What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

Need 1 DST.

Slightly different scoring format as we get points for TFL, 3 n Outs Forced, 4th down stops, total yards allowed, all turnovers, sacks, points allowed.
  1. Packers at CAR
  2. Colts at ATL
  3. Browns at HOU
  4. Texans v CLE
I mean... you know what I am going to say here, I think. But, if I was going to roll the dice I would roll it on the best defense of the bunch and that seems like the Browns IMO.

Please pick one - league with most of the scoring tied to TD's (scaled bonus for longer TD's as well as rushing scores for QB's):

Jake Browning @ Steelers ...no Chase but the Pitt D is banged up
Kyler Murray @ Bears ...Kyler has not been producing through the air and the Bears D is balling

I've been going back and forth
Thank you

I need a flex in half PPR. I can go with guys on my roster or try to pick someone up a free agent.

On roster: Ekeler (vs BUF) or Waller (vs PHI).

Free Agents: Jayden Reed (vs CAR), Doubs (vs CAR), Beckham (vs SF), Downs (vs ATL) or Meyers (vs KC)

Thanks! Kinda sad that it's gotten the point where Ekeler isn't an automatic start compared to the rest of these guys.
How can this be the same Austin Ekeler we have seen for the past few years?

My feeling is everyone is a crapshoot, but you know that already.

The only logic I can come up with is that this is the Chargers first game with the new HC and, I think (Hope? Pray???) that he sets a mandate to feed Austin until his legs fall off. I mean, doesn't that seem logical and something that a guy with a sudden three week job interview would do?

So, I hold my nose and plug Ekeler in and pray.

If that is too much for you, and I can totally see why that would be the case then...I probably go with Waller against the reeling, pass funnel Eagles defense. He had six targets last week against a pretty good defense so it seems like a reasonable gamble.

1 PT PPR…pick 2;

B Hall v WASH
D Swift v NYG
Achane v DAL
Ugh... I go with Swift and I probably don't think much about it.

He has been inconsistent and Hurts will vulture all the GL TDs but he still averages 18.5 opportunities/game and this is a game the Eagles should win handily (I felt the same thing about the Seahawks game). Achane is still dinged up and in a full timeshare and Hall is just on a bad team.

Pick a streaming DST for Week 16

Bills at Chargers (QB Easton Stick, Keenan Allen was DNP Tue and Wed)
Jets home vs Commanders
Chiefs home vs Raiders
Eagles home vs Giants
Broncos home vs Patriots
Bears home vs Cardinals
I like the Broncos here but could easily make an argument for the Bears and Chiefs... and Bills. I don't like the Eagles or Jets.

But I'll take the altitude at mile high in a must win for the Broncos.

.5 PPR Flex with some thoughts.

McBride @ CHI
Chandler vs DET

SEA @ TEN
HOU vs CLE
If Mattison is out again, I go with Chandler. If Mattison plays I am more hesitant about whether or not O'Connell sticks with him and probably lean McBride. I would follow the weather and if it looks bad in Chicago then maybe Chandler is the right call. Heck, he might be the right call regardless.

Your defenses are uninspiring. I guess I go with the Texans by a small margin because they're at home and still very much alive in the playoffs. But you can make the same argument for the Seahawks. Ultimately it's a gut call and nothing more, so I lean Texans but YMMV.

.5 PPR, start 2 / bench 1:

McBride @ CHI
or
Hockenson vs DET
or
Breece Hall vs WAS
For upside I bench McBride. Hock can be a machine and Hall can score from anywhere.

For stability I bench Hall. McBride seems to get a ton of volume and Hall is incredibly volatile and could easily dud on that horrible offense.

2 RBs standard scoring

Z White vs Kc
J McKinnon vs LV
J Hil vs Bal
C Brown vs Pit
K Hunt vs Hou

Prayers are acceptable
Kyrie Eleison, my son.

Hunt because of potential GL work.

Then, who the heck knows? Probably chase Brown because he seems likely to get his 10 or so touches and seems to always be very close to breaking off a big play.

Full PPR

Locked in:
RB1 - Kyren Williams
RB2 - Ezekiel Elliott
WR1 - CeeDee Lamb
WR2 - Stefon Diggs

Pick a WR3 and a Flex
WR Drake London home vs Colts (Heinicke starting at QB)
WR Diontae Johnson home vs Bengals
WR Tyler Lockett at Titans
RB Jerome Ford at Texans
RB Jaylen Warren home vs Bengals
RB Zach Charbonnet at Titans (if Ken Walker is out - he was DNP on Wed with a shoulder)
I go with London because I love being abused. He also seems to have some big play ability and has some value around the GL, if his QBs weren't terrible, and the Colts aren't a shut down defense. They're good but not great.

Lockett is a pretty solid volume play. I wish his efficiency were better but, I wish for lots of things that don't happen.

If Walker is ruled out then I pivot to Charbonnet as the volume play.

The Steelers can rally, for sure, but I simply can't trust them ATM. HOWEVER Warren does seem pretty locked into his usage and has upside if you don't like either London or Lockett. He would be my next option.

1/2 PPR 1/2 PP first down:

Need one flex out of:

WR N Collins vs CLE
RB D Foreman vs AZ
RB K Herbert vs AZ
RB Z Charbonnet @ TEN

10 team PPR, 100+ bonus of 5 points. Lost Chase. It’s not TE-P.

I need 3 WR, 1 TE & 1 Flex from
Lamb, ARSB, Ridley, Nico Collins, LaPorta, Hock, Z.White, Singletary

Nico returned to practice today and should have a heavy workload seeing as other WR are banged up, but coming off a calf, with a backup QB, against a tough CLE secondary gives me pause.

Lamb & ARSB are locks, and LaPorta has been too hot to bench.

So that really leaves me the dilemma of who to flex between Nico, Hock, Singletary, & White.

10 team PPR, 100+ bonus of 5 points. Lost Chase. It’s not TE-P.

I need 3 WR, 1 TE & 1 Flex from
Lamb, ARSB, Ridley, Nico Collins, LaPorta, Hock, Z.White, Singletary

Nico returned to practice today and should have a heavy workload seeing as other WR are banged up, but coming off a calf, with a backup QB, against a tough CLE secondary gives me pause.

Lamb & ARSB are locks, and LaPorta has been too hot to bench.

So that really leaves me the dilemma of who to flex between Nico, Hock, Singletary, & White.
I think your locks are correct. Gotta start your studs and Lamb, ARSB, and LaPorta fit that bill.

I lean Ridley and Nico (for your last WR and Flex). I could see an argument for Hock in that last flex spot. Ridley > Nico > Hock for me.

0.5 PPR

Need to pick 3, 1 must be a TE:
Laporta at Vikings
McBride at Bears
Ridley at Bucs
Zeke at Broncos
Collins vs Browns

Need 2 RB's and 1 flex, PPR
These are my options ranked in order of projections
Oh, and I'm a 20+ point favorite, so high floors are probably best.

Bijan vs IND
Gibbs @ MIN
Etienne @ TB
Godwin vs JAX
Swift vs NYG
Higgins @ PIT
Smith-Njigba @ TEN

I'm thinking go with those projections. There are many pros and cons fighting each other, which makes it tough.

Std non-PPR

Starting Kyren at RB1
For RB2: Bijan vs. Indy or ETN at TB
leaning Bijan

Starting Lamb at WR1
For WR2: Kupp vs. NO or Waddle vs. Dallas?
leaning Kupp

PPR pick 2

G. Wilson vs. Washington
Deandre Swift vs. NYG
Trey McBride @ Chicago
Chris Olave at LAR
McKinnon vs. LV
I'd probably roll Swift & Olave (if he plays obviously).

I can see the temptation for Wilson against that Commanders defense but that Jets offense is just bad.

I could make a volume argument for McBride but I think Swift has a better one.

In a 0.5 PPR need 3 of following and one must be WR.

RB

J. Cook at Chargers
Mostert vs. Cowboys
Elliott at Broncos

WR

Kupp vs Saints
Evans vs Jaguars
Cook & Evans for sure IMO.

It comes down to Kupp v Mostert. Should be an easy call but Mostert does have 19 TDs in 14 games, which is crazy. Seriously, who saw that coming?

I really want to say Kupp but I think I go with Mostert in my final spot.

I could see Kupp over Cook but, not really, of the Bills roll, which they should, I think you want a piece of Cook's output.

Looking for some thoughts:

Standard Scoring:

Pick 1 FLEX:
Barkley at Phi
Higgins at Pit
Etienne at TB

Pick 1 D:
Buffalo at LAC
NYJ vs Wash
Denver vs NE

My lineup:
Mahomes
CMC
ARSB
Kupp
FLEX
Kelce
Tucker
D

Appreciate it!
Despite everything I like Barkley as the flex. The volume is there and the matchup isn't as ugly as it looked four weeks ago.

For me Denver is the defense but completely support going with the Bills with Keenan officially ruled out.

PPR league. Need a flex:

* T. McBride @CHI -- McBride has been on fire. Looks like M. Brown could be out again. CHI D has been red hot, but does seem to give up passing yards and is statistically poor against TEs.

or

* D. Montgomery @MN -- He's been solid since back from injury. Seems guaranteed a floor of 10+ points. MN a tough run D though. Note: Already starting J. Gibbs.

Who?

Thanks!
Yeah...I can see the issue. I haven't been following the weather in Chicago but it may hear monitoring.

I can completely see McBride in a full PPR league. I would struggle, a little to do it but he seems to be the beginning and end of the Cardinals passing game.

But capturing 100% of the Lions RB output is very tempting as well. Jamaal & Swift did very well for me last year. Averaged two low end RB1s when the dust settled. However the egg they laid during crunch time at Carolina last year still resonates with me.

Yeah, coin toss but I might lean McBride.

PPR league. Need a flex:

* T. McBride @CHI -- McBride has been on fire. Looks like M. Brown could be out again. CHI D has been red hot, but does seem to give up passing yards and is statistically poor against TEs.

or

* D. Montgomery @MN -- He's been solid since back from injury. Seems guaranteed a floor of 10+ points. MN a tough run D though. Note: Already starting J. Gibbs.

Who?

Thanks!
Yeah...I can see the issue. I haven't been following the weather in Chicago but it may hear monitoring.

I can completely see McBride in a full PPR league. I would struggle, a little to do it but he seems to be the beginning and end of the Cardinals passing game.

But capturing 100% of the Lions RB output is very tempting as well. Jamaal & Swift did very well for me last year. Averaged two low end RB1s when the dust settled. However the egg they laid during crunch time at Carolina last year still resonates with me.

Thanks Chaka. Good to have you back.

Be curious who you think the upside play is? With multiple players going Thursday - Saturday, I will have a decent idea if I'm a big underdog/favorite. Thinking floor play is Monty while ceiling could be McBride (who has been getting receptions/yardage but seems allergic to the endzone).

Please pick one - league with most of the scoring tied to TD's (scaled bonus for longer TD's as well as rushing scores for QB's):

Jake Browning @ Steelers ...no Chase but the Pitt D is banged up
Kyler Murray @ Bears ...Kyler has not been producing through the air and the Bears D is balling

I've been going back and forth
Thank you

Browning

Full PPR, 6pt TD, 0.1pt per yard. Need to fill 1 RB position, 2WR positions, 1 flex.
Current lineup looks like this:
RB - CMC
RB - Barkley
WR - Evans
WR - Waddle
Flex - Achane

Hubbard, Thielan, K. Allen on bench. Considering starting Hubbard over Barkley. Am I crazy? Or should he be staring over Achane? 🤔
It is appreciated if you include the matchups in your posts to save everyone time in answering.

So the question is Hubbard v Barkley, right?

I start Barkley and don't really think twice about it.

Between Hubbard and Achane it's an interesting question. It's a floor v ceiling debate and that depends on your needs and risk tolerance. Personally, with Achane's limited injury status and being clear second to Mostert I go with Hubbard.

D question:

* DEN D vs NE -- DEN D embarrassed last week against DET. Had been playing great. This should be a get well game at home, possibly in some snow, against NE. Zappe and company managed 17 last week against KC. T. Henry may be out.

or

* CHI D vs AZ -- CHI D has multiple sacks and turnovers the last few games. Seems like the D has come around and is disruptive. Giving up yards and points though. Tough as nails against the run, but weaker against the pass.

Which?

Thanks!
This is a tough one but I'm leaning towards the Broncos in the thin air as the defense to have this week.

But Chicago is also a great option, on paper.

In a big bind

Have Stroud, but…

Wilson vs NE
Mullins vs DET
Carr @ LAR.
I go with Russell Wilson here. I can't trust Mullens with his overall track record and Carr has, from a fantasy and IRL perspective been a huge disappointment. Maybe the biggest disappointment in the league. How can we trust him? Now, Carr does have five TD passes in his last two games, which is his best two game TD performance on the season. But I'm still nervous about him.

Wilson has at least one pass TD in every game and six games with two or more. He also has a rush TD in three of his last four games.

None of your options are exciting but Wilson seems to be the most consistent and has as much upside as any of them.

In a 0.5 PPR need 3 of following and one must be WR.

RB

J. Cook at Chargers
Mostert vs. Cowboys
Elliott at Broncos

WR

Kupp vs Saints
Evans vs Jaguars
Cook & Evans for sure IMO.

It comes down to Kupp v Mostert. Should be an easy call but Mostert does have 19 TDs in 14 games, which is crazy. Seriously, who saw that coming?

I really want to say Kupp but I think I go with Mostert in my final spot.

I could see Kupp over Cook but, not really, of the Bills roll, which they should, I think you want a piece of Cook's output.
Thanks Chaka. Appreciate the feedback. This seems to mirror a lot of my thoughts. Experts seem to lean Kupp just barely over Mostert for that last slot. I may go crazy agonizing over it as I have a hard time sitting Mostert after the year he has had and what Dallas had done to them last week but I expect Kupp to have a better than expected outing tonight.

Need some advice on a start tonight bros …

Taysom hill? Start em? I’ve already got Njoku starting - this is a TE Premium league though.

I would be benching Taysom for JSN this week fwiw

So it comes down to JSN @ TENN or Taysom tonight.

1 point PPR
8 point underdog playing against #1 seed

Need to play 2 of these players, 1 has to be a WR

D Adams at Chiefs
London vs Colts
K Allen vs Bills
D Henry vs Seattle
Hubbard vs Packers

Thanks
Allen is officially out.

How in the world did Henry manage 20 touches (16 rush, 4 receptions) for 10 total yards? I mean...da fu...??? BUT he averaged 19 attempts for 71 yards with SIX rush TDs in the three games prior to last week. The Seahawks have a below average rush D too. Bottom line is I think I would roll with Henry and cross my fingers. I just don't think Hubbard has his upside, maybe London but that offense is...a bunch of things that my mother would tell me aren't nice to say (balls!).

Davante is my other choice over London & Hubbard. He's seeing 10+ targets for 70 yards in O'Connell's last six games as a starter. His fewest target share is seven.

I could see a pivot to Hubbard over Henry but, I can't defend that (although I am a Hubbard denier).

Standard scoring, no PPR, need 1 for flex:
I. Pacheco vs LV (this is who I currently have in that position)
D. Henry vs Seattle
J. Taylor vs Atl

Currently, the experts lean towards Henry. I like the matchup better for Pacheco and McKinnon is also banged up. Taylor would be my 2nd choice as Moss is also banged up but Atlanta has had a pretty decent defense, especially lately. My other RB's are Kamara and K. Williams so not benching either of those.

thanks for your thoughts!

Pick a streaming DST for Week 16

Bills at Chargers (QB Easton Stick, Keenan Allen was DNP Tue and Wed)
Jets home vs Commanders
Chiefs home vs Raiders
Eagles home vs Giants
Broncos home vs Patriots
Bears home vs Cardinals
I like the Broncos here but could easily make an argument for the Bears and Chiefs... and Bills. I don't like the Eagles or Jets.

But I'll take the altitude at mile high in a must win for the Broncos.
Funny that anyone is suggesting Den after the 70 burger put on them earlier this year but I agree with you here.

PPR

Need 2 of these RB: Kyren Williams, Mostert, Pollard, Barkley

Need 2 of these WR: Addison, Higgins, Noah Brown, Keenan Allen if he plays

FLEX: 1 of whoever is left out of the above

Right now I have Williams, Mostert / Addison, Higgins / Pollard
Agree with your choices. Might consider Barkley over Pollard because he's getting a few more opportunities/game and has been a touch more efficient. But it's close enough that I wouldn't sweat it.

I have to pick 3 of the 5 RBs I lose this week and my season is over (Need top 11 out of 66 teams)

CMC - IN
Kyren Williams
Kamara
Gibbs
Mostert

I have to pick 3 of the 6 RBs I lose this week and my season is over (Need top 11 out of 66 teams)

Kyrin Williams
Kamara
Gibbs
Taylor
Ken Walker
Achane

Full PPR, 6pt TD, 0.1pt per yard. Need to fill 1 RB position, 2WR positions, 1 flex.
Current lineup looks like this:
RB - CMC
RB - Barkley
WR - Evans
WR - Waddle
Flex - Achane

Hubbard, Thielan, K. Allen on bench. Considering starting Hubbard over Barkley. Am I crazy? Or should he be staring over Achane? 🤔
It is appreciated if you include the matchups in your posts to save everyone time in answering.

So the question is Hubbard v Barkley, right?

I start Barkley and don't really think twice about it.

Between Hubbard and Achane it's an interesting question. It's a floor v ceiling debate and that depends on your needs and risk tolerance. Personally, with Achane's limited injury status and being clear second to Mostert I go with Hubbard.
Fair enough. Here is the overall lineup as I have it right now:

QB Prescott @Mia
RB CMC vs Bal
RB Barkley @Phil
WR Evans vs Jax
WR Waddle vs Dal
WR Achane vs Dal
Colts D
J Elliot

Bench has Hubbard vs GB, Thielen vs Gb. Just picked up C. Samuel @NYJ from the wire as well.

League Dominator says to start CMC, Achane, Evans, Waddle and Hubbard. Wood recommends Barkley over Hubbard. Freeman has Thielen over Waddle (not doing that), Tremblay has Samuel over Hubbard. I don't know why I don't trust Hubbard. Last 4 weeks he's scored 20.2, 22.4, 11.6, 12.3 Barkley in his last 4 is 30.0, 6.2, 25.1, 5.7 - total feast or famine. Maybe I am just stuck on him being my first round pick this year (CMC was keeper)? I'm sure I'm chasing Achane's early season glory and I'm not sure starting both Waddle and Achane against the Dallas D is a great idea. They are going to be looking to make a statement both offensively and defensively after what happened against Buffalo last week.

O.K. as Dak says at the line of scrimmage..."Here we gooooooo"

FFPC scoring:

Team A:
Pick a QB:
Tua vs Dall.
Baker Mayfield vs Jax
Joe Flacco @ Hou
Nick Mullens vs Det

Team B:
Need TWO flexes:
D.Singletary vs Cleve
A.Thielen vs GB
Z.Flowers @ SF
D.Goedert vs NYG

Team C:
Need TWO flexes:
D.Wicks @ Car
C.Samuel @ NYJ
T.Lockett @ Tenn
C.Otton vs Jax
Tua got you here but obviously it depends on how you feel about Tyreek's health. If you are concerned I pivot to Baker against a pass funnel Jaguars defense. I do worry about Baker's consistency but he has targets and since White started balling out he seems to be a decent floor option with upside.

I don't have much to go on with your second choice. But Singletary is probably the right choice with his.volume upside. I assume the gameplan will be similar to last week.

After last week I wouldn't blame you for benching Zay but I still think he's your most dynamic option. Since you're FFPC Goedert needs to be considered and it isn't a bad option but I lean Zay

For option three I think Lockett is probably the right choice. Decent volume at least, if disappointing efficiency. The others could be all over the map and Lockett has just as much upside as any of them.

WRs in both leagues, cant decide

League 1, PPR, Nacua, Olave, Flowers, Addison, Doubs --> Need 3, got a strange feeling Flowers does well , but afraid to start him at 49ers.

League 2, PPR, Nacua, Cooper, Pittman, Higgins --> Need 3, Kind of means gotta roll with Nacua tonight, since Pittman is iffy.
I would have said Nacua & Olave for sure and I agree with you about Flowers but that is based on nothing. Addison is just as a good an option and he faces a much softer Lions pass defense. Niners give up the second most pass attempts but the third fewest TDs and are middle of the pack in yardage. Lions have given up seven more TD passes on 64 fewer attempts against. Addison is probably the right call but, personally Flowers has plenty of upside, I enjoy watching him play and this is a seriously marque game and it adds another entertainment option, if that's your thing.

WRs in both leagues, cant decide

League 1, PPR, Nacua, Olave, Flowers, Addison, Doubs --> Need 3, got a strange feeling Flowers does well , but afraid to start him at 49ers.

League 2, PPR, Nacua, Cooper, Pittman, Higgins --> Need 3, Kind of means gotta roll with Nacua tonight, since Pittman is iffy.
For league Nacua and Pittman (looks like he's going to play after a full practice today) for sure. Higgins and Cooper are a coin toss but Coop has seen some good volume with Flacco and I'd rather have the guy facing the Texans D than the one facing the Browns D.

I’m an underdog but curious how 23.2 points from Olave adjusts my decision at my last flex spot. McBride, Swift, G. Wilson. I already start AJB. (Opponent has Hurts) Also Nick Mullens vs. Minchew.

Going against: Hurts, CMC, Deebo, Higgins, Lockett and more. Fingers crossed.

I’m an underdog but curious how 23.2 points from Olave adjusts my decision at my last flex spot. McBride, Swift, G. Wilson. I already start AJB. (Opponent has Hurts) Also Nick Mullens vs. Minchew.

It’s gonna feel weird, but I think Trey McTargets has the highest floor. Maybe even the higher ceiling of the players you mentioned.

Who is your starting TE?

Standard scoring, no PPR, need 1 for flex:
I. Pacheco vs LV (this is who I currently have in that position)
D. Henry vs Seattle
J. Taylor vs Atl

Currently, the experts lean towards Henry. I like the matchup better for Pacheco and McKinnon is also banged up. Taylor would be my 2nd choice as Moss is also banged up but Atlanta has had a pretty decent defense, especially lately. My other RB's are Kamara and K. Williams so not benching either of those.

thanks for your thoughts!
I line your thought process here, I do think Henry will have a bounce back week, but last week gives pause for thought so would also lean Pacheco. Taylor is the unknown at what% he is.

Semis decision its a .5ppr for RB, 1PPR for WR league.

I need to decide at RB:
Pollard (vs 11th rank vs Mia)
or
Pacheco (vs 22nd rank vs RBs Raiders)

and if Both are great options, do I start one of them over Addison in the Flex.

My thought is to lean Pacheco at RB as he is back and Mckinnon is dinged up so I expect they lean on him a bit, plus he had a great game a few weeks ago vs the Raiders. Pollard has been so up/down do I risk it here vs a much better defense.

Addison seems to have Mullens eye so maybe continues the lightning in a bottle vs the 24th vs WR Detroit Def. I'm leaning leaving Pollard out of the lineup this week.

Talk me off the ledge and thank you again for all your contributions this year @Chaka !!

Mullen’s upside is higher than Minchew. Lions pass D is bad, and the Colts have JT back. Don’t dismiss Pittman’s concussion issues.

PPR league. Need a flex:

or

Who?

Thanks!

Be curious who you think the upside play is? With multiple players going Thursday - Saturday, I will have a decent idea if I'm a big underdog/favorite. Thinking floor play is Monty while ceiling could be McBride (who has been getting receptions/yardage but seems allergic to the endzone).
If McBride gets 6 recs, that’s the Monty TD. There are a lot of mouths to feed in the Detroit offense, unlike AZ.

It’s gonna feel weird, but I think Trey McTargets has the highest floor. Maybe even the higher ceiling of the players you mentioned.

Who is your starting TE?
Kelce traded for him a few weeks ago in redraft.

PPR league. Need a flex:

or

Who?

Thanks!

If McBride gets 6 recs, that’s the Monty TD. There are a lot of mouths to feed in the Detroit offense, unlike AZ.
Yup. And I'm also starting J. Gibbs and AS Brown already.

Users who are viewing this thread