What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 9 (1 Viewer)

For all the folks ragging on Levis, remember, there are leagues where people are probably starting actual clipboard holders this week.
I'm not ragging on him, just pointing out that Hopkins probably made his numbers look a lot better than they will moving forward. Spend all you want on him, I don't care. haha

For all the folks ragging on Levis, remember, there are leagues where people are probably starting actual clipboard holders this week.
I'm not ragging on him, just pointing out that Hopkins probably made his numbers look a lot better than they will moving forward. Spend all you want on him, I don't care. haha
I am in only 2 smaller leagues, so there are QB's galore. But in larger leagues, I bet he is ranked somewhere near QB24 as a starter this week. And there are many that would be happy to start him, given their other options this week.

Anyone with a pulse in SuperFlex leagues where I lost cousins and Purdy is on a bye this week.

Guys I’m looking at. And really could use a starter this week… but could survive flexing a low end RB2 so not panicking yet. So need to think about long term QB possibility as well.

Rypien
Heineke
Hall
Mullens (may add both Vikings QBs)

Maybe add a dart throw on McCoy, Jameis though that rumor was unsubstantiated, Wentz, etc)
I’m in the same boat as I lose Goff, except
I’m not in a super flex. I actually may pick up Mac Jones and start him vs the Commanders.

Pop Douglas is the one guy that intrigues me the most given the talent and potential opportunity, although I know that Belicheck will have just have Mac feed JJSS to the tune of 8-10 empty targets a game.

Only in PPR IMO. The NE offense is too anemic.
It is anemic for sure BUT doesnt somebody have to catch passes and thus have at least wr 3 value there? You may have a point in non ppr but in 1/2 and full I would expect the kid to be usable/ first bench player the rest of the year. And it doesnt hurt any they play Wash this week who are one of the absolute worst against wrs this year. At the very least this kid is th edefinition of a bye week add and start this week.
Yea definitely useful in PPR. In standard, he's like a WR3. I don't need another WR3.
If he is a wr 3 he is also a bye week filler. I didnt think I needed a wr3 either....till injuries hit.

Last edited:
Ive got Phiiys D who plays dallas this week followed by a bye week next week. They got me 2 points this week and caused me to lose so Im punishing them lol Minn is the highest poingt D not owned and have Atl (24th against Ds) NO (16th) den (21) and chicago (30) in the next 4 games.

Dotson was dropped before this past weekend. And I know from his thread there were others who dropped him right before he popped last Sunday.

10 targets last weekend. Howell seems to be playing well. A defense that got slaughtered on the line could prove for a lot of catch-up and garbage time points for this team.

Nice WR depth piece.

Daniel Bellinger could be a potential option with the news that Darren Waller’s hamstring injury might keep him out for a few weeks.
Robinson (if available) might see a bump in targets with Waller out as well, maybe absorb a lot of the underneath stuff Waller gets.
Was thinking this too. Think D. Jones was more likely to target him too.

For the desperate (like me), this may work.

Considering the QBs that have gone down, any kid who throws 4 TDs in a debut is a priority add.

What if Bryce Young had sat out all year, and threw 4 TDs in his first game (instead of sucking out loud all year)? How excited would everyone be?

Completely possible Levis is actually good.
Levis has a big arm, but a lot of those passes to Hopkins were "off". Hopkins is Hopkins and he made plays. I guess Levis could be good, OR, adequate if DeAndre keeps making plays.

Is Tannehill done?
Vrabel said Tannenhill is the starter when healthy. Wonder how long it will take to get healthy.
Kind of makes me question Vrabel’s competency.

Not one person bit on Fornette across 7 leagues so far

99.9% of owners make decisions on "what have you done for me lately?"
Well lately for him was a few years ago at this point... I do think you reach the point now where the bottom 1/3 of leagues manage less aggressively and the top 1/3 have decent roster and its hard to find the space to speculate on such a muddy field
A few years ago? Last year (yes, in 2022) he was RB14 in PPR. His 73 catches were behind only Ekeler & CMC.

I don't need any defenses. My opponent is currently starting Miami against Chiefs. I got Patriots for 1 dollar when 1st round of waivers cleared. Just dumped them today for next best defense Chargers against Jets. Tomorrow I'll drop them and pick up the next best. Anyone play this waiver game?

I don't need any defenses. My opponent is currently starting Miami against Chiefs. I got Patriots for 1 dollar when 1st round of waivers cleared. Just dumped them today for next best defense Chargers against Jets. Tomorrow I'll drop them and pick up the next best. Anyone play this waiver game?
Yup. Problem is that whatever you drop will clear in my leagues in 48 hours so there's only so many bullets in the gun to play this block game.

Yup. Problem is that whatever you drop will clear in my leagues in 48 hours so there's only so many bullets in the gun to play this block game.
Ah. Mine is 3 days. Gives me time to snag three defense away.

Yes and so long as it's not FCFS it's all good.

Won me a championship last year in a FFPC dynasty league doing this, spent last two weeks of the season blocking two playoff teams from decent QB options and was differece in winning vs finishing third. And frankly I found it extra satisfying.

London being declared out today, I can move him to IR and pick up someone else for my 12-team PPR. Who do people usually target in situations like this? I feel like, since there's a good chance I'll have to drop whoever it is next week once London is back, I should focus on players where I expect to learn something this weekend.

For example, Charbonnet is available. Things were left a little murky with him and Walker next week, so hopefully Sunday will clarify that situation a little.

Other possibilities:
  • Henderson
  • Singletary
  • Cooks/Gallup
  • Josh Palmer (risky because if he doesn't play, I won't learn anything about his situation)

London being declared out today, I can move him to IR and pick up someone else for my 12-team PPR. Who do people usually target in situations like this? I feel like, since there's a good chance I'll have to drop whoever it is next week once London is back, I should focus on players where I expect to learn something this weekend.

For example, Charbonnet is available. Things were left a little murky with him and Walker next week, so hopefully Sunday will clarify that situation a little.

Other possibilities:
  • Henderson
  • Singletary
  • Cooks/Gallup
  • Josh Palmer (risky because if he doesn't play, I won't learn anything about his situation)
That’s wild there are two starting RBs on your waiver wire in a 12 team league. And Charbonnet.

Other possibilities:
  • Henderson
  • Singletary
  • Cooks/Gallup
How are all those guys available in a 12 team league? lol

K. Ingram for the desperate.

E. Demarcado ruled out.

I see he is marked as out in Sleeper, but where did you see this reported? I don't even see a thread for him here. I'm wondering what his injury is and how long he is expected to be out.

K. Ingram for the desperate.

E. Demarcado ruled out.

I see he is marked as out in Sleeper, but where did you see this reported? I don't even see a thread for him here. I'm wondering what his injury is and how long he is expected to be out.
Rotoworld, everywhere. He's declared out on the official injury report. No practice at all this week.

I'm also forced to start T. McBride. I'm loath to start two Cardinals this week against arguably the best D in the league but volume is volume.

Other possibilities:
  • Henderson
  • Singletary
  • Cooks/Gallup
I'm in the same boat. If Palmer doesn't play (he's taken) I'm looking at Q Johnson

Other possibilities:
  • Henderson
  • Singletary
  • Cooks/Gallup
:shrug:

It's a bunch of guys I know professionally. Not super sharky, but no one's totally clueless or checked out on the season.

Henderson was dropped earlier this week by a team that's stacked at RB. For all I know he'll be claimed on waivers first thing tomorrow morning. Palmer was also dropped this week by a team that needed to pick up a TE for the bye week. Singletary is the only one who's been out on the wire for awhile, but really, what has he accomplished all year that makes him such a hot pickup? And he has a tough matchup this week to boot.

I think I'm still sticking with Charbonnet, although I am starting to wonder if Henderson might be a better option. But I'm not sure we're going to learn any more about the Rams' backfield split this week than what we already know

Other possibilities:
  • Henderson
  • Singletary
  • Cooks/Gallup
:shrug:

It's a bunch of guys I know professionally. Not super sharky, but no one's totally clueless or checked out on the season.

Henderson was dropped earlier this week by a team that's stacked at RB. For all I know he'll be claimed on waivers first thing tomorrow morning. Palmer was also dropped this week by a team that needed to pick up a TE for the bye week. Singletary is the only one who's been out on the wire for awhile, but really, what has he accomplished all year that makes him such a hot pickup? And he has a tough matchup this week to boot.

I think I'm still sticking with Charbonnet, although I am starting to wonder if Henderson might be a better option. But I'm not sure we're going to learn any more about the Rams' backfield split this week than what we already know

Singletary has the backfield to himself. That's tough to turn down. And he catches the ball. Think that game could be sneaky high scoring too.

I would normally go with Henderson here, but if Stafford is out that could be iffy, but the matchup is there.

I actually like Charbonnet this week, but I'm desperate. Think SEA falls behind, Zach gets some PPR action. Carroll loves the guy and there's still a chance K. Walker is a little dinged up.

Picked up Mac Jones for Daniel Jones. Just need a qb for a week, don’t want to spay someone on the first game back from injury.
True, I'd let them fully recover from their injury before spaying them.
Daniel Jones.
<sigh> I miss The Far Side.

Easily makes the cut for the Mount Rushmore of greatest comic strips ever. Peanuts, Far Side, Calvin & Hobbes and...
My 3 favorites as well!

Josh Dobbs just upgraded when JJ returns on his....
WR1, WR2, WR3, TE1-Hock Hock Hock
Better OL
Better set of RBs than AZ without Connor
Better defense even though it's not what most feel is a good defense
Better Head Coach, Better organization, Better 1st Class city in Minneapolis vs the barren desert of Arizona

Dobbs must feel like he hit the lottery after Sunday's performance
Love the move for the Vikings after Cousins tears his achilles
Way to fight back and not be a victim
:banned:

Users who are viewing this thread