What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (2 Viewers)

Yesterday was a good day.  Ate well and no booze.  

Today is my lighter yoga day (yin 50-min), so I tried rucking (thanks @Maurile Tremblay) with a 25lb umbrella stand I had just sitting in my garage while walking my dog our normal 1.5 miles.  Seems to be a nice workout.  Walking around the house after taking off the weight felt weird.  Also the random backpack I had sitting around seems to make my back sweat a ton.  Will probably keep trying it.  Also a part of me kept thinking, in January 2019 I actually weighed more than me now with the 25lb weight.  That was some encouragement and also motivation.  

Keep up the good work!

Whole family had covid at the beginning of March, and the flu at the end of March, still getting over that.  Just feel terrible physically and mentally; work has been grinding me down into the earth at the same time.  Need a reset soon, because this ain't no way to live.  Hope to find the means to get back at it soon, eat better, exercise, and hopefully bring in some positivity. 

Keep up the good work all.

Whole family had covid at the beginning of March, and the flu at the end of March, still getting over that.  Just feel terrible physically and mentally; work has been grinding me down into the earth at the same time.  Need a reset soon, because this ain't no way to live.  Hope to find the means to get back at it soon, eat better, exercise, and hopefully bring in some positivity. 

Keep up the good work all.
All the love GB 

Do it for one day and see how it feels.  Commit to one day of healthy eating and exercise and sunlight

119g protein

41g fiber

2825mg sodium

Under calories, no alcohol.  Daddy day with my kid today. Will be tempting to take him somewhere to eat junk so I'm trying to plan out my meals this morning so I don't overdo it.  

The thing I've been doing the most lately, which doesn't involve any skill so I have no idea why I think it's fun, is rucking. I like walking way better than I like jogging. Rucking is as enjoyable to me as walking is, but provides more intensity. If anyone is looking for a new fad to get into, I highly recommend giving rucking a try. And club-swinging. (We'll see how the rollerblading goes...)
Rucking is an important part of my training for my AT backpacking segments.  No matter how much hiking (or walking/running) I do I still have to add the weight to get my back and leg muscles ready for the ~30 extra pounds.

The scale says I gained 3.3 pounds from two weeks ago, so I did not do my regular job of fighting my vacation to a draw. But that previous weigh-in was a 6.9 lb loss, so I'm thankful I didn't give it all back, and I need to get busy restarting things for next Saturday. Bonus: I appear to have picked up a bug. My temperature was 98.0 this morning, but I made my brother put on a mask to drive me to the dealership and pick up my Passat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The scale says I gained 3.3 pounds from two weeks ago, so I did not do my regular job of fighting my vacation to a draw. But that previous weigh-in was a 6.9 lb loss, so I'm thankful I didn't give it all back, and I need to get busy restarting things for next Saturday. Bonus: I appear to have picked up a bug. My temperature was 98.0 this morning, but I made my brother put on a mask to drive me to the dealership and pick up my Passat.
I don't think I'm saying anything you don't know but you didn't lose 6.9 pounds in a week and you didn't gain 3.3. But it sounds like that 3.6 was pretty legit and that's good news

4 oz grilled chicken, shredded or diced 187 calories

Two Mission carb balance fajita tortillas 140 calories

One tub Wholly Guacamole 120 calories

Two servings shredded mexican cheese 220 calories 

2 tablespoons Wegman's black bean dip 30 calories

A dot of olive oil. Rub the tortillas together to get a little coating.  20 calories.  

Put each tortilla flat on a low temp area of the grill, oil side down, and put the cheese on top immediately. Close the lid on the grill until the cheese starts to melt. Add the bean dip, chicken and guacamole and fold in half.  Flip when browned.  

717 calories for two big quesadillas like that, and an absurd amount of protein and fiber for relatively low sodium.  Definitely in the rotation.  Could use fresh avocado or some different vegetables and I'm sure I'll tinker with different combinations but this is a winner.  

Not a bad weekend, was very active but drank too much.  At least I ate decently.  I'm a little sore from gardening and yard work, but not as much as I would have been in the past.  

Plan to stay off the booze this week and eat well.  

Will start today with a nice yin yoga session after I ruck with my dog.  Just need to dodge the thunderstorms this morning.

Keep up the good work!

87g protein

17g fiber 

2935mg sodium 

Under calories, no alcohol... is what I was planning to write before eating a bunch of those Lindt balls. Still ended up below maintenence calories but i seem to be ####### up more often these days and that's not great.  I don't even love candy.  Fortunately neither does my kid. 

125g protein (good)

62g fiber (!)

4823mg sodium ugh

A little over calories but i worked out my hamstring today with a long walk and lots of high knee marching which helped. I didn't eat junk (except the sodium) but went over my goal by a couple hundred calories.  I think part of the issue is that I'm not getting enough sleep.  I'm taking a few days off from work and from the diet next week which should help get me caught up on rest as i add alcohol and running back into the mix. 

125g protein (good)

62g fiber (!)

4823mg sodium ugh

A little over calories but i worked out my hamstring today with a long walk and lots of high knee marching which helped. I didn't eat junk (except the sodium) but went over my goal by a couple hundred calories.  I think part of the issue is that I'm not getting enough sleep.  I'm taking a few days off from work and from the diet next week which should help get me caught up on rest as i add alcohol and running back into the mix. 

What amazes me is that you regularly calculate your totals by 8 pm or so.  Those 8-10 pm hours are my kryptonite.  You have great willpower during that period!

Was feeling decent about myself until yesterday when I was drafted to be the "shark" in a game of Shark and Minnows.  After chasing 6 surprisingly fast 7-year olds for an hour, I feel like I've run a marathon.  It didn't help that I kept losing my balance when one of those shifty little ####ers juked me.  Fell and bashed my shin on some playground equipment.  Good times.  

What amazes me is that you regularly calculate your totals by 8 pm or so.  Those 8-10 pm hours are my kryptonite.  You have great willpower during that period!

he's not drinking.  we're all stronger with no booze :lmao:   hopefully his will power continues after easter.
Yup.  That and when I'm not drinking it's easier to go to bed early so I'm not staying up watching tv and snacking.  Recently I've gone out to.play cards a few times and stayed out later than I'm used to, and it's been terrible for my sleep habits but I'm not tempted to eat anything so it's still fine.  I'm looking forward to Easter and being able to drink again, but I'm going to need to figure out how or if I'll incorporate it back into my normal routine if i want to keep knocking off weight. 

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Was feeling decent about myself until yesterday when I was drafted to be the "shark" in a game of Shark and Minnows.  After chasing 6 surprisingly fast 7-year olds for an hour, I feel like I've run a marathon.  It didn't help that I kept losing my balance when one of those shifty little ####ers juked me.  Fell and bashed my shin on some playground equipment.  Good times.  
Scooby shark do do de do de do

Scooby shark

Goes to the park do do de do de do

To the park do do de do de do

To the park do do de do de do

On his Lark

I'm down 57 lbs since August 2021.   

Walking allot more with increased energy.   Being in mid-50s I am very happy so far.   

Initial goal was 75 lbs, but may bump it to an even 100....   When I hit 300 I said "F" this, I need to make drastic diet changes etc...
Wow that's amazing.  7-8 lbs a month is tough for even a month or two but for a long as you've done it, making it through the holidays and pandemic months and everything else, serious kudos.   What were you doing that worked for you? 

192g protein (!)

25g fiber 

2634mg sodium 

Within 200 calories of my goal but went over after finishing up some seafood i was worried would go bad. Protein through the roof. Sodium and fiber not bad.  No alcohol. I've basically been on lose 1.5 or even 1lb per week instead of lose 2/wk while I've been recovering my hamstring and not running.  I can live with that.  I might just stick with the less aggressive goal.

3 more days till Easter. 

We all know diet is more important than exercise for weight loss. I'm struggling without exercise, but it's still the diet. I'm drinking a 16 oz "Light" mocha right now in lieu of breakfast. I kinda need the discipline of the exercise to maintain the discipline of the eating, which makes BF losing while rehabbing all the more remarkable to me.

I have a home TENS unit in the box, this is what I bought it for. I'll be out there tomorrow.

Gained 2 pounds, but can't feel too bad about it when I've been losing weight so fast.  With my mountain bike race in the rear view mirror, and nursing bruised ribs, I've taken it a bit easier with the cycling, but I still do intend to maintain my 75 miles/week goal.... just not push it up into the 100-125 miles/week that I was doing.  I ate like total #### after the race (bunch of beers and a massive burrito) and I'm wondering if that single day is playing a role in the weight gain.

Not going to overthink this too much and will just stick to what I've been doing

I kinda need the discipline of the exercise to maintain the discipline of the eating, which makes BF losing while rehabbing all the more remarkable to me.
Thank you.  I do too which is why I'm not losing as quickly as usual but it's been good to retrain myself to expect fewer calories. When i got used to running 7 miles and eating a ton, it was hard to take a 1500 calorie day in between, but now I'm just hovering around 1800 a day. 

I might have hit that today.  No fn clue.  I was out and saw my favorite food truck and got a box of chicken with fries. Had coffee for breakfast and two pieces of quesadilla as i was leaving my house...  That's not healthy at all but hopefully not too horrible calorie wise.  

Even with all of the screw ups, I'm .4 lbs away from the goal I'd set for Easter.  It's still possible I get there tomorrow but even if I don't I'm happy with my progress. I'm still up from the weight i was last year, and drinking my face off tomorrow won't help, but I feel pretty good today. 

Went for my first walk since vacation. It wasn't comfortable at all, but my phone doesn't even show it as exercise, so it wasn't fast enough to make things worse  :lmao:

I was with Bipolar Girl on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and got pretty drinks at her ex's house on Thursday. The scale says I gained 0.2 pounds this week. Suboptimal, but a week like that would have resulted in considerable disordered eating in the past. Sort of like golf, where your bad shots raise your score more than your good shots lower it.

My weight loss has slowed considerably, but today I finally saw a number other than 3 at the start of my weight.  

The diabetes management, on the other hand, is going great.  They can kind of estimate your A1C from the readings from a Continuous Glucose Monitor and I'm on pace to come in under 6 after being at 12.4 when I was diagnosed.  
Weight loss or not, the a1c number is worth celebrating. Good job. 

My weight loss has slowed considerably, but today I finally saw a number other than 3 at the start of my weight.  

The diabetes management, on the other hand, is going great.  They can kind of estimate your A1C from the readings from a Continuous Glucose Monitor and I'm on pace to come in under 6 after being at 12.4 when I was diagnosed.  
Holy crap that's a huge change in a1c. I had no idea what a healthy number was so i looked it up..  nice work GB 

Users who are viewing this thread