What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Amazon finds (1 Viewer)

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic
What are some relatively inexpensive things you've bought on Amazon (or elsewhere) that maybe you didn't realize how much you needed until you got it?

Soap extension tube kit. I used to hate having to fill our built-in soap dispenser every week.

Dryer vent cleaning kit. I use this in the lint trap slot and going into the vent from the outside. This is could be life-saving for someone.

These plastic scrapers come in handy. I specifically bought to scrape paint off a window.

Favorite screwdriver ever.

Little cast iron pot. Completely unnecessary, but I like heating sauces up on the grill.

These scissors are great for opening those ridiculous packages.

Measuring tape clip to measure precisely to inside edges.

We use this collar on the dog when we go to the family cabin so we can keep an eye on him more easily.

The only thing I ever bought from them was cds, back when I still bought cds. Then I noticed an Amazon store at the mall that had books and other stuff. By the time I went back to buy something they had already closed the store down.

Agree 100% on this screwdriver. I have three of them. They're almost indestructible*.

*If you put the #2 bit in a drill and accidentally run a large screw into a hidden steel beam, you can snap off the end of the bit. But hey, now I have an extra #3 bit.

I have three also but only because we keep misplacing the bits. The first one that I received as a gift is probably 20 years old and still going strong.

Nightstand projection clock -- Just being able to look up and see the time is so worth it. Have had one of these for over 15 years and hate doing without it.
Dual probe thermometer -- Self-explanatory.
Herb scissors -- Love these
Fogless shower mirror -- Similarly been using this a long, long time. Makes shaving in the shower so easy.
Portable air pump -- The one I got on Amazon isn't showing available anymore, but this is just like it for similar cost. Huge timesaver and so convenient. They even make some that can do your car for not much more.

These little Kootek flashlights - Have ordered these multiple times. Bright, inexpensive, and the clip runs the right way so you can slide them on to a ball cap bill and use as a headlamp. I have them in every vehicle, backpack, etc.

I'll add one more even though most people already have this item. But, if you're anything like me, I'd never found a can opener that I liked that worked well and worked easily until this one. This is, by far, the best can opener I've ever used and it's built to last. I've yet to run into a can this thing can't open.

Can opener

These little Kootek flashlights - Have ordered these multiple times. Bright, inexpensive, and the clip runs the right way so you can slide them on to a ball cap bill and use as a headlamp. I have them in every vehicle, backpack, etc.

I've been rocking one of these headlamps for years. Great for doing work in low-lit places . But the light has a very focused area. I recently got something like these (can't remember actual brand) for other times like camping, but haven't used them yet.

Maybe not a hidden product, but wish I bought one sooner.

Battery organizer case - replaced about a dozen various battery packages with one case.

I've seen something like this at Costco but can't imagine how it saves space.
More just saves some rummaging around for the type of battery looking for, and helps to visualize what have left. I’m not sure if saves space, but helped to repurpose space in drawer/cabinet for other loose items, and just keep the battery organizer next to toolbox.

Ok, decided to go back in order history and find other stuff. Here goes:

Soap dispenser -- I don't need that extension kit above because we don't have the built in dispenser. Instead we got one of these for our dishsoap and love it.

Travel wristbands -- This isn't for me, but my wife gets car sick all the time and I'm sure I'm not the only one whose wife or others close to them feel the same. She can't read in the car or look around much without feeling nauseated. But, if she puts these on, it's a game changer. They aren't foolproof but make a world of difference.

Travel organizer -- I saw packing cubes mentioned here multiple times. I ended up finding this thing and absolutely love it. Hang it up, put clothes in, drop it into the suitcase. When I get wherever I'm going, I just hang it up and everything is just how I packed it and accessible, which for me is even better than cubes.

Shoe organizer -- This is in our garage and is so much nicer than how it used to be. And it can be zipped up for looks/keep things clean.

Sponge holder -- After trying various options over the years, this is the one we like the best, by far. Keeps the sponge handy yet out of the way and clean without looking ridiculous.

Pump never need to run out my machines for off season storage. I don't have to lift up my 5 gallon container except when I got to go take it to fill it up at the gas station

ETA: These used to be about $25 so might be too expensive for this thread

Last edited:
Nightstand projection clock -- Just being able to look up and see the time is so worth it. Have had one of these for over 15 years and hate doing without it.

Just bought one of these. Have had the same old cranky bedside clock for decades.
You don't realize how great the projection is until you experience it. Never have to roll over while half asleep to see the time if that's a thing for you.

And you can completely dim/turn off the stand light so it doesn't bother you. You can similarly dim the projection.

Just bought one of these. Have had the same old cranky bedside clock for decades.
You don't realize how great the projection is until you experience it. Never have to roll over while half asleep to see the time if that's a thing for you.

And you can completely dim/turn off the stand light so it doesn't bother you. You can similarly dim the projection.
Just so im clear. I can turn off the actual clock but still have the projection going?

One annoying thing about Amazon is how they default you to the subscribe and save option. Why would I want a new soap extension kit every 2 months?
Also, everything you look at today, you are going to get emails from Amazon letting you know they are still available.

Dual probe thermometer -- Self-explanatory.
Herb scissors -- Love these
Fogless shower mirror -- Similarly been using this a long, long time. Makes shaving in the shower so easy.
Portable air pump -- The one I got on Amazon isn't showing available anymore, but this is just like it for similar cost. Huge timesaver and so convenient. They even make some that can do your car for not much more.
It doesnt fit this category because its like $100 but i have a car battery jumper/air compressor/usb charger and its awesome

Just so im clear. I can turn off the actual clock but still have the projection going?
Yep.

Pump never need to run out my machines for off season storage. I don't have to lift up my 5 gallon container except when I got to go take it to fill it up at the gas station

ETA: These used to be about $25 so might be too expensive for this thread
These are great. Some old guy saw me trying to fill my boat with gas cans while it was in the slip. Showed me one of these and told me it would change my life. So much easier and less chance to spill.

Users who are viewing this thread