What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense 2015** Week 15 - Playoffs: No time to get cute (2 Viewers)

Gandalf said:
pecorino said:
Liked Tennessee this week against feeble Houston but instead I'm using Cincy. Ben might be a sitting duck back there and if Landry Jones plays, then Katy bar the door. Also Cincy has some choice matchups coming up. GL everyone.
Maybe Tennessee is a good stream for the rest of the season with 2 games still against Jax? Or is the Jax offense now good?
The problem is Tennessee hasn't forced a lot of turnovers or gotten many sacks. Mediocre up to this point in terms of fantasy defense

Last edited by a moderator:
Gandalf said:
pecorino said:
Liked Tennessee this week against feeble Houston but instead I'm using Cincy. Ben might be a sitting duck back there and if Landry Jones plays, then Katy bar the door. Also Cincy has some choice matchups coming up. GL everyone.
Maybe Tennessee is a good stream for the rest of the season with 2 games still against Jax? Or is the Jax offense now good?
The problem is Tennessee hasn't forced a lot of turnovers or gotten many sacks. Mediocre up to this point in terms of fantasy defense
Heads up: TEN CB Perrish Cox (hamstring) is inactive. CB Jason McCourty is active, but his hammy has been acting up, too, and their depth at CB is atrocious.

Minnesota versus Chicago?

After a slow start they played well versus Detroit last week.
Probably the right call here. Chicago has given up the 4th most points to DSTs in our format, and they've got the gift of Nick Foles right after that. As a bonus consideration our league awards points for yards allowed (MIN is top ten) and return yardage - Chcago has given up over 600 yards to kick returners including a couple kickoff TDs.

flapgreen said:
Is it wrong that, this week at least, I'd rather have a defense that's facing Andrew Luck than one that's facing Jay Cutler? WTF is wrong w/ me???
Nope. Jays a different guy
Just quoting this so it doesn't "disappear" later. ;)
:coffee:
;) Ooh, Jay was QB12 this week (before Rodgers, Newton & Luck out score him.) MIN was DEF8 this week in our format. I been spoiled; CAR wk 1, DEN 2-6. The last two weeks (PIT & Vikings) are my two lowest DST scores of the season. I knew the Bears would give up return yards - that's 3 TDs allowed this year.

But yeah, Bears - Jay sucked less than normal & they almost forced OT.

ETA: which is a helluva lot more than we can say about dough boy & the kittens!

flapgreen said:
Is it wrong that, this week at least, I'd rather have a defense that's facing Andrew Luck than one that's facing Jay Cutler? WTF is wrong w/ me???
Nope. Jays a different guy
Just quoting this so it doesn't "disappear" later. ;)
:coffee:
;) Ooh, Jay was QB12 this week (before Rodgers, Newton & Luck out score him.) MIN was DEF8 this week in our format. I been spoiled; CAR wk 1, DEN 2-6. The last two weeks (PIT & Vikings) are my two lowest DST scores of the season. I knew the Bears would give up return yards - that's 3 TDs allowed this year.

But yeah, Bears - Jay sucked less than normal & they almost forced OT.

ETA: which is a helluva lot more than we can say about dough boy & the kittens!
I'm not saying he's great. I'm saying he's a different qb now. Best stretch of his career so far without half if his receivers and terrible OL. The Bears are terrible, but Jay has been one of the bright spots. Never thought that would happen, especially after this long.

All in on Tennessee in 6 of 8 leagues.
Not a bad choice in daily, seem to be the minimum everywhere.

Also lol NE D/ST.
What are you lol'ing about in regard to NE D/ST? If you are laughing about what Nemesis said, he wasn't off in what he wrote. NE was barely a middle of the road D in my league just like his. The performance last night will move them up a little. We get penalized for points and yards against, and NE hasn't done that great fantasy wise in most games so far this year.
I was laughing at the people who were talking about Denver against Green Bay over NE, or even more hilarious, starting Miami against NE.
Denver got the exact same score as NE this weekend in my league.

I picked up NE in two leagues, started them in one... I think I might just start them the rest of the way. @NYG and @Denver are possible speed bumps, we'll see.

Looking ahead, how do we feel about PHI @ DAL next week if they're available on the WW?
I'm starting Philly. Was going to anyway but Wheeden or Cassell makes it extra juicy.
They were dropped in my league off their bye. I'll put in a claim for them but am not optimistic. I feel like they're good enough that you can probably start them in any match-up outside of NE.

Crazily enough, I may have to keep rolling with NYG, who despite giving up 52 points yesterday had a respectable day due to the FR/TD.

I picked up NE in two leagues, started them in one... I think I might just start them the rest of the way. @NYG and @Denver are possible speed bumps, we'll see.
Why would Denver be a speed bump? They've been very generous to opposing Ds this year. Or are you betting that Manning gets it up for what will probably be his last Brady Bowl?

Why would Denver be a speed bump? They've been very generous to opposing Ds this year. Or are you betting that Manning gets it up for what will probably be his last Brady Bowl?
They have been, but they looked pretty good last night. In my league that penalizes for points, GB would have had a -3 total. They got 1 INT and no sacks and gave up 500 yards and 29 points. Green Bay's defense had been a top 10 D in most leagues.

stbugs said:
zftcg said:
They have been, but they looked pretty good last night. In my league that penalizes for points, GB would have had a -3 total. They got 1 INT and no sacks and gave up 500 yards and 29 points. Green Bay's defense had been a top 10 D in most leagues.
Yeah, any offense can occasionally give your D a bad score. But that's a far cry from saying you avoid the match-up completely. No way Denver's offense is in that group based on one performance. On the other hand, if Manning keeps it up I could see wanting to stay away from the last Brady/Manning match-up.

Bengals are on my WW. They're one of those better IRL DSTs, but pretty cream puff schedule down the stretch. Tempting.

I'm rolling Broncos every week until I see evidence I shouldn't.

Starting Pitt in a must win at home where they have been nails, Will Allen, Tuitt are practicing and Mitchell may be back too.

Even when OAK has been good they traditionally play poorly in early games on the east coast.

Rolling w/ Vikings (vs. Rams) in two leagues. Just gotta hope the Vikes can defend Gurley like the 49ers did, minus the 71 yd TD run, hahaha + Foles can be giving at times. There's an owner in one of my leagues who has kept both Rams & Patriots DSTs rostered since like week 3; talk about a luxury being able to choose between those 2 DSTs.

Vikings - Rams is going to be an interesting matchup on many levels.

Personally I like Bengals tomorrow night. Maybe not enough to snag them (I'll stick with Broncos) but that's a good IRL defense facing a beat up team with little talent.

Bengals are on my WW. They're one of those better IRL DSTs, but pretty cream puff schedule down the stretch. Tempting.

If you have the Broncos you may as well just step out of this thread until they play NE or just step out for the rest of the year.

That said, I picked up the Bengals last week (I think people were assuming Roethlisberger being back was an avoid) to go with Seattle on a bye this week and they have a couple bad match ups. The Bengals are a good NFL D, but haven't been $$$ in FF. Seattle seems like a bad D sometimes, but they've been solid most of the time.

I got beat to Philly by one slot in waivers in my other league with Seattle so not sure what to do there. Oakland has been solid on O lately, otherwise Pittsburgh would be an easy choice. Also, Bell not being healthy makes it harder for their O to get up big where they can get some garbage D points.

If you have the Broncos you may as well just step out of this thread until they play NE or just step out for the rest of the year.

That said, I picked up the Bengals last week (I think people were assuming Roethlisberger being back was an avoid) to go with Seattle on a bye this week and they have a couple bad match ups. The Bengals are a good NFL D, but haven't been $$$ in FF. Seattle seems like a bad D sometimes, but they've been solid most of the time.

I got beat to Philly by one slot in waivers in my other league with Seattle so not sure what to do there. Oakland has been solid on O lately, otherwise Pittsburgh would be an easy choice. Also, Bell not being healthy makes it harder for their O to get up big where they can get some garbage D points.
I drafted Carolina & played them first two weeks even though I picked up Denver before the first game. Week 2 and Week 8 I played matchups. Cost me 15 points in which I lost a close one, last week 3 points but I still had high score.

Even though I have a stud defense I'm still evaluating every week. Obviously Week 12 v. Pats is a concern.

Two of the great Ds to choose from this week and I have them both:

Cincy vs the Browns with Manziel

or

Atlanta at the 49ers with Gabbert, no Vernon Davis and no RBs.

Think I am going with Atlanta.

I'm holding Pats and Jets and rolling Pats this week. I might have to drop Jets to pick up a TE for Kelce's bye but I really would like to keep those two all year and just play matchups.

I've been rolling Packers the last few weeks and not very happy about it. They're ranked in the Top-10 of scoring but they've looked mediocre at best recently.

Who would you put over them ROS?

ETA: Really wanna pick up the Bills but they seem like a train wreck I shouldn't hop onto.

stbugs said:

I see what you are saying about Pitt but they utterly shut down the Cards and Bengals who are a notch above OAK at home and with less D personnel, feeling confident.

stbugs said:

I see what you are saying about Pitt but they utterly shut down the Cards and Bengals who are a notch above OAK at home and with less D personnel, feeling confident.
Steelers that good? I haven't gotten to watch them. The way OAK picked apart the Jets, I'd be very wary of starting them this week.

The Steelers D has been way better than expected this season. Last week the Jets flew to the west coast after the NE loss AND lost their QB very early in the game. Sort of a perfect storm for OAK in that game. This week OAK travels to the east coast and plays PIT coming off a game they played terribly on offense but the D was stout. Send like a potential let down for OAK and a bounce back performance by PIT - I may have just talked myself into playing them this week. :lol: Plus PIT plays CLE at home next week so it may be a preemptive move to get them now.

Rolling with the Iggles
Got them off the WW after someone dropped them on their bye week. Love the match-up this week vs Cassel, and they're an overall solid D. I'm thinking I'll roll with them ROS outside of the NE and (maybe) AZ match-ups.

Leroy Hoard said:
stbugs said:
I got beat to Philly by one slot in waivers in my other league
Philly is there for me if I want them. Would be replacing Minn. though.
Picked up Philly over the Vikes this week. Ironically, the guy I'm playing only has Seattle D so I'm sure he will grab Vikes any day now...

The Steelers D has been way better than expected this season. Last week the Jets flew to the west coast after the NE loss AND lost their QB very early in the game. Sort of a perfect storm for OAK in that game. This week OAK travels to the east coast and plays PIT coming off a game they played terribly on offense but the D was stout. Send like a potential let down for OAK and a bounce back performance by PIT - I may have just talked myself into playing them this week. :lol: Plus PIT plays CLE at home next week so it may be a preemptive move to get them now.
I like the way you think! :hifive:

Leroy Hoard said:
stbugs said:
Picked up Philly over the Vikes this week. Ironically, the guy I'm playing only has Seattle D so I'm sure he will grab Vikes any day now...
I think you meant DALLAS, Pards.

Been rolling with the Jets but their QB situation has me looking for other options. NE/Philly/Steelers on the wire. Think I like Philly/Jets to play matchups ROS.

I think you guys may have convinced me. You still think Pittsburgh vs Oakland and then Cleveland is better than Buffalo vs Miami and then @ Jets? I only have 6 transactions left, so whichever way I go, I am stuck with them and Seattle. I think I had lined up Pittsburgh a few weeks ago as a potential match with Seattle for the rest of the year. So hard to do streaming with limited transactions.

Leroy Hoard said:
stbugs said:
I think you meant DALLAS, Pards.
Well no, I chose Philly instead of the Vikes off the wire this week...the irony of my second comment is lost if I meant anything else. :P

I think you guys may have convinced me. You still think Pittsburgh vs Oakland and then Cleveland is better than Buffalo vs Miami and then @ Jets? I only have 6 transactions left, so whichever way I go, I am stuck with them and Seattle. I think I had lined up Pittsburgh a few weeks ago as a potential match with Seattle for the rest of the year. So hard to do streaming with limited transactions.
Actually I think in your case Buf/Sea is a better combo, especially after the Steelers bye they have a few tougher matchups that make them less appealing.

shadyridr said:
Damn there is nothing available in my league again. Gonna just roll with NO home vs TEN :yuck:
Oh man --Saints did NOT work out last week for me --1pt. Thankfully there were other reasons I lost (Tucker mostly!)--

I was able to grab Philly off waivers, but because Tenn is giving up most points to def., may just leave NO in there --

This week, in three leagues I..

Dropped CAR, Added CIN

Dropped MIN, Added PHI

Dropped MIN, Added PHI

I'm bummed I have to face off against PHI in the league I grabbed CIN. Oh well.

Actually I think in your case Buf/Sea is a better combo, especially after the Steelers bye they have a few tougher matchups that make them less appealing.
Ugh, c'mon, I wanted to feel good about a decision!

Seattle is a must start week 11, 15 and 16. I think they are OK 13 and 14 and not good 9, 10 and 12 (Roethlisberger should be in game shape by then).

Pittsburgh looks great 10 and 12 and good 13. 14, 15 and 16 aren't bad. 9 is interesting since it is Oakland on the East Coast and Ben should be in better game shape.

Bills look good week 9 (Miami will be rested, so this could be tougher) and 12/13. Week 11 is awful and I think 16 won't be as good as it seems since Dallas should be healthy. Week 10, 14 and 15 are tough to call. No idea if Fitz will be OK, Jackson should be healthy so at Washington may be tough and Philly, who knows.

If I think week 9 might be better with Pittsburgh, then I'd have to go with them. Honestly, the Bills haven't been very good this year on D. 2 good games, 2 decent games and 3 bad games. When they played good Os, they were terrible. Good against Miami when they looked awful and Tennessee, who stinks. Even the Jaguars was only decent due to the TD. Pittsburgh had 2 bad weeks against KC without Ben and NE. 4 good weeks and 2 decent.

Yep, going Pitt and feeling OK about it.

Ugh, c'mon, I wanted to feel good about a decision!

Seattle is a must start week 11, 15 and 16. I think they are OK 13 and 14 and not good 9, 10 and 12 (Roethlisberger should be in game shape by then).

Pittsburgh looks great 10 and 12 and good 13. 14, 15 and 16 aren't bad. 9 is interesting since it is Oakland on the East Coast and Ben should be in better game shape.

Bills look good week 9 (Miami will be rested, so this could be tougher) and 12/13. Week 11 is awful and I think 16 won't be as good as it seems since Dallas should be healthy. Week 10, 14 and 15 are tough to call. No idea if Fitz will be OK, Jackson should be healthy so at Washington may be tough and Philly, who knows.

If I think week 9 might be better with Pittsburgh, then I'd have to go with them. Honestly, the Bills haven't been very good this year on D. 2 good games, 2 decent games and 3 bad games. When they played good Os, they were terrible. Good against Miami when they looked awful and Tennessee, who stinks. Even the Jaguars was only decent due to the TD. Pittsburgh had 2 bad weeks against KC without Ben and NE. 4 good weeks and 2 decent.

Yep, going Pitt and feeling OK about it.
It is a tough call and it may be my Bills bias acting up, probably if you threw out anyone else I'd agree lol., you could probably just play SEA week 11 and 13-16 and be just fine.

I'm on my phone so I can't quote easily... NE and KC were on the road too. Steelers played well against ARI and CIN at home.

Have the Steelers, picked up NO as well as I think they are a safer matchup this week.

Steelers have a solid D and have the ability, and being at home vs the Raiders who do not traditionally do well going East on the road helps. But the Raiders have been fairly good on the road so far (2-1, with on win and one loss coming from more "Eastern" teams CLE and CHI), and have some decent momentum.

I match that against a NO D who play better at home and are facing an offense that has spelled great fortune for other Ds all year long, and seems like a better choice. Just seems safer.

That said, ARI hit the wire, so looking at them to pick up and platoon with another D through ROY. I actually don't like PIT's schedule after their WK 11 bye (@SEA, IND, @CIN, DEN, @BAL) so not sure how trustworthy of a long term hold they could be vs other options.

MIN is in the wire, too, but looking at schedules, NO/ARI actually looks good with the following schedules:

WK 9: NO v TEN

WK 10: NO @ WAS

WK 11: ARI v CIN

WK 12: ARI @ SF or NO @ HOU

WK 13: ARI @ STL

WK 14: ARI v MIN or NO @ TB

WK 15: ARI @ PHI or NO v DET

WK 16: NO v JAX

Except for week 11, where there may be a better matchup to stream, that actually looks like a do-able combo. Question of course is how reliable NO can be given their failures on D so far this year.

MIN just seems to be playing tougher opponents in their upcoming matchups (STL, @OAK, GB, @ATL, SEA, @ARI, CHI, and NYG).

Thoughts?

Any D that's likely out there who has great playoff matchups to start thinking about grabbing and stashing now?

Users who are viewing this thread