What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Working on a high-floor, low-variance lineup strictly for cash games and the survivor. Think I've put together something pretty solid:

Smith

Charles

Forsett (alt Freeman)

Edelman

Fitz

Matthews (alt Jones)

Witten

Santos

Ravens

Mainly built on the Smith-Charles-Santos combo, which should result in points for any kind of KC score other than a Knile Davis TD followed by an unsuccessful 2 pt attempt. Other guys are high volume target machines with a lean to PPR volume rather than TDs (Edelman, Matthews, Witten). Would love to hear anyone 'tear this one down' if you could point out a weakness.

Sounds like Bell is the more popular pick over Charles? Bell looks to be at about 36% in a large Double Up versus Charles at 20%.
I keep coming to the smith, charles, santos combo too, also some with maclin. My problem is having that much exposure to 1 game. The bears are horrible, but if the defense decides to show up it would kill your LU.
Yeah that's why I didn't stack with Maclin, but have him in other games. There's $100 left over so could easily upgrade JMatt to Maclin, but I don't really want any more exposure there. Maclin and Jones are higher up on the value chart than Matthews, and since I don't want the stack, Jones might be the play. Just hope they don't stick him on Sherman. Typically GB puts a 3rd WR on Sherman every time and ignores him (has been Adams role in the past). I would think they would do the same with Ty, and let Jones work the other side of the field with Cobb in the slot doing his thing.

Working on a high-floor, low-variance lineup strictly for cash games and the survivor. Think I've put together something pretty solid:

Smith

Charles

Forsett (alt Freeman)

Edelman

Fitz

Matthews (alt Jones)

Witten

Santos

Ravens
My attempt... Forsett hit value once in 4 weeks, and it took 27 carries. Twice in his last 7 games. He doesn't score tds. CLE will be putting like a million guys in the box as Forsett is the only weapon. Last week Matthews got 30% target share against one of the worst passing defenses and he put up 6.7 points. 7.9 the week before that. Nick Foles is literally the bottom ranked qb this week. I think there's a 0% chance Witten hits value without a td and Belichick isn't going to let that happen. The Ravens D is just bad and the Browns are on a roll. McCown with 2 straight 350 and 2 outings.
Gracias! I saw that blurb on RW about Forsett too. Both him and Freeman are pretty safe solid mid range options playing at home. Freeman has a tougher rushing matchup, and might cede a few carries to Coleman (if active), but has been hot and the offense figures to produce. Forsett OTOH has the backfield to himself, in a softer matchup, but yeah CLE should try to force them to throw. Forsett hasn't had the high floor I would've expected due to receptions. Not sure which I feel more confident about, on balance.

Not sure your point re Foles, did you mean Bradford? Matthews did have a crap game last week at 6.5. Could easily pivot off him to Jones.

On Witten, his season low was 7.7 points, but think he's a pretty safe high floor in garbage time, not expecting a TD but something like 5-6 for 50-60 yards. Other options here are Gates (great MNF matchup, but first game back and splitting with Green, so not really what I want for cash/survivor), or Clay who is another high floor option at the exact same price (season low of 6.3 in week 1, after that 9.4 against NE). A little unclear with Watkins. Could easily turn to:

Smith

Charles, Freeman

Edelman, Fitz, Jones

Clay, Bryant, NYG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops. I was looking at the wrong qb. That's embarrassing. Scratch that bit about Foles.

I'm actually torn on Witten. Smart people are projecting him at the top but if you look at his last 10 games it just doesn't look good. Can't decide.

Oops. I was looking at the wrong qb. That's embarrassing. Scratch that bit about Foles.

I'm actually torn on Witten. Smart people are projecting him at the top but if you look at his last 10 games it just doesn't look good. Can't decide.
If the Pats plan is to take away the other team's #1 option... if not clear what they'll aim to do on defense against Dallas. Stop the run? If they had Dez, we'd know. I don't think any of Witten/Williams/Randle deserve the smothering treatment that the Pats would normally aim to do.

I generally add one x 10, 20, 100, and 250 league to each cash LU, then cherry pick a few 3 and 5 players if everyone in it has less than 100 wins.

Settled in on these two 1pm only cash lineups. Any thoughts on them? Would you add a 3rd lineup with Charles/Forsett (minimal changes to the first lineup)?

Smith

Freeman/Charles

JuJones/JaJones/Aiken

Bennett

Santos

Baltimore

Smith

Freeman/Forsett

JuJones/Maclin/Matthews

Clay

Bryant

Green Bay

Settled in on these two 1pm only cash lineups. Any thoughts on them? Would you add a 3rd lineup with Charles/Forsett (minimal changes to the first lineup)?

Smith

Freeman/Charles

JuJones/JaJones/Aiken

Bennett

Santos

Baltimore

Smith

Freeman/Forsett

JuJones/Maclin/Matthews

Clay

Bryant

Green Bay
I can't get behind Aiken even though he's fairly highly rated.

My current 1PM:

Smith

Charles, Freeman

Evans, Maclin, Matthews

Bennet, Bryant, Ravens

Bc not having Julio could hurt on the short slate if he blows up:

Smith

Charles, Gurley

Ju/Ja Jones/Matthews

Clay, Santos, Ravens

I've decided to say #### it and throw Jameis into a bunch of cash lineups. Evans is a stud, they're at home playing in what should be a competitive game. It lets me put Bell and Charles into one lineup which I love. One of them even has Julio too.

Cant decide between these two. Differing players in bold.

Jameis Winston
Jamaal Charles
Leveon Bell
James Jones
Jordan Matthews
Julian Edelman
Charles Clay

Cairo Santos
New York Giants

or

Jameis Winston
Jamaal Charles
Leveon Bell
Julio Jones
Pierre Garcon
Allen Robinson
Owen Daniels

Cairo Santos
New York Giants

What is the highest average point total you can get with the IVR? This is 131:

Pos Name $ QB Philip Rivers 7500 RB LeVeon Bell 9000 RB Devonta Freeman 7600 WR Larry Fitzgerald 7400 WR Julian Edelman 7700 WR James Jones 6400 TE Charles Clay 5700 K Cairo Santos 4600 D Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4000

Pos Name $ QB Philip Rivers 7500 RB LeVeon Bell 9000 RB Devonta Freeman 7600 WR Larry Fitzgerald 7400 WR Julian Edelman 7700 WR James Jones 6400 TE Charles Clay 5700 K Cairo Santos 4600 D Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4000

Rivers

Bell, Freeman

Fitz, Maclin, JaJones

Clay

Gostkowski

Ravens

Smith

Bell, Freeman

Fitz, Allen, JaJones

Clay

Bryant

Ravens

Balt

Cash lineup

Rivers

Bell

Dion

Keenan

Fitzgerald

Garcon

Clay

Canter

Denver

Do you think Keenan is a better cash play than Edelman? Edelman rarely scores TDs, Keenan has higher upside as he can get multiple TDs.

Garcon or Allen Robinson?

Jordan Matthews/Giants or Garcon/Giants

Cash lineup

Rivers

Bell

Dion

Keenan

Fitzgerald

Garcon

Clay

Canter

Denver

Do you think Keenan is a better cash play than Edelman? Edelman rarely scores TDs, Keenan has higher upside as he can get multiple TDs.

Garcon or Allen Robinson?

Jordan Matthews/Giants or Garcon/Giants
I like Garcon. You know DC will be playing from behind, therefore more volume.

Keenan (and Gates) should have a busy week with the other receivers and SD's OL injured. His red zone looks are a nice tie breaker also.

J Mat vs Garcon ... I like both this week. Higher concentration of targets for Garcon, but lower expected team scores.

Rivers

Bell, Freeman

Fitz, Maclin, JaJones

Clay

Gostkowski

Ravens

Smith

Bell, Freeman

Fitz, Allen, JaJones

Clay

Bryant

Ravens

Balt
Nice! The floor is higher with the Ravens D. If you're a little skittish on Clay's injury there are good alternatives at or just below his price point.

karmarooster said:
Maurile Tremblay said:
:popcorn:

Interested to hear how the 100 entries fare. Mainly at the $2 level (so $200 total) or are you going higher than that?
Right now I've got a single placeholder lineup entered into about $1700 worth of $5 and $10 contests. My plan is to find a few $1 multi-entry contests and spend $100 to upload all my lineups into them using the FanDuel Chrome Extension from Rotogrinders. Then once my linups are in the system, I can export them to all the $5 and $10 contests in place of the current dummy lineup.

Then I'll watch this weekend as my dummy placeholder lineup happens to score 200+ points and I'll wonder what could have been if only I'd gotten trapped somewhere and been unable to replace it with all my diversified mediocre lineups. LOL.

I'd also love to know more about HOW you ate constructing all those lineups while trying to hit your ownership targets.
What got me started down this path was that someone pointed me to the Rotogrinders Chrome Extension for FanDuel on Thursday. I tried to use it and discovered that I needed to have a .csv file with lineups in it in a certain format in order to upload lineups using the extension. If I had a .csv file, I could upload a large number of lineups all with a single click of a button instead of spending hours manually entering them.

So I built a little thing in Excel that allows me to copy & paste lineups from the IVC into the workbook, and a macro converts all the lineups into the proper form to use as a .csv file with the Rotogrinders extension.

Then I kept adding to the workbook. I now copy & paste the H-Value data from the IVC into the workbook, and a macro generates targeted ownership percentages based on the formula I gave it. And however many lineups I paste into the workbook, another macro generates a little list of what percentage of my lineups each player is currently in compared to the target percentage. So I use that list to block players in the IVC when they hit their max target, and start generating lineups and copying & pasting and ... the first 80 lineups aren't that hard to do. But after that, it gets difficult to generate good lineups within the targeted constraints. So I'm considering maybe just going with 80 lineups, or else still going with 100 but setting the max player limits as if I were going to go for 120, which should leave me enough flexibility to still find decent lineups.

My eventual plan is to have the IVC generate a downloadable .csv file with any lineups you like from it ... but that's a ways off. I've never used a browser's storage space before, and I've certainly never tried to interact with the FBG cloud before, so either way I do that, I've got stuff to learn first. Alternatively, I could just keep working on the Excel sheet and let people download that and use it the same way I am. But it's pretty ugly and unprofessional right now.

I'd also love to know more about HOW you ate constructing all those lineups while trying to hit your ownership targets.
What got me started down this path was that someone pointed me to the Rotogrinders Chrome Extension for FanDuel on Thursday. I tried to use it and discovered that I needed to have a .csv file with lineups in it in a certain format in order to upload lineups using the extension. If I had a .csv file, I could upload a large number of lineups all with a single click of a button instead of spending hours manually entering them.

So I built a little thing in Excel that allows me to copy & paste lineups from the IVC into the workbook, and a macro converts all the lineups into the proper form to use as a .csv file with the Rotogrinders extension.

Then I kept adding to the workbook. I now copy & paste the H-Value data from the IVC into the workbook, and a macro generates targeted ownership percentages based on the formula I gave it. And however many lineups I paste into the workbook, another macro generates a little list of what percentage of my lineups each player is currently in compared to the target percentage. So I use that list to block players in the IVC when they hit their max target, and start generating lineups and copying & pasting and ... the first 80 lineups aren't that hard to do. But after that, it gets difficult to generate good lineups within the targeted constraints. So I'm considering maybe just going with 80 lineups, or else still going with 100 but setting the max points as if I were going to go for 120, which should leave me enough flexibility to still find decent lineups.

My eventual plan is to have the IVC generate a downloadable .csv file with any lineups you like from it ... but that's a ways off. I've never used a browser's storage space before, and I've certainly never tried to interact with the FBG cloud before, so either way I do that, I've got stuff to learn first. Alternatively, I could just keep working on the Excel sheet and let people download that and use it the same way I am. But it's pretty ugly and unprofessional right now.
This sounds amazing. I've been playing a fairly high percentage of my plays on GPPs this year. I need to find a better way to manage things and it sounds like you're onto something here.

My plan is to find a few $1 multi-entry contests and spend $100 to upload all my lineups into them using the FanDuel Chrome Extension from Rotogrinders.
Isn't this basically the same thing as the scripts under so much scrutiny?

Do you need permission from FanDuel to use the extension on their site?

My plan is to find a few $1 multi-entry contests and spend $100 to upload all my lineups into them using the FanDuel Chrome Extension from Rotogrinders.

FanDuel's policy is to allow approved scripts for the purpose of entering lineups and contests, but not for the purpose of editing lineups or cancelling contests or searching for specific classes of opponents, and I forget what else.

This is an approved script that anyone can use. You don't need individual permission for the Rotogrinders script.

I might be nuts, but I am strongly considering this as a cash lineup this weekend:

QB Tom Brady 8800
RB Anthony Dixon 4500
RB LeVeon Bell 9000
WR James Jones 6400
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7400
WR Pierre Garcon 6200
TE Rob Gronkowski 8400
K Cairo Santos 4600
D Baltimore Ravens 4500

For a gpp lineup, you guys think Doug Martin or tj yeldon is a better value? Both are getting touches. Martin is playing at home and are favored but jags can easily steal this game and have a better run blocking unit.

I'm really worried about Anthony Dixon. I usually love starting RBs at the minimum price, but his injury concerns really weaken his upside. At this point I'm just hoping for a touchdown.

Ravens and Giants are also my favorite cheap defenses this week. Although, the Ravens really disappointed me last week. I thought they would make short work of Mike Vick. Too much Bell I guess

Dixon is okay to take a shot or two with in GPPs, but it wouldn't shock me if Dan Herron ends up outscoring him. I don't really like Dixon as a cash-game play.

I might be nuts, but I am strongly considering this as a cash lineup this weekend:

QB Tom Brady 8800
RB Anthony Dixon 4500
RB LeVeon Bell 9000
WR James Jones 6400
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7400
WR Pierre Garcon 6200
TE Rob Gronkowski 8400
K Cairo Santos 4600
D Baltimore Ravens 4500
Looks as good as anything else. I'm not sold on Garcon, but a lot of people disagree with me.

I'm thinking about starting a qb/rb stack in cash. High scoring game with a pass catching back. Ryan/Freeman ($15.9k) or Brady/Lewis ($15.7k). Thoughts?

Lovr crowder this week
Bloom snapped him up in our season long league. I've watched last weeks game a couple+ times and I'm not sold. But I may be missing something. I have 50 Sunday only LUs in a gpp, he's in one entry with Cousins. I keep a word doc with a list similar to what MT posted last night with notes, and his note is an up arrow which means to get more exposure, but I'm not doing it.

FanDuel's policy is to allow approved scripts for the purpose of entering lineups and contests, but not for the purpose of editing lineups or cancelling contests or searching for specific classes of opponents, and I forget what else.

This is an approved script that anyone can use. You don't need individual permission for the Rotogrinders script.
Thanks. I need to "get out" more. I've really zoned in on my own little world and no longer use RG or any other resources than watching games all week, reading here and tracking fantasy pros rankings. I have some thoughts on these kind of extensions but will save them for now.

Maurile Tremblay said:
I don't develop frequency rates for targets in advance, but I end up with a similar list. Then on Sunday morning with a piping hot carafe of Kona's best in front of me, I "focus" the lineups while following injury news, by fading players I probably shouldn't be messing with so much. I can't tell you how many times my big list has been heavy on all the guys in the eventual winner's LU, but obviously I didn't have the right combo. Risk reward gets higher the more I focus down the list, but in gpps, I'm okay with losing because one of these weeks I'm picking the damn lock (with the right combo).

That was my approach to hoops and I got on a very hot run last winter.

Hey guys anyone want to help me fill these two $5 leagues? Need 1 in each one. It's a bunch of low win friends of mine. Thanks!

1pm only:

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/BHMSMHJPP?invitedby=bobcat10&cnl=ba

Sun-Mon:

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/DPXUKWKMB?invitedby=bobcat10&cnl=ba
I joined the Sun-Mon one. Plugged my cash game lineup in. Not sure if that is the right strategy for these since I never play them. You might have hooked a fish. :)
I pretty much use cash lineups in these, sometimes with a stack. I won last week with 120, usually takes a little more than that but how many times do your cash lineups go for 150. It happens. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread