What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baseball Wagering (1 Viewer)

1 million dollars on Seattle -128
cutting back?
How many units is that and can I get a loan?
I believe that is 16.453 units if going by GM's normal unit... :shrug: ETA: but that's only because he is going to scalp this later :thumbup:
He said scalp. :lmao:
it's my new favorite word! I try to work that into my daily conversations at work too...:geronimo:

ETA: damnit, where's the indian smilie??? Oops, or is that native american nowadays? JeebB the Washington Native Americans, and the Florida State Swampland Tribe Native Americans...

Last edited by a moderator:
if i wait 12 minutes maybe the cle/bos line will change or I can scalp some off in live wagering. I was hoping there would be live wagering on the tribe and bosox tonight but it does not look like it :wall:

if i wait 12 minutes maybe the cle/bos line will change or I can scalp some off in live wagering. I was hoping there would be live wagering on the tribe and bosox tonight but it does not look like it :wall:
:lmao:

They have it at Matchbook.

1 million dollars on Seattle -128
cutting back?
How many units is that and can I get a loan?
I believe that is 16.453 units if going by GM's normal unit... :shrug:

ETA: but that's only because he is going to scalp this later :thumbup:
I must say I got a chuckle when reading this. I had a potential scalp in this game too. Had Under 11 -105 - could have scalped it, but stayed with it. :unsure:
:wall: :wall: :wall:

+117 - very impressive Sonny. You beat me. I have some RL, Over, and a parlay of both as well. I'm having a terrible day thus far by the way. :thumbup:
I'll probably regret asking, but why do you have all those different lines on the same game, and how is your record playing like that?

+117 - very impressive Sonny. You beat me. I have some RL, Over, and a parlay of both as well. I'm having a terrible day thus far by the way. :thumbup:
I'll probably regret asking, but why do you have all those different lines on the same game, and how is your record playing like that?
I usually don't bet multiple lines on the same game, but I was looking to play Oakland all day. The Angels finally steamed late and I was able to get the ML number I wanted as well as the RL. This was a decent game to parlay with the Over as I think if the A's win this game will go Over. The bad thing is all of these wagers are coorelated, so it can get risky. That's one of the reasons I'm not betting a lot. I'm up a little bit so far this baseball season (just started 2 weeks ago). I have been making 20 plays a day or so. Some days less, some more. I'm trying this way of wagering. So far it's been mixed success.

+117 - very impressive Sonny.  You beat me.  I have some RL, Over, and a parlay of both as well.  I'm having a terrible day thus far by the way.   :thumbup:
I usually don't bet multiple lines on the same game, but I was looking to play Oakland all day. The Angels finally steamed late and I was able to get the ML number I wanted as well as the RL. This was a decent game to parlay with the Over as I think if the A's win this game will go Over. The bad thing is all of these wagers are coorelated, so it can get risky. That's one of the reasons I'm not betting a lot. I'm up a little bit so far this baseball season (just started 2 weeks ago). I have been making 20 plays a day or so. Some days less, some more. I'm trying this way of wagering. So far it's been mixed success.
so you have Oakland RL, ML and the Over (plus a parlay Oakland/Over)? What was the lines, considering Oakland seems to be the dog? Or was it the +1.5?

so you have Oakland RL, ML and the Over (plus a parlay Oakland/Over)? What was the lines, considering Oakland seems to be the dog? Or was it the +1.5?
Oakland +115 - 2 unitsOakland +1' -180

Parlay: Oakland +112/Over 9 +105

Oakland/LAA Over 9 +112

The parlay is pretty good, I like the numbers I have. The others aren't great, but are good compared to what was available all throughout the day.

+117 - very impressive Sonny.  You beat me.  I have some RL, Over, and a parlay of both as well.  I'm having a terrible day thus far by the way.  :thumbup:

Oakland/LAA Over 9 +112

The parlay is pretty good, I like the numbers I have. The others aren't great, but are good compared to what was available all throughout the day.
ok... that makes more sense... why +1, no +1.5 available? or is there a reason for the +1?I'm just curious...

Oakland/LAA Over 9 +112

ok... that makes more sense... why +1, no +1.5 available? or is there a reason for the +1?I'm just curious...
It is +1.5. I use the +1', same thing.

Today I have:

Fla -109 for 7 units :shock: Big one for me today

I want the over in the Dbacks game but as of now there is no O/U being offered.

:tumbleweed:

What I like tonight:

Toronto ML- Jarett Wright just stinks = Toronto early lead and then hang on.

Seattle ML - Moyer 18-3 lifetime vs Baltimore and at -110 excellent value.

Cle/Bos O10.5- Simply put to bad pitchers and 2 teams that can hit = big runs.

New York Mets/Florida Marlins 1-August-2006 4:05 PM PST Total Points OVER 9.5 for Game +108 M. Pelfrey must start S. Olsen must start

I'm waiting for the GM million dollar picks of the day :popcorn: Until then, I'm on the Mets over 9.5
Not sure I have a million dollar play in me today.Currently, I'm busy getting a tongue bath from the Penthouse Pet of the Year while I poop on my golden plated toilet with champagne bidet option.Life is grand.

prosopis said:
Today I have:Fla -109 for 7 units :shock: Big one for me todayI want the over in the Dbacks game but as of now there is no O/U being offered. :tumbleweed:
Added AZ/Chc O13 +105This may be the highest MLB over I have ever bet. :popcorn:

Well, got a little bored here at work, so I played the following for a unit:

Atlanta -1.5 (Smoltz)/ Arizona -1.5 (Vargas)

I just love betting against bad offensive teams that are out of contention.

g'luck

Some decent looking underdogs out there....

Pettitte +130 over San Diego. Peavy isn't the same guy he was last year. Gotta think the value lies with Houston tonight.

Livan Hernandez +140 over the Giants. Hernandez has been better of late and this Giants team is mired in an 8 game skid....

You could pair these two up for a good payday ~4.5 to 1....

Some decent looking underdogs out there....Pettitte +130 over San Diego. Peavy isn't the same guy he was last year. Gotta think the value lies with Houston tonight.Livan Hernandez +140 over the Giants. Hernandez has been better of late and this Giants team is mired in an 8 game skid....You could pair these two up for a good payday ~4.5 to 1....
I wouldn't trust any money with Houston at this point. Good luck on the play though, sometimes they do manage to win one...

Some decent looking underdogs out there....Pettitte +130 over San Diego. Peavy isn't the same guy he was last year. Gotta think the value lies with Houston tonight.Livan Hernandez +140 over the Giants. Hernandez has been better of late and this Giants team is mired in an 8 game skid....You could pair these two up for a good payday ~4.5 to 1....
I wouldn't trust any money with Houston at this point. Good luck on the play though, sometimes they do manage to win one...
I hear you, but Pettitte is a backable pitcher at this price, IMO. Yes, it's been a bad year for him, but any time he takes the mound at +130, I'm remotely interested.

I hear you, but Pettitte is a backable pitcher at this price, IMO. Yes, it's been a bad year for him, but any time he takes the mound at +130, I'm remotely interested.
That's totally understandable. Pettitte is normally a great catch at +130, but have you seen his starts? I have watched at least 6 of his games the last 2 months and the guy doesn't pitch with confidence. His mechanics doesn't seem to flow as well as prior seasons and he has big issues with his control of the strike zone. I'm not trying to talk you out of the play, he might finally get some backing from the Astros bats, but there's a reason he is +130.

That's totally understandable. Pettitte is normally a great catch at +130, but have you seen his starts? I have watched at least 6 of his games the last 2 months and the guy doesn't pitch with confidence. His mechanics doesn't seem to flow as well as prior seasons and he has big issues with his control of the strike zone. I'm not trying to talk you out of the play, he might finally get some backing from the Astros bats, but there's a reason he is +130.
Not to mention that stout Astros bullpen :unsure:

I played blackjack last night on partypoker for the FIRST TIME. Holy crap is that compulsive. RAPID FIRE! :excited:

EDIT: this will not end well...

Users who are viewing this thread