What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

CJ stroud vs Ten played in a dome

or
Justin Fields vs Atl - 40% chance of Snow showers may or may not affect game.

I guess I'm with Fields now but I'd probably change it if it looked like a bad weather day, even though Fields can contribute with his legs.

Or am over thinking this?
I think I very narrowly lean Stroud. I think he's the better QB. The Titans secondary is actually pretty good in terms of Fantasy Points given up to QB's, but they truly don't scare me.

Fields gives you the rushing upside, but he's so up and down. You're just as likely to get 10 points as you are to get 25.
Narrowly?
I don't think there's a huge gap between the 2. Stroud's a far better real life QB. But for fantasy purposes, Fields can blow up with his legs and outperform Stroud this week.

Fantasypros has Fields at 7, Stroud at 8
FBG has Stroud at 7, Fields at 8.

Again, it's close.

or

I guess I'm with Fields now but I'd probably change it if it looked like a bad weather day, even though Fields can contribute with his legs.

I think I very narrowly lean Stroud. I think he's the better QB. The Titans secondary is actually pretty good in terms of Fantasy Points given up to QB's, but they truly don't scare me.

Fields gives you the rushing upside, but he's so up and down. You're just as likely to get 10 points as you are to get 25.
Narrowly?
YMMV
What does that mean?
Your mileage may vary.

Some people think Stroud is narrowly better than Fields this week, some think the opposite. It's all welcome in here.
Sometimes I think we speak in too many acronyms. Some are not that obvious

Chaka...going to revisit my previous post with new info. Removing CEH and Mostert from the discussion. Pacheco is trending positive and Mostert being dinged and with a bad matchup scares me.

PPR League. Need a flex.

* Z. White @Indy -- J. Jacobs doubtful. Great matchup. Indy is a run funnel D and gives up a ton of yards rushing. LV a team that wants to run the ball as they refused to pass a single time last week in the 2nd half. White had ALL the RB touches last week, ran for 145, and ran well the week before. He also isn't a zero in the passing game. Had three catches two weeks ago.

or

* D. Montgomery @DAL -- Probably a lock for 50+ yards. Dallas weak in the trenches so I'd bet Campbell attacks them with Monty early. He'll probably get a crack or two at a TD. That said, DET is +5.5 underdogs. Dallas usually rocks at home so the game script could turn against him. Note: I'm starting Gibbs and ASTB already.

Which?

Thanks!
Dude, I'm considering benching Bijan for Zamir ATM so...

And, in your situation I'm not sure this is the week to put all your eggs in the Lions basket. They play very well in primetime (4-0) and are 4-1 in National games overall. They could definitely beat the Cowboys. But, it does feel like it's going to be a very tough game, unpredictable really.
Wow. That's bold.

Feel like Bijan has a decent matchup. CHI D is terrible at defending receiving RBs. Should have a decent floor. That said, not sure his style is best suited for conditions tmrw. Sounds like flurries, cold, wind gusts up to 20 mph. Definitely could see more straightahead runners like Allgiere and Patterson used more.

I think I'm gonna go James Cook, Pollard, and Chandler at flex. I have Godwin, Swift, Ridley, and Zamier White who I COULD play instead. I do like Swifts matchup, but he's Swift. Chandler Aldo has a sweet matchup coming off a down week which I love.

Been riding Engram at TE, but also have Godert I could swap.

Thoughts? Tia.

or

Narrowly?
I don't think there's a huge gap between the 2. Stroud's a far better real life QB. But for fantasy purposes, Fields can blow up with his legs and outperform Stroud this week.

Fantasypros has Fields at 7, Stroud at 8
FBG has Stroud at 7, Fields at 8.

Again, it's close.
I go Fields for the upside AND he's probably not one hit from being out. I do risk aversion more than most fwiw.

I never would have thought that I’d have 2 finals teams with so much uncertainty.

League 1 (4pt pass td, half ppr), this matchup is predicted to be a dead heat.
QB - Mayfield v NO or Carr @ TB
RB (need two) - Bijan @ Chi or J. Cook v NE or Saquon v LAR or Z. White @ Ind (if Jacobs out)

I like Carr, but everyone’s ratings say Mayfield. I also lean towards Bijan for one RB spot, but the other RB spot has my brain jumbled.

League 2 (6pt pass td, full ppr), a unique situation here as in this league ALL free agents require a min FAQB bid, and I had saved my last min bid for injuries, but now I could go ahead and use it. So I could use it to potentially improve my QB (currently Browning, lost Herbert) or WR2 (currently Lockett, lost Tank and Keenan). I’m a big dog, so I need upside.
QB - Browning @ KC or Carr @ TB or G. Smith v Pit
WR2 - Lockett v Pit or Shaheed @ TB or Jeudy v LAC or D. Robinson @ NYG or Osborn (if Addison is out)

I lean towards just leaving Lockett in and maybe switching to Carr, but I’d love another opinion(s). I think Browning has looked great and he got me through 2 playoff games, but is at KC maybe hoping for too much?

Tyty in advance!

Any sneaky pickups for tomorrow at WR? Little thin due to injuries, struggling to find a diamond in the rough.

In the final of a best ball PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 RB/WR/TE count in scoring for the week. I'm set at RB and TE but debating about adding a QB or WR. My QBs are Love and Browning and my WRs are Jefferson, AJ Brown, Lockett, C. Samuel, and Wicks. Planning to drop Wicks for either another QB or WR.

QBs available are Hall, B. Young, Beathard, T. Taylor, Brissett and Heinicke.

Best WRs available according to FBG projections are Q. Johnston, Berrios, Jameson, M. Mims, and Mingo.

Any suggestions about who to pick up?

Last edited:
Any sneaky pickups for tomorrow at WR? Little thin due to injuries, struggling to find a diamond in the rough.
Not sure if it qualifies, but Shaheed in NO may be worth a look. I haven't checked that situation since the weekend but he was on my radar not long ago in a 10 teamer.

In my previously posted 2 of 4, I've committed to Gibbs and ruled out Zeke...

...but this Pollard v Chandler decision is wrenching my guts!!!

I think I'm gonna go James Cook, Pollard, and Chandler at flex. I have Godwin, Swift, Ridley, and Zamier White who I COULD play instead. I do like Swifts matchup, but he's Swift. Chandler Aldo has a sweet matchup coming off a down week which I love.

Thoughts? Tia.
The Bears TEs were sure getting open against Arizona last week. Even after Kmet got hurt, Marcades Lewis got a wide-open RZ TD. The Eagles might have too many good options to bother with the TE though.

Full PPR

Got C Lamb, T Hill, J Gibbs, and J Cook locked into my WR and RB positions, just need 1 more from below for my Flex:

N Collins v Tennessee
Z White @ Indianapolis
R Mostert @ Baltimore
D Montgomery @ Dallas
C Ridley v Carolina

Fwiw, I’m a fairly heavy favorite, and already got off to a good start with Cleveland D

Have Collins in now, may stay with him.

But if Lamb and/or Gibbs blow up tonight, and I just need a safe 10-12 points tomorrow, may switch to White

(Originally had Mostert, but as some have mentioned above, don’t like that he still has an injury designation + bad matchup + Achane. And just don’t trust Montgomery or Ridley)

Appreciate any advice. And good luck to everyone in their championships!

Ppr

Monty vs Dallas

Or

Zeke vs Buf

?
In a PPR Zeke may have the edge here but I don't see a very high ceiling unless you truly believe the Patriots can win this game.

I think if you need a little more juice I may risk it with Montgomery because I do think the Lions could, maybe, possibly win this game, or at least keep it competitive. They are 6-2 on the road but did get crushed by the Ravens in Baltimore and they don't have a "signature win" on the road this year. That opening game at KC doesn't look nearly as impressive in retrospect and it was a loooong time ago. But they are a strong offense with a punchers chance at least. Montgomery should see 15-18 opportunities and that should be enough to outshine Zeke IMO.
As odd as it sounds when typing...

Zeke vs Buf of ETN vs Car?

ETN hasn't done squat for weeks and Lawerence is out.

Last kick at the can!

.5 PPR
B Robinson @ Chi
ETN vs Car
Mixon @ KC
Higgins @ KC

Need 2

Thanks and happy 2024

I keep reposting as I narrow down my list.

Non-PPR league:

I'm assuming Pittman is a go so he is already in my lineup.

I'm down to picking one of these two:

D. Smith vs ARI - Murray may not be 100%; could this be a negative game script for Smith and passing game? He is still 2nd option to Brown
Z. White vs IND - If Jacobs is out, that matchup doesn't get much better

These are first world problems we have to deal with in our championship week.

I just picked up Jayden Reed. Not yet sure I use him but GB is without watkins and probably wicks. seems like he is underrated in the weekly rankings

I keep reposting as I narrow down my list.

Non-PPR league:

I'm assuming Pittman is a go so he is already in my lineup.

I'm down to picking one of these two:

D. Smith vs ARI - Murray may not be 100%; could this be a negative game script for Smith and passing game? He is still 2nd option to Brown
Z. White vs IND - If Jacobs is out, that matchup doesn't get much better

These are first world problems we have to deal with in our championship week.
I wouldn't try to guess production but It's hard to top the recent history of White in terms of usage and touches. It seems game script-proof or at least, -resistant. Smith's is definitely subject to a game script. Of course this is subject to Jacob's availability.

Full PPR

Got C Lamb, T Hill, J Gibbs, and J Cook locked into my WR and RB positions, just need 1 more from below for my Flex:

N Collins v Tennessee
Z White @ Indianapolis
R Mostert @ Baltimore
D Montgomery @ Dallas
C Ridley v Carolina

Fwiw, I’m a fairly heavy favorite, and already got off to a good start with Cleveland D

Have Collins in now, may stay with him.

But if Lamb and/or Gibbs blow up tonight, and I just need a safe 10-12 points tomorrow, may switch to White

(Originally had Mostert, but as some have mentioned above, don’t like that he still has an injury designation + bad matchup + Achane. And just don’t trust Montgomery or Ridley)

Appreciate any advice. And good luck to everyone in their championships!
Sounds like a solid plan to me as long as Jacobs is out.

One decision now that Cooper didn't play...

Flex
McLaurin vs SF
Diontae @SEA

0.5PPR
I think, ultimately I prefer McLaurin. His target share seems more consistent and he seems to have a higher target ceiling. The Commanders also have a lesser run game (30th in attempts, 1st in pass attempts) and are more likely to be trailing on the scoreboard.

One decision now that Cooper didn't play...

Flex
McLaurin vs SF
Diontae @SEA

0.5PPR
I'd go McLaurin with no regrets.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/news/the-funnel-defense-report-week-17

Not because of this, but overall leans toward it being a potentially productive matchup.
With Howell now starting does this mean pivot to Diontae?

Final PPR WR. question to all , please help.

Which to start?

C. Ridley vs Car. with Lawrence out
or
N. Brown vs Ten
I already have N. Collins in my lineup along with P.Nacua in 3rec. set.
On bench K.Allen and J.Addison both out
WOW- Head hurts

Thoughts? Tia.
Not sure what you mean by the bolded but I like Swift a ton more than Pollard & Chandler. I would start Zamir over Pollard & Chandler too.

Personally I have Swift in my lineup over Zamir.

Last edited:

Thoughts? Tia.
Not sure what you mean by the bolded but I like Swift a ton more than Pollard & Chandler. I would start Zamir over Pollard & Chandler too.

Personally I have Swift in my lineup over Zamir.
So Swift, Pollard, Ridley, Godwin, you go Swift? I hate routing for Cowboys, so I may switch it out.

Been back and forth and back again between Houston and Jacksonville DST.

Jacksonville vs. Carolina who turns it over or Houston vs Tennessee who just had 7 sacks against them 2 weeks ago.

I'm about a 5-10 point favorite

Oddsmakers:

Pollard TD -130, 57 yards rushing, 20 receiving

Zeke +200 TD, 42 rushing, 28 receiving

Highest O/U of the week too (Lions/Cowboys).
I hear you.

And pollard looks better with Dowdle OUT .. I’m just using the eye test here. Zeke looks great. And is plenty capable of catching the ball. Plus he is literally the only offensive weapon not named Demario.

Lions are stout against the run.

Should be a bunch of points in that game though. It’s a tough choice.

My snap decision was Zeke … but I could see an argument for Both. I’ll bump the question for you here

Tee Higgins against the chiefs or chris Godwin against the saints?
Tee. He's been red hot the last few games. Browning has been dialed in on him with Chase out. Even if Chase is back, I envision Cincy throwing it 1,000 times this game trying to keep up with KC.

Thanks,so Lockett no matter what.
Then if Collins is active is it him or Samuel as the lesser of two evils?

or

Stroud, but it's close.

League 1 (4pt pass td, half ppr), this matchup is predicted to be a dead heat.
QB - Mayfield v NO or Carr @ TB
RB (need two) - Bijan @ Chi or J. Cook v NE or Saquon v LAR or Z. White @ Ind (if Jacobs out)

I like Carr, but everyone’s ratings say Mayfield. I also lean towards Bijan for one RB spot, but the other RB spot has my brain jumbled.
I have no problem with Carr over Mayfield. I also wouldn't have a problem with Mayfield over Carr.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Bijan this week. It's the championship week and he legitimately could end up with 10 opportunities for no discernable reason. Heaven forbid he fumble. But his talent, IMO, is undeniable.

Still, IMO, Barkley, Cook and maybe Zamir against a weak Colts rush defense are all solid options.

Honestly, I would run myself in circles trying to pick the best two of your options. I think, at this moment I land on Barkley & Cook. But ask my again in 10 minutes.

Sorry :shrug:
League 2 (6pt pass td, full ppr), a unique situation here as in this league ALL free agents require a min FAQB bid, and I had saved my last min bid for injuries, but now I could go ahead and use it. So I could use it to potentially improve my QB (currently Browning, lost Herbert) or WR2 (currently Lockett, lost Tank and Keenan). I’m a big dog, so I need upside.
QB - Browning @ KC or Carr @ TB or G. Smith v Pit
WR2 - Lockett v Pit or Shaheed @ TB or Jeudy v LAC or D. Robinson @ NYG or Osborn (if Addison is out)

I lean towards just leaving Lockett in and maybe switching to Carr, but I’d love another opinion(s). I think Browning has looked great and he got me through 2 playoff games, but is at KC maybe hoping for too much?
Tough call but, of your options I put Carr first. FWIW

DeMarcus Robinson jumps out.

If he's already gone then I doubt there is anyone else available in your league to be worth it.

In the final of a best ball PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 RB/WR/TE count in scoring for the week. I'm set at RB and TE but debating about adding a QB or WR. My QBs are Love and Browning and my WRs are Jefferson, AJ Brown, Lockett, C. Samuel, and Wicks. Planning to drop Wicks for either another QB or WR.

QBs available are Hall, B. Young, Beathard, T. Taylor, Brissett and Heinicke.

Best WRs available according to FBG projections are Q. Johnston, Berrios, Jameson, M. Mims, and Mingo.

Any suggestions about who to pick up?
Of your options, I am personally most intrigued by Jaren Hall, the matchup seems great and he seems to have solid mobility.

I am considering starting him over Bijan Robinson in my SF league. But they're all very close and there isn't a way to figure out whose the best option.

Beathard seems interesting as well with Cam Robinson coming back to man the LT position.

Users who are viewing this thread