What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (2 Viewers)

Just took him in the middle of the sixth in a  0.5 PPR 12 team draft. I'm finding everyone is overreacting to last year's RB bust fest and loading up on WR early, so there are a lot of outstanding RBs to be had in the first rounds if you zig when everyone zags.  If Gordon can provide WR1/2 value when he comes back, he can really help people who sluff WR early.

I'm drafting my 4th Fantasy Championship team (via rtsports).  It's similar to the FFPC but less participants for a slightly lower prize ($200k).  Anywho, Josh Gordon just went at 4.03.  That's absurd, imo.  Carry on.

Time for the Chargers or Colts to trade for this guy. Chargers because they proved that they can still compete with their injuries and the Colts because they are void of talent and need to stop wasting a great young QBs career.

Damn I was hoping for at least another week of peace and quiet before this thing reared up.  This is like the Godzilla of threads.

Just to add fuel to the fire, and I know Soulfly will love this. I just traded for Gordon

Gave Jeffery, and Jordan Cameron

Got Gordon, Eifert and 2 2017 2nd rounders.

Kessler was average at best at USC. But his backup, Kevin Hogan from Stanford, is actually pretty good and has a bigger arm. I'd like to see him given a shot. 

You have got to be sh!tting me. 

My 9th round bargain was already going bad-to-worse with the QBs dropping like flies. Now this? Gah! 

At least this news coulda come out yesterday so I could have dropped Gordon instead when I picked up Washington.  :wall:

They aren't going to lock him up if he coughs up some dough and this isn't a suspendable offense.

Put this in the TMZ zone, it is a non-football story.

Pete Smith ‏@_PeteSmith_  12m12 minutes ago
On the plus side, it's nothing Josh Gordon can get suspended for, but why should I believe he's not a moron?
How is it "not a suspend-able offense"? 

Im pretty sure if Josh Gordon gets arrested for anything it will be considered a violation of the conduct policy. 

Which is absolutely a suspend-able offense. 

How is it "not a suspend-able offense"? 

Im pretty sure if Josh Gordon gets arrested for anything it will be considered a violation of the conduct policy. 

Which is absolutely a suspend-able offense. 

Unlikely.

=======

Pete Smith ‏@_PeteSmith_  24m24 minutes ago

Pete Smith Retweeted DH

Yes... Goodell COULD suspend him if he's actually arrested, but that's a huge stretch

Pete Smith added,

DH @DHTampa

@_PeteSmith_ are you sure? Think it's up to Roger's discretion.

Unlikely.

=======

Pete Smith ‏@_PeteSmith_  24m24 minutes ago

Pete Smith Retweeted DH

Yes... Goodell COULD suspend him if he's actually arrested, but that's a huge stretch

Pete Smith added,

DH @DHTampa

@_PeteSmith_ are you sure? Think it's up to Roger's discretion.
Seems like Pete Smith is a Gordon owner. 

Goodell is always so level headed and understanding....especially with a player he's already suspended twice.

Whatever was I thinking?

Please, he hasn't been arrested for anything.  He had a warrant issued for not taking a paternity test.  

They issue a warrant, he comes in and takes the test.  Murray Povich loves this crap but he isn't going to be suspended for not taking a paternity test.
That's not exactly how it works.

once you've got the arrest warrant, if he comes in they will place him under arrest.

at this point it's comsidered contempt of court for refusing to follow a court order. 

Which makes this a criminal matter instead of a civil matter. 

Not an attorney, but I'm reasonably sure that's how this works.

id say 75% likely Gordon gets suspended over this. And that might be generous. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not exactly how it works.

once you've got the arrest warrant, if he comes in they will place him under arrest.

at this point it's comsidered contempt of court for refusing to follow a court order. 

Which makes this a criminal matter instead of a civil matter. 

Not an attorney, but I'm reasonably sure that's how this works.

id say 75% likely Gordon gets suspended over this. And that might be generous. 
If there is an active warrant out for someone's arrest, generally they execute the warrant and let everything else settle itself out later on. The penalty will be handled later on. If Gordon were smart (big IF) he would be in contact with his attorney ASAP to work out a deal pretty damn quick for him to take the test and avoid any arrest. There have been times where a warrant was issued but the person took care of the matter and the warrant was lifted (typically for family court issues or a lack of payment on a fine).

If there is an active warrant out for someone's arrest, generally they execute the warrant and let everything else settle itself out later on. The penalty will be handled later on. If Gordon were smart (big IF) he would be in contact with his attorney ASAP to work out a deal pretty damn quick for him to take the test and avoid any arrest. There have been times where a warrant was issued but the person took care of the matter and the warrant was lifted (typically for family court issues or a lack of payment on a fine).
Thanks for clarifying - I think you are correct with that. 

I was responding to the "he comes in and takes the test" - there's a few steps for him to take first, like getting the arrest warrant taken care of. 

It's pretty unbelievable that he'd ignore a court order here. I mean, he's kept clean, he's obviously got handlers helping him...wouldn't someone have said, "hey man - probably a good idea to respond this court order so you don't get arrested"? 

Unbelievable - except it's Josh Gordon, so I believe it.

as for suspension possibility, remember that Goodell doesn't wait for the legal system. Ray Rice was never convicted, for example. 

Goodell could simply see his name in the paper with an arrest warrant and suspend him for the season. It's that simple.

and, unfortunately, likely.  

Me too. Fortunately in a different league than the one I have Gordon in. Still sucky to say the least. 

Silly me expecting Gordon to keep his nose clean for a whopping 4 weeks.  :wall:
Moncrief and Gordon in the same dynasty league here!   ...and I agreed to trade away Cobb this morning!!!  fml. 

This is correct.  I recently had a warrant issued for my arrest.  I was traveling and forgot to show up to court for a minor traffic violation.  I found out about it, went in, spoke to the DA and paid the fine with court costs and walked out.  Tons of others were in line for bench warrants as well - most of them for failure to appear or provide some sort of information the court needed.  Everyone I saw just walked out after meeting with the DA.  If Gordon takes care of this, I think he'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread