What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I the only guy who thinks Boldin is better than Fitzgerald? (2 Viewers)

My Ditka

Footballguy
In 14 games last year, Boldin gave us 102 1402 7

In 16 games last year, Fitzgerald was 103 1409 10

I'll give Fitz an edge for durability, but all else being equal I think AB is better.

It scares me to use either one of them due to the fact that they are one Kurt Warner injury away from having the pretty boy throwing them the ball...

(But in answer to the original question, no you are not the only one.. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to think so but now give Fitz a slight edge. They are awfully close though.I'd be happy with either one.

close...1a and 1b with the edge to fitz because he seems better suited as the red zone target...so more rec. to bolding but more TDs to fitz IMHO

EDIT: typos

i think boldin and fitzgerald are equal. i guess fitz has a better perception because he was the big time #1 pick coming in. boldin prob would've have been higher than 2nd round pick if not for some troubles and character issues while at fsu. boldin was a monster last year and his rookie year, and i throw away his second season b/c that was a freak knee injury in preseason that messed the whole season up for him

Fitz by a nose.But Boldins Knee scares me. So I downgrade him more in redraft.
I agree. Notwithstanding, Boldin may be the better WR to draft because you can usually draft him at elast 1 round later. Boldin is the better value, at the benefit of the "same" production as Fitz, and having the ability to draft a really good RB instead of drafting Fitz.

They are very close, however in a FF draft I would take Boldin all the way because his ADP is a round lower than Fitz, therefore Boldin offers better value.

These guys just went back to back (2nd round) in the last draft I was in.

I like them both a lot. So far Fitz has been less injury prone, that might be the deciding factor.

Boldin might be slightly better right now (especially running after the catch), but Fitzgerald is still on the upside of his career trajectory - he's turning 23 next week!

For redraft, I have Fitz ahead because he's more likely to get the short TD throws and less likely to get hurt (Boldin's nagging knee issues).

It scares me to use either one of them due to the fact that they are one Kurt Warner injury away from having the pretty boy throwing them the ball...(But in answer to the original question, no you are not the only one.. :) )
Leinart is going to really suprise people with how soon he is really, really good. His learning curve will be shorter than any other top QB in recent years.

Fitzgerald has the gift of size which gives him the edge IMHO. Fitzgerald really makes it look easy.

Both could be HOF candidates in 20 years.

i think boldin and fitzgerald are equal. i guess fitz has a better perception because he was the big time #1 pick coming in. boldin prob would've have been higher than 2nd round pick if not for some troubles and character issues while at fsu. boldin was a monster last year and his rookie year, and i throw away his second season b/c that was a freak knee injury in preseason that messed the whole season up for him
What character issues did he have at FSU? I remember he had to play QB in his last bowl game because 37 other guys got suspended, but I don't remember him doing anything. I was under the impression his stock dropped because of his bad 40 time. Anyway, I lean towards Fitz because of the red zone and the injury to Boldin, but it's still very close.

Anquan Boldin currently holds the NFL record for average receptions per game. His pro-rated numbers from every season of his career would be:

101/1377/8

90/997/2 (playing injured)

117/1602/8

You know what the most amazing part is? He's played 40 games, and only ONCE has he gotten fewer than 3 receptions. He has 5 or more catches in a ridiculous SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT of the games he's played. He has 7 or more catches FIFTY PERCENT of the time. Un-be-freaking-lievable.

It matters who has Warner's trust. There are scores of guys that were more "talented" than the guy on the opposite end, but they didnt see the targets.

Didnt someone last week throw up the targets and numbers with Warner vs when Warner was out?

It matters who has Warner's trust. There are scores of guys that were more "talented" than the guy on the opposite end, but they didnt see the targets. Didnt someone last week throw up the targets and numbers with Warner vs when Warner was out?
Are we talking talent or fantasy numbers?Either way I like Fitz by a narrow margin because of his size and redzone presence.

It matters who has Warner's trust. There are scores of guys that were more "talented" than the guy on the opposite end, but they didnt see the targets. Didnt someone last week throw up the targets and numbers with Warner vs when Warner was out?
Are we talking talent or fantasy numbers?Either way I like Fitz by a narrow margin because of his size and redzone presence.
I dunno. Question was "Boldin better than Fitzgerald?". I'm just saying "whichever one gets the ball the most". Boldin is a big physical guy that can still motor and Fitz is lanky, longer arms, 2' taller without horrific injury factor. Probably a wash that depends on who Warner looks to first when it comes to #s.

In 14 games last year, Boldin gave us 102 1402 7 In 16 games last year, Fitzgerald was 103 1409 10I'll give Fitz an edge for durability, but all else being equal I think AB is better.
Boldin/Fitzgerald remind me of DJax/Robinson.People always argued that KRob was SO MUCH BETTER and just given more time would prove it. Well, we know how that went.The big difference is that Fitz is a legitimately good WR, KRob never was.Anyway, Boldin IS the better of the two... but his playing style may shorten his career, he reminds me a bit of T.O with his style, and he already has knee problems.They are really 1A and 1B

Anquan Boldin currently holds the NFL record for average receptions per game. His pro-rated numbers from every season of his career would be:101/1377/890/997/2 (playing injured)117/1602/8Un-be-freaking-lievable.
Yep :D The guy is amazing

It scares me to use either one of them due to the fact that they are one Kurt Warner injury away from having the pretty boy throwing them the ball...

(But in answer to the original question, no you are not the only one.. :) )
Leinart is going to really suprise people with how soon he is really, really good. His learning curve will be shorter than any other top QB in recent years.
Agreed he'll likely be good but he'll have a tough time duplicating Roethlisberger's personal or team numbers. Regarding Fitz and Boldin I am not sure why there always seems to be a debate on who is better. They're both great young WRs, I'd be happy with either. Look at Moss & Carter under Denny Green.

In 14 games last year, Boldin gave us 102 1402 7 In 16 games last year, Fitzgerald was 103 1409 10I'll give Fitz an edge for durability, but all else being equal I think AB is better.
Boldin/Fitzgerald remind me of DJax/Robinson.People always argued that KRob was SO MUCH BETTER and just given more time would prove it. Well, we know how that went.The big difference is that Fitz is a legitimately good WR, KRob never was.Anyway, Boldin IS the better of the two... but his playing style may shorten his career, he reminds me a bit of T.O with his style, and he already has knee problems.They are really 1A and 1B
Amazing what a talented kid is capable of when he has a decent head on his shoulders and actually tries to improve on what God gave him. :thumbup:

He'll have a tough time duplicating Roethlisberger's personal or team numbers.
Roethlisberger's personal numbers were not that great. His team numbers were. Leinheart has Fitz, Boldin, and EDGE......he would destroy Roethlisbergers ##'sPitt HOMER!

It scares me to use either one of them due to the fact that they are one Kurt Warner injury away from having the pretty boy throwing them the ball...(But in answer to the original question, no you are not the only one.. :) )
I see this sentiment too often. These guys would be good if I was behind center. They make QBs not the other way around. There was very little drop off in their numbers when it was Josh McCown throwing to them, and nobody's mistaking McCown for Dan Fouts (the best QB of all time by the way :football: ). I don't worry about who's throwing them the ball, ever. They're that good.Anyway I give Fitz a slight edge as he seems to have a bit more athleticism and a better health track record. It's hard to go wrong with either one - probably not really worth considering much for fantasy purposes.

It's hard to go wrong with either one - probably not really worth considering much for fantasy purposes.
Boldin and Fitz went right after each other in my recent draft. Boldin went first, I took Fitz :) Had both been available, I had planned on taking Boldin with that pick.

Oh please. Leinart played on the most overstacked team in one of the most understacked conferences in the nation. He might be a great QB one day, but he's never played a game in his career where his team was only a bit better than the other team, let alone WORSE. He's in for a rude awakening playing with an offensive line that won't buy him two minutes, and against CBs that can actually get within two feet of his WRs. He wasn't even the most NFL-ready QB in his class.

Anquan Boldin currently holds the NFL record for average receptions per game. His pro-rated numbers from every season of his career would be:101/1377/890/997/2 (playing injured)117/1602/8You know what the most amazing part is? He's played 40 games, and only ONCE has he gotten fewer than 3 receptions. He has 5 or more catches in a ridiculous SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT of the games he's played. He has 7 or more catches FIFTY PERCENT of the time. Un-be-freaking-lievable.
good post...fitz has NFL record for most receptions first two years...boldin for first three years (fitz likely breaks it, due to boldin's missed games from knee)...best duo since moss & carter* SLIGHT edge to fitz as more dangerous red zone threat (& boldin's aforementioned knee issue)... but it is close as boldin has superior RAC chops, & in PPR leagues averages more receptions on per game basis...

He'll have a tough time duplicating Roethlisberger's personal or team numbers.
Roethlisberger's personal numbers were not that great. His team numbers were. Leinheart has Fitz, Boldin, and EDGE......he would destroy Roethlisbergers ##'s
He has a 98.3 QB rating after two seasons in the NFL! By comparison the great Peyton Manning's career rating is 93.5.I'm not going to hijack the thread but compare Roethlisberger at age 22-23 to any QB in recent history. He didn't have the attempts or TDs that Marino had but his Completion %, Yards per Attempt, and winning % and postseason resume are all better.

Anquan Boldin currently holds the NFL record for average receptions per game. His pro-rated numbers from every season of his career would be:101/1377/890/997/2 (playing injured)117/1602/8You know what the most amazing part is? He's played 40 games, and only ONCE has he gotten fewer than 3 receptions. He has 5 or more catches in a ridiculous SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT of the games he's played. He has 7 or more catches FIFTY PERCENT of the time. Un-be-freaking-lievable.
good post...fitz has NFL record for most receptions first two years...boldin for first three years (fitz likely breaks it, due to boldin's missed games from knee)...best duo since moss & carter
and much, much, much, much, much, much, much less annoying.

Oh please. Leinart played on the most overstacked team in one of the most understacked conferences in the nation. He might be a great QB one day, but he's never played a game in his career where his team was only a bit better than the other team, let alone WORSE. He's in for a rude awakening playing with an offensive line that won't buy him two minutes, and against CBs that can actually get within two feet of his WRs. He wasn't even the most NFL-ready QB in his class.
I hear what you're saying, but remember for the purposes of this discussion all he has to be is as good as Josh McCown - I think he is, perhaps you disagree?

Both are great WRs and make up arguably the best tandem in the league (rivaled only by Indy, both above Cincy).

Boldin gets more targets than Fitz virtually every time they both play.

However, Boldin gets hurt more.

Given their productions, I'd have them close to equal over the 16-game season. However, on a particular game or short streak of games, I'd give Boldin an edge in PPR leagues, but Fitz an edge in TD leagues.

It really is an argument over Coke and Pepsi. Most like both, but to choose one over the other is a personal preference.

I hear what you're saying, but remember for the purposes of this discussion all he has to be is as good as Josh McCown - I think he is, perhaps you disagree?
No, I don't really disagree. Boldin and Fitz should still get theirs with Leinart behind center. I was just arguing the claim that Leinart was going to be the most stellar rookie QB of recent years.

I'll take Boldin over Fitz. The numbers will probably be close enough that it may be a toss up, but watching Boldin play is a blast. No one plays the game with more heart and determination than Boldin. Every time he catches the ball it's like he's hell bent on scoring. He's the guy on the field that no one wants to try to tackle. I want him on my team.

I'll take Boldin over Fitz. The numbers will probably be close enough that it may be a toss up, but watching Boldin play is a blast. No one plays the game with more heart and determination than Boldin. Every time he catches the ball it's like he's hell bent on scoring. He's the guy on the field that no one wants to try to tackle. I want him on my team.
:thumbup:

props to frank coyle for making a strong call on fitz in 2004 draft guide...

i realize a lot of scouts were high on fitz, but we grabbed him in inaugural dynasty draft right after michael clayton & before reggie wayne before his breakout second season, because something coyle said stuck in my memory...

that fitz was best WR prospect in a decade since randy moss... that is looking prescient now, but wasn't so obvious even as recently as just this time last year...

props to frank coyle for making a strong call on fitz in 2004 draft guide...i realize a lot of scouts were high on fitz, but we grabbed him in inaugural dynasty draft right after michael clayton & before reggie wayne before his breakout second season, because something coyle said stuck in my memory...that fitz was best WR prospect in a decade since randy moss... that is looking prescient now, but wasn't so obvious even as recently as just this time last year...
LOL! I called Boldin before his rookie season. That's a FAR BETTER call than Coyle's, as EVERYONE KNEW Fitz was going to be great.

In 14 games last year, Boldin gave us 102 1402 7 In 16 games last year, Fitzgerald was 103 1409 10
Welcome to this year. :cool: Fitz will clearly be the better WR this year. Boldin will get nicked up and even if he doesn't, Fitz is IMOI clearly more talented (not that Boldin is exactly a slouch) and he will be "1B" this year at most.

props to frank coyle for making a strong call on fitz in 2004 draft guide...i realize a lot of scouts were high on fitz, but we grabbed him in inaugural dynasty draft right after michael clayton & before reggie wayne before his breakout second season, because something coyle said stuck in my memory...that fitz was best WR prospect in a decade since randy moss... that is looking prescient now, but wasn't so obvious even as recently as just this time last year...
LOL! I called Boldin before his rookie season. That's a FAR BETTER call than Coyle's, as EVERYONE KNEW Fitz was going to be great.
:goodposting: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

:link:

I'm sure someone will post it. It's legendary around here.

i realize a lot of scouts were high on fitz, but we grabbed him in inaugural dynasty draft right after michael clayton & before reggie wayne before his breakout second season, because something coyle said stuck in my memory...

that fitz was best WR prospect in a decade since randy moss... that is looking prescient now, but wasn't so obvious even as recently as just this time last year...
Well, it's a common known fact. But since you insist here it is. :rolleyes:

Belongs in the FBG HOF. :thumbup:

WOW - that is impressive.........I am new to the board so I've never seen that thread....

Users who are viewing this thread