What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Not that he would have counted for me, but it doesn't look like the Calcomatic has Equanimeous St. Brown loaded into the database.  His score is still showing zero for today.

Rank 3976 (Score: 164.3) before OT

Moved up 493 Teams, Lots of teams close, Monday Night going to be a roller coaster for a lot of teams

W Lutz PK NO 1040

A Kamara RB NO 722

B Watson TE NO 719

D Brees QB NO 698

T Smith WR NO 626

Saints DT NO 597

M Thomas WR NO 550

T Ginn WR NO 258

M Ingram RB NO 243

C Meredith WR NO 206

T West RB NO 10

A Smith QB WAS 638

D Hopkins PK WAS 607

J Reed TE WAS 547

Redskins DT WAS 268

C Thompson RB WAS 253

J Crowder WR WAS 245

V Davis TE WAS 193

S Perine RB WAS 143

P Richardson WR WAS 138

J Doctson WR WAS 130

D Guice RB WAS 8

So before any other guys that are out that I am not accounting for there are 8,825 player games left or an average of 1.177 per entry.

-QG

Updated (Ownership percentages are from start of the contest.)

For all my nervousness about RBs they came through this week and my WRs were absolute trash.  Still on track to advance though.

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15  7.60%  (used 0)

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13  19.10%  #16 Owned (used 2)

QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6  19.60%  #15 Owned (used 3)

Lower than usual for this bunch but a solid number.  Stafford is on by next week so will remain unused at least until week 7.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35  7.89% (used 5)

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26  28.40%  #6 Owned (used 4)

RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16  35.08%  #5 Owned (used 2)

RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8  41.12%   #1 Owned (used 0)

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4  35.84%  #4 Owned (used 2)

RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3  3.76% (used 0 - hasn't dressed yet)

RB - Jeremy Hill - NE/11 - $3  8.72% (used 0 - he's out for the year)

Conner comes back to life.  Gotta enjoy it while I can

WR - Marvin Jones - DET/6 - $20  5.03% (used 2)

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13  36.70%  #2 Owned (used 0)

WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6  15.09%  #31 Owned (used 0)

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6  13.86%  #35 Owned (used 3)

WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6  21.05%  #13 Owned (used 5)

WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5  7.48% (used 3)

WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5  24.43%  #11 Owned (used 1)

WR - Chad Williams - ARI/9 - $3  0.67% (used 0)

WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2  12.26%  #45 Owned (used 2)

Brown was my top WR this week with 9.80 points :scared:   Looks like I survived Godwin's bye week and Goodwin and Ross being injured.  Marvin Jones took his bye a week early.

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14  25.58%  #10 Owned (3 used)

TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12  20.08%  #14 Owned (1 used)

TE - Ricky Seals-Jones - ARI/9 - $7  10.52%  #60 Owned (1 used)

TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3  3.06% (1 used)

First time I get a flex out of this bunch and first time Njoku or Vannett counts (though Vannett only had 8.80).  Apparently RSJ was 0 for 6 on targets :unsure: But survived Burton's bye week.

PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4  16.93%  #23 Owned  (used 1)

PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3  13.67%  #37 Owned (used 1.5)

PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2  18.33%  #18 Owned (used 2.5)

Butker finally gets used, edging out Fairbairn by 0.4.  Lambo managed only 2 this week and is further affirmation of keeping more than 2 at this position - you never know when a guy is gonna come up dry.

TD - Jets - Jets/11 - $3  2.97% (used 1)

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  7.77% (used 2)

TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2  7.11% (used 1)

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2  22.17%  #12 Owned (used 1)

Bengals went off for 21.0 this week with the defense roaring to life in the 4th quarter.  The other 3 teams put up 6 (Jets, Browns) or 1 (Raiders).  Again glad I have 4.

I think the RB situation is going to hold me back from serious contention. 

But maybe Conner snaps out of it and proves me wrong.

Conner set about proving me wrong.

On to Week 6!

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ownership of remaining guys pretty spread out - no category killer dudes.  Biggest effect on cut-line will be if multiple different guys go off.

-QG

Name                 Weeks used

Jameis Winston      0 bye done

Eli Manning             2

Joe Flacco               3

Ezekiel Elliott           4

Saquon Barkley      5

Christian McCaffrey 4  bye done

Royce Freeman       0  

Peyton Barber         0 bye done

Will Fuller               3

Marquise Goodwin 0 hurt

Tyler Lockett           3

Paul Richardson     0   bye done

John Brown           5

John Ross             2   Hurt

Cordarrelle Patterson 1

Jimmy Graham      3

O.J. Howard           3 bye done but hurt

Austin Hooper       2

Dustin Hopkins      1     bye done

Sebastian Janikowski 0

Kaimi Fairbairn       4

Chicago Bears       3 bye done

Washington Redskins 0    bye done

Cleveland Browns 2

70 dollar out of 250 have had byes

JoeSteeler said:
Done at 165.95...hopefully it is enough
:lmao:

Seriously guys?  You've been here long enough to know the cutline isn't moving 22 pts and that's before factoring in the low ownership percentages tomorrow night.  There could be 120 points scored tomorrow night and the cut isn't moving 22 pts.

:lmao:

Seriously guys?  You've been here long enough to know the cutline isn't moving 22 pts and that's before factoring in the low ownership percentages tomorrow night.  There could be 120 points scored tomorrow night and the cut isn't moving 22 pts.
so.... will it move 11+?   :unsure:

so.... will it move 11+?   :unsure:
It's rare that it moves 11+.  Would take a very high scoring game late in the year or when the byes and injuries are in full force.  Most everyone has scores posted so the guys won't even start counting until later in the game.

Rank: 5252 (Score: 155) ahead of 998 teams all would have to pass you, Id guess thats a Max probably around 8
And of those 998, 200+ are likely done, so the real cushion is 1200 teams back.  And 40 of the teams between 998 and 1200 are likely done so now you're at 1240 for the real gap  Same reason why the cut is usually at 0 after the Thursday game.

So all I need is for Hopkins to kick 10 field goals.  Should be no problem.
Yea i kinda feel your pain - just not as much. Hopkins is all I have left and I'm like .60 below the cut off. Would have to be a low scoring game and a few FGs from him to have a chance......

I AM DOOMED!  

While I still have 3 NOS Players (Brees, T Smith & Lutz), I am  just over 15 below cut line..... 

My WR were a serious disappointment this week... Julio (11) and A Cooper (2) since Goodwin (out) and Godwin (bye)

Tre'Quan Smith (my flyer) has the best chance to be used replacing Cooper's dud. 

ETA: Rank 7078 with Cutoff listed at 6250 

So I have to move up >828 spots to remain? 

cjack said:
Not that he would have counted for me, but it doesn't look like the Calcomatic has Equanimeous St. Brown loaded into the database.  His score is still showing zero for today.
I'll check it out - thanks!

ETA: It should be good now!

I'm currently under the cut by 1.75 :(

cut 143.75  :kicksrock:

me 142 + (A. Smith -15.2) + (J. Reed - 6.2)   :unsure:

if Alex Smith and Jordan Reed hit their average fantasy points I will get to ~159  :mellow:

I AM DOOMED!  

While I still have 3 NOS Players (Brees, T Smith & Lutz), I am  just over 15 below cut line..... 

My WR were a serious disappointment this week... Julio (11) and A Cooper (2) since Goodwin (out) and Godwin (bye)

Tre'Quan Smith (my flyer) has the best chance to be used replacing Cooper's dud. 

ETA: Rank 7078 with Cutoff listed at 6250 

So I have to move up >828 spots to remain? 
With a 0 at kicker so far, Lutz is probably more likely to help you than Smith.  

Done at 184.8 for the week, as my only player for tonite is Ginn, who has already been ruled out.  John Brown has counted for me all 5 weeks.  I finally got to use Ryan Griffin.

I said there were popular studs still in play, there were.  There are.
Like who?

Based on original ownership...

Lutz at 42nd?

A. Smith 63rd?

Brees at 72nd?

Watson at 77th?

NO at 91st?

Reed at 96th?

What's stunning is the unpopularity of Wash/NO players.  Stunning from a statistically standpoint, not a reality of where the margins were.

Maybe we are just defining things differently and hence reaching different conclusions.

Reviewing last night...Fairbairn 18, Miller 27 Gallup 31, Fuller 73, Elliot 94.

This is why the line only moved about 4 pts last night.  The players were under represented in quantity and the quality was thin and loaded towards the bottom.

There's a little more potential for movement tonight, but that is somewhat offset by scores that were posted by owners last night having to be eclipsed tonight. 

Like who?

Lutz at 42nd?

A. Smith 63rd?

Brees at 72nd?

Watson at 77th?

NO at 91st?

Reed at 96th?

What's stunning is the unpopularity of Wash/NO players.  Stunning from a statistically standpoint, not a reality of where the margins were.

Maybe we are just defining things differently and hence reaching different conclusions.

This is why the line only moved about 4 pts last night.  The players were under represented in quantity and the quality was thin and loaded towards the bottom.

There's a little more potential for movement tonight, but that is somewhat offset by scores that were posted by owners last night having to be eclipsed tonight. 
You asked if there was a chance.  There was.

This isn't a big deal.

Are we putting in "wish requests now"?  I need Brees to light it up in 2 leagues and here to have a chance! 
What scores do Brees Smith and Lutz have to beat for them to count?  I think you have a shot if the numbers to beat are reasonable.

-QG

Like who?

Lutz at 42nd?

A. Smith 63rd?

Brees at 72nd?

Watson at 77th?

NO at 91st?

Reed at 96th?

This makes me feel a little better.  With last night's 4.5 point move, I'm 5.5 above the cut.  I have Alex Smith (-6.45) going against a NO defense that's given up the second most passing TDs per game so far this season.  (Of course, that's the kiss of death, right?).  

Tyrod and Eli each scored 19.xx against the Saints with one TD each.  I'd hope that would be enough to move on, but two would allow me to breathe easier, and maybe even go to bed.

This makes me feel a little better.  With last night's 4.5 point move, I'm 5.5 above the cut.  I have Alex Smith (-6.45) going against a NO defense that's given up the second most passing TDs per game so far this season.  (Of course, that's the kiss of death, right?).  

Tyrod and Eli each scored 19.xx against the Saints with one TD each.  I'd hope that would be enough to move on, but two would allow me to breathe easier, and maybe even go to bed.
You can go to bed as soon as you see Smith isn't on the inactive list around 7 tonight

What scores do Brees Smith and Lutz have to beat for them to count?  I think you have a shot if the numbers to beat are reasonable.

-QG
Brees needs to surpass Matt Ryan (21.25); T Smith only has to pass A Cooper (2.0) to be used; Lutz is by default going to count as my other PK's are zero (Parkey - bye & Z Gonzalez - FA)

But just passing those won't be enough to really push me into staying ...  I need a bit more to stay. 

Sitting pretty this week at 176 + Watson and Ginn

Still need more from my WRs to have a realistic shot.  Also, going to take a hit at RB when Leveon comes back and Conner's touches are limited.

I don't think my team has much of a shot right now, but glad I'm not getting bounced early.

Like who?

Lutz at 42nd?

Brees at 72nd?

I am surprised that a historically high scoring offense like NOS wouldn't have more takers on Brees & Lutz

I imagine the below par 2017 has lingering effects of selections. 

Sitting pretty this week at 176 + Watson and Ginn
You understand Ginn is out for tonight.... 

Ted Ginn (knee) has been ruled out for Week 5 against the Redskins.

Ginn has been playing through knee issues the past few games. He didn't practice all week, so it sounds like there's something more serious going on. It's possible the Saints' Week 6 bye played a role in Ginn sitting. Ginn's absence will open up targets for Tre'Quan Smith and Cameron Meredith behind Michael Thomas. Oct 6 - 3:53 PM

I don't think my team has much of a shot right now, but glad I'm not getting bounced early.
Exactly how I feel at this point.  Not gonna win the contest, but other than one week I haven't had much of a sweat so far.  Dalvin Cook is my most expensive player so I'm just hoping all the other Cook owners get knocked out now, and then he can get healthy and go on a tear later in the season.  

Exactly how I feel at this point.  Not gonna win the contest, but other than one week I haven't had much of a sweat so far.  Dalvin Cook is my most expensive player so I'm just hoping all the other Cook owners get knocked out now, and then he can get healthy and go on a tear later in the season.  
I think a lot of the early weeks is just getting rid of the people who don't put much time into it.  Maybe someone filled it out quickly and didn't relook at it and had some injured guys on there.  I'm sure there's quite a few of those people who get bounced week 1 and 2. 

Now is where it should start getting a little tougher to make the cut. 

Has anyone tracked how much the cut off line moves after the MNF game?

I'm up about 13 points but I have no one tonight.  Actually, that's a lie.  I have Ben Watson but don't expect anything from him. I just wonder that if this is a shootout and Brees, Kamara, Thomas, Alex Smith, etc. all blow up....how much does that cut off line increase.

You can go to bed as soon as you see Smith isn't on the inactive list around 7 tonight
I resent that.  Just because I go to the 4:00 early bird special doesn't mean that I got to bed at 7:00.  I like to watch the nightly news and then Pat and Vanna first.   :sleep:

143.85 afterI Imgram TD and Catch and run also, wont go up much until 2nd half

M Ingram RB NO 243 owners Happy

I'm currently under the cut by 1.75 :(

cut 143.75  :kicksrock:

me 142 + (A. Smith -15.2) + (J. Reed - 6.2)   :unsure:

if Alex Smith and Jordan Reed hit their average fantasy points I will get to ~159  :mellow:
I also have T. Smith NO WR which I didn't bother to list because he hasn't done anything so far this year.... so I am now sitting at 6 points above the cutline  :lmao: :thumbup: :excited: :clap:

143.85 afterI Imgram TD and Catch and run also, wont go up much until 2nd half

M Ingram RB NO 243 owners Happy

Moved 2.4 points with 39 pts on the board.  Can we use some common sense on the cut line moving 25 pts over SNF/MNF going forward?

I also have T. Smith NO WR which I didn't bother to list because he hasn't done anything so far this year.... so I am now sitting at 6 points above the cutline  :lmao: :thumbup: :excited: :clap:
I wasn't expecting much of T. Smith either, figuring my team was already in the barn.  But, Smith has now edged out Breida for my last flex spot and put me over the 200 point threshold.  I already have a decent stable of young WR's, but it's nice seeing Smith and St. Brown getting more involved this week.

Feeling better about my crew of Gordon, Fuller, Golladay, Ridley, Cole, Gallup, Ross, Smith and St. Brown now.

If one or two of my young TE's can step up down the road, my team might have some potential.

ETA:  Even better!!

Moved 2.4 points with 39 pts on the board.  Can we use some common sense on the cut line moving 25 pts over SNF/MNF going forward?
I don't think anyone said it would. 

Is this what that was all about?  I think you seriously misunderstood somewhere along the line.

Users who are viewing this thread