What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have you ever had a league member post your private trade offers on the league message board? (1 Viewer)

I did not have a first rounder available as that had been traded in another deal. I offered what I had available. I had also offered him multiple players in other deals, that we could have built into an agreement. 
Why can't you guys just read what the hoff is saying. Nothing else was available for the 71st ranked player in his league last year.

The best part of this thread is the use of the phrase "you're dead to me".  I like that.
This is the worst post in this thread. And you're dead to me for thinking that's a legitimate best line. It's not even a negotiable starting point for Best Line of the Thread. 

Clearly the best line of the thread was when Maverick slow rolled the Ace and we realized he won the tournament. Bloom has it as the #11 movie slow roll despite it finishing as the 71st in all of poker this year. 

This is the worst post in this thread. And you're dead to me for thinking that's a legitimate best line. It's not even a negotiable starting point for Best Line of the Thread. 

Clearly the best line of the thread was when Maverick slow rolled the Ace and we realized he won the tournament. Bloom has it as the #11 movie slow roll despite it finishing as the 71st in all of poker this year. 
Bloom? Bloom?  You've got to be kidding me!  The guy has a good line once in 3 years - a paltry 33% success rate?

The Baccalà around this joint...

I did not have a first rounder available as that had been traded in another deal. I offered what I had available. I had also offered him multiple players in other deals, that we could have built into an agreement. 
Maybe then you just say "I don't have the picks to be able to acquire Allen Robinson".  That's what I would have done.

You say it's a negotiation.  True.  But you have to make a somewhat decent first offer....and a 4th rounder +  crap player for Allen Robinson is so laughable.  You have to persuade the other owner to actually come to the table.  You didn't do that and the others shamed you for it.  So what.  Either get some thicker skin or propose more fair initial offers.

why can't someone post an offer? Is the player going to get upset about being shopped? Now if it's a close offer they want to give the rest of the league a chance to beat, fine. Otherwise be a man and suck it up.

If you really don't like someone posting a horrible offer don't send it in the first place. 

Honestly I'm lucky this didn't happened to me in the past, I probably deserved it in my early years. I finally developed the attitude that I would never make an offer that I would be ashamed to have talked about at a party or on a board or wherever, and honestly I think it made me a better trader.

why can't someone post an offer? Is the player going to get upset about being shopped? Now if it's a close offer they want to give the rest of the league a chance to beat, fine. Otherwise be a man and suck it up.

If you really don't like someone posting a horrible offer don't send it in the first place. 
You should post every offer that you get ... that way other owners in the league can better the offer. Keep it going until the bidding stalls. You then accept the final offer.

Like a Barrett Jackson car auction. Surprised NFL teams don't already do this.

You should post every offer that you get ... that way other owners in the league can better the offer. Keep it going until the bidding stalls. You then accept the final offer.

Like a Barrett Jackson car auction. Surprised NFL teams don't already do this.
I said it's different if it's a real offer. But for arguments sake, if you want to post a ridiculous reply, NFL teams don't do it publicly because of the players involved being insulted. Pretty sure Allen Robinson isn't losing any sleep tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OP's name was familiar... I'm pretty sure he's trolling. He was a massive troll in every GameDay thread i posted in last season. Same kind of "Oh I don't think that way so you're wrong" post style.

I guess I am in the minority in thinking that openness in trading is better for the sport and the league.

I send you an offer, I not only accept that you might talk to other owners about it, I suggest it.

I never want to be the guy who screwed another owner.  There are more important things in life than winning a fantasy league.

Openness prevents one sided trades... The type that ruin leagues.  My take is that if you are bothered that others might find out what you are doing, you probably should not be doing it.

In my best league that has been going on for almost 2 decades discussing trade offers openly is the norm.

Ummm then you negotiate. I get trades I don't like every day in multiple leagues. I either counter or respectfully pass. I don't share the offer to the world. it's poor form. 
this is an all to common and lousy point of view. I don't negotiate with someone that just offered 5 cents on the dollar. Do I need to counter with something equally outrageous just to get us back to reality in the middle? You aren't looking to negotiate, you are looking and hoping to take advantage of someone. I commend the guy that posted that ####. You should be outed sir as a trade predator.

The whole situation is shameful and the actions of the OP are what ruins good leagues. I'm in over a dozen leagues and at least half have one guy like this that sends out the most ridiculous offers possible. I'll make comments once or twice but as the #### offers keep coming I send one last response telling him to not send offers any more and if he does they will not be looked at.

I can understand trying to get better end of a deal and leaving a little meat on the bone of offers for negotiations but offers like this one for Robinson would result in an immediately response to him to stop sending me offers. You need to have some sense of fair play and integrity. Even in this make believe world of FF.

The whole situation is shameful and the actions of the OP are what ruins good leagues. I'm in over a dozen leagues and at least half have one guy like this that sends out the most ridiculous offers possible. I'll make comments once or twice but as the #### offers keep coming I send one last response telling him to not send offers any more and if he does they will not be looked at.

I can understand trying to get better end of a deal and leaving a little meat on the bone of offers for negotiations but offers like this one for Robinson would result in an immediately response to him to stop sending me offers. You need to have some sense of fair play and integrity. Even in this make believe world of FF.
Bro - don't make me post some of the offers you've made me! ??

I was offered a 3rd for A.P. in the middle oh is 2015 season. Did I go posting it on a message board? No i simply countered. Offers you don't like happen every day. It does not mean you take it public. That is my point man. 
That's still a terrible comparison.  How much value do you think a 30 year old RB has in the middle of the season in a dynasty league?  He was having a pretty good season at the time but everyone knows that he has very short term value.  Say you did take that trade offer, you'd have a rookie that maybe you could use and he would have a good player for half a season and then nothing.  APs following season he played 3 games and was terrible and now he's not even on a team.  I think that was a fair trade in a dynasty league.

if it upset you so much that is a clear sign that your offer was not that great and you were embarrassed by it in your league. sending a very bad offer is no less disrespectful than posting the offer.

I make the most trades in every one of my leagues and it's not close. That happens because I'm an active owner, believe in churning my roster, and because my offers are fair. I don't post offers of other owners to the MB, but there's a few in which EVERY single offer is bad, bad like he offered Fiedorowicz yesterday for prosise, caroo, and a 2. When the time is right I'm usually the first to point out his horrendous in chat or something. I'd say shaming them helps, but honestly it doesn't at all, if you have no scruples,  you already could care less what the rest of the league thinks, plus the rest of the leagues gets the same crap offers...I do think it's fine to post #### offers though if every offer is so bad they'd most likely get nominated for veto if accepted

That's still a terrible comparison.  How much value do you think a 30 year old RB has in the middle of the season in a dynasty league?  He was having a pretty good season at the time but everyone knows that he has very short term value.  Say you did take that trade offer, you'd have a rookie that maybe you could use and he would have a good player for half a season and then nothing.  APs following season he played 3 games and was terrible and now he's not even on a team.  I think that was a fair trade in a dynasty league.
I'm having as much fun as everyone else piling on this guy but I think you're taking this too far. Its not a terrible comparison. In 2015 ADPs startup ADP per DLF in Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct was 36/30/22/30 respectively.  Peterson led the league in rushing in 2015 (and was leading the league thru week 9 as well) -a little better than "having a pretty good year". Go back to 2015 mid year and look at the dynasty trade thread and you'll see huge hauls for him even then. There were a bunch of guys around here at the time talking about how ADP was super human/the 30 yo cliff wasn't going to happen to him/he's going to challenge Emmitts record and play another 5 years blablabla. Those guys have since disappeared. He had plenty of trade value in 2015 and even 2016 pre-injury.

I'm having as much fun as everyone else piling on this guy but I think you're taking this too far. Its not a terrible comparison. In 2015 ADPs startup ADP per DLF in Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct was 36/30/22/30 respectively.  Peterson led the league in rushing in 2015 (and was leading the league thru week 9 as well) -a little better than "having a pretty good year". Go back to 2015 mid year and look at the dynasty trade thread and you'll see huge hauls for him even then. There were a bunch of guys around here at the time talking about how ADP was super human/the 30 yo cliff wasn't going to happen to him/he's going to challenge Emmitts record and play another 5 years blablabla. Those guys have since disappeared. He had plenty of trade value in 2015 and even 2016 pre-injury.
I will bet that guy is very happy his trade offer was not accepted right now as AP was a wasted roster spot last year and possibly this year.  Would have basically been getting him for about a half year.  If the guy was in contention to win that year and needed that one extra guy then I could see going hard after him.

He has much more value in a redraft league than a dynasty league.  I know I wouldn't have offered much for him.  Right now I have Jamaal Charles and would gladly take a mid round draft pick for him.

I said it's different if it's a real offer. But for arguments sake, if you want to post a ridiculous reply, NFL teams don't do it publicly because of the players involved being insulted. Pretty sure Allen Robinson isn't losing any sleep tonight.
The NFL GM's wouldn't have to do it publicly ... just send an email blast to the other 30 GM's.

"Here's what NE is offering for Cooks. Top it if you want to be considered as a potential trade partner for him."

I will bet that guy is very happy his trade offer was not accepted right now as AP was a wasted roster spot last year and possibly this year.  Would have basically been getting him for about a half year.  If the guy was in contention to win that year and needed that one extra guy then I could see going hard after him.

He has much more value in a redraft league than a dynasty league.  I know I wouldn't have offered much for him.  Right now I have Jamaal Charles and would gladly take a mid round draft pick for him.
I'll bet he isn't happy about it at all because had he gotten AP he would have gotten the RB3 overall from weeks 10-16. That's worth a hell of a lot more than a measly future 3rd round pick. There are tons of contenders who pay huge premiums for players down the stretch. Players that are declining assets. Those owners recognize those players could fall off a cliff and don't care if it gives them a better shot at a championship. A future 3 for Peterson at any time in 2015 or 2016 is a ridiculous trade offer.

I'll bet he isn't happy about it at all because had he gotten AP he would have gotten the RB3 overall from weeks 10-16. That's worth a hell of a lot more than a measly future 3rd round pick. There are tons of contenders who pay huge premiums for players down the stretch. Players that are declining assets. Those owners recognize those players could fall off a cliff and don't care if it gives them a better shot at a championship. A future 3 for Peterson at any time in 2015 or 2016 is a ridiculous trade offer.
Being it's two years later, unless he would have won his league having AP then I'm guessing he's glad he doesn't have him now.

Back on to the actual topic.  My view has always been that trade negotiations should be held in private in terms of within that league.  Certainly I see teams going to say the AC forum here or elsewhere for advice which is fine with me.  However, none of my leagues have a rule against it. I am in leagues where some owners continually make poor offers and I have seen them called out on it with tactics like this.  My feeling is that if I am going to make a really poor offer I can't be offended if it gets out.  Owners talk.  I prefer to make starting offers that I feel very comfortable with but I'm not going to waste time with seriously poor offers and if I make a really poor offer I am not going to be offended if it gets talked about.

Being it's two years later, unless he would have won his league having AP then I'm guessing he's glad he doesn't have him now.
I'm sorry but your logic is flawed and your argument doesn't make any sense. This is the last I'll comment on this because you seem to be set in this flawed thinking for some reason. He didn't have to win the league for it to be worth it. He could have cashed for it to be worth it. He could have just gotten the better value side of the trade for it to be worth it and then traded ADP during offseason for a lot more than a future 3.  If someone could have gotten a player for pennies on the dollar and then used them for a run or moved them it was worth it. Based on your logic I guess you'll be moving Jordy mid season for a 3? 32 yo receiver clearly will fall off the cliff. Move him for well below market value, a 3 perhaps, and be happy you did when he's unrosterable 2 years from now, right?

I'm sorry but your logic is flawed and your argument doesn't make any sense. This is the last I'll comment on this because you seem to be set in this flawed thinking for some reason. He didn't have to win the league for it to be worth it. He could have cashed for it to be worth it. He could have just gotten the better value side of the trade for it to be worth it and then traded ADP during offseason for a lot more than a future 3.  If someone could have gotten a player for pennies on the dollar and then used them for a run or moved them it was worth it. Based on your logic I guess you'll be moving Jordy mid season for a 3? 32 yo receiver clearly will fall off the cliff. Move him for well below market value, a 3 perhaps, and be happy you did when he's unrosterable 2 years from now, right?
I did think about that.  If having AP got him into the money of course it paid off.  If it did not then it didn't pay off and that pick was gone.  As for the Jordy comparison, I treat that a little different since I feel WRs can offer a little more than a RB after the age of 30.  I feel RBs are much more volatile than WRs, especially after the age of 30.

Regardless of how we feel on any of this, the trades we are talking about are so much better than what he offered. 

Bro - don't make me post some of the offers you've made me! ??
LOL. I'm sure I've done it once or twice and try to always leave some meat on the bone to negotiate. I think the difference here is you have someone arguing an obvious terrible offer. I may send one but either admit it or realize I made a drunken offer that I regretted in the morning. I'll definitely keep this in mind in the future though when sending offers. 

Anyone else keep checking back into this thread to see if Hoffman is still trying to justify his offer as a legitimate starting point? 

So many posts but nobody shares recent trades for ARob :no:

Here is mine....I traded D.Moncrief, A.Abdullah and T.Boyd for ...A.Rob and 2017 2nd (2.06)

Starting offer was Moncrief and Boyd for ARob, ...went back and forward, owner want Abdullah to be involved or no trade, at the end I want ARob more.

IMO my team is ready to win now, ARob will be WR #3, his team far away from playoff, win-win in this situation ..

The NFL GM's wouldn't have to do it publicly ... just send an email blast to the other 30 GM's.

"Here's what NE is offering for Cooks. Top it if you want to be considered as a potential trade partner for him."
If they send it to GMs not involved, then they are doing it publicly.  These guys are enemies and some of them will use any type of leverage available to them.

If the trade offer is sent to more than one GM, then you can't track down who leaked it... and why not leak it if you can do it covertly (other than that increasingly rare internal moral code)?  It disrupts the team chemistry of the players involved at no cost to your team.   

8 pages, huh.

ARob is going to have a horrible year now, directly as a result of this thread.

ETA: and Cordarelle is going to finish as a fantasy WR2.

8 pages, huh.

ARob is going to have a horrible year now, directly as a result of this thread.

ETA: and Cordarelle is going to finish as a fantasy WR2.
Then maybe he can offer Patterson and a 3rd for OBJ.

So many posts but nobody shares recent trades for ARob :no:

Here is mine....I traded D.Moncrief, A.Abdullah and T.Boyd for ...A.Rob and 2017 2nd (2.06)

Starting offer was Moncrief and Boyd for ARob, ...went back and forward, owner want Abdullah to be involved or no trade, at the end I want ARob more.

IMO my team is ready to win now, ARob will be WR #3, his team far away from playoff, win-win in this situation ..
I traded Dez Bryant straight up for ARob.  I wanted to get a bit younger at WR.

Atomic Punk said:
LOL. I'm sure I've done it once or twice and try to always leave some meat on the bone to negotiate. I think the difference here is you have someone arguing an obvious terrible offer. I may send one but either admit it or realize I made a drunken offer that I regretted in the morning. I'll definitely keep this in mind in the future though when sending offers. 
Haha. Just messing with ya. We all do it, just some more than others. You're not the primary offender on our league :)

Got a couple of offers ... which one would you guys take?Both are for A. Robinson (Jac) wr:Brian Quick & 4.05 2017 draft                orCordarelle Patterson & 4.05 2017 draft
my counter offer would be something like::

A.Robinson

for

Cordarelle & 1.05

--------

A.Robinson

for

Stefon Diggs & 4.05

--------

You can not justify posting the trade offer in public. Guy that posted the trade offer was wrong to do so.

If it is horrible just let the guy know in the trade reject comments. Or if it's ongoing you could ask not to be offered any more trades.

Myself, I'd rather get a bad offer than no offer at all. At least I know my players have peoples interest.

Like being asked to the prom. Dude asking could be fat, ugly, and drive a Ford Pinto ... but still better than not being asked.

my counter offer would be something like::

A.Robinson

for

Cordarelle & 1.05

--------

A.Robinson

for

Stefon Diggs & 4.05

--------

You can not justify posting the trade offer in public. Guy that posted the trade offer was wrong to do so.

If it is horrible just let the guy know in the trade reject comments. Or if it's ongoing you could ask not to be offered any more trades.

Myself, I'd rather get a bad offer than no offer at all. At least I know my players have peoples interest.

Like being asked to the prom. Dude asking could be fat, ugly, and drive a Ford Pinto ... but still better than not being asked.
You like when dude's ask you to the prom?

I still don't see the issue with posting the trade.  Seems like a personal opinion to me.
I put it in the same category as talking about players during a draft ... that have yet to be drafted 

"I almost drafted "Player A" here, good size, speed, and think he in a great situation ... but I went with "player B" here instead" ... Player A is now on everyones radar now.

I'm sure some are ok with this ... but it is still wrong.

You did better than me.  :unsure:

----------------

Are you homophobic?

saladmad

You're not homophobic

71%
You answered 5 out of 7 questions correctly

------------

... and don't try and tell me that you wouldn't be FLATTERED if a dude asked you to the prom. Especially if he put a lot of effort into it.

Like spelling out "PROM ?" in pepperoni on a pizza and delivering it to your house.

Users who are viewing this thread