What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix Original: Stranger Things (2 Viewers)

Lolz.  Next season (Season 5) is the confirmed last season.  Can't imagine it'll take 3 years in between like 3 to 4 with no 18 month COVID break.  Gotta think the age thing hopefully doesn't get too far away from them. 
Wait this isn’t the end????

First 8 minutes of Season 4, Episode 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QiG9w0SUzk  :eek:

First 7 of 9 episodes come out in a week, May 27th.  The final 2 come out in July and are both movie length (the finale is 2 1/2 hours).  Wowzahs.

One of only a handful of media my entire family looks forward to together.
My son's last day of school is today and I just sent him all of this info.

This is his favorite show and he may have a heart attack waiting for those last 2 episodes.

can somebody plz tell me Caleb's lil' sister & Mya Hawke disappear into a hideous vortex in the first 3 minutes, ergo never being able to trouble daylight again?

TIA 

:popcorn:

This show has already gone on at least one season too long.  I get that it's hard to run a streaming service in today's market, but this feels like self-parody.

This show has already gone on at least one season too long.  I get that it's hard to run a streaming service in today's market, but this feels like self-parody.
I’m blown away that they are doing another season after this one. I would’ve bet a lot of money this was the last one. That’s unbelievable to me. 

I’m blown away that they are doing another season after this one. I would’ve bet a lot of money this was the last one. That’s unbelievable to me. 
NF seems to be the streaming service struggling the most and losing subscribers (we are very close to going this route and switching to a better movie option).  I think it makes perfect sense to attempt to stretch out one of the few very popular original properties they have going.    I think at this point Cobra Kai is about the only thing of theirs I care about.  

Some of you are a bunch of grumpy old farts.😄 It’s a fun show where they’ve done a pretty good job spinning a weird entertaining tale. Like I said, there are basically zero pieces of media we consume and enjoy as a whole family…except this. And I thought season 3 was pretty darn good. Definitely entertaining.

I’m excited. And I don’t care who knows it.   :gang1:

Last edited by a moderator:
NF seems to be the streaming service struggling the most and losing subscribers (we are very close to going this route and switching to a better movie option).  I think it makes perfect sense to attempt to stretch out one of the few very popular original properties they have going.    I think at this point Cobra Kai is about the only thing of theirs I care about.  
They should do like the other steaming services. Release their popular shows a few at a time and only air the new episodes once a week. Stretch out the need to keeping your subscription. 

Some of you are a bunch of grumpy old farts.😄 It’s a fun show where they’ve done a pretty good job spinning a weird entertaining tale. Like I said, there are basically zero pieces of media we consume and enjoy as a whole family…except this. And I thought season 3 was pretty darn good. Definitely entertaining.

I’m excited. And I don’t care who knows it.   :gang1:
I like the show and will watch this season, I just can’t believe they’re trying to stretch another 20 hours out of it. I am much more in favor of shows telling a concise story and getting out early rather than staying too long. 

I would cancel if it weren’t for my wife and son. I haven’t watched it in forever. 

I would cancel if it weren’t for my wife and son. I haven’t watched it in forever. 
Yeah, the funny thing was we originally got it for us, but the kiddo watched it more with stuff like Storybots on it.  Don't think any of us bother more than once or twice a month anymore though.  

Yeah, the funny thing was we originally got it for us, but the kiddo watched it more with stuff like Storybots on it.  Don't think any of us bother more than once or twice a month anymore though.  
Do they have any 80s movies you can brush up on for that countdown you said you might do eventually? 😁

I like the show and will watch this season, I just can’t believe they’re trying to stretch another 20 hours out of it. I am much more in favor of shows telling a concise story and getting out early rather than staying too long. 
That would be a short list

Do they have any 80s movies you can brush up on for that countdown you said you might do eventually? 😁
Lol.  Ones I've seen a ton of.  Top Gun, When Harry Met Sally, Pet Sematary were on the main page when I looked.  

Not saying they have 0 to watch,  but usually not many new (to me) movies.  Easily the worst and least watched of the services we spend $ on.  

Stop feeling so attached to any streaming platform.  Just rotate through them 1-2 months at a time, watch all their cool stuff, then come back when the rotation is over and there will be a bunch of new cool stuff.

I rewatched season 3 a few weeks back and enjoyed it.  Some preposterous stuff with the kids breaking into a Russian facility, but still fun.

Stop feeling so attached to any streaming platform.  Just rotate through them 1-2 months at a time, watch all their cool stuff, then come back when the rotation is over and there will be a bunch of new cool stuff.

I rewatched season 3 a few weeks back and enjoyed it.  Some preposterous stuff with the kids breaking into a Russian facility, but still fun.
Season 3 was great fun. Captured the absurdity of the 80’s perfectly. Season 1 will always be the best.

Looking forward to Season 4 and then 5 and then it’s over.

Tick said:

Or just run Cinema HD or OceanStreamz and get all the content from every streaming platform on demand for Free ($2/mo with Real Debrid to guarantee awesome fast links) 

Or just run Cinema HD or OceanStreamz and get all the content from every streaming platform on demand for Free ($2/mo with Real Debrid to guarantee awesome fast links) 
I went down that path for a while, but stopped.  I don't really mind spending $10 to get a month of the next streaming platform on my list... the kids asked a couple of questions and I didn't like my answers.  I'm already saving $100+ by not having cable/satellite, that's good enough for me.

It’s always hard to replicate lightning in a bottle, especially with child actors, but I feel like they almost would have been better off doing something similar to True Detective and taking the concept and essentially rebooting with a different group of kids in a similar but different storyline. You can only go so far in a show based around kids if you stick with the same kids and it quickly loses it’s original vibe. The feeling of remembering what it was like to be exploring or caught up in an adventure when you were in middle school is completely different than high school.

They could even have jumped to different eras in order to add some different flavors and being able to connect to the storyline of season 1 but keeping things interesting and not having to deal with kids growing up.

I’ve enjoyed seasons 2 and 3, though not nearly as much as season 1, but I definitely am feeling less invested in the characters with such a huge jump in their ages now.

Mile High said:
They should do like the other steaming services. Release their popular shows a few at a time and only air the new episodes once a week. Stretch out the need to keeping your subscription. 
Yeah...Disney + doing this well with the Star Wars and Marvel Stuff.

They could even have jumped to different eras in order to add some different flavors and being able to connect to the storyline of season 1 but keeping things interesting and not having to deal with kids growing up.
Thinking on this:

Would there be any interest at all in seeing a Stranger Things alternative history set in the 1960s where high-school age Joyce, Hopper, Bob, Scott Clarke, etc. tangle with the Upside Down in some manner?

Could also see a period piece set in 1830s Indiana, sort of Little House on the Prairie meets Stranger Things.

Thinking on this:

Would there be any interest at all in seeing a Stranger Things alternative history set in the 1960s where high-school age Joyce, Hopper, Bob, Scott Clarke, etc. tangle with the Upside Down in some manner?

Could also see a period piece set in 1830s Indiana, sort of Little House on the Prairie meets Stranger Things.
Not sure I need to see the same characters used, though maybe a tie in could be worked somehow.

The Netflix 3-movie horror series Fear Street was set in 3 different time periods with different characters with a single overarching storyline tying them together with individual plots in each movie. I thought it was an interesting concept.

Having the 'Rona generally sucks, but one benefit is that I was able to binge the first 2 seasons over the weekend.

Some thoughts:

• Having grown up in the 80s (born in '71), I am again reminded how awesome this series is.  Nothing else captures the vibe of being that age in the 80s like this show has.  I'm amazed that the Duffer Brothers weren't older during that period, they captured it so well.
  • They spent good money on actors but could have done better casting half the kids.  Mike and Eleven are excellent, and Dustin is a card but the other young kids, not so much. Steve is great but the other teenagers really aren't on the same level.  That's ok, you can't win 'em all.
  • This is a Lovecraftian horror show.  On rewatch I'm enjoying putting the pieces together.
  • Is it possible that there is some element of time travel involved here?
  • Season 2 is still good, other than that one filler episode in Chicago.  If they forget about the lost sister altogether and she never shows up again, that would be fine by me. 

Some of this casting is wild why did they do this? Whomever is playing Eddie is at least 35 years old. He could have been cast as the new police chief. 

Fun first episode though. Awesome ending. 

Some of this casting is wild why did they do this? Whomever is playing Eddie is at least 35 years old. He could have been casted as the new police chief. 

I thought the lady in church was Tammy Faye Baker for a second.  Then I remembered she died.

Some of this casting is wild why did they do this? Whomever is playing Eddie is at least 35 years old. He could have been casted as the new police chief. 

Same with the basketball star. Thought he could be the coach. My theory is to make the main kids look younger as they are supposed to be.  

Yeah I’m two episodes in and can’t wait to see more. Man they are leaning more into horror than ever. Freaky

Some of this casting is wild why did they do this? Whomever is playing Eddie is at least 35 years old. He could have been cast as the new police chief. 

Joseph Quinn...he is 29.

I enjoyed it. Can’t wait for the remaining episodes. Loved that Freddy Krueger was able to be in an episode considering the basically stole Elm Street story line 

I was shopping at Walmart (don’t judge) and they have Surfer Boy pizza from Stranger Things. Grabbed the supreme one and gonna consume it in a min. Expecting a digiorno type pizza.

I was shopping at Walmart (don’t judge) and they have Surfer Boy pizza from Stranger Things. Grabbed the supreme one and gonna consume it in a min. Expecting a digiorno type pizza.
Review

Overall, the Stranger Things Surfer Boy frozen pizza was terrible. As far as frozen pizza goes, this particular pizza is definitely ranked at the bottom in the frozen pizza market. The product packaging, as well as Walmart's ability to move high volumes of mediocre products, may keep this pizza around for a bit—but once folks get a taste of it I predict that it won't stay on the shelves for long. 

Just finished watching tonight. Good season. There were a couple things that generated a “yeah, okaaay, whatever” response but nothing too major to be critical over. 

Yeah I don’t understand the schtick behind complaining about a season 5. The quality of the show has shown no signs of degrading so who wouldn’t want more?
I don't agree.  Season 1 was great, but Season 2 was a clear drop-off in overall quality.  I got through a handful of eps in S3 and bailed.  It had gotten that mediocre that I decided I wasn't wasting any more time. Feels like one of those shows where every good idea they had went into the first season, as I am sure they figured it would be one and done, but once it caught on and was hugely popular, they kept it going, as most would, and the good ideas got harder to come by since it felt like they put all of their eggs in S1's basket. 

Users who are viewing this thread