What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Need a QB replacement for L. Jackson this week. 4 pts per TD pass.

* D. Carr vs DET -- DET looked horrible against J. Love last week and has been mediocre vs. the pass. Game indoors. However, it looks like Olave and Rasheed are going to be out. Carr wasn't that inspiring against ATL either.

or

* G. Minshew @TN -- TN most definitely a pass funnel D. Last game against TN, Minshew came in and completed 78% of his passes. Looks like J. Taylor iffy. That may be good for throwing. All that said, TN seems to play inspired football at home.

Which?

Thanks
I lean Carr. Hes usually good for 300 yards passing just can never punch it into the end zone. This should be high scoring game.
Even minus his top two WRs?
Technically top 3. Yeah its not ideal. I just think that game has shootout written all over it while Indy vs TEN can be low scoring affair. Go with your gut. Most rankings have Minshew higher but Id prefer Carr.

My Weekly do I really believe in Breece Hall dilemma....

Note: this is essentially a walkover week, playing the team 12th in scoring (I'm 2nd.) If I manage to lose this week I might retire. Dude has 7 players on a bye, he's starting Michael Carter.

Flex:
  • Breece Hall v ATL (OL, Tim Boyle, general malaise)
  • Jaylen Warren v ARI (new playcallers, fumbled last week)
  • Zack Moss at TEN (zombie RB will be the workhorse for 2-3 weeks)

Also....

WR3: Chris Olave will almost surely miss the Detroit game. He is in the protocol, his 3rd in concussion in the last few years. My options:
  • red hot Jayden Reed v KC
  • rookie A.T. Perry v DET
TE:
  • Sam LaPorta at NO (autostart, right? right?)
  • David Njoku at LAR (touchdown + 2 pt gave LaPorta the edge last week but the CLE TE has been on a tear)
I probably go with Moss who was excellent earlier in the season playing a team so committed to the run.

AT, who? I mean, are you seriously considering a guy who has six targets on the entire season? I'm going with Reed.

It's tough to bench Njoku even with PJ Walker and DTR under center. Too much volume. It's also a better matchup and Goff is struggling enough that ARSB is the only guy I would completely rely upon.

Stroud vs Denver
Or
Tua vs Washington
Nice.

The honest answer is "Yes" and you should pick one and be happy with that choice.

I probably go with Tua based on the matchup. The Commanders have been poor against the pass all season and over the last five games while the Broncos pass D is their strength.

But you really can't go wrong here and I could easily see going with Stroud at home (Tua is on the road, you should make that distinction in your posts).

Trade question. PPR league.

I've been trying to sell R. Mostert for weeks. And a good thing I didn't. This is the last week to either sell or go all in as my deadline is Friday. Two deals I'm looking for opinions on, one where I go all in on the Miami backfield or sell Mostert. Deals:

Deal 1:

* Sell Z. Charbonnet
* Get D. Achane

Reasoning: I secure the Miami backfield in case of injury (and I have Wilson now), add ceiling for the playoffs, and sell Z. Charbonnett now (K. Walker looks to be out), before Walker gets back and also before a horrendous schedule kicks in @DAL, @SF, PHI, TN, PIT.

The Achane is currently starting him, but he's iffy as we know. He's also desperate for a win and Charbonnet is projected to score more points. And he owns K. Walker so he'd be securing the SEA backfield.

I'd have two backs from the same backfield now - DET (Gibbs, Monty) and MIA (Mostert, Achane)

Deal 2)

* Sell R. Mostert
* Get: J. Cook

Cook seems to have the more favorable playoff schedule (DAL, @LAC, NE) vs. Mosterts (NYJ, DAL, @BALT). That said, this may be swapping one headache for another as Cook has to deal with L. Murray and Ty Johnson.

My other RBs:

* Kyren Williams, J. Gibbs, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert (Z. Charbonnett, T. Spears, J. Wilson, R. Johnson)

I've pretty much secured a top 4 playoff seed and could grab #1 so this is all about playoff positioning.

Which one makes more sense? Or just stand pat?

Thanks
I like Charbonnet the least out of all the options so I guess I would lean getting rid of him.

Cook is fine and it's great his volume has increased since getting rid of Dorsey. He's great in PPR but doesn't offer much near the GL. And if it means you have Cook + Charbonnett I think that is a net loss compared to Mostert + Achane.

Playoffs! Byes! Injuries! OH MY!

FFPC scoring:

Need TWO flexes:

T.Lockett @ Dall(tough matchup,offense struggling)
C.Samuel vs Mia(getting looks,will it continue?)
C.Otton vs Car(sneaky play vs bad defense?)
I'm off Seahawks until further notice. I love Lockett as a player, maybe my favorite non-Raider, and he can certainly put up numbers any given week but the Seahawks simply look bad and I don't think that changes this week.

Bench Lockett

Pick two .5 PPR:

Pacheco @ GB
Kamara Det

Zack Moss @ Tenn
Dont see how anyone can sit the bolded
This is what I have locked in now but Moss went off when he was starter, especially against Tenn.

Everytime I start Pacheco he gets like 50 yards and Mahomes throws multiple one yard TD's to some backup TE or hands off to CEH :lol:
Moss is a great option this week... just not over those two.

I have Pacheco. Mahomes hasnt stoled as many short passing TDs this year as opposed to years past and does CEH even have a TD?

1 point PPR

Need to start 2

Charbonnet at Dallas
Henry vs Indy
Diontae vs Arizona
Warren vs Arizona
Singletary vs Denver

.5 PPR

Need 1

Lockett at Dallas
Cooks vs Seattle
Ingram Vs Cinci
Higgins at Jax

Leaning Cooks

Thanks!
I'm starting Henry and Singletary and not really thinking twice about it. Tennessee wants their offense to run through Henry and Indy has been tied for fifth worst against the RBs over the last five weeks (my league, YMMV). Singletary's touches and efficiency were disappointing last week but he still had an 82% snap share and the Jags are excellent against the run. The Broncos are still terrible against RBs, worst on the season and worst over the last five games (my league).

I don't like your options but I guess I can see going with Cooks with the understanding that if he doesn't get into the endzone he will probably be a dud for you. But the other guys don't make strong cases either.

1/2 PPR

Start Rhamondre vs LAC or McLaurin vs MIA at flex?
I'm probably starting Rhamondre as a pure volume play at home. I like McLaurin but he has been so inconsistent with his production that I feel volume is the distinguishing factor.

It's close so go with your gut.

I lean Rhamondre

Need a flex
.5 ppr

Charb @ Dallas
Mclaurin @ MIA
R RIce @ GB
I think I take the chance on Rice. He's the hot hand, and he's been the hot hand in KC for a while now and now he may be a volume play too. It's a fine matchup.

Charbonnet isn't interesting to me and I like McLaurin but don't feel he is really reliable. Since Rice became the starter in week 7 (5 games) he only sees 5.6 targets/game compared to 9.2 for McLaurin but Rice has the same number of receptions (4.6/g) for more yards (282-262) with three TDs to one for McLaurin. If Rice really is becoming Mahomes's favorite target and they trust him enough to deploy him more, then I want a piece of that.

I start Rice

I need to win to lock up a bye. Who should I go with at TE in half PPR? Logan Thomas (vs MIA) or Taysom Hill (vs DET)?

I’d have to spend FAAB to get Hill, and probably a pretty penny since 3 owners are starting Otton, Everett and Kraft. Thomas also has a bye next week, but Likely is a FA at the moment.
I kind of like Hill for his versatility and he is seeing some fairly consistent usage for the first time in his career. He gets around 6 carries and 4 targets per game over his last five and has thrown 3 passes in those games with 3 rush, 1 receiving and one passing TD over that span. Detroit defense has been reeling lately. I think he has a decent floor and far more upside than Thomas.

Thomas is on the field more but he gets less utilization, about six targets/game.

I roll the dice on Taysom.

In this week's episode of..."Who's My WR2?"

D.Johnson/Pit v Ari
J.Downs/Ind @Ten
B.Cooks/Dal v Sea (Thu)

1ppr pick one

It's a good match up for Downs. Both Johnson and Downs got their typical snaps and targets last week (but didn't do much with them). I read that Cooks is WR7 over the last 6 weeks, but it's heavily TD dependent (3 or 4 catches on 4 or 5 targets usually).

I'm leaning Downs, but want to play Cooks...
Nothing wrong with Cooks at this point. Dak seems to have finally solidified his connection with him and the deep strikes seem more well considered and efficient now. You are absolutely right that he is completely TD dependent but this looks to be another Cowboys blowout at home so there is nothing wrong with backing the guy on the team that has a pretty good chance of putting up 40 points.

The others are volume plays with lesser QBs. They should be solid and also have some TD upside but they seem like less interesting options. That may not be the best reason to roll the dice on Cooks but sometimes I like to start the guy who will be the most fun to watch.

If you bench Cooks I guess I go with Diontae mostly because he's at home and Downs is on the road. The matchups are similar enough that location seems like a deciding factor.

Not a start/sit question, but a "Who do I Drop?" question. I have RB Kyren Williams that I have to move out of the IR spot.

Full PPR - start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 DST

Currently have 4 RB's on the active roster:
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - New England
RB - Jaylen Warren - Pittsburgh
RB - Jerome Ford - Cleveland
RB - Zach Charbonnet - Seattle

Currently have 5 WR's on the roster
WR - Stefon Diggs - Buffalo
WR - CeeDee Lamb - Dallas
WR - Diontae Johnson - Pittsburgh
WR - Tyler Lockett - Seattle
WR - Drake London

Currently have 2 DST's on the roster
Cowboys DST
49ers DST

I could try to swing a trade, but I'm not allowed to submit a trade offer until after I move Kyren out. Our trade deadline is 3 AM on 12/1. Plus nobody in my league ever wants to trade with me.
I must be one of the few who isn't particularly high on Charbonnet but, since you only have four RBs on your roster I guess you have to keep him.

I can see getting rid of one defense and that probably should be the Cowboys but it would be nice if you could do it after this week.

Of the other options I might consider cutting bait on Lockett. I don't see a scenario where he starts over any of your other options and Seattle looks done IMO.
Well, if I drop Charbonnet I would still have 4 active RB's, since Kyren Williams would take his spot. I can drop Charbonnet tonight and he will be available for pickup next week if I really want him. Just would stink since I already spent decent FAAB to pick him up.

I agree about dropping Cowboys after this week, but I need them this week. I guess I could just ride it out with Kyren still on IR, but I'd really like to have him in the lineup for this week.

One more win either this week or next week and I clinch a 1st round bye. Only problem is I am underdog both weeks.
Again, I am kind of down on the Seahawks in general and Charbonnet specifically. Plus the return of Walker looms with him and then he's an average back in a timeshare at best.

Young or Brown at QB is my dilemma. Leaning to Young with new coach bump and a so so TB defense.
Not trying to be a jerk or anything but this thread already takes up waaaay to much time for me because I am committed to trying to answer every question asked. So any help is appreciated. Next time please get the QB names correct, I assume you meant Browning but with all the injuries I did check every team to make sure I didn't miss anything. Also both players matchup information is helpful, including whether they are at home or away (Young @ TB & Browning @ JAX etc). Thanks man.

At any rate you have two terrible options IMO and I agree with your thinking. Although with very little confidence.

Tampa Bay has been consistently worse against QBs but the Jags haven't been great, mostly because they are very good against the run so teams throw against them more than almost any other team so Browning could be a volume play. Browning also has much better WRs and it was concerning how they didn't try to feature the running game at all last week. I expect an attempt to correct the RB usage but against the Jaguars that may be a moot point.

Still, I have to believe Young is the better talent and that, I guess is a differentiating factor.

Begrudgingly I'd start Young.

Pick two .5 PPR:

Pacheco @ GB
Kamara Det
Zack Moss @ Tenn
Definitely start Kamara.

I am surprisingly hesitant about saying Pacheco as well. I thought he would be much more efficient on 20 touches against the Raiders. The two TDs are awesome but I am not counting on TD production from him.

Moss was a surprisingly strong starter for five games this year. He averaged 22 touches, 115 yards with 5 TDs in 5 games. Indianapolis seems committed to the run and running the ball near the goal line.

The matchups are pretty similar

I think I bench Pacheco.

In general, is Rashee Rice a must start in leagues with a flex going forward?
In general I think he is absolutely in consideration for that status. But there are so many potential options that it is difficult to simply say he is a "must start". If he sees 10 targets again this week then probably, yes.

I'll start.

Super flex PPR. I need one flex player.

D. Ridder @ NYJ
W. Levis v IND
J. Ford @ LAR
R.Rice v GBP
C. Ridley v CIN

Usually I at least have some feel for which way I want to go but, ATM, I really don't.

Even in a SF, I don't like Ridder's matchup and Levis hasn't done much to instill confidence.

Probably going with Ridley or Rice.

i think Rice. I atcually like Ford a decent amount too. just a feeling

14 team PPR, cant believe I am going to ask, but I need 3 of these(one as my Sflex)

WR - Pickens v Cardinals, Chase at Jax, Downs at Tenn, Godwin vs Carolina, A.T. Perry vs Lions, Watson vs KC and TE - Ferguson vs Seattle.

Right now, got Pickens, Chase at WR and Downs as SFlex. My qbs are on bye for SFlex spot.

Yo Chaka! Half ppr

need a RB and a Flex
Brian Robinson vs miami
Singletary vs Denver
Warren vs Arizona
Charbs vs Dallas

plus available Wr for flex consideration

Metcalf vs Dallas
Nakua vs Cleveland

As always, thanks man!

I need to win to lock up a bye. Who should I go with at TE in half PPR? Logan Thomas (vs MIA) or Taysom Hill (vs DET)?

I’d have to spend FAAB to get Hill, and probably a pretty penny since 3 owners are starting Otton, Everett and Kraft. Thomas also has a bye next week, but Likely is a FA at the moment.
I kind of like Hill for his versatility and he is seeing some fairly consistent usage for the first time in his career. He gets around 6 carries and 4 targets per game over his last five and has thrown 3 passes in those games with 3 rush, 1 receiving and one passing TD over that span. Detroit defense has been reeling lately. I think he has a decent floor and far more upside than Thomas.

Thomas is on the field more but he gets less utilization, about six targets/game.

I roll the dice on Taysom.
Thanks. I’m also facing the Kelce owner.

Pick two .5 PPR:

Pacheco @ GB
Kamara Det

Zack Moss @ Tenn
Dont see how anyone can sit the bolded
This is what I have locked in now but Moss went off when he was starter, especially against Tenn.

Everytime I start Pacheco he gets like 50 yards and Mahomes throws multiple one yard TD's to some backup TE or hands off to CEH :lol:
Moss is a great option this week... just not over those two.

I have Pacheco. Mahomes hasnt stoled as many short passing TDs this year as opposed to years past and does CEH even have a TD?
I have just had bad luck picking him to start. He’s been ok even in bad games.

I really like Moss this week but Pacheco has a decent matchup and went off last week.

Would think about benching Kamara TBH but all those injuries on NO should have him catching even more.

Tough pick.

10-team PPR Superflex, all TDs 6. McCaffrey is my RB1. Pick 2 to start at RB2 and flex.

Achane @ WAS
Pacheco @ GB
Kyren vs. CLE

Alternatively, would you start all three, the third in the Superflex spot, and sit Herbert @ NE? My other QB is Dak and I can't sit him given how hot he's been.

12-team PPR with 2 flex spots. Which two from this list to start at flex?

Brian Robinson vs. MIA
Doubs vs. KC
Kirk vs. CIN
Lockett @ DAL
R. Rice @ GB

1 PT PPR…pick 2:

BRobinson v MIA (best matchup)
Swift v SF
Metcalf @ DAL
Robinson for sure. SF has been stingy with fantasy points allowed to RBs and DAL has been stingy with fantasy points allowed to WRs. As an Eagles fan I'd like to believe Swift will get a lot of use because they need to keep the ball away from the SF playmakers, but I have no idea if that will actually happen.

For your second one Singletary seems like the guy I'd bench, at least on the surface. His usage last week was concerning for sure but his snap share was still strong at 82%.

They fell in a hole FAST though. He was still targeted a ton as a receiver. I think had the script been different, you'd have seen him used more running it too. Not like Pierce did jack with the 8-10 touches they wasted on him, either.

ppr

hopkins vs IND
or
cooper @ LA
If DTR starts definitely Hopkins. If it's Flacco I might be tempted to go with Cooper. He really locked in on Garrett Wilson in his four starts last year (weeks 1-3 & 17). There is a chance that Njoku maintains his role as safety blanket but I think Cooper may be a good gamble with Flacco.

But definitely Hopkins if DTR is starting.

For your second one Singletary seems like the guy I'd bench, at least on the surface. His usage last week was concerning for sure but his snap share was still strong at 82%.

They fell in a hole FAST though. He was still targeted a ton as a receiver. I think had the script been different, you'd have seen him used more running it too. Not like Pierce did jack with the 8-10 touches they wasted on him, either.
Maybe but down 10 at the 9:43 mark in the 2nd isn't an "abandon the game plan" score. They were only down 6 at the half and had a lead by the 8:10 mark in the 3rd.

I think it was more that the Jags run defense is very good.

I ultimately recommended to start Singletary over Swift.

This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let's hit the playoffs push!

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Hi Chaka - 1/2 pt ppr - We start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Flex ( Rb,Wr,Te)

My only 2 choices are:

Joe Mixon @ Jax
or
B Cooks hm vs Sea

Thanks in advance !

.5 PPR

Looking for 2 FLEX out of these 4:

Swift vs SF - tough D, but could the volume is a good floor
J Williams vs HOUSTON - has been inefficient, but a decent matchup
Puka vs CLEV - Browns D will be all over Stafford, and Puka has been fading of late
Watson vs KC - resurgence inbound. KC shoot-out?
D. Johnson vs ARZ - big difference w/out Canada

Thanks

Last edited:
I have the same debate almost every week.
Pick 3
Lockett / DK vs Dallas TNF
Diontae vs Az
Kupp vs CLE

Leaning Diontae and DK but have a hard time benching kupp

NON-PPR league: Need 1 WR

Scary Terry @ home vs Miami ?
C. Watson @ home vs K.C. on Sunday night in Lambeau

Thank you all season for answering FG community!!

14 team PPR, cant believe I am going to ask, but I need 3 of these(one as my Sflex)

WR - Pickens v Cardinals, Chase at Jax, Downs at Tenn, Godwin vs Carolina, A.T. Perry vs Lions, Watson vs KC and TE - Ferguson vs Seattle.

Right now, got Pickens, Chase at WR and Downs as SFlex. My qbs are on bye for SFlex spot.
I hate these types of decisions. I can see not being interested in Godwin as Baker clearly only has eyes for Mike Evans. And someone needs to explain why A.T. Perry is even a thing at this point. Last man standing isn't good enough for consideration IMO. Carr has zero games with three TD passes, three games with two TD passes and eight games with 0-1 TD pass. And that was with Olave & Shaheed. I expect Kamara all day long this week.

I do, however think that Watson may need to be an option for you but I don't have confidence in who I would bench, probably Downs but with zero confidence. All three of your options have better matchups, on paper, but Watson has been showing signs of life and he really showed last week how dynamic he can be. But, since I can't really decide who to bench you should probably stick with your gut rather than rely on suggestions from some rando on an internet message board.

Yo Chaka! Half ppr

need a RB and a Flex
Brian Robinson vs miami
Singletary vs Denver
Warren vs Arizona
Charbs vs Dallas

Metcalf vs Dallas
Nakua vs Cleveland

As always, thanks man!
Charbonnet isn't an option and I think you know that. Also, Seattle is on the road, I appreciate if you make the distinction between home/road games in future posts.

For me Robinson and Singletary stand out as your best options. They're getting the snap share and the volume. Singletary has a great matchup as well and Robinson just seems to plug away to consistent top 15 finishes.

I no longer trust any Seahawks. Puka is a fine choice but it is a tough matchup and he is really a better option in full ppr format.

1 PT PPR…pick 2:

BRobinson v MIA (best matchup)
Swift v SF
Metcalf @ DAL
I'm benching Metcalf. He may be fine but I've lost all confidence in the Seahawks. The other two have been getting volume and performing well. I'm not optimistic about Swift this week but even at that I am less optimistic about all things Seahawks.

Yo Chaka! Half ppr

need a RB and a Flex
Brian Robinson vs miami
Singletary vs Denver
Warren vs Arizona
Charbs vs Dallas

Metcalf vs Dallas
Nakua vs Cleveland

As always, thanks man!
Charbonnet isn't an option and I think you know that. Also, Seattle is on the road, I appreciate if you make the distinction between home/road games in future posts.

For me Robinson and Singletary stand out as your best options. They're getting the snap share and the volume. Singletary has a great matchup as well and Robinson just seems to plug away to consistent top 15 finishes.

I no longer trust any Seahawks. Puka is a fine choice but it is a tough matchup and he is really a better option in full ppr format.

Why does FG have Charb ranked so high? Dallas is a buzzsaw and he has done nothing with Walker out

10-team PPR Superflex, all TDs 6. McCaffrey is my RB1. Pick 2 to start at RB2 and flex.

Achane @ WAS
Pacheco @ GB
Kyren vs. CLE

Alternatively, would you start all three, the third in the Superflex spot, and sit Herbert @ NE? My other QB is Dak and I can't sit him given how hot he's been.

12-team PPR with 2 flex spots. Which two from this list to start at flex?

Brian Robinson vs. MIA
Doubs vs. KC
Kirk vs. CIN
Lockett @ DAL
R. Rice @ GB
I'm not benching Herbert in SF format. There is always risk but if SF format you don't bench a #1 QB and Herbert is a #1 QB.

I also bench Achane from your choices. No need to risk a repeat of his last outing. You have good options so make sure Achane is healthy before throwing him out there.

For you second option I am almost definitely starting Brian Robinson. He is very quietly, and consistently, putting up top 15 RB numbers. That is exactly what you want from a flex player.

For the other option it probably comes down to Kirk v Rice. I might gamble on Rice but with the understanding that over the last five games Kirk gets 1.4 more targets/game, they have the same number of receptions per game 4.6, Kirk is putting up almost 20 more yards on that volume (75.4-56.4) but Rice has been the bigger producer at finding the endzone (3-1 TDs). They are very similar options but Kirk has the better passing matchup. Unfortunately the Jags also have a much better rushing matchup than the Chiefs. Yeah this choice is super close. My gut is saying

Rice>Kirk

Yo Chaka! Half ppr

need a RB and a Flex
Brian Robinson vs miami
Singletary vs Denver
Warren vs Arizona
Charbs vs Dallas

Metcalf vs Dallas
Nakua vs Cleveland

As always, thanks man!

Why does FG have Charb ranked so high? Dallas is a buzzsaw and he has done nothing with Walker out
Maybe they are expecting a volume game. I guess it could happen with him getting 7 receptions in a game where Seattle trails by a bunch. I just think the Cowboys are virtually invincible at home against lesser opponents and the Seahawks will have limited opportunities to put points on the board. Maybe I should be higher on Metcalf & Lockett (JSN?) because they should be trailing all game but I'll pass. Opponents have scored 10, 3, 20, 17 & 10 points against the Cowboys at home.

Bottom line is I'd rather be wrong with Charb on my bench then right with him in my lineup.

But if your gut is feeling Charb then you should absolutely go with him. I'm basically about as accurate as a coin toss.

Forced to pick 1 of these as my RB2, ppr:

T Spears vs Ind
S Perine @ Hou
Dowdle vs Sea (TNF, Q)

Spears has thrown up some duds lately as Henry's usage has increased. Perine was the leader of this pack last week thanks to the TD, and the FBG podcast guys seem to think maybe Perine is finally going to be used the way he was promised/paid. Dowdle is about on par with Spears, could hit 10 points if he gets lucky but probably not, however Dallas could blowout the Seahawks and give him some garbage time stats, assuming he plays of course. By default I have Spears in but think he may not be the best of the bunch anymore.
LOL no earthly idea.

Maybe Dowdle and hope the Cowboys go up big early so they can get him more action.

Maybe Perine but the Texans have a pretty good pass defense.

Probably not Spears because I think the Titans plan to use up Henry this season because they probably will find a way to cut bait this offseason. That and he is their best chance to win games at this point.

Probably Dowdle with absolutely zero confidence.

PPR

Which WR

Rashee rice vs GB
Josh Downs Vs Ten
Lockett vs Dallas?
I think I am going with the hot hand and Rice. Normally I would say "wait a week" on a guy like Rice, just to see if the volume will really be there but he was already trending up consistently for weeks so his floor should be pretty safe, the Packers are a pass funnel defense and he has by far the best QB throwing to him.

Rice>Downs>Lockett

1 point PPR

Need 2 of the following:
Z Charbonnet @ Dallas (volume play?)
M Brown @ Pitt (he’s Q; don’t love the matchup either)
B Cooks v Seattle
C Godwin v Carolina

Have Olave, but I can’t see him playing Sunday after his concussion, and obviously can’t afford to wait it out if I want to start Charbonnet or Cooks tonight.

Thank you!!!

A couple notes:

2) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

Hi Chaka - 1/2 pt ppr - We start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Flex ( Rb,Wr,Te)

My only 2 choices are:

Joe Mixon @ Jax
or
B Cooks hm vs Sea

Thanks in advance !
I think I take the risk with Cooks at this point. He should have a couple opportunities at a deep shot and he has been decent enough on limited volume. The Jaguars are a very good run defense and have been a pass funnel. I think they can force Cincinnati into throwing more and keep the scoring low. Seattle is going to have a lot more trouble stopping the Cowboys offense who should be putting up 30-40 points again at home against a lesser opponent.

.5 PPR

Looking for 2 FLEX out of these 4:

Swift vs SF - tough D, but could the volume is a good floor
J Williams vs HOUSTON - has been inefficient, but a decent matchup
Puka vs CLEV - Browns D will be all over Stafford, and Puka has been fading of late
Watson vs KC - resurgence inbound. KC shoot-out?
D. Johnson vs ARZ - big difference w/out Canada

Thanks
The Texans are actually quite good against the run. They give up a lot of rush TDs but despite being 16th in rush attempts against they are 8th in yards allowed and 3rd in yards/attempt allowed. I don't like to bank on TDs from my production especially in an offense that likes to get cute with misdirection near the GL.

The Browns are even better against WRs than the Texans are against RBs. If it was full PPR I would definitely consider him but, again I don't like that he is so TD dependent particularly as long speed and big plays don't seem to be part of his game.

I don't know what to think about Diontae after yelling at coaches, fighting with Minkah, dogging it on a fumble recovery and apologizing for it. Does he have a "prove it" bounce back game against a lesser opponent? Possibly, but this offense is difficult to figure out. There really isn't an alpha anywhere to be seen so it seems like it could be anyone any given week. Last week Freiermuth, the week before it was Jaylen. Maybe it's Diontae but I don't have any confidence in that notion.

My feeling is Watson is the most physically gifted of your options and he should be strongly considered simply for his big play ability. He is getting okay volume and last week he finally showed his big play athleticism.

Swift is good for volume and he usually ends the games with solid efficiency. The offense as a whole restricts his scoring ability but he still has five TDs in ten starts. It looks like a brutal matchup, particularly if Lane Johnson is out, and I think many of us have the feeling that the Eagles have been living on the edge too much and at least one correction game is coming. This definitely looks like it could be that game. But, even when they are on the brink of losing they still put up numbers as a whole so Swift should still see opportunities and he's the kind of talent that can make big things happen at any given moment.

I think I start Watson & Swift but if you are really feeling Diontae then you should slot him in over one of those guys...not sure which one though.

Users who are viewing this thread