What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFFL Payouts, from the horses mouth (1 Viewer)

'Dave Gerczak - FFPC said:
I am a part-owner of the 2009 AFFL Championship team with Jeff Gill. I also own part of both the FFPC and the Footballguys Players Championship (started in 2010, so not relevant to 2009 decisions). Since I own these contests, my options for high stakes fantasy were (and still are) quite limited. Which is why I decided (against my intuition) to help Jeff manage his teams that season. As part of a settlement, I cannot comment on the settlement made in our lawsuit vs. AFFL.

Since they brought it up, I will say that I find it patently unfair for the AFFL ownership to create a whole thread to attempt to insinuate that my ownership stake in FFPC is what led to the lawsuit. It is not like I planned to take part-ownership in the team, win the whole thing and then sue AFFL to benefit my business. That is silly. I am not Nostradamus. We busted our butts in waivers, managing that team, went through many starting lineup decisions and managed it with our best effort to squeak out a win vs Chad Schroeder (who is considered by many to be the best in the business) at the very end. We worked hard, make no mistake. Our goal was the same as anyone: to win and get paid in full. Same goal as anyone else that puts up good money to play fantasy football. Obviously. Frankly, it really pains me for these guys to bring up these old wounds again when I have tried to put them in the past. I have not spoken to Jeff, but I am certain he feels the same way.
Dave:I am very glad you said this. When I read that "Wade and Bob" still think that your ownership interest had anything to do with the lawsuit, I couldn't believe it. We are all supposed to believe "this is only an attempt to briefly show that we are in no way criminals", but nonetheless they decided it was prudent to offer their opinion that this was the reason behind the lawsuit. They still don't get it.

We offered them an easy way out before the lawsuit was filed, which they rejected.

If they seek redemption, like many of the other posters have said, pay ALL the winners in full first.

'Maroney=Speed said:
'gandalas said:
'Maroney=Speed said:
Waiting for maroney=speed to jump in here... :popcorn:
No need. Bob covered it all and very well I may add. :thumbup: Looking forward to another Great Year playing in the AFFL. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wow, just Wow. :fishing: much? Or just trolling? :popcorn:
No need. Bob covered it all and very well I may add. :thumbup: Looking forward to another Great Year playing in the AFFL. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Did you ever pay Joe or post a picture of your receipt from your donation to the Salvation Army?

Well, these guys really F'd up. No doubt about that. You could also make a strong case for them CONTINUING to F up based on this post.

That said, the only way the victims ever get paid is for the company to continue to exist. So I'm a little torn on what to hope for.

'Maroney=Speed said:
'gandalas said:
'Maroney=Speed said:
Did you ever pay Joe or post a picture of your receipt from your donation to the Salvation Army?

:goodposting:

'Maroney=Speed said:
'gandalas said:
'Maroney=Speed said:
:no:J

I read about the AFFL in the FootballDiehards magazine (Fantasy Football Pro Forecast) the other day.

It made no mention of the ponzi scheme.

It made no mention of crooked cops.

It just said you was two straight-up blue collar guys.

That whitewash does a great disservice to readers.

This is the last year I purchase Fantasy Football Pro Forecast.

I read about the AFFL in the FootballDiehards magazine (Fantasy Football Pro Forecast) the other day.

Wat?

they are advertising in FF magazines when their winners from previous years haven't been paid?

How is law enforcement not involved in getting this Ponzi scheme stopped?

I read about the AFFL in the FootballDiehards magazine (Fantasy Football Pro Forecast) the other day.It made no mention of the ponzi scheme.It made no mention of crooked cops.It just said you was two straight-up blue collar guys.That whitewash does a great disservice to readers. This is the last year I purchase Fantasy Football Pro Forecast.
fantasy football magazine? what means this?

However, we choose to stay in business, to fight for what we believe in, to do whatever we can to make sure that we pay the people that we owe money to, and we are crucified by certain people time and time again. People who would apparently like to see us go out of business and file for bankruptcy. Hey, that would mean that our customers would have to find a new place to play.
Wow. What a burden. They'd have to find a place to play fantasy football on the internet. :rolleyes:

Wat?
In the other thread, it was mentioned that Golab is a Chicago police detective. Da Bears. Ka-Ching. What, me payout?

Bob,

A business's credibility and reputation are driven by what they do, not what they say. You can make as many excuses as you want, but you have customers that haven't been paid in over 2.5 years. That's what is going to stick with folks.

If you truly have good intentions, then I'd recommend keeping quiet and focusing on resolving your current financial issues. You are presenting yourself poorly and not helping your case or your organization's reputation.

I wish you the best of luck, but I wouldn't purchase a product or service from you right now. For your sake, hopefully you'll find some folks unaware of the situation and able to help you re-establish a place in the FF market.

This is an opportunity to show you are a stand up company and being able to rectify these unpaid accounts will go a long towards turning things around.

Users who are viewing this thread