What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Strain -- New Show on FX Sunday nights (2 Viewers)

Brady Marino said:
Well, this show can lick my taint now.

The killed off Nora. Because reasons.
Yeah that was terrible. The whole thing is off the rails really.

The kid has seen his Mom kill how many people including Nora, try to kill his Dad and all the people protecting him. So of course he just heads off with her.
Definitely a momma's boy.

it is a terrible show. can't recommend it to anyone and embarrassed i watch it...but haven't missed an episode and will probably check it out next season.

The kid will be psyched to hang with Bolivar.

Last edited by a moderator:
ericttspikes said:
it is a terrible show. can't recommend it to anyone and embarrassed i watch it...but haven't missed an episode and will probably check it out next season.

The kid will be psyched to hang with Bolivar.
:bag: :pirate: :eek:

jamny said:
It's ridiculous but I'm still in.
Me to and I hate it. Am I the only one that was grossed out by the old dude with the young chick. I was glad they killed her so I didnt have to see that anymore. :X

"The Strain" is watching that kid try to act.
I liked Eph (Corey Stoll) and I still have a mega and probably irrational crush on the actress that plays Nora (Mia Maestro).

Take Nora out and you have a guy I like trying to carry an insipid show and urges to throw things at the TV when that ####### twerp kid (who led Nora to her death) appears.

I'm still in, enough to enjoy but I ####### hate that damn kid. He knows it isn't his mom anymore. It's more the story of the kid and the mom so far. They did all they could to show us scenes of him realizing his mom is gone just to make him do something stupid and kill off Nora. I'm sure in the book he does that, but why go through all the crap with his mom before to get him to finally realize she's gone?

jamny said:
It's ridiculous but I'm still in.
Me to and I hate it. Am I the only one that was grossed out by the old dude with the young chick. I was glad they killed her so I didnt have to see that anymore. :X
That was pretty off putting.
Agreed, never liked that situation and didn't really like how character seemed to go from one extreme to the other. I couldn't ever figure her out and now she's toast.

Cold Dead Hands said:
(HULK) said:
Brady Marino said:
Well, this show can lick my taint now.

The killed off Nora. Because reasons.
They don't kill her in the books. :shrug:
Guess the actress had enough of the show.
I've pretty much accepted this as the silver lining in her death. Now she doesn't have to be a part of this ####-show anymore and now I can give this series the good ol' punt because she won't be on there anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize to everyone who saw this thread and then watched this show.  If I had a time machine, I'd go back and stop myself from creating this thread.

Excited to watch the train wreck continue this Sunday!

Just finished the book, didn't even know there was a series 

watch or pass?

I read the books and they were ok, the show has made me scratch my head a few times but it is what it is.  If I read a book and it's made into a movie, I have to watch just to see how the messed it up.  This is one of those times.  Part of the problem is some of the acting.  Just horrid. 

I apologize to everyone who saw this thread and then watched this show.  If I had a time machine, I'd go back and stop myself from creating this thread.

Excited to watch the train wreck continue this Sunday!
It's definitely gone way way off the rails this season but I can't stop watching.

For those still watching and up to date....

So they kill the master and then he can "escape" as a large worm/whatever? Pretty f'ing lame. Did they get the Lumen back? I thought so but nothing was shown or said about it.

it would rule if the hulk just showed up and started smashing the bad guys in here and then said puny god like he did to loki basically i can not get enough of the old hulkamaniac that guy is pretty tough you have to admit take that to the bank stainchachos

One of the ultimate "turn off your brain" shows. 

Like Spanky said above, you kind of root for the bad guys because they are the only ones applying logic to given situations.  In fact, I half-way envision the meetings among the infected..."You know what we should do, we should put a bag over his head so they don't know it's him!....are you effing kidding me?  that'll never work!....you don't think they'd actually fall for that do you?....with this crew I say we give it a chance"

Dammit! Spoilers man, spoilers.

j/k, I'm only here for the :lmao: I can't wait to sit down with a :banned: and :popcorn: tonight to watch this. Should be great! Only thing I miss at this point is the "always concerned look" girlfriend Eph had. Sad that she died way back when. At least we have the pouty faced kid still. :mellow:

Speaking of Zach, a little snip from a review. Probably spot on: I'll go ahead and get the bad out of the way first. There's a reason I've come to dread any episode that features Dutch in a prominent role. Somehow, over the past two seasons she's managed to eclipse Zach as the most annoying character on the show.

Dammit! Spoilers man, spoilers.

j/k, I'm only here for the :lmao: I can't wait to sit down with a :banned: and :popcorn: tonight to watch this. Should be great! Only thing I miss at this point is the "always concerned look" girlfriend Eph had. Sad that she died way back when. At least we have the pouty faced kid still. :mellow:

Speaking of Zach, a little snip from a review. Probably spot on: I'll go ahead and get the bad out of the way first. There's a reason I've come to dread any episode that features Dutch in a prominent role. Somehow, over the past two seasons she's managed to eclipse Zach as the most annoying character on the show.
Yeah it's gotten to the point that it's one of those it's so bad it's good shows.

What a train wreck of an episode.

Quinlan we know you hate your "father" and want to kill him, here's some info and how you can do it. Oh you cut off his head....sorry you didn't kill the master, you need to kill that red worm. We forgot to tell you that....sooooo sorry.

Serious waste of an episode. Quinlan has so much potential as a character and as an opponent to the Master and he is wasted largely. I am seriously watching this series now not so much because its a good show but because I want to see how things get screwed up even more. I would like to see more of Quinlan's background and if he had any other encounters with the Master. I hope he kills Eichhorst. I cant stand that guy.

Serious waste of an episode. Quinlan has so much potential as a character and as an opponent to the Master and he is wasted largely. I am seriously watching this series now not so much because its a good show but because I want to see how things get screwed up even more. I would like to see more of Quinlan's background and if he had any other encounters with the Master. I hope he kills Eichhorst. I cant stand that guy.
I love Eichhorst!  He's such a perfect #######! Best otherworldly bad guy since ( This Guy ) Less Fet would be a welcome subtraction. What's with the badge he wears around his neck? I thought he was an exterminator pre plague? Is it inevitable that Dutch is heading for the ole caught him in bed with the new cop chick girlfriend?

Just started the new season. 3 episodes in, still liking it.

I love the locations that their supposed to be. They were meeting the old rich dud on W15th under the highline. Looked like under an 8 lane highway.

What city do they film this in mostly?

All caught up in time for the finale. Still enjoying it. Not sure they needed to stretch the show with Palmer's backstory but whatever. How did that half strigoi/human survive a nuke? :lmao:

That's it, they win, I'm out.  It's officially off of my DVR.  I've always hated the plot line involving the kid, and it looks like they're going to make it a focal point.  Have fun guys.

Users who are viewing this thread