What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (2 Viewers)

NFL Draft Scout's Dane Brugler believes Maryland junior WR D.J. Moore has day two potential.

Mel Kiper recently listed Moore as the second best receiver in the 2018 class, which is a major jump up from other evaluations we've seen. Kiper is from that area, so perhaps he knows something we don't. Moore is currently considering his NFL options.

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter 

Dec 11 - 11:25 AM

Notre Dame redshirt senior TE Durham Smythe has accepted an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Smythe has shown the ability to make plays as a receiver, but his best path to the NFL is his ability to block. The six-foot-six, 255-pound tight end did have a career best 18 yards per catch, and he scored four touchdowns in 2016. Draft Analyst's Durham Smythe currently projects the senior tight end to go in the sixth or seventh round.

Source: Reese's Senior Bowl 

Dec 11 - 9:30 PM

Oregon HC Mario Cristobal declined to speculate on whether senior RB Royce Freeman would play against Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl on Saturday.

"No update yet," Cristobal said. Freeman is apparently mulling the possibility of skipping the game to begin preparing for the NFL Draft. This could go either way: While the rumors and Cristobal's evasive statements would seem to indicate that there's a decent chance Freeman will sit, the star running back did practice with the Ducks on Tuesday. Boise State HC Bryan Harsin said he's preparing as though he'll face Freeman, but Harsin did ask media members if they thought Freeman would play, an indication of just how serious this possibility is. Freeman ranks No. 9 in the FBS with 1,475 rushing yards this year. He's also scored 16 touchdowns. Tony Brooks-James and Kani Benoit -- who are both healthy, per Cristobal -- would get the bulk of RB touches on Saturday if Freeman is out.

Source: Register-Guard 

Dec 13 - 5:53 PM

Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Five quarterbacks have accepted an invitation to the all-star game. Six is the standard number, but the event featured eight quarterbacks in 2016 so a few more names could be on the way... namely Baker Mayfield. At times, Rudolph has received plenty of love thanks to his touch and size. However, he and Mayfield have gone in different directions this season. A top two or three round pick might be in his future.

Source: Senior Bowl on Twitter 

Dec 13 - 11:10 AM

Boise State senior WR Cedrick Wilson caught 10 passes for 222 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 38-28 win over Oregon in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Just a masterful performance by Wilson, who repeatedly shredded the Ducks deep while showing an almost preternatural connection with QB Brett Rypien. The showing was all the more impressive for the fact that Wilson was hobbled at several points in the contest by an apparent leg injury. It didn't slow him one bit. The 6-foot-3, 183-pounder's 1,512 receiving yards for the season set a new single-season program record, toppling the mark set by Thomas Sperbeck during the 2015 campaign. Wilson is one of the more intriguing under-the-radar receiving prospects in the draft pool. Not only does he pique interest as a potential fifth wideout, he also should receive some looks as a return man. Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline believes a strong evaluating process -- particularly in terms of his 40-yard dash time -- could help to push him into the middle rounds come the spring.

I’m fairly certain must of us know him. Just because a player goes to a “small” school doesn’t mean he’s unknown lol.

Tex
Pretty sure ESPN isn't aiming that article at ffball dorks, so most casual fans probably don't know about him.  

South Dakota State senior TE Dallas Goedert hauled in five passes for 43 yards with a touchdown in a 51-16 loss to James Madison on Saturday in the FCS playoffs.

Goedert (6'4/260) had a decent day in the box score, but was mostly held in check by the impressive JMU defense. His score came with SDSU trailing 51-10, but it was an impressive 10-yard fade route where he showed off his impressive length and ability to high-point the football. Goedert will next be seen in the Senior Bowl, and a strong outing in those practices and the game could see him rank as the top tight end prospect in the country.

Colorado State senior WR Michael Gallup caught six passes for 68 yards in Saturday's 31-28 loss to Marshall in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.

Gallup (6'1/203) almost had himself a brilliant touchdown grab in the fourth quarter, but that was overturned on replay when it was determined that he was unable to get his foot down in bounds. For the campaign, the senior received Pro Football Focus' highest grade for any draft-eligible wideout. Draft Analyst's Chris Tripodi notes that the prolific receiver "plays physical football and knows how to use his size and strength to his advantage both as a receiver and running after the catch." While the outlet currently stamps Gallup with a fifth-round grade, he could catapult toward the late Day 2 conversation with a strong evaluating process. The Senior Bowl awaits him in January as he begins prep for his professional career.

DexterDew said:
I don't see any stud WRs, but there will be plenty of viable WR prospects taken the first two days (which means the landing spot will be even more important)
The WR's strike me very similar to the RB's in 2017.  There's a group of 4-6 guys in that early 2nd range that could end up blowing up and you can sell high.  Kamara, Foreman, Perine, Hunt, Jamaal Williams, Marlon Mack.  Now obviously some of those have carved out nice roles and look like studs so I'm not underselling this class of WR's until the book is written.  

Penn State redshirt senior WR DaeSean Hamilton accepted an invitation to the East-West Shrine Game.

Hamilton's most prolific season came during his redshirt freshman year in 2014, when he posted a 82-899-2 receiving line. For the current year, he has caught 48 passes for 747 yards and seven touchdowns. He has the requisite athleticism for the NFL and should see some interest on Day 3 depending on how his evaluating process plays out. Former Rams scout Danton Barto is particularly a fan of Hamilton's ability to bust things open with big plays.

Source: Shrine Game on Twitter

Greetings -

I have tabulated a lot of 2018 mock drafts (thanks Faust for the all the links) and averaged the data.  I took the average and got a generic VBD number based on ZWK's work (thanks ZWK). 

Info on ZWK’s methodology is at 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/755600-generic-rookie-rankings-2017/

I will try to update every month or so as Faust keeps the info flying.  Lots of questionable mocks, however I find it as a general guide and thought I would share.  Looks to be a top heavy RB rookie draft in 2018 dynasty.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KNg1GOaJFzCiBgYKxIjSqPtOdDdAf_oqwZnlg7nn_D8/edit?usp=sharing

M.
Ok updated this 12-17-2017 - raw data included on the google link.  Note that the data is skewed upward since it does not penalize a player if he is not on a list.  Lots and lots of RBs.... 

M.

Ok updated this 12-17-2017 - raw data included on the google link.  Note that the data is skewed upward since it does not penalize a player if he is not on a list.  Lots and lots of RBs.... 

M.
Thanks for doing this. I will compare to my board it looks interesting.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread