What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jerry Jeudy, CLE (1 Viewer)

Because a 2024 3rd or 4th draft choice will not upgrade the Broncos starting offense one bit, either this year or next, relative to what Jeudy brings.

This statement doesn't account for the fact that Judy's contract is up and would need to be brought back at a new free agent market value that is better spent elsewhere with Mims available to not just step in, but step up (on a rookie salary).
They picked up Jeudy’s 5th year option already so his value is already set for next year if they retain him.

ETA: Stoneworker beat me to it.

Because a 2024 3rd or 4th draft choice will not upgrade the Broncos starting offense one bit, either this year or next, relative to what Jeudy brings.
This statement doesn't account for the fact that Judy's contract is up and would need to be brought back at a new free agent market value that is better spent elsewhere with Mims available to not just step in, but step up (on a rookie salary).
If Jeudy was headed to the open mkt next year, then I might agree. But the 5th year option was already picked up, no? So the Broncos are already on the hook for 2024 guaranteed money. Do you believe a trade partner is going to pay for the guarantee on top of giving up a draft pick?

That's right, I forgot they did that. It's a question of whether he is worth $12 MM next year or if that money is better spent elsewhere, especially if a team is willing to flip them a mid-round pick in addition to freeing up that cap.

Hint: it is.

If Jeudy was headed to the open mkt next year, then I might agree. But the 5th year option was already picked up, no? So the Broncos are already on the hook for 2024 guaranteed money. Do you believe a trade partner is going to pay for the guarantee on top of giving up a draft pick?
I believe a team in good cap standing would pay the salary and give a fourth. The Broncos would be stupid not to take that deal.

I believe a team in good cap standing would pay the salary and give a fourth. The Broncos would be stupid not to take that deal.
If that deal clears the market I'll be more than happy to bump your post with a "good posting."

Well just look at that. Jeudy not traded.

Tell me...who among us could have predicted that outcome?
Looks like an incompetent franchise at the moment. The fact you’re more worried about being right than have to pay a WR more money than he’s worth next season speaks for itself. I’d expect this more to reflect in the Broncos management than management doesn’t bode well for fans. Good for the fans of Jeudy I guess.

Looks like an incompetent franchise at the moment. The fact you’re more worried about being right than have to pay a WR more money than he’s worth next season speaks for itself. I’d expect this more to reflect in the Broncos management than management doesn’t bode well for fans. Good for the fans of Jeudy I guess.
LMAO. Sorry you are not so good at reading NFL situations.

Why are you being such a Richard?

As if you are qualified to provide better analysis. Good luck.

Your opinion. Don’t like it….don’t respond. Pretty simple actually.

Lol, I was on your side. I responded to Stoneworker, not you.

Lol, I was on your side. I responded to Stoneworker, not you.
Sorry. You quoted me post so I missed that. No worries. I don’t get it either. Doesn’t make sense if I was a Broncos fan. They already have the highest paid WR room in the NFL. Unbelievable someone who is a fan of the team would take that stance.

Last edited:
Real talk, if the Broncos could've gotten a bag a chips from anyone to take Judith's 2023 $12mm commitment off their books they would have. Problem is no one wanted him for that price and hence he is still a Bronkie tonight.

Real talk, if the Broncos could've gotten a bag a chips from anyone to take Judith's 2023 $12mm commitment off their books they would have. Problem is no one wanted him for that price and hence he is still a Bronkie tonight.
Yes, have to imagine the ill-advised decision to extend his 5th year option prevented a trade. Seemed reasonable at the time given how he finished last year and was balling out in the pre-season, but they also seem to have been taken in by his unfulfilled potential.

Can still trade him in the offseason, may be easier since they can eat some of that 5th year option money for a better pick in return. I still think it’s very possible they hang onto him though as it seems almost guaranteed that Sutton and Patrick will be cap casualties. Whether it’s Wilson or a rookie, going to need more than just Mims to throw to next year.

Edit: Sutton is a good candidate to restructure as well since he has another unguaranteed year left on his contract. Could trade Jeudy, restructure Sutton with some void years or something and cut Patrick and probably save a good $20~$30MM which they are going to need.

Last edited:
Dropped him in Waivers for a needed QB since Stafford has really stunk, my only hope was Jeudy get traded out of this Broncos Team. I didn't have a lot of confidence in him being fantasy relevant. But he could hit a hot streak. Still can't believe Broncos beat the Chiefs. Maybe I try and pick him up after their bye week. Feels like a wasted year tho holding him since my draft.

Anyone talking about each other and not players please stop ruining the thread.

I don't agree, read they got offers for him but was not enough.

Also don't think a $12M commitment is that big of a deal. That's what Brandin Cooks is making this year and he's older and he got traded. He just got traded for peanuts and Denver did not want to just give Juedy away.

Also don't think a $12M commitment is that big of a deal. That's what Brandin Cooks is making this year and he's older and he got traded. He just got traded for peanuts and Denver did not want to just give Juedy away.

I’m one of his biggest detractors but agree, that option isn’t even close to prohibitive and pretty much what any decent WR would cost in free agency. They might get better offers in the off-season when some teams are more optimistic and others aren’t so locked in. Wont be at all surprised to see him moved prior to next season. Denver probably figures they can’t do any worse on the offers they are getting and maybe he plays better down the stretch.

In my view he’s either the worst good wide receiver or the best bad one. A Mendoza level of sorts for the position.

I think the $12 mil is kind of a big deal when they already have the largest paid wr room before that.

Interesting segment today on 104.3 the Fan. The host who works with Brandon Stokley was speaking of conflicting reports. One by Adam Schefter and another bye long time Broncos beat writer Michael Klis. Schefter reported that the Broncos had an offer on the table, and Klis reported they did not. Both reports involved either a second rounder or third and fifth. Hmmmm ………

Can this guy please get 6/75/1 this weekend? Desperation WR2 play with Keenan and Hollywood out. It sucks to make it this far then have to rely on waiver wire trash like Jeudy.

Sutton out. Stidham in at QB. Maybe he'll air it out against the Chargers a la Aidan O'Connell. Could this be a big week for Jeudy?

Sutton out. Stidham in at QB. Maybe he'll air it out against the Chargers a la Aidan O'Connell. Could this be a big week for Jeudy?
I don't know about "airing it out" but IMO Stidham is more likely to push the ball downfield and more effectively get the ball in the hands of WR's than Wilson

I’m counting on this combo of factors and currently slotting Jeudy over K.J. Osborn as a result. Looks like a promising opportunity for JJ to shine in this spot.

Are we concerned that he did not practice today?
It's an illness an not an injury FWIW
Weak heart?

Jeudy, the fourth-year wide receiver, has a locker situated directly across from Stidham and said they have a strong relationship.

“Jarrett’s my dog, man,” he said. “We always be jumping around, clowning with each other and stuff like that. He’s a great quarterback, great competitor and a very smart dude. I’m very excited to see what he does this weekend.”

“He’s a great passer. He throws a pretty ball,” Jeudy told reporters on Wednesday. “Great at anticipating routes.** You know, he do it all as a quarterback—what you need from a quarterback, he does it all.”

** Definitely a point of differentiation vs. Russ

Even though he has 1 year on his contract, he's gone after this year IMO.

One of the best examples ever of a million dollar talent with a $0.10 head. I agree and think they eat a small amount of contract and trade him for as much as they can get. The Faust article a few weeks ago was very illuminating.

you seeing what's going on with russ and think this guy hasn't checked out too?

i'm still a massive believer in his talent. hell go elsewhere and ball out, im counting on it. still a bit dumb in the head, but he is pure talent.

i'm still a massive believer in his talent. hell go elsewhere and ball out, im counting on it. still a bit dumb in the head, but he is pure talent.
I’d like to believe this, but it’s been 4 years now and we’ve seen only small glimpses of his talent. I think he’s just not the guy everyone thought he’d be.

I’d like to believe this, but it’s been 4 years now and we’ve seen only small glimpses of his talent. I think he’s just not the guy everyone thought he’d be.

Hard to argue, I know. But the glimpses he's shown give me faith. His college tape is sublime. And it just seems he never settled into, and grew into not wanting to be in Denver.

Why they kept him past the deadline, I'll never know... But I'm looking forward to seeing him in new colors.

Hard to argue, I know. But the glimpses he's shown give me faith. His college tape is sublime. And it just seems he never settled into, and grew into not wanting to be in Denver.

Why they kept him past the deadline, I'll never know... But I'm looking forward to seeing him in new colors.
College tape ship has sailed. We're way past that. Talent or not, something is wrong with him between the ears.

He’s not the first WR (several from his own alma mater) to ball out in college but fail to carry that over in the NFL. I agree a change of scenery would certainly do him good, and he could improve in the right situation, but I’m highly skeptical he’ll ever be close to what we expected. Just doesn’t seem to have that dog in him.

Users who are viewing this thread