What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Next 100 best movies from the 80's (1 Viewer)

12. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
shuke - #31
Scoresman - #2

Thousands times better than Temple of Doom. The Ford/Connery chemistry is pretty damn good.
Pretty big oversight by the original thread imho. But not surprising after the raiders disrespect.

In my top 25. Have probably watched it 25 times.
I had indy 3 ranked higher and on my list. :shrug:.

I also chuckle when you post stuff like the bolded. I forget it's weird to watch movies 100s of times. :lol:

11. Big Trouble In Little China
shuke - #10
Lambskin - #18

More Carpenter awesomeness. I don't care what your criteria is for these lists, this should be on it.
This one was in heavy rotation for me, and my cousin when i'd stay there during the summer.....there were two other movies we watched the crap out of that I wont name, as they could still be on the list.....I mean, they probly shouldn't be (this high), but after Howard the duck, and Toxic avenger made an appearance, all bets are off.

11. Big Trouble In Little China
shuke - #10
Lambskin - #18

More Carpenter awesomeness. I don't care what your criteria is for these lists, this should be on it.
This one was in heavy rotation for me, and my cousin when i'd stay there during the summer.....there were two other movies we watched the crap out of that I wont name, as they could still be on the list.....I mean, they probly shouldn't be (this high), but after Howard the duck, and Toxic avenger made an appearance, all bets are off.

I haven’t seen this one in quite awhile, gonna have to work it in one night

14. Manhunter
shuke - #6
Scoresman - #33

The introduction of Hannibal Lecter to the big screen. Also the introduction of Will Graham, who was the centerpieces of the underappreciated NBC series Hannibal.

Featuring one of my favorite ever movie scenes using music. This is pretty spoilery if you haven't seen this and are planning to. I highly recommend.

It might be hard to catch from the trailer, but that is Succession's Brian Cox playing Lecter.
Chris Elliot is also in this movie for some reason.

14. Manhunter
shuke - #6
Scoresman - #33

The introduction of Hannibal Lecter to the big screen. Also the introduction of Will Graham, who was the centerpieces of the underappreciated NBC series Hannibal.

Featuring one of my favorite ever movie scenes using music. This is pretty spoilery if you haven't seen this and are planning to. I highly recommend.

It might be hard to catch from the trailer, but that is Succession's Brian Cox playing Lecter.
Young Phillip Seymour Hoffman as sleazy tabloid reporter is a treat.

14. Manhunter
shuke - #6
Scoresman - #33

Young Phillip Seymour Hoffman as sleazy tabloid reporter is a treat.
That was the remake - Red Dragon - I believe.

14. On the Right Track
Lambskin - #3
shuke - #46
Scoresman - #29
It’s a good thing I never saw this or it very well might have made my list. I was a huge different strokes f
Lol. I almost started watching it thinking it was a pick.
It is in keeping with the ridiculous films you watch while baked. :laugh:
Last night for 70s research I watched The Wicker Man and The Wiz. :lmao: what a combo

shuke - #31
Scoresman - #2

Thousands times better than Temple of Doom. The Ford/Connery chemistry is pretty damn good.

I don't know if I have ever seen it but in my mind I was always under the impression that this was a terrible movie. I am not sure where I got that impression as I really don't think I have seen it. I just thought it was the third movie in the series so it must not be very good and just a money grab. Don't know why I have never given it a chance. Very odd. I guess I will have to give it a go.

shuke - #31
Scoresman - #2

I don't know if I have ever seen it but in my mind I was always under the impression that this was a terrible movie. I am not sure where I got that impression as I really don't think I have seen it. I just thought it was the third movie in the series so it must not be very good and just a money grab. Don't know why I have never given it a chance. Very odd. I guess I will have to give it a go.
The opposite is true. The movie brought the series back to form, fixing the issues a lot of people had with Temple of Doom. Other than nostalgia, it's probably a better movie than Raiders. The only area I feel it isn't is in the love interest. Marion > all.

shuke - #31
Scoresman - #2

I could see people calling II and IV terrible but not Last Crusade.

shuke - #31
Scoresman - #2

The opposite is true. The movie brought the series back to form, fixing the issues a lot of people had with Temple of Doom. Other than nostalgia, it's probably a better movie than Raiders. The only area I feel it isn't is in the love interest. Marion > all.
Yea Marion is the best for sure

I very well could be mixing IV and three in my head and just going with it. Like I said, I don't recall ever seeing it and just had the impression it was bad. I will remedy that soon and see for myself. hahaa

I very well could be mixing IV and three in my head and just going with it. Like I said, I don't recall ever seeing it and just had the impression it was bad. I will remedy that soon and see for myself. hahaa

You'd remember it if you had seen it. Sean Connery plays his dad and is a big part of the movie. In my opinion, it's the best of the series. That said, I watched it again a couple of years ago, and adult me didn't like it as much as teenager me. Little too much cheese. Still enjoyable.

14. Manhunter
shuke - #6
Scoresman - #33

I think he played the paper boy.

I've been following along, but not posting. Just wanted to say, fun thread @shuke and the rest. One of these days when I have more time, I'll participate more in this type of thing.

About this list ... there have been a few that honestly surprised me didn't make the first 100 (Untouchables being the biggest oversight, IMO). There have also been some on this list that I was happy to see, but would understand if they didn't get picked. Like Red Dawn. "Just piss in the radiator, Danny!"

Keep it up gentlemen!

Pretend IV was never made.
Never saw it based on the awful review/word of mouth
It’s pretty terrible
I know everyone thinks I hate Indy but I Iove those movies and don’t want my memories tarnished by garbage sequels. Same reason I stopped with Star Wars after Attack of the Clones.

Wait have you never seen Revenge of the Sith? Top 3 Star Wars movie, possibly even #1. McGregor was an Oscar snub IMO

It’s pretty terrible
I know everyone thinks I hate Indy but I Iove those movies and don’t want my memories tarnished by garbage sequels. Same reason I stopped with Star Wars after Attack of the Clones.

Wait have you never seen Revenge of the Sith? Top 3 Star Wars movie, possibly even #1. McGregor was an Oscar snub IMO
I was going to tell him the one to check out was Rogue One.

It’s pretty terrible

I was going to tell him the one to check out was Rogue One.
Yeah Rogue One very good as well

I’d probably say top 3
Empire
ROTS
Rogue One

Nope, I’ve heard it’s good and other ones are good. Hated Lucas tinkering with the original trilogy. Hated Phantom and Clones. I just don’t care about any of those actors or their versions of the characters. I was a SW nut when I was a kid with shirts, toys, multiple copies of the VHS, books, video games, SW themed birthday party. But that’s all totally dead and have no interest in any of that fanboy stuff. I’m glad that was a phase I had at 12 and not 20s and beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread