What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

This thread has become a place for people that love to talk about their teams - getting “not so great” offers and posting them here.
Some of the offers in here aren’t even all that bad really.
The title of the thread leaves little room for people to participate if strictly followed. By definition, everyone should only have one submission, however, many people get many bad offers. Having people post offers they think are bad and see opinions counter to theirs can be constructive to help shape valuations. To only have a thread where everyone agrees is just an echo chamber where people can then feel a (false) sense of superiority about their knowledgeability over others.
I guess if someone doesn't like it, they can choose to not read/participate.
Thanks, Mr. Literal. I'm pretty sure most got the point.

Also, thanks for telling us that we can choose to stay out of a thread that has been bastardized if we don't like it.

This thread has become a place for people that love to talk about their teams - getting “not so great” offers and posting them here.
The title of the thread leaves little room for people to participate if strictly followed. By definition, everyone should only have one submission, however, many people get many bad offers. Having people post offers they think are bad and see opinions counter to theirs can be constructive to help shape valuations. To only have a thread where everyone agrees is just an echo chamber where people can then feel a (false) sense of superiority about their knowledgeability over others.
I guess if someone doesn't like it, they can choose to not read/participate.
Thanks, Mr. Literal. I'm pretty sure most got the point.

Also, thanks for telling us that we can choose to stay out of a thread that has been bastardized if we don't like it.
So you don't like reading about other people fantasy teams and trade offers they've received that they feel are "not so great" - got it.

I would hazard a guess that most people like to talk about their own fantasy team(s). Complaining on the thread created for people to share their worst offer received seems like you just want to take a shot at those who post trade offers that don't meet up with your expectations of what a bad offer is. If only the rest of us knew as much as you about trade values, then the fantasy football world would be a much better place where we wouldn't need a thread to post about the worst offers as all trade offers would be fair and beneficial to both sides.

I've said my piece. I'm sure you'll have a retort but I won't be responding. To everyone else, I look forward to any other submissions of bad trade offers, for the entertainment value and to commiserate with those who receive them.

So you don't like reading about other people fantasy teams and trade offers they've received that they feel are "not so great" - got it.
I actually didn’t say that - I just replied to a post and said it was happening. I think the original design of the thread was to laugh at ridiculous offers, and there’s other places to discuss the things you talked about.

But this is a fairly un-important thread. If I cared that much about it I wouldn’t venture in.

But thanks for your holier than though spiel. I’ll manage to ignore you going forward.

I feel like most people could agree that:

(1) if it's intended that you can only post one offer to the thread, the literal worst offer you've ever received, it would be ... a weird rule. I guess new people would continue to come along and keep the thread going. But would seem a little strict;

and at the same time, (2) it's probably not intended to just post any trade offer that you thought wasn't close. It seems like it ought to be so laughable that you can't imagine anyone even considering it. Like, off by 2 or 3 first round picks, or Jefferson thrown into a trade that would have seemed fair without him.

What's wrong with offer #6?
Rode hard and put out wet soon to be geezer as far as a dynasty asset?
Top 10 WR with a good QB for a while. He's 28.
Not a worst offer candidate
I agree not a worst offer candidate. I think this thread has gotten lax with posts claiming worst offers.
Most are pretty terrible though.

but terrible is in the eye of the beholder

(1) if it's intended that you can only post one offer to the thread, the literal worst offer you've ever received,
Wouldn't it be possible to get the "worst offer ever" today and then two weeks from now get a different offer that overtakes the original offer? I don't see it as limiting each poster to only one submission because of this.

I mean I have had leaguemates that never cease to amaze me when it comes to offers that continually get worse. hahhahhaha

(1) if it's intended that you can only post one offer to the thread, the literal worst offer you've ever received,
Wouldn't it be possible to get the "worst offer ever" today and then two weeks from now get a different offer that overtakes the original offer? I don't see it as limiting each poster to only one submission because of this.

I mean I have had leaguemates that never cease to amaze me when it comes to offers that continually get worse. hahhahhaha
This is very true, you could amend your choice whenever a more disgusting offer comes in. But still, suppose you get an atrocious offer that you consider slightly less bad than the one you already posted? I feel like the title's true implied meaning is "What are some of the worst trade offers you've ever gotten?" The OP most likely even states that explicitly in the last sentence.

A very good percentage of offers I receive are instant reject, and many I laugh at (not to the other owner, just in reaction when I see it). But I would probably only post here if it seemed off the charts ridiculous. But I would still post it, even if I had seen even worse before.

I offered:
for
2024 1st (late- league winner), 2023 2nd (late-league winner)

He countered saying he needed a top 5 pick for his 2024 1st and 2nd.
Then offered:
His 2024 1, 2 (late- league winner)
for my 1.03, 1.10

He revoked it and followed that up with:
His 2024 1, 2
for my 1.03

I offered:
for

Then offered:
for my 1.03, 1.10

His 2024 1, 2
for my 1.03
I think your initial offer is a bit steep in your favor and he followed up with an offer that was a bit steep in his direction.

I offered:
for

Then offered:
for my 1.03, 1.10

His 2024 1, 2
for my 1.03
I think your initial offer is a bit steep in your favor and he followed up with an offer that was a bit steep in his direction.
short bench league, trading the 1.10 this year for most likely 1.12 and 2.12 next year seems pretty fair or not in my favor.
A bit steep?
Would you seriously consider 1.03 for 2024 1.12 and 2.12? I highly doubt it.

Pick 10 this year for an obvious playoff teams late future 1st and 2nd is a "bad offer"??
This is what I am struggling with. I have made multiple trades for 1.09-1.11 for next years later firsts.
This first is an obvious late pick with a very strong team that just won the league.

Would you seriously consider 1.03 for 2024 1.12 and 2.12? I highly doubt it.
No I would not. Like I said both offers were in the favor of the teams making the offer and I don't think I would have accepted either of them. But neither are on the worst offer of all time spectrum.
That is a joke.
1.03 for a league winners 2024 1 and 2 is a very bad trade offer.

The part I especially disagree with is that my offer isn't a good offer which you initially stated it is a bit steep. I have completed 4 trades very similar to the offer in my post this offseason.

The part I especially disagree with is that my offer isn't a good offer which you initially stated it is a bit steep. I have completed 4 trades very similar to the offer in my post this offseason.
Being a "bit steep" doesn't mean it is a bad offer. Obviously you are trying to do something you think benefits you. I think your offer benefits you. It doesn't mean that nobody would ever take it. It's just in your favor. If someone really had a target at 1.10 then giving up a late 2024 1st and late 2024 2nd isn't out of the realm of possibilities. I just wouldn't do it at this time. Maybe when 1.10 was on the clock and a player I coveted was available......but not a month before the NFL draft when I have no idea who will be available at 1.10

That is a joke.
I hate trade calcs but for picks only they typically are better than for players. Plugging this into KTC calculator favors the 1.03 a bit. The offer of 1.10 for the 2024 late 1st and late 2nd favors the 2024 picks by more than it favored the 1.03 in the other offer.

I don't agree with that assessment but I don't think it's far off. I probably have the gap bigger on the 1.03 version of the trade in favor of the 1.03 but it's not that far off of the favoring to your side in your initial offer.

That is a joke.
I hate trade calcs but for picks only they typically are better than for players. Plugging this into KTC calculator favors the 1.03 a bit. The offer of 1.10 for the 2024 late 1st and late 2nd favors the 2024 picks by more than it favored the 1.03 in the other offer.

I don't agree with that assessment but I don't think it's far off. I probably have the gap bigger on the 1.03 version of the trade in favor of the 1.03 but it's not that far off of the favoring to your side in your initial offer.
Throw that calculator away

Being a "bit steep" doesn't mean it is a bad offer. Obviously you are trying to do something you think benefits you. I think your offer benefits you. It doesn't mean that nobody would ever take it. It's just in your favor. If someone really had a target at 1.10 then giving up a late 2024 1st and late 2024 2nd isn't out of the realm of possibilities. I just wouldn't do it at this time. Maybe when 1.10 was on the clock and a player I coveted was available......but not a month before the NFL draft when I have no idea who will be available at 1.10
My benefit in trying to do this a 5th time this offseason is push some of my 2023 picks to next year. In the other trades case I was going for early/mid picks so I can sneak inside the top 6 potentially. This would be the worst of my obtained 2024 picks I would have attempted if he accepted and for the low price of 2.12 to move into this years first round at pick 10 seems actually very light.

If you’re someone who thinks this thread should only be for the “worst” offer ever received or don’t want to read about other people’s leagues/teams, go ahead and skip this post.

If you’re still reading and want to see some (subjectively) poor offers, here’s some that have come my way in a 16 team SF start 11 (I get many but picked what I thought were the worst ones - 2 different managers sending the offers).

Give: 1.03
Get: Pickens, J Conner

Give: 1.03
Get: Pickens, 1.15, 2025 2nd

Give: D Pierce
Get: V Jones, Westbrook-Ikhine, 2025 2nd

Give: D Pierce
Get: V Jones, Atwell, 3.01, 2025 2nd

If you don’t think any of the offers are poor and have constructive feedback as to your reasons why, I’d appreciate reading about it to help reflect on my valuations. Cheers.

:oldunsure:
Superflex:

I mentioned in chat that I’ll like to pick up a couple late picks for taxi squad spots - IF cheap. Guy offered me wentz, 4th, 5th and 7th for Derek Carr. I countered Mike white for the 4th and 5th (he has Tua and not much else at QB). He then counters the 4th and 5th for Carr 🤔

Lamented to one of my leaguemates about hating my 2.12 pick and that the late second this year looks like dart throw territory, so I wake up to this offer today

I give 2.12 and 2025 1st
I get 2.07
Last year in a DEVY league I gave a 2023 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick because we were at one short of the maximum DEVY allowed to be drafted (15) and took Bryce Young. I'm sure at the time some were scratching their head.

Lamented to one of my leaguemates about hating my 2.12 pick and that the late second this year looks like dart throw territory, so I wake up to this offer today

I give 2.12 and 2025 1st
I get 2.07
Last year in a DEVY league I gave a 2023 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick because we were at one short of the maximum DEVY allowed to be drafted (15) and took Bryce Young. I'm sure at the time some were scratching their head.
I was more than happy to take your 2023 1st for it. Now the guy who traded it to me for two late 3rd round picks an hour earlier probably wasn't real happy.

I give 2.12 and 2025 1st
I get 2.07
I was more than happy to take your 2023 1st for it. Now the guy who traded it to me for two late 3rd round picks an hour earlier probably wasn't real happy.
OMG so you dealt for 2x 3rd rounders, then were able to flip one to Dez for a future 1st?

That's just incredible.

I give 2.12 and 2025 1st
I get 2.07
OMG so you dealt for 2x 3rd rounders, then were able to flip one to Dez for a future 1st?

That's just incredible.
All I know is that I traded a 2023 1st for Bryce Young in all that.

Just got offered
1.11+late 24 2nd for
my 24 first (top 3 lock) plus a late 24 third. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .
No wonder this guy's team is amazing. If people have been doing these with this guy...
Is it bad form to counter with an offer where I get Ja'Maar Chase back?

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Just had an absolute doozy and responded laughing and saying "I'm not sure you're serious"...

I have Kyler, Tua and Russ and hold pick 1, 5, 11 and 15.

I was offered:

His Lamar Jackson, 3rd rounder and 4th rounder.

My Breece Hall, Jaylen Waddle and TJ Hockenson.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Just had an absolute doozy and responded laughing and saying "I'm not sure you're serious"...

I was offered:

I would invite him to go snipe hunting.

In all fairness, it wasn't offered out of the blue, I actually inquired what he would want for Josh Jacobs.

He offered
Jacobs and Goedert (it's a zero TE league, just one flex spot if you want to play one)

for

1.01 and Garrett Wilson

I was offered:

I would invite him to go snipe hunting.
The original offer was a 4th and 5th round pick and when I laughed at him he said - I'll change the 5th into a 3rd. Gee... thanks.

Auction league, so the "gets" may be way lower salaries than the "gives", but still:

Get: Mayfield, Gallup, Likely, James Mitchell, Logan Thomas
Give: Justin Fields, CeeDee Lamb

Auction league, so the "gets" may be way lower salaries than the "gives", but still:

Get: Mayfield, Gallup, Likely, James Mitchell, Logan Thomas
Give: Justin Fields, CeeDee Lamb

I know some people offer these types of trades after being offered an even worse offer.

made an offer for Lockett and K Allen to see if an owner wanted to get younger, and he countered

Lockett and Allen
for
Diggs and Flowers

SMH it's not re-draft

Users who are viewing this thread