What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a wasted vote, but others certainly do. I can see both sides, but IMO a much higher than usual number of 3rd party votes has the potential to send a message even if there's no chance of winning.
I can see doing this but my concern is enough people do it and it undercuts Hillary and results in Trump winning. I'm just not willing to take that chance. To me, nothing is more important than preventing him from becoming President. In four years if Johnson can make another run let's talk then. But now, it's all about keeping Trump out of the White House. Nothing is more important than that. I'm not willing to do anything that gives him even a sliver of a chance of winning this election. 

You would think that, but then when you look at the damage that she has already done to national security with her email snafus, the damage she did to the Middle East and Europe, the damage she did to the primary process for the Democratic Party....I don't think that's an out...it's Johnson or bust ( unless sone of the two major people drop out)
I know what damage you think she did in the Middle East, not that I agree, but what damage did she do in Europe?

Just wait for it. Trump will say something totally crazy about the flood damage.
"This flooding was directly caused by the failed weather policies of Obama and Hillary Clinton.  You didn't see this happening before Obama was elected. They're the MVP's of bad weather." 

I can see doing this but my concern is enough people do it and it undercuts Hillary and results in Trump winning. I'm just not willing to take that chance. To me, nothing is more important than preventing him from becoming President. In four years if Johnson can make another run let's talk then. But now, it's all about keeping Trump out of the White House. Nothing is more important than that. I'm not willing to do anything that gives him even a sliver of a chance of winning this election. 
The idea here is to ensure that Trump loses not a Hillary victory.  I have this small hope that Hillary will lose the primary in four years and not be the nominee.  I honestly like some of GJ's stances on issue but at this point I can not in good conscious vote him. 

I personally agree with you and will be voting for Hillary even though I'm not a fan. But neither am I a conservative, so I understand why some people wouldn't be able to bring themselves to vote for her. Really, though, it only matters if you are in a swing state -- I live in Indiana, which is almost certainly going to go to Trump, so my vote probably doesn't mean all that much at the end of the day.

"This flooding was directly caused by the failed weather policies of Obama and Hillary Clinton.  You didn't see this happening before Obama was elected. They're the MVP's of bad weather." 

"When I am elected POTUS, I am dedicating millions of dollars to creating a weather machine that will prevent catastrophic weather events like this from happening here in the US and Russia..."

This would actually be freakin cool. 
Many people are saying that researchers from Trump University are studying Total Recall (2012 version) to confirm their previous plans for the flood-proof dome.  There are plans in place to study the much more scientifically accurate 1990 version, but the Red Box outside McDonalds didn't have any copies.  

Wonder if the same GOP supporters are skewering Trump for visiting LA during an election, like they did to Obama when he visited NJ after Sandy.

The idea here is to ensure that Trump loses not a Hillary victory.  I have this small hope that Hillary will lose the primary in four years and not be the nominee.  I honestly like some of GJ's stances on issue but at this point I can not in good conscious vote him. 
Given Hillary's control of the party machinery, that does not seem likely. It would have to be a very compelling candidate and four pretty bad years

Following Trump's stunning statement yesterday that he regrets saying certain inflammatory things "in the heat of debate", his numbers among white working-class males without a college degree are in free-fall. Gary Johnson is now at 50%, Hillary 43%, Stein 6%, Trump 1%. 

Trump's 1% is thanks to his support among African Americans.
Eminence is black? Did not know that.

OK someone decode this for me. Trump is now turning softer on his tone, shown by his most recent speech inwhich he said he regrets some of the things he has said. BUT the two new guys hired just recently are known for their bad right rhetoric. Manafort resigns and he was the one supposedly trying to soften Trump.  Very weird.   
What is it that he supposedly regrets? If you search "Trump no regrets" you'll find stories of how he has no regrets for the fight with the Khan family, he has no regrets for the things he's said about Sen Warren, etc. etc.

How many times can we read the same statement in a calender year?

Everything people have learned from him since his little escalator ride is that everything we thought we knew was much worse.  Much, much worse.  

He is going to embarrass himself at the debates.  He's going to say some terrible thing that would get cheers at his rally, and look around waiting for cheers.  It's going to be painful.  Three of these?  Oh my lord.  
She got owned by Sanders in the debates and has zero charisma.  Keep telling yourself this will be a cakewalk. 

Yeah but he has no realistic chance of winning so wouldn't that be a wasted vote? Realistically, the next President is going to be either Clinton or Trump. So I'm voting for one of them and I'm absolutely under no circumstances voting for Trump. So that leaves one other option.
no.  a thousand times no.

She got owned by Sanders in the debates and has zero charisma.  Keep telling yourself this will be a cakewalk. 
Am I to infer from this post that you believe Trump and Sanders' debating abilities to be comparable?

Because, really, if that is NOT what you are saying, bringing up Sanders is irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what damage you think she did in the Middle East, not that I agree, but what damage did she do in Europe?
Not to speak for anyone else, but I've been getting a vibe from the far right that they think the recent terrorist attacks in Europe are Obama's fault. I usually don't post in those threads because they are a total cesspool. But there are a lot of weird mentions of Obama when a terrorist attack has happened in France.

Not to speak for anyone else, but I've been getting a vibe from the far right that they think the recent terrorist attacks in Europe are Obama's fault. I usually don't post in those threads because they are a total cesspool. But there are a lot of weird mentions of Obama when a terrorist attack has happened in France.
They will blame Obama for anything and everything. It is really ridiculous. 

Yes, usually it revolves around Obama created ISIS, or something of that nature.

No. 

She's going to win the debate vs. Trump on the mere fact that she knows what she's talking about.
Trump is going to focus on all her errors in judgement, mistakes, ethical lapses on every issue. He will paint the Clintons as low life's. He has a lot of material to work with.  She's going to fold in that environment. 

Trump is going to focus on all her errors in judgement, mistakes, ethical lapses on every issue. He will paint the Clintons as low life's. He has a lot of material to work with.  She's going to fold in that environment. 
And, if there is any policy question where Hillary discusses policy and Trump bashes her for 60 seconds with a 5 second snippet of policy talk, you'll be in here saying he won. The American people are not that stupid though. If Hillary debates the way she did against Sanders/O'Malley and Trump debates the way he did against all the Republicans... you really think the American people will side with Trump? You're out of your freaking mind if you truly believe that. Trump is toast. Trump can't speak about policy at all and Hillary will run laps around him in talking about what matters.

You've obviously never watched a general election debate before. Trump doesn't get to pick the topics that they discuss, guy. There will be specific questions that revolve primarily around policy positions. And again, he's just not smart, and has zero clue about pretty much everything. Sixty straight seconds of the same "crooked Hillary" schtick in response to every single questions while she gives intelligent answers is going to make him look ridiculous. And it's exactly what is going to happen.

Trump can't punch his way out of a paper bag.  Look at his debate performance in the primaries and that was against a bunch of idiots. Clinton in a seasoned veteran.

Trump's racist misogynistic ideas will be eviscerated. He only appeal is to uneducated whites who are still fighting the civil war - this base will not win him the election and he knows it.

The funny thing is this is all coming from the minds of Republicans since there's no suggestion of blaming Obama in Europe.

The funny thing is there definitely is plenty of stuff that someone could use on Hillary in a debate to attack her with. 

But the problem here is the person on the other side is Trump.

So well ... Trump.

Seriously if Hillary just shows up and doesn't do anything stupid the debates should be like a prime Mike Tyson fight. 

The funny thing is there definitely is plenty of stuff that someone could use on Hillary in a debate to attack her with. 

But the problem here is the person on the other side is Trump.

So well ... Trump.

Seriously if Hillary just shows up and doesn't do anything stupid the debates should be like a prime Mike Tyson fight. 
Yeah, she's definitely got plenty of weaknesses -- but Trump is so much worse in virtually every single area of vulnerability that there's nowhere to go.

I don't think it's a wasted vote, but others certainly do. I can see both sides, but IMO a much higher than usual number of 3rd party votes has the potential to send a message even if there's no chance of winning.
Yes and no.  Voters need to be smart and understand whether HRC has some chance or zero chance of winning their state's electoral votes.  Your argument is understandable in places where she has a chance.  In places where she has zero chance, informed voters will feel more free to support whatever 3rd party (or independent) candidate they actually like.

You've obviously never watched a general election debate before. Trump doesn't get to pick the topics that they discuss, guy. There will be specific questions that revolve primarily around policy positions. And again, he's just not smart, and has zero clue about pretty much everything. Sixty straight seconds of the same "crooked Hillary" schtick in response to every single questions while she gives intelligent answers is going to make him look ridiculous. And it's exactly what is going to happen.
Obviously I am not a pseudo intellectual like yourself so I don't watch debates, masterpiece theater or dowton abbey.  I stick with pro 'rasslin, tractor pulls, and duck dynasty. 

Yeah, she's definitely got plenty of weaknesses -- but Trump is so much worse in virtually every single area of vulnerability that there's nowhere to go.
Yeah it's pretty much impossible to see any way he attacks her intelligently based on anything we've seen him do to this point. There isn't a single shred of evidence that would support the belief he can defeat her in a debate based on his approach to this race so far. His approach has been at a first-grade level of schoolyard bullying and insults. He will have to become a completely different person to beat her and that isn't hyperbole. That is the honest to goodness truth. And I don't think he can do it. At some point she'll press a button and he won't be able to resist saying something that will make him look like the twit he really is. He just can't help himself. He'll go off script just like he always does. It's who he is. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread