC), and averaged 4.6 yards on 89 totes a year ago. It's quite possible he'll be claimed on waivers.

Related: Patriots

Source: Mark Daniels on Twitter Sep 5 - 1:17 PM

I see this more as a belief in Dion Lewis (unless he gets cut too!).

Users who are viewing this thread