What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jonas Gray (RB - New England) (3 Viewers)

JimmyJabroni said:
I'm seeing on Twitter that he went unclaimed. :(
Come on Colts, scoop him up.
That's what I was thinking. Shocking that they're going to roll Gore out there without a clear backup. As a Gore owner (who also had Boom) I'm not sure who the insurance policy is.
Rookie josh robinson. Although a depth move like ball or gray could be made.

If he lands in Tennessee you'd have to think that's the end of the line there for Antonio Andrews. Don't think they'd bring in two more big backs if they're happy with him.

If he lands in Tennessee you'd have to think that's the end of the line there for Antonio Andrews. Don't think they'd bring in two more big backs if they're happy with him.
If he ends up in Tenn then the best move is to just drop/avoid any and all of their RBs this year.

Good luck choosing between Sankey, Cobb, West AND Gray on what is already a below average team.

Replacing Antonio Andrews with Jonus Gray seems like a lateral move but then again trading for Terrance West didn't make much sense to me either.

They need depth

Translation: They don't think much of their lead back.
I think it speaks more to their want/need to protect the REAL investment--Mariota. They want to give him a good running game and now that Cobb is on the shelf, they need bodies that are capable of this. Probably don't trust Andrews to do it.

They need depth

Translation: They don't think much of their lead back.
I think it speaks more to their want/need to protect the REAL investment--Mariota. They want to give him a good running game and now that Cobb is on the shelf, they need bodies that are capable of this. Probably don't trust Andrews to do it.
are you referring to protecting as in blocking, or "protecting" as in having a decent run game?

If it is the former, all signs point to Antonio being a very good pass protector.

@AdamSchefter: Former Patriots RB Jonas Gray will sign with Miami's practice squad, according to @seanstellato. Gray once played on Dolphins' PS.

Jonas Gray - RB - Dolphins

Dolphins signed RB Jonas Gray to the practice squad.

It's been a long, hard fall for Gray since his 201-yard performance against the Colts last November. The 25 year old had a strong preseason, so he might not have to wallow on the practice squad for long. Miami has shaky running back depth behind starter Lamar Miller.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Sep 8 - 6:35 PM

I think he's a guy to watch when injuries start knocking but otherwise, I'm dropping him. I believe there is talent there but if the teams don't give him a shot, then it doesn't matter

Dolphins promoted RB Jonas Gray to the active roster.

He was added to the Dolphins' practice squad earlier this week after going unclaimed on waivers. If Gray suits up Sunday against the Redskins, he won't see more than few snaps behind workhorse Lamar Miller.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Anything to see here?

With all the injuries in the Miami backfield, and Jonas Gray being promoted. I think he has to be in the conversation as a decent stash in dynasty leagues.

Rotoworld:

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said the team wanted to see what Jonas Gray could do in the second half against the Saints.

"I liked him," Bradley said. "In the second half, we said, ‘Let’s give him some more opportunities and see what he can do.’ He added a little bit of burst." Gray finished with 31 yards on five carries, but most of that was driven by a 23 yard gain. Gray still out-gained Denard Robinson by 11 yards on one fewer carry. T.J. Yeldon's status for the season finale is up in the air, but Gray likely earned a bigger role if Yeldon is forced to sit again.

Source: Florida Times Union

Dec 27 - 11:27 PM

Users who are viewing this thread