What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ty'son Williams, BAL (2 Viewers)

Almost very RB in the league has another RB taking some carries.
Regardless, I just don't see the upside to give up a 2nd.  If I thought Williams offered enough upside for 2021 only and I was thin at RB, I would offer a late 2nd, but otherwise, no thanks.

Regardless, I just don't see the upside to give up a 2nd.  If I thought Williams offered enough upside for 2021 only and I was thin at RB, I would offer a late 2nd, but otherwise, no thanks.
Yeah that's the whole point. He's a stop gap RB that should put up nice numbers in the league's top rushing offense. Like I said, almost everyone agrees he doesn't likely have long term value. 

Yeah that's the whole point. He's a stop gap RB that should put up nice numbers in the league's top rushing offense. Like I said, almost everyone agrees he doesn't likely have long term value. 
Not so sure about the nice numbers part, or at least not consistent enough, thus the reason he isn't worth giving up a 2nd for him.

Half the Ravens DL are unvaccinated idiots and out for the game. That’s a pretty big blow to the blowout likelihood.

I think it would be foolish for anyone to offer a 2nd round rookie pick for Williams, especially with the presence of Murray.  Hell, forgot that, it's foolish without Murray.

I think a lot depends on your team. If you're a legit contender that 2nd is a whole lot closer to being just a really high 3rd. That's not a whole lot of draft capitol, especially given how the 2022 class is shaping up.

There's also a nonzero chance that Williams runs away with this job and Dobbins/Edwards don't recover their pre-injury athleticism. Not say it's likely... but he is beginning to make a case and recovering from injuries like this is a lottery ticket.

Adso said:
I think a lot depends on your team. If you're a legit contender that 2nd is a whole lot closer to being just a really high 3rd. That's not a whole lot of draft capitol, especially given how the 2022 class is shaping up.

There's also a nonzero chance that Williams runs away with this job and Dobbins/Edwards don't recover their pre-injury athleticism. Not say it's likely... but he is beginning to make a case and recovering from injuries like this is a lottery ticket.
Also, we shouldn’t act like Gus Edwards was some incredible talent. I liked his style and the fact he came out of nowhere but if he loses a step from the ACL tear, he’s in some trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. He's basically a decoy this game for some reason while they give the plodders the carries.

What's going on? Not able to watch the game. Did he fumble or botch a handoff?
Nah, they just aren't trying.  He's been split out as a WR a lot but isn't doing anything. One target that wasn't that great, one rush attempt, and that's it. He's forgotten, even when he's the only back in the game. 

Feeling pretty good about dealing him for Chubba.

We’ll see what Chubba can do next week in place if CMC, but if I had a hurt CMC & Tyson I wouldn’t be feeling very good about my team right now. 

Ty'Son Williams had five rushes for 22 yards in the Ravens' Week 3 win against the Lions. 

The Ravens went to a full-fledged three-headed backfield a week after Williams led the team with 13 rushes for 77 yards. Latavius Murray logged a team-high seven rushing attempts against the Lions and Devonta Freeman got three first-half totes. Williams was again the third-down back -- it didn't amount to much in this one as he failed to catch a pass. None of Baltimore's running backs will be reliable Week 4 options against a stout Broncos defense.
Snaps split:

Williams: 50%

Murray: 33%

Freeman: 16%

PFF's Nathan Janke gives his takeaway form the game:

The rookie continues to see the most snaps out of the Ravens backfield, but that only led to 22 yards on five carries and one target. Latavius Murray was the primary rusher for the Ravens. This game might have just been a fluke, but if this trend continues, that would mean Williams is just the team’s receiving back. A few more weeks of this, and Williams wouldn’t need to be on fantasy rosters anymore.

Don't know if I'd go that far. If one of them gets hurt, the other's workload would probably jump quite a bit. Don't think Freeman is going to take more than a handful of carries, and Bell seems to be the forgotten man.
This backfield is a dumpster fire.  They're just going to let Lamar drop back and rifle some balls to his middling WR's - ignore the running game completely.  I wish I had sold low on Ty'Son Williams when I picked him up, but... now I'm stuck with him.  Murray sucks.  If you are holding onto Murray to replace Ty'Son Williams (in the event of injury)... I hope you are in a 30 team league.  Give Murray the 5 carries Williams to go with his 7 carries - 12 x 4ypc - 48 yards?  

While the other teams are setting their lineups, you can spend your time clearing off your mantle because the fantasy trophy is surely yours. 

This backfield is a dumpster fire.  They're just going to let Lamar drop back and rifle some balls to his middling WR's - ignore the running game completely.  I wish I had sold low on Ty'Son Williams when I picked him up, but... now I'm stuck with him.  Murray sucks.  If you are holding onto Murray to replace Ty'Son Williams (in the event of injury)... I hope you are in a 30 team league.  Give Murray the 5 carries Williams to go with his 7 carries - 12 x 4ypc - 48 yards?  

While the other teams are setting their lineups, you can spend your time clearing off your mantle because the fantasy trophy is surely yours. 
Lamar will always command a lot of carries, but in the first two games, the RBs had about 20-25 carries. I would think that would be the norm rather than the 12 yesterday for a run-heavy team. Volume is king and either could be very valuable if the other went down, especially in this vast RB landscape of shared backfields.

Lamar will always command a lot of carries, but in the first two games, the RBs had about 20-25 carries. I would think that would be the norm rather than the 12 yesterday for a run-heavy team. Volume is king and either could be very valuable if the other went down, especially in this vast RB landscape of shared backfields.
I dropped Murray in a 12-teamer (what upside is this) as I had good depth at RB, and only one guy bid at $33, bid against himself lol

Maybe I'm the idiot, maybe not, but I don't think they will ever increase Murray's workload this year given how he looks and the age. I'm convinced he's stuck in the 8-12 carry plodder stuff. Valuable in standard sure, but with shallow benches (5 players), these types of players will just clog the roster. I even tried to trade Murray for anything and got not a single bite. 

You just know it's gonna be bad when Jamey Eisenberg makes a guy "The Start of the Week".   Roethlisberger the prior week, and Ty'Son this week. 

Made this same mistake. Matchups seemed to make sense, Hunt being the backup etc. Luckily didn’t cost me a win (played the low scoring team this week) but wasn’t smart. 
Same here, started him over Hunt.  It may get me axed in a guillotine league.  There are 6 teams below me but they all have players tonight while I've shot my load already.  My fingers are crossed while I kick myself in the A##

Anyone got the cojones to start Ty'son this week?  Its either Devin, Cordarelle, or Ty'son for me (yuck, I know), leaning Cordarelle for now (0.5 PPR).

Anyone got the cojones to start Ty'son this week?  Its either Devin, Cordarelle, or Ty'son for me (yuck, I know), leaning Cordarelle for now (0.5 PPR).

In a league where the lowest scoring team gets cut every week I'm actually starting both Ty'son and Sermon. I would rather start Cordarelle for sure...

Overreaction on the Ravens running game.  It is still their strength.  They had a game plan to throw against the weak Lion secondary.  It should have paid off except for one person.  Hollywood Brown.  His dropping about 100 yards and 3 TDs changed everything.  Ravens will get back to their strength in most matchups.

Overreaction on the Ravens running game.  It is still their strength.  They had a game plan to throw against the weak Lion secondary.  It should have paid off except for one person.  Hollywood Brown.  His dropping about 100 yards and 3 TDs changed everything.  Ravens will get back to their strength in most matchups.
Be that as it may, his sell high window closed after this stinker. 

Not that there isn’t a chance to reopen it, but any prospective buyers are likely to look at this game and devalue him a bit regardless of whether his next game is 12-15 points or not. 

Tough to say, I held longer than I should have but I shopped and nobody was biting "high" - if he ever finds himself on the receiving end of 15+ carries and any amount of goal line work... his sell high will be better than it has ever been.  

Better on my bench than trading for a handcuff and praying for an injury.  

Tough to say, I held longer than I should have but I shopped and nobody was biting "high" - if he ever finds himself on the receiving end of 15+ carries and any amount of goal line work... his sell high will be better than it has ever been.  

Better on my bench than trading for a handcuff and praying for an injury.  
I dunno about that. As a CMC owner I managed to deal him to the Chubba Hubbard owner & that worked out pretty well since CMC got hurt & now I have a starting RB.

Selling high is relative, of course. I thought that was high enough for Williams at the time.

Selling high is relative, of course. I thought that was high enough for Williams at the time.
I get what you are saying and it worked out, but what if Hubbard doesn't pan out?  What if week 2, week 3 were the start of a run for Ty'Son Williams.  Regardless, it is a game of chance and I was willing to risk Williams would feast amongst that graveyard of washed up bums - so far not so good, but you gotta think Harbaugh sees it eventually.

What happened for you is best case scenario, but worst case - you just picked up a cuff and guy doesn't get hurt and Williams balls.  

I get what you are saying and it worked out, but what if Hubbard doesn't pan out?  What if week 2, week 3 were the start of a run for Ty'Son Williams.  Regardless, it is a game of chance and I was willing to risk Williams would feast amongst that graveyard of washed up bums - so far not so good, but you gotta think Harbaugh sees it eventually.

What happened for you is best case scenario, but worst case - you just picked up a cuff and guy doesn't get hurt and Williams balls.  
All trades carry risk, of course.

but I doubt you could get Chubba Hubbard for Williams today.

what I saw was what so many seem to miss. Not only is Murray not washed up, his 3 year trend is positive. He averaged 4.5 YPC in 2020 & has a ton of experience. he may not have the top end speed of Williams, but he’s a lock for positive yards on almost every touch. 

coaches love that kind of player. I saw very little chance of Williams being a high volume when they picked up Murray.

Call trades carry risk, of course.

but I doubt you could get Chubba Hubbard for Williams today.
You're right - but I wasn't targeting a potential bandage with an unknown player... I was hoping for a big week from a guy that cost me nothing to turn into a season-long upgrade.  

I would have considered selling Williams, before seeing more action for a handcuff a downgrade at the time.  Still... jury is still out.

Not that there isn’t a chance to reopen it, but any prospective buyers are likely to look at this game and devalue him a bit regardless of whether his next game is 12-15 points or not. 

don't get me wrong - I still think Murray is the better bet to carve out a significant role

Users who are viewing this thread