What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Divisional Round- Green Bay @ Dallas Thread (2 Viewers)

Skip Bayless twitter has been overrun with trolls.  It's hilarious because he's been bagging on Rodgers for a few weeks.  Even had some post a while back that he'd take Tebow over Rodgers in the last two minutes of a game.  This guy has a show?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost of Bill Walsh said:
I could see 60 pts. scored in this game. I think Dallas will have more t.o.p. but Packers are gonna have plenty of time to put points on the board and they'll need them. Why?  Pack is gonna focus on Zeke and WR Dez Bryant has his best game of the year, thanks to Zeke, scoring at least 2 tds & 100+ yds. receiving. My gut,hunch, whatever you wanna call it has me starting Bryant & benching A. Brown. I am nuts for doing this, maybe, but I just feel strongly that Dez outscores Antonio today. Any other game it would be AB without hesitation but this 1 day, this 1 game the postgame shows will be talking about Bryant's phenominal day. I didn't draft Dez in any of my leagues this year but he's gonna payoff today. Anybody else out there with me on this one? I kinda doubt it, but if you are let's hear your thoughts. Because Zeke will indirectly, maybe directly, aid in Dez scoring at least(at least) 2 tds.
Couple of things. There was at least 60 pts.  scored which some didn't think that would happen. Second, I trusted my gut feeling that Dez Bryant would have his best game this year. I'll give mysef a little pat on the back for that one cause I was gonna leave AB in my lineup but my instinct to swap them paid off for me and put some coin in my pocket. I hope the Chiefs/Steelers ga n e is as exciting as the earlier game.?

The thing is, it doesn't get easier for GB. Matt Ryan probably and deservedly so MVP, so many good passing options and that running game Atlanta has. Pack being so short handed on defense. 

Skip Bayless twitter has been overrun with trolls.  It's hilarious because he's been bagging on Rodgers for a few weeks.  Even had some post a while back that he'd take Tebow over Rodgers in the last two minutes of a game.  This guy has a show?

Skip Bayless Verified account @RealSkipBayless

You'd better believe I'm taking Tebow over ARodg in last 2 mins. I've SEEN Tebow do it again/again/again. ARodg hasn't had many chances.

Atlanta is going to score a #### ton of points on this beat up gb team.  Their offense is just ridiculous. 540 points scored this season.   

The thing is, it doesn't get easier for GB. Matt Ryan probably and deservedly so MVP, so many good passing options and that running game Atlanta has. Pack being so short handed on defense. 
The problem for GB is going to be the fact that Atlanta has a better defense than Dallas imo. Should be a great game

The problem for GB is going to be the fact that Atlanta has a better defense than Dallas imo. Should be a great game
Maybe so, but I don't think good enough to shut the Pack down. But if you get 28 it doesn't do you much good if they got 42. Hopefully it is a good game and close in the 4th. 

He's made those high leverage plays all year. He's the real MVP to anybody paying attention. 
Then talk about the plays he made during the season and stop bringing up irrelevant info about the playoffs like you did this week AND last week.

Then talk about the plays he made during the season and stop bringing up irrelevant info about the playoffs like you did this week AND last week.
It's just further confirmation and I'll bring whatever the hell I want to bring up. 

It's just further confirmation and I'll bring whatever the hell I want to bring up. 
It's no confirmation at all.  The award isn't who the better qb is.  It's who had the better regular season.  Playoff stats don't confirm a single thing about who had the better regular season.

It's too bad you don't understand the nfl and how the award is given out.

It's no confirmation at all.  The award isn't who the better qb is.  It's who had the better regular season.  Playoff stats don't confirm a single thing about who had the better regular season.

It's too bad you don't understand the nfl and how the award is given out.
I know how it's given out. It's wrong. Ryan will be one of the least deserving MVP'S  I can remember in the last 20 years. 

I know how it's given out. It's wrong. Ryan will be one of the least deserving I can remember in the last 20 years. 
You don't know how its given out or you would agree that based on how its given out, he's the MVP choice this year.

Rodgers is by far the better QB.  In fact he's the most talented quarterback of all time.  His regular season wasn't as good as Ryans was though based on how its given out.  Give it up an enjoy your win.

Ryan is the MVP this season let it go. I would love to troll my Atlanta friends but he's been the best week 1 through 16.

Dak went point for point with Aaron freaking Rodgers and lost because he didn't have the ball at the end of the game.

Impressive and I'll never doubt Dak again
Okay but after the latest injuries the pack has a bottom 3 defence out of the whole league. And the cowboys line and run game are lights out. He was throwing to guys with nobody within 3 yards of them. Pretty sure Dak is the most overrated player in football. The jury is still out on him imo.

You don't know how its given out or you would agree that based on how its given out, he's the MVP choice this year.

Rodgers is by far the better QB.  In fact he's the most talented quarterback of all time.  His regular season wasn't as good as Ryans was though based on how its given out.  Give it up an enjoy your win.
Ryan is a league average QB. It's a joke he's going to win the MVP. Is he? Yes. Was he the most valuable player in the league during the regular season? No. He wasn't even top 5. 

Okay but after the latest injuries the pack has a bottom 3 defence out of the whole league. And the cowboys line and run game are lights out. He was throwing to guys with nobody within 3 yards of them. Pretty sure Dak is the most overrated player in football. The jury is still out on him imo.
I tend to lean this way too. 

Time will tell on Dak though

That is Dak's first playoff game ever. Dude has ice in his veins. No doubt in my mind that Dallas will be in the playoffs a lot the next 15 years. 

It's not like these last two games are the only ones Rodgers has played like this. 
Ryan:  69.9% Completion Rate, 4944 Passing Yards, 38 TDs/7 Ints, 9.26 YPA, 309 Passing Yards/Game, 117.1 Passer Rating, 11-5 Record
Rodgers:  65.7% Completion Rate, 4428 Passing Yards, 40 TDs/7 Ints, 7.26 YPA, 277 Passing Yards/Game, 104.2 Passer Rating, 10-6 Record

Ryan wins in almost EVERY statistical comparison to Rodgers.  And that is how the award is usually given out (like you said you know).  This isn't even debatable that Rodgers is the better qb but that Ryan had the better season.

That is Dak's first playoff game ever. Dude has ice in his veins. No doubt in my mind that Dallas will be in the playoffs a lot the next 15 years. 
pretty certain they won't win their division as much as everyone is assuming. NFC East will have 4 strong teams, meaning Cowboys will not be annually in the playoffs

It's not like these last two games are the only ones Rodgers has played like this. 
Just stop.  I'm a Packers homer...live Rodgers.  But Ryan is the MVP this year.

ill take comfort in knowing Rodgers is the better player and even outmanned next..,week he gives us a shot.

Ryan:  69.9% Completion Rate, 4944 Passing Yards, 38 TDs/7 Ints, 9.26 YPA, 309 Passing Yards/Game, 117.1 Passer Rating, 11-5 Record
Rodgers:  65.7% Completion Rate, 4428 Passing Yards, 40 TDs/7 Ints, 7.26 YPA, 277 Passing Yards/Game, 104.2 Passer Rating, 10-6 Record

Ryan wins in almost EVERY statistical comparison to Rodgers.  And that is how the award is usually given out (like you said you know).  This isn't even debatable that Rodgers is the better qb but that Ryan had the better season.
Yep he's on a better offense with an elite WR and great running game. He never ever makes wow plays. Ever. He just plays his medium part in the offense. 

No, I won't.  Not when Cowboys fans are talking Super Bowl before they even play a down in a divisional game. @BroncoFreak_2K3 

Cowboys are one of the worst franchises in sports, only no one knows it because Skip Bayless loves you.  Dak is terrible, @Capella and I told you as much.  The defense is trash, just trash.  You're never gonna win anything, never.  Never. 
What did Dallas do to you?

No, I won't.  Not when Cowboys fans are talking Super Bowl before they even play a down in a divisional game. @BroncoFreak_2K3 

Cowboys are one of the worst franchises in sports, only no one knows it because Skip Bayless loves you.  Dak is terrible, @Capella and I told you as much.  The defense is trash, just trash.  You're never gonna win anything, never.  Never. 
So much wrong about this post. You really should stick to politics. 

Lol
Hey sparty>how was your bowl game this year?  :lmao:

Yep he's on a better offense with an elite WR and great running game. He never ever makes wow plays. Ever. He just plays his medium part in the offense. 
well you said you understood how the mvp award is given out and you just contradicted yourself.  The mvp isn't given out to someone who makes wow plays.  If you're mad at HOW the award is given out that's fine... but Matt ryan is the mvp this year based on how its given out.  What are you not understanding here?

Users who are viewing this thread