What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (2 Viewers)

Yep, I enjoyed She Hulk overall and am fine with some fourth wall breaking, but the finale was a disaster.
Agreed. I really enjoyed it and didn’t mind the Deadpool talk to the fans stuff but the AI? My god Kevin Feige must have an ego the size of Texas. I’m sure there will be lots of praise for not being the same MCU, but it was really clunky and disjointed and honestly didn’t feel like a finale. I mean even at the Fast and Furious BBQ ending, WTF was the new Hulk’s son all about?
TL;DR version, he's the son of Bruce and Caiera. This all occurred on Sakaar, during Planet Hulk in the comics, and not sure if it happened during Ragnarock but my guess is it did and Bruce went to get Skaar during She-Hulk.
HTF is Skaar an adult already?
Didn't look like an adult to me but a teen. In the comics he aged quickly, I don't recall the reason though.

Yep, I enjoyed She Hulk overall and am fine with some fourth wall breaking, but the finale was a disaster.
Agreed. I really enjoyed it and didn’t mind the Deadpool talk to the fans stuff but the AI? My god Kevin Feige must have an ego the size of Texas. I’m sure there will be lots of praise for not being the same MCU, but it was really clunky and disjointed and honestly didn’t feel like a finale. I mean even at the Fast and Furious BBQ ending, WTF was the new Hulk’s son all about?
TL;DR version, he's the son of Bruce and Caiera. This all occurred on Sakaar, during Planet Hulk in the comics, and not sure if it happened during Ragnarock but my guess is it did and Bruce went to get Skaar during She-Hulk.
Didn't look like an adult to me but a teen. In the comics he aged quickly, I don't recall the reason though.
Did Hulk conceive him years ago?

I think the implied timeline, was this happened when Hulk was on Sakaar during Thor: Ragnarock. So when he was sent off planet at the end of Age of Ultron until Thor Ragnarock. I'm not sure of the exact time line but it's been greater than 5 years since Hulk was on Sakaar. I want to say it was a one or two years where Skaar went from kid to teen to adult.

I think the implied timeline, was this happened when Hulk was on Sakaar during Thor: Ragnarock. So when he was sent off planet at the end of Age of Ultron until Thor Ragnarock. I'm not sure of the exact time line but it's been greater than 5 years since Hulk was on Sakaar. I want to say it was a one or two years where Skaar went from kid to teen to adult.
Thanks makes more sense now.

Remember time works differently on Sakaar. Loki landed a few weeks before Thor and Hulk had been there a few years already.

And I enjoyed the She-Hulk finale. Wonder if DD and She-Hulk continue the dating it seems they have started.

I think DD will be fine in his own show. They acknowledged that they wanted him to match the show's vibe, so put him back in Hell's Kitchen, with the darkness and Kingpin and he will be DD.

Looks like more drivel. I think they've run out of ideas.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it drivel......but if they don't radically advance the overall meta in this movie.....I'll think they don't know how to get where they want to get.
Is this the first movie of the next "phase" now?
I think so. Wakanda Forever ends this phase.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it drivel......but if they don't radically advance the overall meta in this movie.....I'll think they don't know how to get where they want to get.
What distinguishes this phase from the next one?

The Phases are determined by Marvel. Not sure the criteria.

Not very familiar with Kang. Wiki says he has no powers but is wicked smart and can like control time and whatnot. How does he measure up as a big bad compared to Thanos?

They have already set the stage for the Kang phase with the show Loki. I would be money the TVA shows up in this phase and I can't wait, it should be a lot of fun with all of the time travel and Quantum universe.

Some very interesting news out of the DC universe that will affect the MCU. James Gunn is now the head of film, TV, and animation for DCU...no more MCU for him. I've really enjoyed his work in the MCU so hopefully that translates to DCU.

Some very interesting news out of the DC universe that will affect the MCU. James Gunn is now the head of film, TV, and animation for DCU...no more MCU for him. I've really enjoyed his work in the MCU so hopefully that translates to DCU.

I really enjoy the MCU and will continue to watch, but there are enough superheros, i do not want to watch the DC movies as well.

If the DC universe wants to expand it should lean into the Sandman/Constantine franchise with small amounts of mainstream DC.

I really enjoy the MCU and will continue to watch, but there are enough superheros, i do not want to watch the DC movies as well.

If the DC universe wants to expand it should lean into the Sandman/Constantine franchise with small amounts of mainstream DC.
Thought it was interesting enough to share especially given the success of the Gunn MCU movies.

Thought it was interesting enough to share especially given the success of the Gunn MCU movies.

It is worth posting in this thread if only for the reason that Gunn doing DC movies means less/none of him in the MCU universe.

It is worth posting in this thread if only for the reason that Gunn doing DC movies means less/none of him in the MCU universe.
Hence my post. He's not doing DCU movies he's running it like Feige is the MCU. He won't be doing future MCU things.
ETA - and maybe with him being done with GotG it may not be a big deal :shrug:

Saw Black Panther last night. Kid and I enjoyed it. Caught some emotions throughout the movie. A couple surprises I didn't see coming. Couple things that were predictable. All in all a good sequal.

Work rented out two screens to see the black panther thing. I didn't know the backstory at all. Was very long. Slept thru some of it but found it odd that the US has at best some apple Mac books and some other people has force fields, all the unobtanium, teleports, and invincibility hacks? Then some mer men Atlantis types come in and wear water on their face to breathe. Don't see the appeal.

I liked it. Had a few touching moments regarding Chadwick Boseman. Had a few genuine surprises. It drug a little in some places. Some of the action pieces were really good. The CGI on a certain piece of technology (trying not to spoil anything) was fairly bad for a Marvel tentpole movie. Overall I liked it but have it slotted lower than the first picture.

As far as I can tell, nothing.
But then there wasn’t really a clean break between Phase2 and phase 3, while the ending of phase 1 and 3 were well defined. The biggest difference here is there isn’t even a real crossover to end phase 4.
I assume Namor will show up in other things, as clearly two of the supporting characters will have their own leading roles soon.
For an ending of a phase, WF sets more things up than it closes. AoU did too.

I think they handled Chadwick’s death very well. I’m not sure how much of a story was written before, but it must have changed a lot.
As always, Shurri and Okoye are awesome.

Phase 4 movies ranked (obviously just my opinion). factors: plot, first impression, rewatchability, overall sensibility, fun (1-5 for each)

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (5,5,5,5,5) - probably my favorite MCU movie, maybe tied with winter soldier and GotG1

Spider-Man: No Way Home (5,5,4,4,4)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (5,5,5,4,3)

Black Widow (4,4,5,4,3)
Thor: Love and Thunder (4,5,3,2,5)

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4,5,3,3,3)

Eternals (3,3,2,2,1)

Phase 4 movies ranked (obviously just my opinion). factors: plot, first impression, rewatchability, overall sensibility, fun (1-5 for each)

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (5,5,5,5,5) - probably my favorite MCU movie, maybe tied with winter soldier and GotG1

Black Widow (4,4,5,4,3)

Eternals (3,3,2,2,1)
Wow Shang Chi isn't even in my top 20 MCU movies.
Anyway, Phase 4 has been a HUGE disappointment. I'm not gonna rank them but all the above movies were below average to average except Spiderman (I didn't see Black Panther yet). Just a completely forgettable bunch of movies.

Black Widow (4,4,5,4,3)

Eternals (3,3,2,2,1)
Anyway, Phase 4 has been a HUGE disappointment. I'm not gonna rank them but all the above movies were below average to average except Spiderman (I didn't see Black Panther yet). Just a completely forgettable bunch of movies.
🤷 that’s certainly an opinion.
I’ll readily agree that on the whole, phase 4 is below the others. But I just really enjoyed Shang chi.

Black Widow (4,4,5,4,3)

Eternals (3,3,2,2,1)
I’ll readily agree that on the whole, phase 4 is below the others. But I just really enjoyed Shang chi.
Phase 4 has certainly been a miss. Oddly, if we include the Disney + series as part of Phase 4 (and perhaps we should be doing that), it would be elevated greatly (but still behind the other phases).

Spiderman No Way Home was the only one from this phase that hit my top tier. In the next tier of "really liked" I have Shang Chi and Wakanda Forever. The more I thought about Love and Thunder I dropped it a tier down to "Still Good". Black Widow and Multiverse of Madness were in the "Just OK" tier and I still haven't finished the Eternals (nor do I really plan to at this point). Black Widow suffered from the movie being delayed so long, and knowing what happens to the character. Multiverse of Madness I had huge expectations for because of WandaVision and Loki, and then it turned out to mainly be a horror movie with some cool points.

It was almost impossible to believe that Marvel could keep the momentum going with what it had, and sadly it played out. Hopefully they rely on the strength of Spiderman and the Guardians, and then perhaps infuse new blood with mutants and the Fantastic Four. Marvel needs a compelling villain badly, and I'm not sure Kang is going to be it.

Black Widow (4,4,5,4,3)

Eternals (3,3,2,2,1)
Phase 4 has certainly been a miss. Oddly, if we include the Disney + series as part of Phase 4 (and perhaps we should be doing that), it would be elevated greatly (but still behind the other phases).

Spiderman No Way Home was the only one from this phase that hit my top tier. In the next tier of "really liked" I have Shang Chi and Wakanda Forever. The more I thought about Love and Thunder I dropped it a tier down to "Still Good". Black Widow and Multiverse of Madness were in the "Just OK" tier and I still haven't finished the Eternals (nor do I really plan to at this point). Black Widow suffered from the movie being delayed so long, and knowing what happens to the character. Multiverse of Madness I had huge expectations for because of WandaVision and Loki, and then it turned out to mainly be a horror movie with some cool points.

It was almost impossible to believe that Marvel could keep the momentum going with what it had, and sadly it played out. Hopefully they rely on the strength of Spiderman and the Guardians, and then perhaps infuse new blood with mutants and the Fantastic Four. Marvel needs a compelling villain badly, and I'm not sure Kang is going to be it.
On the whole, I think you’re right that the shows have been better than the movies.

Black Widow (4,4,5,4,3)

Eternals (3,3,2,2,1)

I'd have to watch Shang-Chi again. I wasn't as enamored with it as most when I first watched it. Maybe I was expecting something different.

Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 | Official Trailer

And the GotG Holiday Special was fun. Weird but fun. Not sure how I feel about the reveal at the end.

My family really enjoyed the holiday special. That is something we may watch every year around this time. It was very well done and clever, even if obviously a small budget production.

Getting to see a new side of Mantis and seeing a "thicc" Groot took some getting used to but still very fun.

The reveal at the end was actually mentioned in the very very beginning of the special when Mantis and Drax were talking. It seemed a bit out of the blue and forced for the story but when you consider how Ego functioned, it was not an outrageous leap.

Last edited:
Black Panther 2 was so much better than any of the other Phase 4 movies. It felt like a superhero movie with a cool villain, cool gadgets, great music. I'm so sick of all the magic and multiverses in the rest of the phase 4 movies. I have a feeling Antman gonna be a huge disappointment for the same reason since movie takes place in Quantum Realm.

It’s ridiculous that the “forehead kiss” scene is generating controversy.
I didn't know about any controversy but it was completely unnecessary in the context of the movie. It's like Disney just threw it in to be woke. Shocking. Didn't even know those 2 were together.

It’s ridiculous that the “forehead kiss” scene is generating controversy.
I didn't know about any controversy but it was completely unnecessary in the context of the movie. It's like Disney just threw it in to be woke. Shocking. Didn't even know those 2 were together.
They took it from the source material.

The queer undertones in the latest “Black Panther” film are just that — undertones. At no point do Aneka or Ayo explicitly declare their love for each other, much less have a sexually intimate scene together. They do engage in friendly banter at the beginning of the movie and embrace, along with exchanging said forehead kiss, at the end.

Their queerness, of course, is not imagined: The two characters were indeed written as queer in a 2017 comic, and their forbidden relationship was a significant part of its plot. Aneka’s sexual identity was also a big reason that Michaela Coel decided to take on the part.

Users who are viewing this thread