What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past WCF is the closest Chris Paul will ever come to not choking. That's just a fact. And then in the end, his body choked before his mind got the chance anways. The dude will always come up short.
Thats what happens when youre more concerned about crying and trying to figure out what excuses to use why you lost. 

This past WCF is the closest Chris Paul will ever come to not choking. That's just a fact. And then in the end, his body choked before his mind got the chance anways. The dude will always come up short.
That isn't the point, the point was everyone was saying how easy the Warriors have it and no one had a chance. If you take a team to 7 games you haveca chance and it wasn't easy for the other team. 

I wasn't clear and I apologize, but I was talking about this past year. The Warriors winning wasn't a given and they got lucky the survived the WCFinals. 

This year I think it might be an easiest road for them as the Rockets got weaker and a year older and LeBron joined a new team with a harder path to even possible play the Warriors. 
Hard to bet against Golden State, it is a shame they didn't face a healthy Rockets for 7 games

Just so hard to beat a team like they have constructed.   And now they have Cousins?  Just ridiculous.

Does anyone think Silver is starting to shift his position that he isn't worried about competitive balance yet? He's definitely sweating right now.
No way this is perfect.  You're going to have people who jump all over the Warriors bandwagon, and those who are going to desperately root against them.  This is perfect fro the NBA.  

The issue with the NBA is it's all about star power. In football you don't always need the best team to win a SB or Hockey the best player. Heck even soccer the best clubs don't always win the league (Hello Leicester City!!!!). However in Basketball the impact even one star player has in your chances of winning is much much greater then having none or a bunch of B level players. It use to be adding 1 big name with your already star player made you unstoppable. Now you need a trio of superstars to even have a shot. Next year those trio of superstars just wins you a sweepstakes of losing to Golden state in 4 games that probably won't be anywhere close unless the NBA wants to give one of their fixed games a call to add to some ratings. 
The NBA doesn't fix games, despite what Whitey from the local watering hole has heard.

can't keep up with thread, but this is interesting:

Chris Haynes✔@ChrisBHaynes

ESPN Sources: Portland and New Orleans had discussed the possibility of a sign-and-trade for DeMarcus Cousins, but a road block existed since he shares the same agent as RFA Jusuf Nurkic.

wonder what the potential deal was?

Lol nice try, and obviously they can't win because they didn't make the playoffs. The Steelers have done it as the last team in, so have the Packers, and Giants recently.  The Cardinals and Twins did it in baseball with .500 teams, the Kings did it as an 8 seed a few years ago. The list goes on and on. 
Thanks for making my point :lmao:

People set terrible lines all the time. Warriors have the two best players on the court, 3 point shooters and a dominant center. They’d put Love in the washer just like they have for four straight seasons. 
I'm not disagreeing with your position.  I just provided the link as proof I wasn't making it up.  I would imagine that a lot of people would bet the East simply because it's a whole conference vs a single team.  

I wonder what it would be if James was still on Cleveland

People set terrible lines all the time. Warriors have the two best players on the court, 3 point shooters and a dominant center. They’d put Love in the washer just like they have for four straight seasons. 
Not that it matters but I don't see Love getting a lot of minutes in this hypothetical. He's definitely not starting. 

Cousins was hurt and confused he had no offers - not even from the Pelicans per ESPN.

Yeah, it's the Warriors fault your team sucks.
Does he really move the needle all that much? Not like he's known for being in great shape and that injury is no joke. What's he gonna get, 20 minutes a game? 

I heard it came down to Boston and GS.I'm sure Cousins wanted big money from other teams and I can't blame them for not signing him. Dominique is the only player to come back from this type of injury and play at a high level.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard it came down to Boston and GS.I'm sure Cousins wanted big money from other teams and I can't blame them for not signing him. Domonique is the only player to come back from this type of injury and play at a high level.
Man Dominique Swain was pretty hot for a while there. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread