What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

Been watching The Chosen after people repeatedly telling me I should watch it. Didn't warm up to it right away but now I love it. I wasn't aware that 650 million people had already watched it and that Whoopi Goldberg was a fan

Tokyo Vice (HBO Max)

Season 1 has been around for a bit; Season 2 begins streaming on Feb 8.
I just happened to stumble upon this through a pop-up ad while viewing something else.
I'm only two episodes in, so I'll give another comment when I complete season 1, so far, I like it a lot.
It's well produced, written and acted. There is a bit of Japanese language captioning, but it's not hard to follow.

So far what I've seen, this is a somewhat dark drama based on an American working as an entry level journalist on the crime beat for the local an all-Japanese newspaper and all the hijinks that follow.

Has anyone else watched? Any opinions? Hoping it keeps a favorable trajectory.

I liked it.....but less for any mystery or crime drama and more for the fish out of water story.

We Are the World doc on Netflix was fun. I'm a suckered for a behind the scenes production/music doc anyway.
This was good.
I'm astounded that it got made at all, let alone in one night.
Just watched it. I too am a sucker for these type of docs. Crazy from an operational standpoint they were able to get all these stars together. Crazy. The egos involved in a collaboration like this was remarkable. Bob Dylan being so uncomfortable was interesting. Wasnt his thing yet he stuck it out. Waylon was like, actual African lyrics? I'm out. Ha ha. Prince doing Prince things made me laugh. Reminded me of Chappelle skit poking fun at him. That drunk guy, don't remember his name, trying to sing was cringey. Ha ha. Great watch though for a great cause.
It was a fun watch. I remember this coming out when I was a kid, but never knew much about how it was actually made.

man, the content out right now is underwhelming

thinking about doing another round of Andor or GOT out of boredom

Last edited:
Masters of the air episode 1 is out, it’s stunningly beautiful and has had some powerful moments already. I didn’t realize Barry Keoghan is in it, made me think of zoolander and the “that hansel is so hot right now” line.

Episode 3 is amazing, very brutal and accurate depiction of the air war. Some surprise deaths early on. Also some branching of the narrative and changing the structure of the story which makes sense. Given the nature of the warfare and the massive casualties (minor spoiler, but the odds of making 25 missions and going home like what was depicted in Memphis Belle was something like around a 25% chance. The 100th they are focusing on was one of the hardest hit squadrons in the entire war too.) So they won’t be able to stick to a straightforward, follow the progression of the war type story like Band of Brothers. Interested to see how they fill out the other episodes.

I liked The Diplomat but not enough to watch another season.
I barely made it through the first episode of The Night Agent

Griselda Netflix.

6/10. Just doesn't hold up in the genre compared to shows that have come before it. Sofia Vergara just can't quite rise to the demands of the role. In fairness, the writing didn't do her any favours. Struggled to finish it.

When is the new season for “The Night Agent” coming back on?
I was wondering about that one and "The Diplomat" as well
I enjoyed The Diplomat and am looking forward to season two.

The Night Agent is like the Nickelback of TV shows for me...
I liked the night agent so much I watched the first season again. Looking forward to season two.

Griselda Netflix.

6/10. Just doesn't hold up in the genre compared to shows that have come before it. Sofia Vergara just can't quite rise to the demands of the role. In fairness, the writing didn't do her any favours. Struggled to finish it.
2 episodes in and liking it quite a bit. Tough getting past Gloria from Modern Family but i think she's doing a good job.

Griselda Netflix.

2 episodes in and liking it quite a bit. Tough getting past Gloria from Modern Family but i think she's doing a good job.
We just finished it up last night. I thought it was good. Not great but worth watching.

Griselda Netflix.

We just finished it up last night. I thought it was good. Not great but worth watching.
We did too. It was kinda meh for me. I feel like Vergara miscast herself as the lead... From her physique, even with the prosthetic honker, but especially her portrayal which came across as always running scared instead of soul-eating.

Just finished Griselda. Not bad. Lots of Spanish but they show subtitles. Much more entertaining than True Detective.

I finished Suits this week.
Started off pretty good then it got tiring with the same situations over and over again. The last season was a decent send off.

Started off pretty good then it got tiring with the same situations over and over again. The last season was a decent send off.
My wife’s favorite series in 2023. I liked Harvey and Lewis the best. Mike’s character not as much. Jessica’s character not so much. Hardman is a good villain.

My wife’s favorite series in 2023. I liked Harvey and Lewis the best. Mike’s character not as much. Jessica’s character not so much. Hardman is a good villain.
Lewis grew on me and really enjoyed him by the end of the series.
I agree, Hardmann was a good villain.

Users who are viewing this thread