What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: Decline 5th year options for Harris and Fields (8 Viewers)

Me spitballing:

Would you trade #20 and Austin for Aiyuk?

Restructure some deals and sign him and Boyd?
Kind of already weighed on but no, I'd not want to do that.

Ridley is getting a legit $25M a year for this first two years with the Titans. You can get Aiyuk's cap number down that first year but he won't want less then $25M per year over the course of the deal.

Calvin Austin is about a $1M a year player. Last year's pick #20, JSN, will average $3.6M a year over the 4 years of his deal.

I mentioned some of this earlier but I look at a contract like Queens, which is legit year to year at about $13m per season and think in terms of you can have Queen, Austin, the player you pick at 20 and still have about $8M left. If Queen does not work out that's still money to go someplace is my point.

Mentioend I just hate to pay twice for a player and then you also got factor of it's an Arthur Smith operation. Granted he's had these guys when they were just getting into the league and has dealt with some QB issues but in his 5 years as OC or head coach he's had AJ Brown for two of them and Drake London for the other two and the most targets out of those 4 seasons anyone got was 117. Just not a great use of resources for that position IMO.

And not that this has anything to do with it, but I'd argue the two most under utilized WR's in the NFL last year was Pickens and Aiyuk. That both had the prodcution they did on a per target basis was phenenomal. I am very fond of Aiyuk, but would just rather not.

Also, with the Browns proving to be the Browns yet again in giving Jeudy an unearned contract Aiyuk's price just went up for sure. Scratch him off the list.

Looks like we have traded or are in the process of trading for Aiuyk..

Well then this mock draft that I love is moot!

20. Jackson Powers-JohnsonOC Oregon
51. Ja'Lynn PolkWR Washington
84. Jeremiah Trotter Jr.LB Clemson
98. Kris JenkinsDT Michigan
119. Khyree JacksonCB Oregon
178. Christian JonesOT Texas
195. Joe MiltonQB Tennessee

I will wait to see what we gave up or will give up, but to me WR are dime a dozen and Pickens will fill the WR1 well. I was worried about depth after him, and wanted a 2nd or 3rd tier guy. If we gave up a first for Aiyuk, I will be mad.
You rely on the worst sources and truly wish you did not clutter this thread with that garbage
Dude was right on Wilson and Fields..

I get Steeler fans hate The greatest WR the franchise has ever seen, but Brown talks to pretty much everyone.. He also tweeted the Aiyuk tweet to Tomlin first. There is def smoke between Steelers and Aiyuk.

Give it time and AB will show again he was right.

I will wait to see what we gave up or will give up, but to me WR are dime a dozen and Pickens will fill the WR1 well. I was worried about depth after him, and wanted a 2nd or 3rd tier guy. If we gave up a first for Aiyuk, I will be mad.
You rely on the worst sources and truly wish you did not clutter this thread with that garbage
They 100% are or have spoken to 49ers. Just not sure where that stands currently.

This is AB's shtick account. Not saying it didn't/won't happen, but anyone reputable reporting this?
Why isn't the greatest WR in Steelers history, who talks to a lot of players personally not reputable?

I never understood, why people think Adam Scheffer is the only guy who knows ****. I would take a player/former player word over his any day.

This is AB's shtick account. Not saying it didn't/won't happen, but anyone reputable reporting this?
Why isn't the greatest WR in Steelers history, who talks to a lot of players personally not reputable?

I never understood, why people think Adam Scheffer is the only guy who knows ****. I would take a player/former player word over his any day.

Because he has CTE and is looking for clicks.

And he still has more knowledge then you ever will

The day Wilson visited the Steelers they tweeted out he agreed to sign. That's a guess.

They got like a million tweets saying the Bears are keeping Fields and trying to trade the 1.1

I'm not trying to be mean here but you don't understand the difference between throwing a pile of stuff up against the wall and sometimes being right vs being credible. I find the misinformation annoying but you go ahead and believe what you want.

Leeroy brings consistently reliable insight into this thread. This is just unnecessarily rude.

Heard it a couple of times, maybe all leads back to Schefter though, but there's a chance Wilson isn't on the team by week 1.

Heard it a couple of times, maybe all leads back to Schefter though, but there's a chance Wilson isn't on the team by week 1.

Feels like fabricated drama.

Of course if he totally is washed, and Fields has an amazing summer, decisions will be made and his contract gives the Steelers tremendous leverage and flexibility. But I highly doubt Tomlin and Omar are saying things like that behind closed doors, meriting a report. This is just talking heads filling a vacuum.

Of course if he totally is washed, and Fields has an amazing summer, decisions will be made and his contract gives the Steelers tremendous leverage and flexibility. But I highly doubt Tomlin and Omar are saying things like that behind closed doors, meriting a report. This is just talking heads filling a vacuum.
Possibly. If it is though, who's doing the fabricating? Schefter doesn't tend to make things up. Did he hear it from someone outside the org and went with it? Maybe. Did the Steelers "whisper" it to someone to motivate Wilson and/or Fields? Maybe.

I would think given the cost they both are on the team through 2024 but if Fields wins the job and Wilson becomes a locker room issue then I could see them sending him away.

Possibly. If it is though, who's doing the fabricating? Schefter doesn't tend to make things up. Did he hear it from someone outside the org and went with it? Maybe. Did the Steelers "whisper" it to someone to motivate Wilson and/or Fields? Maybe.

I would think given the cost they both are on the team through 2024 but if Fields wins the job and Wilson becomes a locker room issue then I could see them sending him away.
Used the Wilson signing to drive down the trade price of Fields? I like it.

Dude, you need a hug. It's time you go away and troll elsewhere. You're obviously not a fan as you do nothing but b!t@h about everything while providing nothing of interest.
here is you Schefter.. keep believing what he says..

La Canfora says the same. Doesn't make them right by AB has no clue.

Dude, you need a hug. It's time you go away and troll elsewhere. You're obviously not a fan as you do nothing but b!t@h about everything while providing nothing of interest.
here is you Schefter.. keep believing what he says..

La Canfora says the same. Doesn't make them right by AB has no clue.
Shefter is a credible source so we are improving here but he and Rappaport have allowed themselves to be used as mouthpieces for the Bears, Fields or both.

To review it was Shefter who got on TV a few months ago and told us that Fields might draw a first and that a second was on the table.

It was Rapaport who told us a few weeks ago that the Bears had not engaged anyone in trade talks when most of the reports in the league were saying the Bears had been working the phones for weeks.

Been a lot of spin going on.

It's "Schefter" with a "c." Why am I correcting you about a stupid point and spelling, you might wonder?

Because the fake Twitter/X account that everybody gets fooled by is "Shefter" with no "c."

That's really important. There are some weird retweets and even reporting that goes on because of that. Causes confusion.

Read that Steelers are inquiring about Terry McLaurin's availability. I can see why they would value him compared to DJ, they are kind polar opposites (DJ is a diva, Terry one of the nicest guys in the league) but Peters better tell them to get bent. Terry is the face of our franchise. I can't wait to see what he can do with a good offense/QB.

Hearing rumors about Jackson Powers Johnson falling due to an injury, but idk if they're substantiated or not.

Fact that no Tomlin or Khan at pro day tells me they aren’t drafting him. They are either trading pick 20 for Jefferson or Aiyuk, or taking a tackle from Alabama or Georgia is my guess. WR in play too.
Surprised me since JPJ looks like a 1st round talent at a position of need. But WR, OT, CB are more expensive to acquire & pay. Smart move really is to draft a premium position when you can get a top end talent.

Might have missed one, but here are the pro-days where Tomlin and Khan attended so far
Georgia - Amarius Mims, Ladd McConkey, Bowers, SVP, Kamari Lassiter
Clemson - Nate Wiggins, Jeremiah Trotter Jr
Alabama - Terrion Arnold, Kool-Aid McKinstry, JC Latham

New mock for me:

20. JC Latham, RT, Bama
51. Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, OC, GA
84. Jeremiah Trotter Jr., ILB, Clemson
98. Johnny Wilson, WR, FSU
119. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
178. Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson
195. Joe Milton, QB, Ten.

Hearing rumors about Jackson Powers Johnson falling due to an injury, but idk if they're substantiated or not.

Fact that no Tomlin or Khan at pro day tells me they aren’t drafting him. They are either trading pick 20 for Jefferson or Aiyuk, or taking a tackle from Alabama or Georgia is my guess. WR in play too.
The only loophole is if they met with him at the Senior Bowl. If they wined and dined him then, he could still be the pick imo.

New mock for me:

20. JC Latham, RT, Bama
Could we get Sedrick in the 3rd? I remember seeing him in the 3rd in a lot of mocks but not sure if he's moved up. Would be pretty happy with this mock, but I'd rather get a 2nd round WR and Sedrick in the 3rd if that's realistic.

Read that Steelers are inquiring about Terry McLaurin's availability. I can see why they would value him compared to DJ, they are kind polar opposites (DJ is a diva, Terry one of the nicest guys in the league) but Peters better tell them to get bent. Terry is the face of our franchise. I can't wait to see what he can do with a good offense/QB.
Saw this yesterday:

P Finlay

@JPFinlayNBCS

Reached out to sources: Rumors about Terry McLaurin being traded aren’t real. “Zero truth to him being available.”

The only loophole is if they met with him at the Senior Bowl. If they wined and dined him then, he could still be the pick imo.

New mock for me:

20. JC Latham, RT, Bama
Could we get Sedrick in the 3rd? I remember seeing him in the 3rd in a lot of mocks but not sure if he's moved up. Would be pretty happy with this mock, but I'd rather get a 2nd round WR and Sedrick in the 3rd if that's realistic.

Maybe/probably. All the other centers were off the board for me, so I wanted to lock him in.

My ideal mock at the moment with good luck of players falling to us:

20. Terrion Arnold, CB, Bama
51. Keon Coleman, WR, FSU
84. Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia
98. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame
119. Mekhi Wingo, DT, LSU

Users who are viewing this thread