What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Full PPR

Got C Lamb, T Hill, J Gibbs, and J Cook locked into my WR and RB positions, just need 1 more from below for my Flex:

N Collins v Tennessee
Z White @ Indianapolis
R Mostert @ Baltimore
D Montgomery @ Dallas
C Ridley v Carolina

Fwiw, I’m a fairly heavy favorite, and already got off to a good start with Cleveland D

Have Collins in now, may stay with him.

But if Lamb and/or Gibbs blow up tonight, and I just need a safe 10-12 points tomorrow, may switch to White

(Originally had Mostert, but as some have mentioned above, don’t like that he still has an injury designation + bad matchup + Achane. And just don’t trust Montgomery or Ridley)

Appreciate any advice. And good luck to everyone in their championships!
I agree about Collins, it's just the smart choice, but I could be talked into Zamir considering the matchup.

ETA: I don't worry about Mostert's Q designation or Achane. The matchup is rough but if Miami has a TD opportunity inside the five my money is on Mostert to get it (them).

Ppr

Monty vs Dallas

Or

Zeke vs Buf

?
In a PPR Zeke may have the edge here but I don't see a very high ceiling unless you truly believe the Patriots can win this game.

I think if you need a little more juice I may risk it with Montgomery because I do think the Lions could, maybe, possibly win this game, or at least keep it competitive. They are 6-2 on the road but did get crushed by the Ravens in Baltimore and they don't have a "signature win" on the road this year. That opening game at KC doesn't look nearly as impressive in retrospect and it was a loooong time ago. But they are a strong offense with a punchers chance at least. Montgomery should see 15-18 opportunities and that should be enough to outshine Zeke IMO.
As odd as it sounds when typing...

Zeke vs Buf of ETN vs Car?

ETN hasn't done squat for weeks and Lawerence is out.
With Cam Robinson now activated from IR o don't hesitate to go with Etienne.

And I would have said Etienne regardless. Carolina is a big run funnel defense.

Last kick at the can!

.5 PPR
B Robinson @ Chi
ETN vs Car
Mixon @ KC
Higgins @ KC

Need 2

Thanks and happy 2024
Comes down to Etienne & Bijan.

With Cam Robinson apparently back and a great matchup, Etienne seems clear.

And I can't make an argument that I'd buy for either Higgins or Mixon over Bijan... EXCEPT if Bijan fumbles early all bets are off.

I keep reposting as I narrow down my list.

Non-PPR league:

I'm assuming Pittman is a go so he is already in my lineup.

I'm down to picking one of these two:

D. Smith vs ARI - Murray may not be 100%; could this be a negative game script for Smith and passing game? He is still 2nd option to Brown
Z. White vs IND - If Jacobs is out, that matchup doesn't get much better

These are first world problems we have to deal with in our championship week.
As a guy starting Hurts, Swift & AJ AND considering benching Bijan for Zamir believe me when I say I hear you.

The logical part of my brain says DeVonta but...a big part of my ample gut says Zamir is the play (obviously if Jacobs is out, which seems likely).

I'm going to give you my "smart" recommendation but you know where my gut lies.

One decision now that Cooper didn't play...

Flex
McLaurin vs SF
Diontae @SEA

0.5PPR
I think, ultimately I prefer McLaurin. His target share seems more consistent and he seems to have a higher target ceiling. The Commanders also have a lesser run game (30th in attempts, 1st in pass attempts) and are more likely to be trailing on the scoreboard.

One decision now that Cooper didn't play...

Flex
McLaurin vs SF
Diontae @SEA

0.5PPR
I'd go McLaurin with no regrets.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/news/the-funnel-defense-report-week-17

Not because of this, but overall leans toward it being a potentially productive matchup.
With Howell now starting does this mean pivot to Diontae?
It's a fair consideration but McLaurin 's target share came under existing conditions, so...I don't think so.

But I definitely get it and it is entirely defensible to start Diontae.

Standard scoring, no PPR, need 2 of these:

D. Henry vs HOU
I. Pacheco vs CIN
A. Kamara vs TB
J. Taylor vs LV

I've been wrong 2 of the last three weeks with my picks but still somehow made it to the championship.

Final PPR WR. question to all , please help.

Which to start?

C. Ridley vs Car. with Lawrence out
or
N. Brown vs Ten
I already have N. Collins in my lineup along with P.Nacua in 3rec. set.
On bench K.Allen and J.Addison both out
WOW- Head hurts
FWIW I don't see Addison as out, he's questionable as far as I know.

Of your options the question is how much confidence you have in Stroud. If you see another 300+ yard day (he's had six in 12 complete games) and another multi TD game (7 in 12) then start both.

I have difficulty starting Ridley, I'm not on my team as a flex behind Swift & Rice...I have him behind Zamir as well.

But, in your situation with Cam Robinson back I can see it. I might start him over Brown in a standalone proposition but this is about capturing as much of the Texans passing offens as you can. That isn't a terrible proposition.

I might go with Ridley here.

Standard scoring, no PPR, need 2 of these:

D. Henry vs HOU
I. Pacheco vs CIN
A. Kamara vs TB
J. Taylor vs LV

I've been wrong 2 of the last three weeks with my picks but still somehow made it to the championship.
Oh man, you get how difficult this choice is. They're all so close in non-PPR formats.

I honestly have nothing for you because I want to start every possible combination of two of them.

I guess I bench Pacheco because of the possibility of an early exit due to his violent running style.

My gut says Taylor is a start here but I have nothing else to base that on and I worry about how well the Raiders defense is playing.

I probably go with Kamara over Henry because I think NO can sustain more drives overall than Tennessee but that's a very thin premise.

Wish I could be more help.

Tee Higgins against the chiefs or chris Godwin against the saints?
Very equivalent choices but I think I lean Higgins because he seems to have been more efficient overall despite the volume Godwin has been seeing recently.

But there is no wrong answer.

I think I'm gonna go James Cook, Pollard, and Chandler at flex. I have Godwin, Swift, Ridley, and Zamier White who I COULD play instead. I do like Swifts matchup, but he's Swift. Chandler Aldo has a sweet matchup coming off a down week which I love.

Been riding Engram at TE, but also have Godert I could swap.

Thoughts? Tia.
Not sure what you mean by the bolded but I like Swift a ton more than Pollard & Chandler. I would start Zamir over Pollard & Chandler too.

Personally I have Swift in my lineup over Zamir.
So Swift, Pollard, Ridley, Godwin, you go Swift? I hate routing for Cowboys, so I may switch it out.
Too late to discuss Pollard but, yes I take Swift first amongst this group.

Been back and forth and back again between Houston and Jacksonville DST.

Jacksonville vs. Carolina who turns it over or Houston vs Tennessee who just had 7 sacks against them 2 weeks ago.

I'm about a 5-10 point favorite
I'll take the Jaguars here and be comfortable with that choice. Better matchup and more talent on defense IMO.

full PPR Flex

LaPorta at DAL
Pacheco v CIN
Too late to help but I probably would have leaned LaPorta...sorry...so far.

might still work out

7-84 15.40

unfortunately also started Goff (11.84) & Gibbs (5.30)

up 98.79-00.00, I have 4 players left, villain has all 10 of his, 9 of them going off at 1pm

I have 3 WRs and a K left so hopefully get it over 150

60% win probability

Carr v TB or Murray v PHI? 4pt passing TDs.

Murray, for the rushing potential, right? Right?!
Yeah, probably.

Carr has been on a bit of a hot streak for TDs but Murray with his running ability and against that Eagles pass defense seems like as solid an option as you can get. He has two TDs in 3 of 6 games so far but no three TD games yet. So I do question his ceiling and there may be something to the notion the Eagles are still angry at the Cardinals and Gannon for last year's tampering just before the Super Bowl, but I still probably play Murray over Carr.
I keep waffling. Murray's top WR is, like, Greg Dortch this week. 🤪

My Clev D and Ceedee Lamb have me off to a pretty healthy start so far. Need to "hold serve" at this point. Trying to decide which is least likely to utterly ish their britches.

Gotta pick one

.5 ppr

McLauren vs SF(Brissett looks his way a lot)
Lockett vs PIT
Higgins @ KC
Reed @ MIN

Thanks and have a great New Year

Gotta pick one

.5 ppr

Lockett vs PIT
Higgins @ KC
Reed @ MIN

I like Higgins. He seems hot, is likely in a passing game flow by necessity against KC, has a QB who seems up to the task. I think there’s a fair chance Chase is a decoy role to protect the shoulder.

PPR

Need one of:

Jayden Reed @ MIN

McLaurin v SF

JSN v PIT

…. Could also try and squeeze Jeff Wilson @ BAL in there (Mostert OUT) but I dunno about that.

PPR

Need one of:

Jayden Reed @ MIN

McLaurin v SF

JSN v PIT

…. Could also try and squeeze Jeff Wilson @ BAL in there (Mostert OUT) but I dunno about that.

I like McLaurin. He's coming on with the QB change and the 49ers are fairly easy to pass against...

Have to pick one. PPR. WR3. KJ Osborn or Demarcus Robinson? Was leaning Osborn but it sounds like Addison’s playing.
Green Bay defense seems like a good matchup but it's still a complete unknown at QB. I prefer Robinson riding a hot streak with with a better QB.

PPR

Need one of:

Jayden Reed @ MIN

McLaurin v SF

JSN v PIT

I guess Jayden Reed because it looks like Watson is out so he should see more looks and he seems to have some big play ability too.

Need a flex in half PPR. Jeff Wilson (vs BAL), Ridley (vs CAR), Shaheed (vs TB), Douglas (vs BUF), Robinson (vs NYG), Pickens (vs SEA) or Waller (vs LAR). Thanks!

Last edited:
PPR

Need one of:

Jayden Reed @ MIN

McLaurin v SF

JSN v PIT

I think I'm going Reed here. Double Digit PPR points in 7 of his last 9 games. Plus matchup vs MN.
SF isn't a bad matchup, but McLaurin and Washington have been more inconsistent on offense.

Gotta pick one

.5 ppr

Lockett vs PIT
Higgins @ KC
Reed @ MIN

I think this one is Higgins. On a white hot streak. Browning seems to have figured out he likes throwing to the big target. Chase may be back today, but I figure there's a lot of throwing in this one and both can eat.

Need a flex in half PPR. Jeff Wilson (vs BAL), Ridley (vs CAR), Shaheed (vs TB), Douglas (vs BUF), Robinson (vs NYG), Pickens (vs SEA) or Waller (vs LAR). Thanks!
I probably chase Pickens points. If not I guess I would risk it with Ridley because he does get a ton of volume.

JSN, T Boyd, D Robinson, or Q Johnson as WR3 in ppr?
Tough one.

If Jamarr Chase plays

I think I go JSN and hope the talent shines through. JSN, Boyd, Robinson all acting as WR3's for their real NFL teams today. QJ the only WR2, but my god. H's broken 60 yards once. He has 2 TD's but had 23 an 34 yards in the games where he scored.

If Chase sits

I'd probably swing it to Boyd. WR2, less competition for targets in what should be a pass happy game.

I started to say Pickens, but then I changed to Ridley and now I'm back to Pickens.

Carolina's run D is rough. Lawrence is out. It screams set up for Jacksonville to run the ball.
Pickens had his big day with Rudolph as the starter, I think you hope he continues to show eyes for him.

I don't want Wilson vs Balt. Shaheed is an ok play, but I like Pickens better. Douglas has been meh all year, no upside. Waller--no idea what to expect from the NYG offense. I don't envision big things, which means he'll have 140 and 2. But if you start him, he'll have 3 for 24.

So with Mostart out, I need to start one of these guys in his place. (Yahoo scoring)

K. Herbert (Bears)
J. Warren (Steelers)
G. Davis (Bills)
JSN (Seahawks)

In the final of a best ball PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 RB/WR/TE count in scoring for the week. I'm set at RB and TE but debating about adding a QB or WR. My QBs are Love and Browning and my WRs are Jefferson, AJ Brown, Lockett, C. Samuel, and Wicks. Planning to drop Wicks for either another QB or WR.

QBs available are Hall, B. Young, Beathard, T. Taylor, Brissett and Heinicke.

Best WRs available according to FBG projections are Q. Johnston, Berrios, Jameson, M. Mims, and Mingo.

Any suggestions about who to pick up?
Of your options, I am personally most intrigued by Jaren Hall, the matchup seems great and he seems to have solid mobility.

I am considering starting him over Bijan Robinson in my SF league. But they're all very close and there isn't a way to figure out whose the best option.

Beathard seems interesting as well with Cam Robinson coming back to man the LT position.

Picked up Hall this morning, as much as a block against my opponent as a hedge for me. My opponent has Murray and Stidham at QB and with the illness uncertainty for Murray I thought my opponent might think about adding a QB as insurance in case Murray doesn't play or isn't 100% due to his illness.

Need a backfill plan with the recent news on Mostert. .5 PPR with 6 pt tds and bonus of 2 points for tds over 40 yards.

Options on my bench
  • Mclaurin @ SF (opponent has Purdy, CMC and Aiyuk)
  • Mattison
  • CEH (not really viable with pacheco playing)
  • J Wilson (just added him)
Options on the wire

• Waller
  • Goedert (I Am starting Hurts)
  • J Meyers
  • Jeudy
  • J Hill
  • JSN

Got a great start to the championship with Lamb last night. I keep going back and forth especially since I picked up Z White and have him in my lineup since he is a safe play.

Non-ppr league and I'm now down to this decision:

D. Smith vs ARI - I'm a little worried about game script and being the #2 WR, but he has been on fire lately and got me here
C. Olave vs TB - Is clearly the #1 for Carr and I think NO needs to throw in order to win today

Alright sharks.....go

I have 2 flex position's questions.12 team ppr.

Conner vs Phil.
Doubs vs Minn.
Hopkins vs Hou.
D. Johnson vs Sea.
Meyers vs Ind.
Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread