What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 9 (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
QB Sam Howell (45% rostered in Yahoo leagues; likely only available in shallow / casual leagues)
QB Will Levis
QB Gardner Minshew
QB Baker Mayfield
QB Jameis Winston (purely speculative on the basis that a team will trade for him prior to the deadline tomorrow)

RB Emari Demercado
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Leonard Fournette
RB Royce Freeman

WR Rashid Shaheed
WR Khalil Shakir
WR Jonathan Mingo
WR Demario Douglas

TE Trey McBride
TE Taysom Hill

Sliiiiiiim pickings unless u think Levis is the next Brett Favre. All leagues are different but Taysom and McBride should be gone in most leagues . I can't see one guy I'll bid one this week.

Tough list.

Fournette is one of two who should be available in standard twelve-team leagues. Shakir should be available, but he is a nothing bomb, IMO. Too much Diggs, Davis, and Kincaid to make him a go. Demario Douglas might be available and is worth a serious look in PPR leagues.

And it's Nick Mullens, not Mullins as stated upthread.

eta* Gonna have to edit. Didn't see how many targets Shakir had gotten. Can't really ignore that.

Last edited:
QB Sam Howell (45% rostered in Yahoo leagues; likely only available in shallow / casual leagues)
QB Will Levis
QB Gardner Minshew
QB Baker Mayfield
QB Jameis Winston (purely speculative on the basis that a team will trade for him prior to the deadline tomorrow)

RB Emari Demercado
RB Dalvin Cook

RB Leonard Fournette
RB Royce Freeman

WR Rashid Shaheed
WR Khalil Shakir
WR Jonathan Mingo
WR Demario Douglas

TE Trey McBride
TE Taysom Hill

Guess I'll sit this week out, pretty comfortable with the team and everything covered

Few more weeks to work a 4th 5th trade maybe (redraft)

edit - downside of being manic is I sometimes forget how many moves/trades I make lol

Last edited:
mah league's top targets Week 9:

single QB 4 pt passing full PPR 8 offensive starters + the two stupid ones

(my team bc NCAYFT)

QB: Minshew, Levis, Mayfield, Young, Garoppolo, Heincke (Burrow, Goff)
WR: Shakir, Jamo (Chase, Waddle, Olave, Addison, J Green, Josh Reynolds)
RB: Freeman, Fournette, Bigsby (Hall, Pacheco, Gibbs, Waren, Roschon)
TE: Musgrave, Otton (LaPorta, Njoku, Mayer*)
K: who cares
DST: Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, Titans, Colts (Browns, Ravens)
*late add today just in case Sam got hurt in warmups, will drop tonight

I'll stand pat, I think I am set for a good run with this team even though my W/L currently blows chunks (7th place.)

Considering the QBs that have gone down, any kid who throws 4 TDs in a debut is a priority add.

What if Bryce Young had sat out all year, and threw 4 TDs in his first game (instead of sucking out loud all year)? How excited would everyone be?

Completely possible Levis is actually good.

I am seeing Dotson hyped... I guess deservedly so.. but to me a bit of fools gold. And I love him as a player

I have Quentin Johnston on a few wires and i"m way more intrigued with him based on how he's starting to ramp up here, and he looks like he's succeeding with his touches. I can see a bigger second half for him.

I'm actually growing intrigued with Bryce Young, wish he would run a little more but he looks good and if his receivers ever start catching the ball, we might have something. Definite room or second half growth.

Will try to grab him or Levis, I think both have pretty favorable second half schedules too

Anyone with a pulse in SuperFlex leagues where I lost cousins and Purdy is on a bye this week.

Guys I’m looking at. And really could use a starter this week… but could survive flexing a low end RB2 so not panicking yet. So need to think about long term QB possibility as well.

Rypien
Heineke
Hall
Mullens (may add both Vikings QBs)

Maybe add a dart throw on McCoy, Jameis though that rumor was unsubstantiated, Wentz, etc)

Considering the QBs that have gone down, any kid who throws 4 TDs in a debut is a priority add.

What if Bryce Young had sat out all year, and threw 4 TDs in his first game (instead of sucking out loud all year)? How excited would everyone be?

Yeah, but. 1) it was a crappy d he played. 2) he missed a lot of throws as well. Not going to talk you out of him but temper Your expectations. Also if Bryce ans Levi’s are out there, who do you take?

Sliiiiiiim pickings unless u think Levis is the next Brett Favre. All leagues are different but Taysom and McBride should be gone in most leagues . I can't see one guy I'll bid one this week.
My league is stuffed with Taysom skeptics. He's burned every owner at least once. This is my first time owning him, so I'll just keep crossing my fingers.

Anyone with a pulse in SuperFlex leagues where I lost cousins and Purdy is on a bye this week.

Guys I’m looking at. And really could use a starter this week… but could survive flexing a low end RB2 so not panicking yet. So need to think about long term QB possibility as well.

Rypien
Heineke
Hall
Mullens (may add both Vikings QBs)

Maybe add a dart throw on McCoy, Jameis though that rumor was unsubstantiated, Wentz, etc)

For this week I would say:
1-Heineke (if he gets the start)
2-Rypien (has a little more experience)
3-Hall (I suspect it will be Mullens when he is healthy)

Yeah, but. 1) it was a crappy d he played. 2) he missed a lot of throws as well. Not going to talk you out of him but temper Your expectations. Also if Bryce ans Levi’s are out there, who do you take?
We have been tempering expectations on Levis since March. This is my point.

no one is excited about him. Maybe they should be.

Josh Dobbs just upgraded when JJ returns on his....
WR1, WR2, WR3, TE1-Hock Hock Hock
Better OL
Better set of RBs than AZ without Connor
Better defense even though it's not what most feel is a good defense
Better Head Coach, Better organization, Better 1st Class city in Minneapolis vs the barren desert of Arizona

Dobbs must feel like he hit the lottery after Sunday's performance
Love the move for the Vikings after Cousins tears his achilles
Way to fight back and not be a victim

Better OL
Better Head Coach, Better organization, Better 1st Class city in Minneapolis vs the barren desert of Arizona

But will he start this week is the question.

Better OL

5th Rd Rookie...maybe
Dobbs has been around for a while, I could see the Rookie starting for a week but has anyone looked at the Vikings schedule next 3-4 weeks?
at Atl, NO, at Den, CHI
There's easily 3 wins on that schedule over the next 4 weeks. Ridder stinks, ATL is slowly developing into a potential dumpster fire on Offense. Denver? Chicago?

Vikings could be 7-5 after that run. After that is a Bye Week and then they play Vegas....
8-5 but they gotta play Detroit twice in the last 4 weeks of the season, amazing how the Lions have evolved into a team you check the loss column against.

Should be interesting to watch the Vikings survive without Cousins

Better OL

KOC said it will be Hall this week

Check to see if James Conner was dropped in any of your leagues. He was in my 14-teamer, and is scheduled to come off IR next week

Kyler Murray probably be a pickup now.. I am sure he will get you some points when he starts, which could be this Weeknd.

Might be time to pick Kmet back up. After 2 lousy games not even being part of the gameplan he was THE passing offense this past week with 10 catches on to targets. When Fields was the qb he was up to te2 in my league. Seems like the rookie decided leaning on a vet te is a goos idea.

Pop Douglas is the one guy that intrigues me the most given the talent and potential opportunity, although I know that Belicheck will have just have Mac feed JJSS to the tune of 8-10 empty targets a game.

Only in PPR IMO. The NE offense is too anemic.
It is anemic for sure BUT doesnt somebody have to catch passes and thus have at least wr 3 value there? You may have a point in non ppr but in 1/2 and full I would expect the kid to be usable/ first bench player the rest of the year. And it doesnt hurt any they play Wash this week who are one of the absolute worst against wrs this year. At the very least this kid is th edefinition of a bye week add and start this week.

Pop Douglas is the one guy that intrigues me the most given the talent and potential opportunity, although I know that Belicheck will have just have Mac feed JJSS to the tune of 8-10 empty targets a game.

Only in PPR IMO. The NE offense is too anemic.
It is anemic for sure BUT doesnt somebody have to catch passes and thus have at least wr 3 value there? You may have a point in non ppr but in 1/2 and full I would expect the kid to be usable/ first bench player the rest of the year. And it doesnt hurt any they play Wash this week who are one of the absolute worst against wrs this year. At the very least this kid is th edefinition of a bye week add and start this week.
Yea definitely useful in PPR. In standard, he's like a WR3. I don't need another WR3.

Levis has a big arm, but a lot of those passes to Hopkins were "off". Hopkins is Hopkins and he made plays. I guess Levis could be good, OR, adequate if DeAndre keeps making plays.

Is Tannehill done?

How much FAAB for Levis?
As a Kentuckian Ive watched every game Levis has started at the college level and that was by far the best I have ever seenhim play. There is a reason he hasnt won the clear cut backup role over an awful willis til this week. I understand picking him up but temper expectations imo.
Hopkins bailed him out quite a bit having to come back to the ball or make acrobatic catches behind him. Levis didn't look good in the preseason either.

Levis has a big arm, but a lot of those passes to Hopkins were "off". Hopkins is Hopkins and he made plays. I guess Levis could be good, OR, adequate if DeAndre keeps making plays.

Is Tannehill done?
This guy noticed that too regarding Levis throwing behind his receivers a lot:

Is Tannehill done?
They haven't announced Tannehil.

My bad, I didn't realize Levis missed some passes in his first game. :wink:
Eh...just rewatched that game...dudes were running WIDE open, busted coverages everywhere....I'd rather target whomever is playing against the Atlanta D this week. That may have been the worst defensive performance this year, including the Broncos/Dolphins and Commanders/Bears game. He might be worth an add, but I'm not spending up for him.

Is Tannehill done?
that's a big if...

My league is stuffed with Taysom skeptics. He's burned every owner at least once. This is my first time owning him, so I'll just keep crossing my fingers.
Same. I got him last night hoping he stays hot. I have too many Saints but hell its Bears week.

Zach Charbonnet.

Could have been dropped due to injury. Back last week.

Actually played more snaps than K. Walker last week. Back from a hamstring injury and Walker was battling a calf injury (DNP two days last week).

I'd watch the practice reports in SEA today. Think he's more than a bench stash with big upside if Walker is banged up.

Might be time to pick Kmet back up. After 2 lousy games not even being part of the gameplan he was THE passing offense this past week with 10 catches on to targets. When Fields was the qb he was up to te2 in my league. Seems like the rookie decided leaning on a vet te is a goos idea.
He also should have had a TD if not for an early whistle.

For all the folks ragging on Levis, remember, there are leagues where people are probably starting actual clipboard holders this week.
Jaren Hall just went for $440/$1000 in my SuperFlex league.

We are all desperate for people with a pulse.

For all the folks ragging on Levis, remember, there are leagues where people are probably starting actual clipboard holders this week.
Jaren Hall just went for $440/$1000 in my SuperFlex league.

We are all desperate for people with a pulse.
That's some price for one week of work - have to expect Dobbs will be in there the following week.
I agree. It wasn’t me… the only thing I can think of is the other guy was trying to block his opponent.

But either way it’s a blasphemous overspend.

Is Tannehill done?
Vrabel said Tannenhill is the starter when healthy. Wonder how long it will take to get healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread