What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

giveup said:
Foster owner. :( Blue and Polk are both available. Which one? Darkwa... Wow. Nice runs. Anything on him or was that just a fluke spell with Jennings/Vereen/Williams sucking?
:kicksrock: I dropped Polk last week in a large league and now have to start McCluster### due to byes. :bag:

BobbyLayne said:
will have to check, but he was grabbed in a couple small leagues late last week.

Also for the TE needy: Seferian-Jenkins may be back.

Vincent Jackson hurt his knee (although sounds minor) and Louis Murphy (3rd WR) looks to have torn his ACL. May be a role for another pass catcher beyond Evans.

I'm taking a flier on Amendola. I have zero expectations, but he has 100 or a TD in three of the last four. The last spot on my bench was Hankerson, who can't stay healthy and is playing in a fairly stagnant offense.
I'm not dropping Hankerson yet, Atlanta's schedule is pretty favorable.

Washington might still be out there.
Washington does seem interesting if Shorts remains out - 16 targets yesterday. There's going to be lots of passing, with or without Foster. Hopkins is a target monster, but there might be enough to support two receivers.

Ridley

I lost Foster in a few leagues. One in which I really need a RB, but Blue or Polk do not really excite me. Foster wasn't exactly doing much on the ground.. It was his combination of receiving and rushing which was getting him fantasy points. Going forward, Houston will be playing from behind a lot. There defense is horrible outside of Watt and Clowney.

I would roll the dice on Darkwa instead of Blue.

i have the #1 waiver and McFadden is sitting there. You guys think he's going to remain atop the Cowboys backfield ROS? Personally I have no idea what's going to happen week to week and wonder if I really want to get involved. Didn't see this coming.

Washington might still be out there.
Washington does seem interesting if Shorts remains out - 16 targets yesterday. There's going to be lots of passing, with or without Foster. Hopkins is a target monster, but there might be enough to support two receivers.
Yeah. Garbage time seems to start early for the Texans. Washington is reliable but not exciting, certainly a savvy enough veteran to know what to do against soft prevent defenses. Hoyer might be good for some spot starts as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the #1 waiver and McFadden is sitting there. You guys think he's going to remain atop the Cowboys backfield ROS? Personally I have no idea what's going to happen week to week and wonder if I really want to get involved. Didn't see this coming.
Nope

First off this is McFadden we are talking about. More carries = more risk getting hurt.

I think some like Randall.

As for CMike apparently nobody in two franchises likes him.

Nope

First off this is McFadden we are talking about. More carries = more risk getting hurt.

They're saying Randle might be out a while.

If I can get 4-5 weeks of solid RB2 production out of my waiver-wire pickup, I'll be more than happy.

NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Joseph Randle is dealing with an oblique injury.

Randle struggled with an oblique injury in training camp which forced him to miss the first preseason game. Getlin reports the Cowboys expect him to "miss some time." Darren McFadden dominated snaps on his way to 152 yards and a touchdown against the Giants Sunday. McFadden will be an RB2 even in a tough matchup against Seattle this week if Randle is forced to sit.
Source: Rand Getlin on Twitter
Oct 26 - 12:05 PM

Nope

If I can get 4-5 weeks of solid RB2 production out of my waiver-wire pickup, I'll be more than happy.

NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Joseph Randle is dealing with an oblique injury.

Randle struggled with an oblique injury in training camp which forced him to miss the first preseason game. Getlin reports the Cowboys expect him to "miss some time." Darren McFadden dominated snaps on his way to 152 yards and a touchdown against the Giants Sunday. McFadden will be an RB2 even in a tough matchup against Seattle this week if Randle is forced to sit.
Go for it.. but I don't think any situation involving McFadden is solid.

Nope

Already did, got him in both leagues and decided to start him in PPR over that bum Abdullah yesterday :D

He's the most talented RB on a team with the best OL in the NFL, and he may have just won the starting job outright even when Randle returns. There aren't any RBs with nearly as much upside as McFadden on any of my waiver wires.

Sure, he's always gonna be an injury risk. But we're not talking about a guy you're spending a high draft pick on, we're talking about a guy you can get for free. (if you don't do FAAB anyway) Low risk, high reward.

Nope

Already did, got him in both leagues and decided to start him in PPR over that bum Abdullah yesterday :D

He's the most talented RB on a team
Cmike is the most talented. Check your SPARQ scores bruh.

Remember when they said Brian Bosworth and Tony Mandarich were both going to dominate football for a decade based on measurables? How'd that turn out?

I don't care which one is more "talented." I'd rather have McFadden than C-Mike at the moment.

SPARQ scores, or any other score don't superseded opportunity and on-field performance.

Zow said:
James Starks.

See if McManus or Crosby got dropped.
I have McManus, and it's the first time in 8 years that I've ever rostered 2 kickers to keep from having to drop one on a bye. That kid can bomb the long FG and is worth a top waiver claim if he's out there.
Ditto for me. I have always dropped my kicker in the past during a bye week. This year was the first time I carried 2 kickers just to cover a bye.

I shouldn't have bothered because my bye week fill-in only had 2 points. Wasn't worth the roster spot.

Remember when they said Brian Bosworth and Tony Mandarich were both going to dominate football for a decade based on measurables? How'd that turn out?

I don't care which one is more "talented." I'd rather have McFadden than C-Mike at the moment.

SPARQ scores, or any other score don't superseded opportunity and on-field performance.
Doesn't matter what the coaches think. This is Darren mcFadden we are talking about! He will be hurt before we know it and Michael will get his shot.

If someone else had posted him, I would have said, "No way that guy's available!" But Davante Adams was not only dropped in my 16-team, 0.5 PPR league, he's been sitting on the WW for a few weeks. McCarthy said he's definitely back next week. Plus, since GB is coming off a bye, you may be able to get him immediately without waiting for waivers.

I don't expect much from him vs. Denver, but he's definitely worth a stash. I fully expect GB's offense to ramp up in the second half of the season.

;)

#sarcasm

Doesn't matter what the coaches think. This is Darren mcFadden we are talking about! He will be hurt before we know it and Michael will get his shot.
Keep searching for that white whale...

Sombody "up there" wants Michael to have his shot. Dallas RBs are dropping like flies, and McFadden is made of glass.

If Lewis is out I think Danny A. becomes a decent play again. The NE game plan is variable but the pass game seems to work on a triangle, there has to be a third corner there. With Lewis out it appears to be Amendola.
i think Amendola only had a good game against the jets because of the hit on edelman. If you rematch the game he got crushed and wasn't the same. Dropped a touchdown pass that drive that was easy and also had another drop that i believe was on third down. I wouldn't be surprised if he was concussed but just never came of the field to get tested as he popped right back up. Gotta love this guys heart in the game but i wouldn't put much stock into amendola

If Lewis is out I think Danny A. becomes a decent play again. The NE game plan is variable but the pass game seems to work on a triangle, there has to be a third corner there. With Lewis out it appears to be Amendola.
i think Amendola only had a good game against the jets because of the hit on edelman. If you rematch the game he got crushed and wasn't the same. Dropped a touchdown pass that drive that was easy and also had another drop that i believe was on third down. I wouldn't be surprised if he was concussed but just never came of the field to get tested as he popped right back up. Gotta love this guys heart in the game but i wouldn't put much stock into amendola
What about the week before, when he had 105? Or two weeks before that, when he had 36 and a TD?

I'm not saying he's locked in. But he's been good three of the past four weeks. There might actually be something there.

seahawk 17 said:
Are you implying that Houston would sign him? Because yeah, when your season is already going down the toilet and your coach's seat is heating up, why not voluntarily take on a PR s###storm at the same time?
I do not believe this would cause the s###storm some might think. Rice has served his punishment and be contrite about the situation. I look at the Hardy situation, which was just as egregious, as the possible public reaction to signing Rice.

The more likely reason Rice has not been signed is because his skills have deteriorated.

Zow said:
James Starks.

See if McManus or Crosby got dropped.
I have McManus, and it's the first time in 8 years that I've ever rostered 2 kickers to keep from having to drop one on a bye. That kid can bomb the long FG and is worth a top waiver claim if he's out there.
Ditto for me. I have always dropped my kicker in the past during a bye week. This year was the first time I carried 2 kickers just to cover a bye.

I shouldn't have bothered because my bye week fill-in only had 2 points. Wasn't worth the roster spot.
Wondering if I should drop Tucker and make a Crosby claim.

Lafell 8 targets, will get a bunch of snaps.
Seems likely. I'm gonna keep starting Diggs over him until that run ends. Hoping the volume continues as I'm using him weeks 9 & 11 to cover byes.

I stashed him after Week 5. Almost outsmarted myself - very lucky to land Diggs the following week. Was beating myself up over that misstep but it all worked out.

But sometimes the move you don't make is the wiser course.

32 Counter Pass said:
seahawk 17 said:
Are you implying that Houston would sign him? Because yeah, when your season is already going down the toilet and your coach's seat is heating up, why not voluntarily take on a PR s###storm at the same time?
I do not believe this would cause the s###storm some might think. Rice has served his punishment and be contrite about the situation. I look at the Hardy situation, which was just as egregious, as the possible public reaction to signing Rice.

The more likely reason Rice has not been signed is because his skills have deteriorated.
Jerry Jones has repeatedly demonstrated he has precisely zero f###s to give, so the Hardy situation is hardly predictive. My guess is that with Rice it's a combo of all those things. His skills have deteriorated to the point where it wouldn't be worth the PR hit, especially for a team that's going nowhere like the Texans.

Either way, why would any fantasy owner waste a speculative waiver claim on him?

Jack White said:
JHuber77 said:
ponchsox said:
Alfred Blue again
Blue stinks
Starter on the waiver wire, If he stinks so be it, but i'd rather have him than a one week wonder.
Why?

You could never start him with confidence (because, as a reminder, he sucks).

So why bother even rostering him?
Because you still have Alfred Morris on your rooster?

I'm not understanding a lot in this thread -- seems like a lot of conjecture over actual data.

Blue is the cuff; Polk is a COP, and Grimes used as the receiving back. When Foster was out the first 3 weeks, it was Blue that was the primary runner, with nearly twice as many attempts and 2.6x the yardage -- including his monster 31/139/1 game in week 3 against Tampa. Even after Foster returned, Blue still got more carries than Polk. So how is Blue not the guy here?

With Randle going out in the first quarter, you would think there would be no better situation to use CMike. Yet it was all McFadden -- DMac got the calls, and did fantastic with them. Meanwhile CMike did less with his 5 carries than Randle did with the two he got, then got outrushed by a no-name WR Lucky Whitehead. Yet CMike is a hold?

Amendola goes 8/86/1 but LaFell (with 2/25 and a few drops) is the better waiver play?

I'll be the first to admit that anything can happen, and in all three of these situations, the story isn't fully told. Can certainly see Polk challenging Blue if Blue struggles, or DMac getting injured, or the return of Lewis affecting Amendola's usage.

But it's headscratching why, at this point in time, with what we know of these teams, some are so convinced that bypassing a WW player who has already proven himself in situations already is the move.

I'm not understanding a lot in this thread -- seems like a lot of conjecture over actual data.

Blue is the cuff; Polk is a COP, and Grimes used as the receiving back. When Foster was out the first 3 weeks, it was Blue that was the primary runner, with nearly twice as many attempts and 2.6x the yardage -- including his monster 31/139/1 game in week 3 against Tampa. Even after Foster returned, Blue still got more carries than Polk. So how is Blue not the guy here?

With Randle going out in the first quarter, you would think there would be no better situation to use CMike. Yet it was all McFadden -- DMac got the calls, and did fantastic with them. Meanwhile CMike did less with his 5 carries than Randle did with the two he got, then got outrushed by a no-name WR Lucky Whitehead. Yet CMike is a hold?

Amendola goes 8/86/1 but LaFell (with 2/25 and a few drops) is the better waiver play?

I'll be the first to admit that anything can happen, and in all three of these situations, the story isn't fully told. Can certainly see Polk challenging Blue if Blue struggles, or DMac getting injured, or the return of Lewis affecting Amendola's usage.

But it's headscratching why, at this point in time, with what we know of these teams, some are so convinced that bypassing a WW player who has already proven himself in situations already is the move.
THANK YOU!

Good to see ya popping up and posting, STC.

Just reading through this thread, in no order...

Danny A.

Green*

LaFell

McFadden*

Darkwa

Washington

Blue*

Polk

Starks*

ASJ

Ebron*

Walford

DCobbs

*A lot of these guys may be off the wire already.

For perspective these were the names bounced in the Week 6 WW thread:

West

KDavis

Crowder

Carrier

Marq Wilson

Snead

Andrews

Huff

McFadden

Michael

Bortles

McCown

Montgomery

Diggs - by Bri:

Diggs (discussion again if not picked up due to bye) just because. There's no spot for him with Johnson returning and Coradelle around but, there should be. After next week's game, it might be 'oh he played a bunch over Coradelle and subbed in for Wallace and Johnson.' Today many just consider him back to being 4th WR.
- seconded by a few.

To Drop - Crowell

Lots of names but usually maybe 2-3 really had value.

Users who are viewing this thread