What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Andy Dufresne said:
What about football ability? Are Mayfield's stats just Big 12 inflated?
Yes. He’s a sub 6’ QB with a ten cent head playing against make believe defenses in a conference legendary for producing QB busts. Draft at your own risk. 

Yes. He’s a sub 6’ QB with a ten cent head playing against make believe defenses in a conference legendary for producing QB busts. Draft at your own risk. 
Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB Dec 4

In NYC for CollegeHOF event. Ran into a HC. Told me Baker Mayfield's the best college QB he's ever seen. "He's got incredible feet, accuracy & people don't realize just how tough he is. Biggest thing is his confidence level. He raises up everyone in that whole program."

Bracie Smathers said:

In NYC for CollegeHOF event. Ran into a HC. Told me Baker Mayfield's the best college QB he's ever seen. "He's got incredible feet, accuracy & people don't realize just how tough he is. Biggest thing is his confidence level. He raises up everyone in that whole program."
I’m still keeping a warm spot for Pete to get on this bandwagon! 

Tex

Bracie Smathers said:

Key word is college. Seen a lot of great college QBs who can’t hack the NFL. He’ll be one of them. 

Wyoming HC Craig Bohl believes it's "very probable" that redshirt junior QB Josh Allen (shoulder) will be healthy for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl versus Central Michigan on Dec. 22, and Allen declared that he'll play if healthy.

"The arrow is pointing up as far as his progression," Bohl said. "Is he 100 percent? I don’t know if that’s quite accurate, but he’s pretty far along. I’d say it is very probable that he’d be 100 percent (for the bowl game)." When asked if he'd play if healthy, Allen was unequivocal. "If I’m 100 percent, I’m playing in the game," he said. "I owe that to this university and to this team. I want to play. I’m not the type of guy to sit out just to sit out because of what the future may hold."

Source: wyosports.net 

Dec 5 - 2:56 PM

Arizona State RB Kalen Ballage accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Ballage is a freak athlete and even opened his collegiate career splitting time as an edge rusher. With that said, Ballage only topped 100 rushing yards once this season. It will be a great platform for Ballage to show his pass protecting and receiving skills.

Source: Senior Bowl on Twitter 

Dec 5 - 10:41 AM

Washington State QB Luke Falk will attend the Senior Bowl.

Falk opened the season with buzz thanks to plenty of production as part of an offensive powerhouse. However, that positivity has trailed off a bit thanks to a five-interception game against Cal and a three-interception performance when facing Washington. Separating Falk from his offense is crucial to his evaluation.

Source: Senior Bowl on Twitter 

Dec 5 - 10:22 AM

Missouri redshirt senior WR J'Mon Moore has accepted an invitation to play in the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Moore (6'3/205) was the leading receiver in the SEC in 2016, and while he didn't lead the conference in 2017, he did better his numbers with 62 catches for 1,017 yards and ten touchdowns. He was a huge part of Missouri's turnaround over the second-half of the season, and he'll be one of the more heavily scouted wideouts this January.

Source: Senior Bowl 

Dec 4 - 10:18 PM

Key word is college. Seen a lot of great college QBs who can’t hack the NFL. He’ll be one of them. 
Sports Illustrated‏Verified account @SInow 11h11 hours ago

An AFC scouting director on Baker Mayfield: 'I’ve heard comparisons to Brees, Manziel, Wilson, and there’s a little bit of all of them in his game. But he’s not Manziel in terms of the off-field stuff—he studies his ### off.'

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/05/2018-draft-baker-mayfield-first-round-russell-wilson-johnny-manziel?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Baker Mayfield Is a First-Round NFL Draft Pick

...Based on the conversations I’ve had over the last few months with dozens of scouts, as well as what I’ve seen with my own eyes, I think I can make this one pretty simple: Baker Mayfield should be a first-round pick.

...“Big-time competitor and winner,” texted an AFC exec. “He’s on the short side, but that’s O.K. He’s mobile. Accurate. Passionate. He’s gonna be good.”

... another AFC college scouting director put it, “is a problem only if a team wants to make it a problem. If a guy can make all the throws, it’s not. If it affects his play on the field, it is. Johnny didn’t see the field well because he didn’t prepare. The others know how to find windows and throwing lanes. They’re used to being 6-foot, and aware of the issues. I don’t think it’s a problem for Baker.”

These mocks that have the Colts taking a WR in the top 10 in this draft class are idiotic.

Which means it'll probably happen.
Colts are idiotic as they have done this before while totally ignoring OL and protecting their $100+ million investment. That being said, they take OL or they are idiots.

Stupid mock. No chance in hell that Darnold falls to #9. Hell, Elway takes him at 4. He knows he blundered with Lynch. Browns are dumb enough to think Lamar Jackson will be like Watson and pass on the real QBs.

Walter Football's Charlie Campbell reports that UCLA junior QB Josh Rosen is expected to forego his final year of eligibility to declare for the NFL Draft.

No real surprise, here. Assuming Rosen does declare (it would be a stunner if he does not), he will be in play to be the first quarterback selected -- and perhaps the first player selected, period -- come the spring draft. There's no disputing his obvious physical talents (he has the arm to make any throw), but character concerns and questions of demeanor are frequent demerits that we've heard regarding the junior. Campbell notes that "[t]here has been talk in the scouting community about Rosen having bad intangibles and being disliked by his teammates at UCLA, especially during his early time with the Bruins." The analyst does soften that a bit in passing along that Rosen has been trying to make strides in the locker room. While these character questions are almost certainly going to linger throughout the evaluating process, it is unlikely that they cause him to take a significant tumble. His upside is just too great.

Source: Walter Football 

Dec 6 - 4:55 PM

Oklahoma redshirt junior TE Mark Andrews won the John Mackey Award.

Andrews, the first Oklahoma player to ever win the award, bested Wisconsin senior Troy Fumagalli and Penn State senior Mike Gesicki for the hardware. Heading into the college football playoffs with potentially two games left to play, the 6-foot-5, 245-pound Andrews boasts a 58-904-8 (15.6 YPC) receiving line. While not the same type of physical freak that 2017 TEs O.J. Howard, David Njoku and Evan Engram were, Andrews is smooth, polished and dangerous as a receiver wherever he lines up. Oklahoma likes to move him around to find mismatches, sometimes putting Andrews in the slot. If he declares for the draft, he's looking at late-Round 1 or early-Day 2 grades. Andrews and Dallas Goedert would likely duke it out for TE1 duties if so.

Source: oudaily.com 

Dec 6 - 12:43 P

Trying to figure out if Mayfield makes Andrews better or Andrews makes Mayfield better.
They both are good, each feeding off one another. I planned to grab Andrews or Dallas with one of my late 1st round rookie picks. 

Tex

How can the guy be a HC when he’s only seen a few years of college football?

In a tweet, UCLA junior QB Josh Rosen said that he hasn't made a decision as of yet whether or not he'll enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Rosen's tweet was presumably in response to a Wednesday report from Walter Football's Charlie Campbell that the junior quarterback was going to enter the draft. "I have not made a decision, and I don't plan to do so anytime soon," Rosen says. It's still widely assumed that the quarterback will be entering the draft and likely will be one of the first quarterbacks off the board, but any reports that suggest that he's leaving may have been premature.

Source: Josh Rosen on Twitter 

Dec 7 - 10:51 PM

Stanford redshirt junior RB Bryce Love won the Doak Walker Award on Thursday.

Love beat out two Big Ten backs for the award for the top running back in the country: Wisconsin's Jonathan Taylor, and Penn State's Saquon Barkley. Despite being limited by an ankle injury late in the year, Love still put up spectacular numbers; rushing for 1,973 yards and 17 touchdowns on a sensational 8.3 yards-per-carry. He'll look to go over the magical two thousand yard mark in their bowl game against Oklahoma State in the Alamo Bowl.

Source: ESPN Madison on Twitter 

Dec 7 - 8:13 PM

Oklahoma State senior WR James Washington took home the Fred Biletnikoff Award on Thursday.

Colorado State's Michael Gallup West Virginia's David Sills were the other finalist for the award, which rewards the top receiver in the country regardless of position. The senior wideout was dominant in 2017, hauling in 69 passes for 1,423 yards and scoring 12 touchdowns. He's a legit candidate for the first round in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Source: Oklahoma State Football on Twitter 

Dec 7 - 8:04 PM

South Carolina junior TE Hayden Hurst announced that he will forego his senior season to enter the NFL Draft.

Gamecocks HC Will Muschamp had already said in mid-November that Hurst would be declaring for the draft, with the 6-foot-5, 253-pounder officially tossing his hat into the ring on Thursday. He was just named first-team All-SEC. Hurst initially joined South Carolina as a walk-on after struggling through two years in the Pittsburgh Pirates' minor league system after he was drafted out of high school in 2012. Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline writes that the big tight end is "not a blazer but has enough speed to stretch the seam and possesses the size and strength to be a blocking asset at the next level." Pauline currently grades him as a fifth- or sixth-rounder.

Source: The State 

Dec 7 - 3:24 PM

South Dakota State senior WR Jake Wieneke snagged nine passes for 140 yards with two touchdowns and rushed for another score in a 56-14 throttling of New Hampshire on Saturday.

With star tight end Dallas Goedert (lower leg) out, Wieneke stepped up and showed why so many believe he's one of the better FCS prospects in this class. His first score was a 48-yard end-around that gave the Jackrabbits a 14-0 lead in the first quarter. He also scored on a 32-yard strike from quarterback Taryn Christion in the third, and Christion found him again in the fourth for a ten-yard score. If Weineke (6'4/215) perorms well at the East-West Shrine Game and at his pro day, he could be an early Day 3 selection this spring.

Is Saquon at this point the #1 pick in dynasty next year, subject obviously to changing after the draft. 

Wisconsin senior TE Troy Fumagalli will play in the Orange Bowl against Miami on Dec. 30.

Fumagalli (6'6/248) was asked if he planned on sitting out the bowl to protect his health for the draft, but he shot that down in no uncertain terms, saying, "I can't imagine myself doing that." Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline grades him as a fourth-round prospect for the draft, but the positional class isn't as deep as last year's monster tight end assorment, which could potentially push him up the board into Day 2 simply due to scarcity.

Source: Zach Heilprin on Twitter 

Dec 10 - 3:15 PM

Wisconsin senior TE Troy Fumagalli will play in the Orange Bowl against Miami on Dec. 30.

Fumagalli (6'6/248) was asked if he planned on sitting out the bowl to protect his health for the draft, but he shot that down in no uncertain terms, saying, "I can't imagine myself doing that." Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline grades him as a fourth-round prospect for the draft, but the positional class isn't as deep as last year's monster tight end assortment, which could potentially push him up the board into Day 2 simply due to scarcity.

Source: Zach Heilprin on Twitter 

Dec 10 - 3:15 PM

I highly doubt Buffalo goes Lamar Jackson, seems like a Tyrod clone to me and they hate Tyrod for unwarranted reasons.  

Users who are viewing this thread