What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's play pick a player in dynasty - must be same position - only two players listed per post (1 Viewer)

Etienne or Dobbins ?
Another situation were I've got a team with both guys so have mulled this before.

ETN by a lot for me due to Dobbins still not looking right and having never been a fan of RB's in this Ravens/Lamar offense. Now Dobbins is already entering the last year of his contract but not banking on him leaving for an unknown destination.

Bryce Young or CJ Stroud - call your shots now boys!
I’m lucky (I hope) and am drafting both (1, 2, 3, 4 :wub: ) but knee-jerk imma go with Young. He’s got more mobility, and while we didn’t see it a ton in college, the ability is there, and IMO could develop for him. he doesn’t need to be Fields (and won’t be) but if he can become a 3-5 point rushing QB per week that should elevate hisFF floor enough to make his passing accuracy & arm relevant in FF.

Stroud has the size, a great arm, makes good decisions and isn’t a statue, so he’s perhaps a better RL QB than Young, but with a lower FF ceiling. He can also roll out and make plays on the run, but he’s not going to be a 5+ point rushing QB (at least I don’t think he will).

That all said, landing spot is going to be everything. Pretty sure Young will be a Texan (and IMO they’re gonna draft WRs early too) so that’s a tough situation.

If Stroud lands in INDY or CAR, or Seattle he could be the better win-now prospect.

Like I said, I’m taking both so I’m rooting for them both to be good. But Young, despite his size, looks like he could be very good. His size does worry me though.
Not sure how you can endorse anyone landing in indy right now. That OL will get him killed if they don't address it in the off-season and their WR corps could be a lot better.
Just thinking out loud - not like Houston is setting Young up for a ton of success either - without naming specific teams, I’ll just say that Stroud could be going to a more win-now situation.

Let’s say NYG dumps Danny Dimes and trades up to take stroud. That’s a situation where he’s playing for Dabol & develops. NYG also doesn’t have a great OL or top WRs, but I’d take that situation over HOU.

Etienne or Dobbins ?
ETN for me by a lot.

Baltimore is a RB wasteland with THE biggest vulture QB in the NFL, and while they’re seemingly devoid of top receiving talent, they refuse to throw to the RBs (because LJax usually takes off and runs instead of dumping off)

ETN has had an up & down season, but 2023 looks bright - hopefully some investment in OL in the draft, Ridley joining an already very solid receiving corps, and another year removed from the foot injury - IMO he has a shot at a top 5 RB season next year.

Dobbins is a talented back. I like him a lot. His situation is a killer. And I wouldn’t be shocked to see BAL draft yet another RB on day 2 or3.

Seen Hall and Bijan mentioned already, but how about...

Breece Hall or Bijan Robinson
Bijan, and I don’t care what team he’s on.

Generational talent. Imma take him 1.01 as a statement, and can’t wait.

The Hall owner offered him to me for 1.01 and 1.04, and I was baffled. He told me Hall was worth more than just the 1.01, and even with a blowed up knee he was “easily” worth 2x 1sts.

Ok, maybe he is. He’s not worth two of *my* 1sts. lol

Trey Lance or Anthony Richardson? Both are raw. I never thought I would see someone more raw than Lance, but AR is it IMO.
This is rough. I’ve read reports that Richardson has the tools of Josh Allen, but may be a “2 year project”.

I’m not sure I can wait 2 years to see if he’s a complete bust, but if he falls to 1.10 or 2.01 I’ll probably have to at least consider him as a gamble on upside.

Lance may be Purdy’s backup next year - he might well develop into that Konami code QB as a post-hype sleeper. I have to think SF will keep giving him chances to win the job.

Johnathan Taylor or Breece Hall?

Taylor...ACL is the tie-breaker for me.
If you had Hall, would you deal him straight up for Taylor?

I do and I would...in general I would rather not deal with players coming back from ACLs if I don't have to...if I have a legit way to get out of it (like a player of Taylor's caliber) I will let someone else assume the risk...not a foolproof strategy but one I stay pretty true to.

I do and I would...in general I would rather not deal with players coming back from ACLs if I don't have to...if I have a legit way to get out of it (like a player of Taylor's caliber) I will let someone else assume the risk...not a foolproof strategy but one I stay pretty true to.
I offered the Taylor owner (who’s a Jags fan) ETN, ARSB, and a 1.08 & 2.01 early this season and he rejected it.

And now I’m glad he did. I like Taylor, but yeah - Indy is a rough team right now.

I’d probably rather have Hall, but I understand where you’re coming from with the injury. I have Hall in a 16 team dynasty & I’ll be hoping for a quick recovery.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔

Give me Higgins...he is tied in with a stud QB for a while...Goff is fine for fantasy purposes, but he is not at Burrow's level and not sure how long he will be there...while Higgins does have Chase, Jameson will be a full go next year for Detroit.
What if they draft Stroud to sit behind Goff for a year?

I’ve seen a number of mocks with this happening.
In dynasty it is a marathon, not a sprint.

Burrow vs Herbert
I feel like Herbert is having a floor year, but I still greatly prefer Burrow. I think we haven't seen Burrow's best yet, and his game should age really well. I've got Burrow as QB2 in dynasty behind only Mahomes.

Brian Robinson or James Cook.
I'd say Robinson. I think Buffalo is always gonna run through Josh Allen, whereas Robinson can, and perhaps already may be, the centerpiece of that offense.

Bryce. Both have their warts but I’ll trust the talent and go with the idea of the landscape of the league changing which might allow Bryce to overcome his physical worries as he has everything else needed

Etienne or Dobbins ?
I think Dobbins is a better player than Etienne, but I'm spooked enough by Dobbins health, that I prefer Etienne.

As for Young/Stroud? I like Young quite a bit more, truth be told I prefer Levis to Stroud.

I’m lucky (I hope) and am drafting both (1, 2, 3, 4 :wub: ) but knee-jerk imma go with Young. He’s got more mobility, and while we didn’t see it a ton in college, the ability is there, and IMO could develop for him. he doesn’t need to be Fields (and won’t be) but if he can become a 3-5 point rushing QB per week that should elevate hisFF floor enough to make his passing accuracy & arm relevant in FF.

Stroud has the size, a great arm, makes good decisions and isn’t a statue, so he’s perhaps a better RL QB than Young, but with a lower FF ceiling. He can also roll out and make plays on the run, but he’s not going to be a 5+ point rushing QB (at least I don’t think he will).

That all said, landing spot is going to be everything. Pretty sure Young will be a Texan (and IMO they’re gonna draft WRs early too) so that’s a tough situation.

If Stroud lands in INDY or CAR, or Seattle he could be the better win-now prospect.

Like I said, I’m taking both so I’m rooting for them both to be good. But Young, despite his size, looks like he could be very good. His size does worry me though.
Not sure how you can endorse anyone landing in indy right now. That OL will get him killed if they don't address it in the off-season and their WR corps could be a lot better.
Just thinking out loud - not like Houston is setting Young up for a ton of success either - without naming specific teams, I’ll just say that Stroud could be going to a more win-now situation.

Let’s say NYG dumps Danny Dimes and trades up to take stroud. That’s a situation where he’s playing for Dabol & develops. NYG also doesn’t have a great OL or top WRs, but I’d take that situation over HOU.
Patience will always be needed to be successful in dynasty leagues. The microwave mentality is better suited for redraft.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔

Give me Higgins...he is tied in with a stud QB for a while...Goff is fine for fantasy purposes, but he is not at Burrow's level and not sure how long he will be there...while Higgins does have Chase, Jameson will be a full go next year for Detroit.

Would still go Higgins because there is no guessing at all with Burrow.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔

Ok Yoda, so which of the WR do you prefer in that hypothetical? Sounds like ARSB, but you actually said nothing. :lol:

Burrow vs Herbert
I feel like Herbert is having a floor year, but I still greatly prefer Burrow. I think we haven't seen Burrow's best yet, and his game should age really well. I've got Burrow as QB2 in dynasty behind only Mahomes.

Brian Robinson or James Cook.
I'd say Robinson. I think Buffalo is always gonna run through Josh Allen, whereas Robinson can, and perhaps already may be, the centerpiece of that offense.

Bryce. Both have their warts but I’ll trust the talent and go with the idea of the landscape of the league changing which might allow Bryce to overcome his physical worries as he has everything else needed

Etienne or Dobbins ?
I think Dobbins is a better player than Etienne, but I'm spooked enough by Dobbins health, that I prefer Etienne.

As for Young/Stroud? I like Young quite a bit more, truth be told I prefer Levis to Stroud.
As a UK fan that is a mistake. Levis' decision making is horrific and I think he will be a turnover machine at the next level. Don't buy into the Josh Allen comps easily. I'm not saying he won't be that good, but I've watched every game he has ever played in for UK and he simply makes too many mistakes. Coaching will be crucial for Levis.

Isaiah Pacheco or Alexander Mattison?
Yet again a situation where I got both on the same team.

I'd go with Mattison in a close call. Feel like he's got a better all around skill set and I'd rather have him picking his spot to play next year vs Pachecho being at mercy of what Chiefs decide to do at RB.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔

I don't totally agree with this...it is both...if you are always looking at the future you will never win anything...you always want your core and a good % of the roster to be young but sometimes what you know now is just fine...overall, I tend to get younger in the offseason and a little older during the season when I know what I need to win.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔

Ok Yoda, so which of the WR do you prefer in that hypothetical? Sounds like ARSB, but you actually said nothing. :lol:
Oh, sorry, missed that. I prefer Higgins over ARSB and it isn't close.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔

I don't totally agree with this...it is both...if you are always looking at the future you will never win anything...you always want your core and a good % of the roster to be young but sometimes what you know now is just fine.
I agree and that has always been my philosophy. I try to always win now with an eye on the future. But the concept of dynasty is more of a marathon than a sprint.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔

I don't totally agree with this...it is both...if you are always looking at the future you will never win anything...you always want your core and a good % of the roster to be young but sometimes what you know now is just fine.
I agree and that has always been my philosophy. I try to always win now with an eye on the future. But the concept of dynasty is more of a marathon than a sprint.

Agree 100%.

Thread rules - Post just two players of the same position in a single post and then anyone respond to it. Don't put more than one set of players (2) in your post.

Sam Howell or Brock Purdy?
Here's one that includes a player that will be in the 2023 draft.

Trey Lance or Anthony Richardson? Both are raw. I never thought I would see someone more raw than Lance, but AR is it IMO.
Lance.

I offered the Taylor owner (who’s a Jags fan) ETN, ARSB, and a 1.08 & 2.01 early this season and he rejected it.

And now I’m glad he did. I like Taylor, but yeah - Indy is a rough team right now.

I’d probably rather have Hall, but I understand where you’re coming from with the injury. I have Hall in a 16 team dynasty & I’ll be hoping for a quick recovery.
I would rather have Hall myself but I'm not very risk averse and the only two leagues I have Hall are leagues I traded for him after he tore his ACL. I for sure won't sit here and tell you the ACL is a nothingburger but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Just like direction of that Jets offense now that they will shed Zach. Versus Taylor I just like the offense and system more plus I get about 2 years younger and a little over 700 touches and close to 2.5 seasons less wear and tear.

I like some of the ones that are getting in the weeds in here rather than the big names.

With that in mind, Mike White or Brock Purdy

Jahan Dotson vs Terry McLaurin
McLaurin. Can argue Dotson since he's shown flashes. You can tell the kid is good. But McLaurin has multiple thousand yard seasons, still young enough. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Dotson at this point.

Bijan Robinson or Jonathan Taylor?
Great one. I have to go with Robinson, even not knowing his landing spot. I hate the Indy offense. That could change, but how quickly? I think Robinson is as good of a prospect than Taylor was, if not better. So you have to also go with the younger RB.
Agree here. Don't feel great about the Indy offense, and not a lot of faith that the organization is going to do a good job fixing it anytime soon.

Etienne or Dobbins ?
Etienne.

Lots of reasons. Dobbins has looked slow/awkward despite some big runs. Sure, that'll get better. But no passing game work. Baltimore likes to use a committee. Lamar Jackson leads the committee. Lamar eats a lot of the red zone TD's.

Etienne has 1,000 yards in his 1st season as a starter--more passing game involvement, rising offense.

Users who are viewing this thread