What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Indefinite Cincinnati Bengals Thread *** 0-0 Never Felt So Good Before! (4 Viewers)

Schedule out! Games I'm circling as the "tough ones" at first blush:

Week 8 Sun 10/29 at San Francisco 49ers

Week 9 Sun 11/05 vs Buffalo Bills

Week 11 Thu 11/16 at Baltimore Ravens

Week 13 Mon 12/04 at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 17 Sun 12/31 at Kansas City Chiefs

At least these tougher games are spread out a bit and the SF game is right after our btw.

2 division games to start off the year so it would be wise to get off to a quicker start than last year.

-QG
Exactly what I was thinking about the SF game. And they won't have had their bye yet. Not that we need advantages or anything :boxing:

At least these tougher games are spread out a bit and the SF game is right after our btw.

2 division games to start off the year so it would be wise to get off to a quicker start than last year.

-QG

Can we catch a break against niners on road? Would love to see Darnold if Purdy has an extended delay

I heard the Bengals organization requested to be the annual host of the new Black Friday game. The request was denied as we know, but I don't know if there's a chance it could happen in the future.

I heard the Bengals organization requested to be the annual host of the new Black Friday game. The request was denied as we know, but I don't know if there's a chance it could happen in the future.
My team has hosted the early Thanksgiving game since 1934. It's nice in a way, but Black Friday might be even better. Less family obligations and an extra day off for the 2 teams.

Since this is an Amazon game and I would rather not have a millionth subscription for selfish reasons I would prefer this not happen but I do like that the team stepped up nonetheless.

-QG

Since this is an Amazon game and I would rather not have a millionth subscription for selfish reasons I would prefer this not happen but I do like that the team stepped up nonetheless.

-QG
Ahh, good call, didn't realize it was Amazon.

Sounds like Jonah is taking the right attitude and getting to work in camp. Good to see.

Heard they are doing like 10 practices that are open to the public and a few more for season ticket holders

-QG

Sounds like Jonah is taking the right attitude and getting to work in camp. Good to see.

Heard they are doing like 10 practices that are open to the public and a few more for season ticket holders

-QG
I was glad to see that. And completely understandable why he didn't feel great about it.

Here we go. I think it'll be Jennings. But I really wouldn't mind if they went ahead and tabbed Huber here - our special teams are terrible.

-QG

Farewell to Kevin Huber who totally lived up to my called shot of us drafting him 14 years ago. One day after the backlog is gotten through he is sure to be in the Bengals Ring of Honor.

-QG

Any concern after watching Rodgers last night tear his Achilles?
That was after Rodgers battled a calf injury and the same thing happened to Kevin Durant in the NBA
Burrow had a pretty harsh looking calf injury that kept him out most of camp

Dunno what the internal dynamic was in terms of Collins - either where he was at in terms of his rehab or how they feel about the folks there.

I will say the concept of turning things into a "cheap Mike Brown" meme after he literally just guaranteed over $200m or whatever just shows some crud never dies.

-QG

I've been pushing this stat for over a year now, and it continues to get more extreme.

Bengals +3.5 points vs opp in last 41 games (including playoffs)

0-4 vs Browns
36-1 vs all other teams
Sorry guys. I messed up the stat, it's not quite that extreme.

Bengals +3.5 points vs opp in last 41 games (including playoffs)

1-4 vs Browns
35-1 vs all other teams

This was a sight for sore eyes, my gosh. Not that the offense looked very good, but Burrow was there, and he looked his best yet this season, despite the injury aggravation. The defense was phenomenal. It's nice being on the application end of the sack parade once in a while.

Two road games against middling-type opponents. Can we take them both? I would say Cardinals would be easy, but last week ...

Really ugly loss today. Burrow is not right. Last week he looked so much better, but that calf is clearly causing serious problems. The o-line isn't helping the cause. The defense didn't get the job done either today, suprisingly. Henry ran all over us. That drive to start the second half, when Tennessee took over 10 minutes off the clock? That was an absolute killer. (The sketchy penalty helped the Titans out ... I don't complain about calls but it was a tough one to take.)

Well, that was so much better. Looking forward to hosting the Seahawks next week. Bengals are 3.0-point favorites.

Fun fact: including the upcoming game's current point spread, all 6 of the first games have ended up with a point spread between 2.5 and 3.5.

SF coming of two losses versus crummy-to-respectable opponents. Two ways to look at it. Are we playing a team at its low point, or are we treading into an angry hornet's nest?

Users who are viewing this thread