What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Thread - Heading into Week 13 (1 Viewer)

McBokonon

Footballguy
Didn’t see a thread yet, which might just be a reflection of the state of the waiver wire. Might see some names get dropped due to byes so the best option might be to see who got let go by others so they could cover a bye.

TE - Freiermuth is about half-owned on Yahoo and is back and healthy just when the Steelers learned the middle of the field is a real place.

Other than that, defenses and kickers.

WR Jalin Hyatt has a connection with Devito,
TE Gerald Everett looks like the TE to own in LAC

Gonna add WR A.T. Perry looks like he might be a WR1 if those injuries force them to miss.

but meh-est week overall.

I rather cover my bye week kicker atm and keep Tucker, so no fun speculative pickup for me this week.
Prolly a better week to pickup what is dropped.

Last edited:
Freiermuth is the only thing worth anything on my wire. I'm putting in 20% for him with Goedert still iffy of he plays this week.

Is it me or did R. Johnson take the pole position in the CHI backfield last night?

Caught a few balls and at least split with K. Herbert if not better.

Think CHI could make some noise down the stretch. D looks much improved.

Is it me or did R. Johnson take the pole position in the CHI backfield last night?

As the biggest roschon truther it all depends on Foreman's health. Roschon was injured against the cupcake matchup that he would have secured the job

As the biggest roschon truther it all depends on Foreman's health. Roschon was injured against the cupcake matchup that he would have secured the job
He serously outsnapped Herbert last night. Something like 46 to 15. That's completely unexpected.

He serously outsnapped Herbert last night. Something like 46 to 15. That's completely unexpected.
Seems like Eberflus always wanted Roschon to be the main guy, but didn’t happen right away due to injury and maybe some rookie mistakes that kept him from gaining full trust. Seems like that time is now.

Seems like Eberflus always wanted Roschon to be the main guy, but didn’t happen right away due to injury and maybe some rookie mistakes that kept him from gaining full trust. Seems like that time is now.
Would be a good time to see what you have in the rookie in a wasted season

I'm in desperate need of a bye-filler WR this week. Looking at these three....

A Perry NOS - Somebody has to catch balls in NOS this week.
G Dortch ARI - If Wilson is out, he seems to have some chemistry with Murray.
Tillman CLE - Snap count increased with DPJ going to DET. If Cooper is out, he becomes the WR2 by default, no?

Anyone picking up Trey Sermon now that he’s the #2 INDY RB?
That just means he holds the Gatorade bottle for Moss and the rest of the offense. Short answer, no.
If moss gets injured he's the last man standing so if big benches maybe
If you're depending on Trey Sermon at this juncture in the season you're screwed anyway, but if you have a spot at the end of your bench that you will cut anyway during next year's rookie draft, then knock yourself out.

Tillman CLE - Snap count increased with DPJ going to DET. If Cooper is out, he becomes the WR2 by default, no?
I'll answer as I am in the same boat waiting to hear about Noah Brown and D Douglas' injury status:

Dortch on someones team or he'd already be on mine. Best option of the three.
Tillman has been balling and detroit is not great defensively. Leaning towards him if Brown and douglas are out.
AT Perry: If Jamieis was the QB this is a no brainer, but with Carr at the helm (who barely kept Mike Thomas functional and AT is the same tye of player) I just don't see it. I'd rather take a flier on a KC WR on the wire and hope for the best or a guy like Trey Palmer in Tampa. Maybe Wicks on GB if he is playing this week. (I just see a smash game for TEs/Taysom/ and Kamara in the passing game)

I'll answer as I am in the same boat waiting to hear about Noah Brown and D Douglas' injury status:

Dortch on someones team or he'd already be on mine. Best option of the three.
Tillman has been balling and detroit is not great defensively. Leaning towards him if Brown and douglas are out.
AT Perry: If Jamieis was the QB this is a no brainer, but with Carr at the helm (who barely kept Mike Thomas functional and AT is the same tye of player) I just don't see it. I'd rather take a flier on a KC WR on the wire and hope for the best or a guy like Trey Palmer in Tampa. Maybe Wicks on GB if he is playing this week. (I just see a smash game for TEs/Taysom/ and Kamara in the passing game)
That's good info. Yeah, it sounds like we're looking at a lot of the same guys. I agree on Dortch being the top choice.... Unfortunately, I was outbid on him last night. Didn't put in a contingency choice as I'm waiting to see who's all playing this week. Next waivers run is Sunday AM, and there's only four teams left to bid, two of which have less $$ than I do. Sounds like Cooper will play, so Tillman isn't a no-brainer after all. I'm going to look at the NOS situation a little closer... You might be right. I like J. Johnson (TE) as a red zone threat more than anything else (not that he's available). Perry feels like somebody who will throw up a dud if I grab him, but go for 6/75/1 if I don't. Taking a second look at Palmer as well... His targets the last few weeks have been better than I realized.

I'm in the first week of playoffs, and with Hockenson and Flowers out, I'm one flex player away from a pretty solid lineup. Covering Hock's bye with Freiermuth (I was fortunate to grab him about three weeks ago), and I'm currently filling that flex spot with TE Hudson (CIN) in a TE-premiere scoring league (1.5PPR). Feels like this might be the week he drops off a cliff, but who knows. Taking a deeper dive at who's available....

K. Raymond (DET) @ NOS... Had a good week last week, but not very consistent. Too many options in DET.
D. Parker (NE) vs LAC .... Only if Douglas is out would I consider this. Even then, the NE offense/pass game is a total question mark right now.
S. Moore (KC) @ GB.... Another team with a lot of weapons/options.
N. Westbrook-Ikhine (TEN) vs IND.... Is he the WR2 in TEN? Even so... meh.
T. Irwin (CIN) @JAC... Had two decent weeks with Higgins out, then dropped to just one target (caught for 25 yds) last week.

Not sure anything stands out there. Taking another look at Palmer, Tillman, and the NOS situation as a whole. And probably DET and KC as well, just in case either of those teams have last-minute WR's not playing this week that might push someone else further into the limelight.

Guy in my league just dropped Jakobi Meyers. I put all my remaining FAAB in for him even though he's on bye. Guy needs a win but I felt like he had other people he could have dropped. Only problem is there are guys with 60% of their FAAB still. I'm hoping they don't notice or try to low ball it.

Moral of the story, watch for desperation drops and pounce.

Guy in my league just dropped Jakobi Meyers. I put all my remaining FAAB in for him even though he's on bye. Guy needs a win but I felt like he had other people he could have dropped. Only problem is there are guys with 60% of their FAAB still. I'm hoping they don't notice or try to low ball it.

I've been so impressed with Meyers this season. He is a 1b NFL WR, at worst. Guy has plenty of athleticism, decent size, runs great routes and has fantastic hands. It's shocking to me that Alan Lizard King received a better contract this offseason - and that the Patriots let him go at such a value price.

I've been so impressed with Meyers this season. He is a 1b NFL WR, at worst. Guy has plenty of athleticism, decent size, runs great routes and has fantastic hands. It's shocking to me that Alan Lizard King received a better contract this offseason - and that the Patriots let him go at such a value price.
Honestly, I dropped him in a ten team short bench ppr league because I had to. I can get him back right now but would have to drop Diontae or Addison for him. I’m thinking Addison should be the one who gets replaced since he’s closer to the third option than Meyers is to the 1B, right?

Deep end of bench churn - I picked up Chase Brown. He looked solid in the preseason, IMO better than Trayveon. I think the Bengals know their season is over, even if they do make the playoffs which is looking like a long shot now, they won't go anywhere. Been reading murmurs they want to get Brown touches and see what they have in him heading into next season. Might not be much this week, but I think he's more valuable than a lot of other bench stashes at this point. I dropped Rico Dowdle to pick him up. They didn't have to activate him from IR as they still have Evans behind Williams (behind Mixon). So feels like it was done for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread