What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (1 Viewer)

Just got back from a hiking in trip in the Rockies, and I brought back some flower with me.  Until now, I've been edibles-only because they're discrete and I can consume them whenever I want without needing to take any special steps to control the odor, but I felt like I was potentially missing out by totally ignoring flower.  Fortunately, mason jars pretty much completely eliminate any smell from the room where I keep my stash.  Also, I sprung for a good dry herb vaporizer for a healthy alternative to combustion, and it turns out to be more or less odor-free as well.  I took a couple of draws in the same room as my wife just to show her how it works -- she has no interest in weed but doesn't have any problem with my indulgence -- and she claims that she couldn't smell the vapor even though she was standing right there.  (I can't tell whether it smells or not because I can sure taste the hell out of it, but I have noticed that any smell seems to be totally gone within a couple of hours at the most, so that's nice).  

This weekend I experimented a bit with a strain that was listed at 18% THC (Meat Breath).  I happen to know that that's kind of on the low end for this particular strain.  I bought it from a budget-oriented place, and the prepackaged nugs were small and kind of popcorny when I opened them up.  Can't argue with the effects though.  It's an indica and definitely produces a more chill experience than edibles. 

I made two other stops at higher-end dispensaries and picked up two other strains that I haven't sampled yet.  One is a 22% THC indica (Space Cake), and the other is a 33% THC sativa (Grape Stomper).  I'm actually kind of intimidated by the latter but looking forward to it.  Both look gorgeous -- great color, large buds, and they look like they just came out of the freezer with all the trichomes.  This certainly seems like a "you get what you pay for" thing.  The budget place sold me B- weed at a very fair price, and the other two places sold me what looks like A+ weed also at an equitable but obviously higher price.  
Next time you come to the Twin Cities to see your son, you should...ummm....bring me some stuff from your sweet progressive state of South Dakota?

:)

Herb said:
I've switched most of my consumption to cartridges,  as they are beyond discreet, have a much more subtle buzz, make almost no smell, and I don't have to worry about keeping a lighter and a stinky piece around. However, I'm noticing that the effects of the cartridges seem much more limited than flower. 2 pinchies of the usual stuff I get will have me flying. The cartridges don't seem to quite get me there, no matter how much I have or what it is.

I'm heading to Colorado in a few days, but won't have time to hit any dispensaries in the Denver area, I'll be out near Leadville/ Buena Vista.  Any good recommendations for flower or some cartridges that might work a bit better? I've found a couple of dispensaries,  but would welcome suggestions for those too.
I find the exact same with carts. They work well enough for discreet Ness and ease, but just doesn't get THERE like flower. I utilize both depending on situations. 

I remember when sinsimillia first hit the main land. I remember when columbian red and gold were the Sativa and Indica for 35 an oz and a 4 finger mexican lid was 20 bux , unless of course it was Oaxacan . Blonde hash and opium with white tracings were optimal. I was a criminal...according to USA...but I knew better, but alcohol was legal...luckily for me not fatal. 

With Amazon making marijuana a non fireable offense there is hope I can enjoy before I retire...not an Amazon employee but I work in a major company that rides in their wake. So until my dog passes, or I marry up...I sit and watch the world get well...and maintain with some great bourbon...and the occasional Orange County special...burn em if you have them my friends. 

edit to add...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_96cCukoklc

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from a hiking in trip in the Rockies, and I brought back some flower with me.  Until now, I've been edibles-only because they're discrete and I can consume them whenever I want without needing to take any special steps to control the odor, but I felt like I was potentially missing out by totally ignoring flower.  Fortunately, mason jars pretty much completely eliminate any smell from the room where I keep my stash.  Also, I sprung for a good dry herb vaporizer for a healthy alternative to combustion, and it turns out to be more or less odor-free as well.  I took a couple of draws in the same room as my wife just to show her how it works -- she has no interest in weed but doesn't have any problem with my indulgence -- and she claims that she couldn't smell the vapor even though she was standing right there.  (I can't tell whether it smells or not because I can sure taste the hell out of it, but I have noticed that any smell seems to be totally gone within a couple of hours at the most, so that's nice).  

This weekend I experimented a bit with a strain that was listed at 18% THC (Meat Breath).  I happen to know that that's kind of on the low end for this particular strain.  I bought it from a budget-oriented place, and the prepackaged nugs were small and kind of popcorny when I opened them up.  Can't argue with the effects though.  It's an indica and definitely produces a more chill experience than edibles. 

I made two other stops at higher-end dispensaries and picked up two other strains that I haven't sampled yet.  One is a 22% THC indica (Space Cake), and the other is a 33% THC sativa (Grape Stomper).  I'm actually kind of intimidated by the latter but looking forward to it.  Both look gorgeous -- great color, large buds, and they look like they just came out of the freezer with all the trichomes.  This certainly seems like a "you get what you pay for" thing.  The budget place sold me B- weed at a very fair price, and the other two places sold me what looks like A+ weed also at an equitable but obviously higher price.  
You bought ounces??  Baller!

Did you fly or drive??

Did you fly or drive??
Drive.  I like driving and generally prefer to drive any trip in the ~10 hour range if I can be assured of good road conditions.  

Obviously there's some risk in transporting pot through states where it's still illegal, but it's not like I just tossed it in my car and drove home straight from the dispensary.  My car would have smelled like something out of a Cheech & Chong movie by the time I got to the WY border.  I double-ziploc'ed all of it just before departure, placed it all in a skunk bag, and put that in my suitcase.  No smell at all, although the skunk bag about knocked me over when I unzipped it at home.  Combine good odor control with religious adherence to traffic laws and I figure I'm good.  I don't have have stones to try to get something like this through airport security and wouldn't even know how to do so.

the moops said:
Next time you come to the Twin Cities to see your son, you should...ummm....bring me some stuff from your sweet progressive state of South Dakota?

:)
Our legalization amendment is currently on hold pending a state supreme court ruling.  My state's governor really sucks.  :(  

"I remember when sinsimillia first hit the main land. I remember when columbian red and gold were the Sativa and Indica for 35 an oz and a 4 finger mexican lid was 20 bux , unless of course it was Oaxacan . Blonde hash and opium with white tracings were optimal. I was a criminal...according to USA...but I knew better, but alcohol was legal...luckily for me not fatal. "

I'm with you.  I used to deal at these prices in the 70's.  I was turning over a half pound a day. Quit dealing when a county cop I'd run with in high school got word to me that they had a bug on my home and work phones.  Never got popped. Jamaican Gold was my favorite but harder to find than the Columbian Red.  

Now to my question- I'm in North Carolina and not smoking (recently moved and no connections).  Anyone know the possibilities of legally ordering edible gummies from the west coast dispensaries?  Should I expect USPS cops to come to my house if they're found in shipping?  

I've switched most of my consumption to cartridges,  as they are beyond discreet, have a much more subtle buzz, make almost no smell, and I don't have to worry about keeping a lighter and a stinky piece around. However, I'm noticing that the effects of the cartridges seem much more limited than flower. 2 pinchies of the usual stuff I get will have me flying. The cartridges don't seem to quite get me there, no matter how much I have or what it is.

I'm heading to Colorado in a few days, but won't have time to hit any dispensaries in the Denver area, I'll be out near Leadville/ Buena Vista.  Any good recommendations for flower or some cartridges that might work a bit better? I've found a couple of dispensaries,  but would welcome suggestions for those too.
I definitely find cartridges to be hit and miss. Currently I like Cannalope Haze by Puraearth. I do find that I like the Sativa and Hybrid cartridges more than Indica.

"I remember when sinsimillia first hit the main land. I remember when columbian red and gold were the Sativa and Indica for 35 an oz and a 4 finger mexican lid was 20 bux , unless of course it was Oaxacan . Blonde hash and opium with white tracings were optimal. I was a criminal...according to USA...but I knew better, but alcohol was legal...luckily for me not fatal. "

I'm with you.  I used to deal at these prices in the 70's.  I was turning over a half pound a day. Quit dealing when a county cop I'd run with in high school got word to me that they had a bug on my home and work phones.  Never got popped. Jamaican Gold was my favorite but harder to find than the Columbian Red.  

Now to my question- I'm in North Carolina and not smoking (recently moved and no connections).  Anyone know the possibilities of legally ordering edible gummies from the west coast dispensaries?  Should I expect USPS cops to come to my house if they're found in shipping?  
I'd use FedEx.  their attitude is a lot more "it's none of our business what's in there" than the post office.  

I'd use FedEx.  their attitude is a lot more "it's none of our business what's in there" than the post office.  
Just had this discussion with a friend going to Vegas this week. He travels a lot to places where weed is legal and just Fed-Ex's goodies back to himself here in Texas. No signature needed, and it sometimes beats him home.

I did some personal research on this exact topic about a year ago.  What I learned is that people send weed through the USPS all the time.  There are flags that might result in your package getting some scrutiny -- hand-written labels with a non-business return address would be one that most people wouldn't think of -- but my takeaway was that this is do-able.  Please know that I never actually did this, have no first-hand experience with this, and I'm just relaying stuff that I picked up from scouring the internet so YMMV.

Use USPS, not FedEx or UPS.  USPS needs probable cause to open your package because it's an arm of the federal government.  Private carriers don't.  (There is a counterargument here that FedEx and UPS don't really care about weed, but from what I gathered, virtually all drug dealers use USPS for 4th amendment reasons). 

It seems especially easy to send edibles through the mail because there's no smell, and x-rays have no way of differentiating between infused edibles and regular food.  If you're worried about it, you dress up an edibles package to look like a care package for a college student or something for x-ray purposes.  

Be advised that processing centers can get very warm during the summer.  Chocolate is a very bad idea.  Gummies may melt too but that's not such a big deal I suppose. 

My understanding is that even if your package gets intercepted, the most likely outcome is a nasty letter from postal inspectors.  Obviously don't try to appeal anything or talk to anybody in that event.  Law enforcement mainly gets involved when dealing with quantities that bring "intent to distribute" into play.  Otherwise they don't bother because so many people send drugs through the mail that they don't have the resources to deal with personal use quantities.  Obviously this is a dice roll, but still. 

The main problem with your plan is that no dispensary in any adult use state will ship to you.  It's illegal under federal law, it's almost certainly illegal under the law of their own state, and they'll lose their license.  You need a buddy to help you out.  

That’s a staple at dispensaries but I’ve never ordered it just because the name is both dumb and unappealing. Zero chance I order Meat Breath over Citrix, Blue Dream or Ice Cream Cake.
It literally smells and tastes like salami that's been in the refrigerator two days too long.  Not joking.  Doesn't bother me at all, but it's odd.

It literally smells and tastes like salami that's been in the refrigerator two days too long.  Not joking.  Doesn't bother me at all, but it's odd.
Interesting. It’s a cross of Meatloaf and something else. There’s a Garlic Breath as well. I’ll stick to my Gelatto and Mimosa and Sundae Driver.

I do find that I like the Sativa and Hybrid cartridges more than Indica.
Agreed though I don't typically prefer indica anyway. I also find that the sativa cartridges seem to be more prone to gumming up than the other varieties,  but that's anecdotal evidence with a small sample size of stuff from CA and MI.

When you guys are talking about liking carts, do you mean the high, the taste, the value or something else?
All of the above. Super discrete, almost no smell within a few seconds of hitting it. Very tasty, less harsh than flower. Value depends on where and when you get it, I'm finding. I have overpaid for carts in the past, but I can't be choosy coming from MN. I have to grab the limited opportunities I have. The buzz is more subtle and easier to moderate than flower. I know you've had those "ton of bricks" hits,  where you're feeling good but then you take that one last rip that just launches you into orbit. That will definitely not happen with a cart. It won't get you there.

As for all of these statements,  I am but one guy with pretty limited experience,  YMMV.

If you are worried about taste, smell and/or don’t like to smoke, I highly recommend CanTabs by Pure Tonic.  Only 5mg per tablet, so I take 4-8 tablets.  Also very discreet - like taking Aspirin.  They have Sativa, Indica, hybrid and CBD tablets.

I like to drink with a sip of soda (Pepsi, Coca-cola, whatever) as it hides even the smallest taste and makes them dissolve instantly.

All of the above. Super discrete, almost no smell within a few seconds of hitting it. Very tasty, less harsh than flower. Value depends on where and when you get it, I'm finding. I have overpaid for carts in the past, but I can't be choosy coming from MN. I have to grab the limited opportunities I have. The buzz is more subtle and easier to moderate than flower. I know you've had those "ton of bricks" hits,  where you're feeling good but then you take that one last rip that just launches you into orbit. That will definitely not happen with a cart. It won't get you there.

As for all of these statements,  I am but one guy with pretty limited experience,  YMMV.
Oh I meant, liking one particular cart vs another. I am definitely team vape. 

The Gator said:
Heavy Hitters and Stiiizy are very solid carts 
I don't think I have ever seen those brands in Michigan. It seems like carts are more regional or even State by State. I think most of the ones I use are made in State. 

Tried my Hybrid cart last night, and that was better than expected.   Still a decent, relaxing buzz, but I was a tad more awake vs. the indica that puts me to sleep in about 25min.  

I think it is Lemon Meringue Kush #6?    The other Hybrid I got was Slurricrasher.  

I have smoked, have gummied... its fine.  I'll do it again in the future.

Just please - if you smoke, don't make it what you identify as.  Have the capacity to talk about something else.  You look and sound like like the biggest dbag ever.

I sometimes spend $300 in a month.  It's expensive in Cali if you don't grow your own or have a homeboy hook-up.

But I have a plan to cut my bill.  Last night, I rushed to the dispensary before closing time and after two female budtenders jostled to check me out, I thought, hmm, this would be a good place to work.  Nearly every employee is a hot chick who likes to chill.  I just submitted my application.

Oh I meant, liking one particular cart vs another. I am definitely team vape. 
The stuff I've gotten from MI has been decent, not as good as the stuff from CA. Jury still out on the ones I brought back from CO. I was only able to hit one dispensary while I was there, and the only cartridge they had that wasn't indica was a hybrid called UK Cheese. Decent stuff, not great, but value was spectacular at $20 for a half-gram cart. Last time I was in MI, I spent $70 for half-gram carts, although the selection was far superior. Unfortunately, I can't really remember the names of the ones I most enjoyed, as I bought a variety; other than the Pineapple Express was nice.

Also, shout-out to @General Malaise for the recommendation to buy shake. Excellent value, and perfect for my dugout, my preferred method of flower ingestion.

The stuff I've gotten from MI has been decent, not as good as the stuff from CA. Jury still out on the ones I brought back from CO. I was only able to hit one dispensary while I was there, and the only cartridge they had that wasn't indica was a hybrid called UK Cheese. Decent stuff, not great, but value was spectacular at $20 for a half-gram cart. Last time I was in MI, I spent $70 for half-gram carts, although the selection was far superior. Unfortunately, I can't really remember the names of the ones I most enjoyed, as I bought a variety; other than the Pineapple Express was nice.

Also, shout-out to @General Malaise for the recommendation to buy shake. Excellent value, and perfect for my dugout, my preferred method of flower ingestion.
What made one better? Taste? The level of high? Type of high?

Just jumping into this on page 39... Is there a separate thread of personal favorites or should I start at the beginning an read through?

My personal favorite flower is still White Widow. Won the cannabis cup multiple years back in the day. First smoked it in Amsterdam about 15 years ago and jump on the opportunity any time I can find it,

Just jumping into this on page 39... Is there a separate thread of personal favorites or should I start at the beginning an read through?

My personal favorite flower is still White Widow. Won the cannabis cup multiple years back in the day. First smoked it in Amsterdam about 15 years ago and jump on the opportunity any time I can find it,
Strains people like are just sprinkled throughout. I like anything in the gelato, cookie/ice cream/cake family a lot. I think those tend to come from the Kush/Durban Poison crosses originally. Also a big fan of Mimosa.

Good educational info here:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/east-fork-medicinal_getthellama-breeding-taxonomy-activity-6826646068831371264-D9L8

I've been smoking more type 2, cbd-dominant flower. Get a nice buzz, good body high and still functional to have conversations and be present.

Why don't we use the terms indica, sativa, or hybrid?

Because the indica-sativa-hybrid model of classification was originally based in landrace morphology of the cannabis plant. And morphology doesn't dictate its chemical composition, or its effects, or account for the deep hybridization of cultivated types that's now the new norm.

“Indica”, “sativa”, and “hybrid” are colloquial terms that are now erroneously used to describe intoxicating varietals of cannabis with different effects. Now, we categorize varietals according to their cannabinoid content to provide a more accurate approach to classification, using Types 1, 2, 3, 4, and beyond.

Cannabis Chemotypes - A better taxonomy

📚 Type I: THC-Dominant
THC-dominant varieties count high THC content with little-to-no CBD content. Expect potent, intense effects. Used primarily for our breeding program, we offer small, limited releases in this category.

📚 Type II: Mixed Ratio
Type 2 varieties feature a mixed ratio profile with CBD and THC in varying concentrations, generally presenting as CBD-forward. Expect moderate, well-balanced effects.

📚 Type III: CBD-Dominant
CBD-dominant varieties are high in CBD, with low THC content. Expect subtle, nuanced effects with little to no intoxication.

📚 Type III: Hemp CBD-Dominant
USDA Certified Organic, Oregon-grown craft hemp flower. These varieties are high in CBD, with very little THC present. Expect subtle, nuanced effects.

📚 Type IV: CBG-Rich
CBG-rich varieties are high in CBG, with some CBD and low THC content. Expect subtle, nuanced effects with little to no intoxication.

📚 Type V: Cannabinoid-null
Cannabis that contains no cannabinoids.

Good educational info here:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/east-fork-medicinal_getthellama-breeding-taxonomy-activity-6826646068831371264-D9L8

I've been smoking more type 2, cbd-dominant flower. Get a nice buzz, good body high and still functional to have conversations and be present.

It looks like they just made up their own system. I have seen some California labels that have percentages of different types of THC & CBD per strain.  That's probably best.   

ooopd tl/dr sorry, blame the thc...

• summary - i grew my own, learned to make my own vape juice, it's cheap and fantastic
I vape thc the way nicotine vapers vape vape juice. Doing it between sentences atm. I don't use an expensive flower vaping device. I use a $50 nicotine vape device and there's $25-30 devices that will do the same. Afaik, you cannot purchase what I am vaping.

Starting from a seedling sized clone given to me last Father's Day, I grew a Cali legal indoor plant. She was in full flower before Thanksgiving. Her name is Coso Kush. You will not find this strain online. She was hybridized and stabilized by a local grower over 20 years here in the Mojave Desert.

An outdoor grower a few miles away used the same clone source that I did to produce a monstrous backyard plant. That's illegal, btw. He took just under three pounds off her and had two big yard-type garbage bags stuffed with her leaf and stem waist for edibles. From appearances it was not high quality. Minimal crystallization. I haven't tried it or the edibles his wife is so proud of. I do not use regularly. Left mine alone for several months until this week.

My indoor girl's spawn was over-dried to 9 ounces. Her leaf and stem waist was given to that wifey for making her edibles. 9 ounces of frosty kushcross cost me less than $350. The $ was for lights and other things I can keep using so the next x ounces will be free if I take a clone, or $30 or so if I buy seed. 

I give my first grow a B-. It's comparable to high end dispensary products but just let it go a little long and it is dry dry. I will do better. I don't want to do anything illegal. I have shared it with others, which is legal. Nothing but rave reviews. Selling is a big no no though. God knows I don't want any part of that.

I've experimented with it alot. From rolling a doob to - using a pipe to - decarbing it and making cannabutter for edibles to - a vape made for flower...

...to my current preferred method, diy vape juice. I learned from reddit and then google. Even then I decided to try my own idea, and it is perfect. You're probably aware there's no thc in fresh or dried flower. There's thca that converts to thc when heated. This is how edible makers decarb it. I did this, following instructions, to make vape juice. It tasted terrible, but medicated me nicely. So I thought what if I used a common subohm coil at 40-50 watts with juice made from my dried flower, no decarbing. Subohm coils heat up the vapor plenty. Wouldn't that be easier, taste better and still convert the thca? The answer is YES. 

There may be others doing this, but none I have found online. Cool things. DIY is safer than disposable vape pens, way cheaper, and the variety of flavors is ridiculous. My current batch is flavored with menthol, spearmint, peppermint and for grins, chocolate. Chocolate somehow dominated and it's tasty.  The weed gives it a gentle off-note, but no one would ever suspect it was a thc vape. I'd rather hit this than a doob as flavor goes. It's super easy to make but it requires a lengthy steep.

How is it? Perfect for me. I never want to be stoned and stupid. Euphoria highs aren't for me unless very mild. Smoke my flower and there will be laughter. Vape and just good vibes. I think I've reduced the thc for the better. I haven't been drunk in years. I do have plenty of old guy aches and pains. Nothing has worked better for that. I also have serious insomnia. Seen doctors for it for decades. Tried a few scripts, the otc stuff, the herbal ideas. None worked unless the wakeup was so groggy I hate it. This diy juice just before bed when I'm good and tired puts me right out and it's a deep sleep. I wake up feeling fantastic. Used mid-day when I have good energy, it compounds it in positive ways. Procrastinated projects get work. Bathrooms and kitchens get proper cleaning. Creativity comes on with motivation. I think the body high, feelin' no pain, is more important than the brain high. Both are subtle. I can't believe I stowed it away in April and just broke it out again. 

Interested in how I grew so cheap indoors, the devices that work for the above, how to make the juice? I'd offer samples from my next batch, but that might be taboo here. Anyway DM for links, maybe pics, or whathaveyou on how you can do this.

• summary - i grew my own,

Good post, and I am happy for you. Sort of.

I moved from NY to NC in mid march. I am 55 years old, and have been waiting for legal weed forever. 2 weeks after I leave, it passes in NY. I'm happy I moved (we love our new home), but man, had I stayed, I'd be all over growing my own.

This reminds me of what NY did to me with the drinking age all those years ago. A few months before I turned 18, they raised it to 19. Thanks a lot. The following year, I turn 19 in July, and can legally drink for six months, until the following January, when they make the age 21, and didn't grandfather anyone in. 

Talk about bad timing.

Good post, and I am happy for you. Sort of.

I moved from NY to NC in mid march. I am 55 years old, and have been waiting for legal weed forever. 2 weeks after I leave, it passes in NY. I'm happy I moved (we love our new home), but man, had I stayed, I'd be all over growing my own.

This reminds me of what NY did to me with the drinking age all those years ago. A few months before I turned 18, they raised it to 19. Thanks a lot. The following year, I turn 19 in July, and can legally drink for six months, until the following January, when they make the age 21, and didn't grandfather anyone in. 

Talk about bad timing.
"Sort of" made me laugh. I hope you get the chance to grow. The result is nice to have. But growing it was my favorite part. Very fun for an old grower like me. I used to own commercial greenhouses, tomatoes mostly, but greens too. I didn't need advice and couldn't believe the uber-nerdy advice out there. It's not nonsense, but really it isn't necessary to spend a ton on gear and do all the other stuff they do. I will train my next one better but all else will be the same. Reddit nerds called mine a ghetto grow that would fail. Well, it did great. When I saw that young nug get so frosty I knew I was in for a treat.

On Reddit the strong advice about when to harvest is: When you think it's ready wait a week. I did that. But unfortunately when I thought it was ready, it WAS ready. That week cost me some purple, some trichomes, and dried me out. Still strong weed. Very comparable to Do-si-dos, which I've purchased from a dispensary with my weed prescription. A little harsher to smoke, probably because it is too dry.

Users who are viewing this thread