What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you bench Brady today? (2 Viewers)

The fact that you would even consider for a moment that a nor'easter could take on the greatest QB of all time means you don't deserve his services.

Go with Warner, and may God have mercy on your soul.

looking out my window its freezing rain & the wind is blowing the snow all over the street & I'm starting him over Anderson. The Patriots will still throw the ball.

I am predicting Brady worst "stat" game of the year today only because of the conditions..they are miserable!!

Remember this comment.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect NE will more than likely score somewhere around 40 points today, regardless of weather. This is afterall the 'asterisk' game. Theyve outscored divisional opponents 181-59 this year, or an average of 45-15. Tough to bench a QB when his team is likely to score that many points. Brady may not throw for 400yds, but he'll still put up some solid #s. Warner could get hurt on the first snap of the game.

I have Kurt Warner, do i bench brady today, due to the terrible weather?
I have Brady and Warner too and am going with Brady today. Don't overthink it. Go with the guy that got you to this point and hope for the best. If Brady goes off and you don't have him in your lineup you'll be kicking yourself all off-season.

I'm not, but I have a week 15 bye. :gang2:

Didn't the same topic come up about Westbrook last week? You just don't bench these guys.

This information was published in the Boston Herald this week about Tom Brady. The receiving core that he has now is better than the previous editions.

The Pats are 9-0 all-time in snow games in Foxboro. Here’s a look at their history in the white stuff, including quarterback Tom Brady [stats]’s performances in those wins:

# Dec. 4, 2005 - 16-3 win over the Jets

Brady: 27-for-37, 271 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

# Jan. 16, 2005 - 20-3 playoff win over the Colts

18-for-27, 144 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs

# Jan. 18, 2004 - 24-14 playoff win over the Colts

22-for-37, 237 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

# Dec. 14, 2003 - 27-13 win over the Jaguars

22-for-34 att, 228 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

# Dec. 7, 2003 - 12-0 win over the Dolphins

16-for-31, 163 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

# Jan. 19, 2002 - 16-13 overtime playoff win over the Raiders

32-for-52, 312 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

# Dec. 4, 1983 - 7-0 win over the Saints

# Dec. 12, 1982 - 3-0 win over the Dolphins

# Dec. 10, 1978 - 26-24 win over the Bills

I usually follow the "never bench your studs" theory as well, but come on guys, there is a point where you can't go that route. The weather is horrid and very windy. I'm benching Brady for Favre who is in a dome today. 1st round of playoffs, can't afford a dud game from my QB..

I have Brady and Warner too and am going with Brady today. Don't overthink it. Go with the guy that got you to this point and hope for the best. If Brady goes off and you don't have him in your lineup you'll be kicking yourself all off-season.
And if you go with him and he goes for 125 yards and 1 TD you'll be kicking yourself for not going with Warner if it costs you a loss..

Wow, did you guys see the snow scene on the field at Foxboro? No doubt I'm benching him now..That's BAD

Wow, you guys are nuts if you start Brady over another viable option. Favre in a warm comfy dome for me... :)

Wow, did you guys see the snow scene on the field at Foxboro? No doubt I'm benching him now..That's BAD
!I'm sticking with the "girl" that got me to the dance. Here I am at the big dance with miss Brady and I see that Warner chick in the corner has a slinky red dress on and she is very tempting, but I heard he-she might have some injury baggage or disease or something and his Mom (brenda) scares me! Stick with Miss Brady and don't look back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know that they are not playing right now? Did you also know that a slippery field will hurt DB's more than it will receivers?
Newsflash dude, WR's make cuts too..I suppose the ball is going to fly straight as an arrow in 45 mph gusts as well too huh and not be slick at all?..Good luck with Brady..

Same here - I thought just for a second about going with Warner over Brady and I remembered something... I am not as smart as I think I am.

"SHADY BRADY"! Does anyone think Tom Brady hasnt heard this? And did anyone ever hear of this before the last Jets game? Its been a mission season for Brady. Id expect little relent on this day.

Did you know that they are not playing right now? Did you also know that a slippery field will hurt DB's more than it will receivers?
I forget who it was that said this, might have been TJ Whosyourmama, but anyway, someone interviewing a player this year asked them who a bad field helps more. The reply from the player was that it depends on the coverage and the route being run. Some plays it favors the receiver, other times it favors the DB.

Wow I have the same issue kind of, I have Brady and Warner and am not sure which way to go..

But because of the format of the league I am in, I am also playing against Brady at the same time...

If we both play Brady the QB position will be a wash which is not a bad thing except for the fact that he has Jamal Lewis as one of his RBs and because of the weather Lewis is expected to have a monster game... I have Chris Brown and MJD starting at RB...

If I play Warner instead of Brady, Warner might get me more points to offset Lewis somewhat...

This makes my head hurt...

:football:

I am against Brady in one league and can only hope he would be foolish enough to bench Brady.

Never bench your studs! Brady is leading the league this year in points in all of my leagues. I assume he is doing that in other leagues as well. Nobody in their right mind should bench Brady IMO.

:shock: I am against Brady in one league and can only hope he would be foolish enough to bench Brady. Never bench your studs! Brady is leading the league this year in points in all of my leagues. I assume he is doing that in other leagues as well. Nobody in their right mind should bench Brady IMO.
True, but he did not accumulate those stats in conditions like you will see today.

:shock: I am against Brady in one league and can only hope he would be foolish enough to bench Brady. Never bench your studs! Brady is leading the league this year in points in all of my leagues. I assume he is doing that in other leagues as well. Nobody in their right mind should bench Brady IMO.
True, but he did not accumulate those stats in conditions like you will see today.
I agree. But with the talent of that offense, a mediocre game in poor conditions is still much better than any other QB IMO.

In Brady's 2 'off' games this year, he had 380yds and 1TD vs Philly and 257yds and 2TDs vs Baltimore. Regardless of the scoring system, Id take those worst case #s with the upside possibility of Brady lighting up the Jets all day.

In Brady's 2 'off' games this year, he had 380yds and 1TD vs Philly and 257yds and 2TDs vs Baltimore. Regardless of the scoring system, Id take those worst case #s with the upside possibility of Brady lighting up the Jets all day.
I am playing against Brady in two leages this week. I hope the owners of these teams decide to bench him, but if they dont, i would love to see Brady "only" throw for 300 and 2 TD's. Before learning the weather, i figured him for 400 and 7, and no, i am not being sarcastic.

those two off games weren't in a sleet/snow/rain/wind storm either. This is the toughest decision I've faced all year. Brady, or Favre in a warm comfy dome where he should put up above average numbers..

I am playing against Brady in two leages this week. I hope the owners of these teams decide to bench him, but if they dont, i would love to see Brady "only" throw for 300 and 2 TD's. Before learning the weather, i figured him for 400 and 7, and no, i am not being sarcastic.
I had him for 500 and 8.

those two off games weren't in a sleet/snow/rain/wind storm either. This is the toughest decision I've faced all year. Brady, or Favre in a warm comfy dome where he should put up above average numbers..
Youve got the toughest choice of anyone Ive seen here. And you seem to be a Favre fan, so that only magnifies your dilmena. And I completely understand your logic. But bottom line, you just go with your gut. I dont think the weather is going to be as much of a factor as is expected. It looks like the worst of it is gone.

Youve got the toughest choice of anyone Ive seen here. And you seem to be a Favre fan, so that only magnifies your dilmena. And I completely understand your logic. But bottom line, you just go with your gut. I dont think the weather is going to be as much of a factor as is expected. It looks like the worst of it is gone.
Yeah being a homer doesn't help, but at the same time I dont want to miss out on Brady tossing 6-7 TD passes either. Your right, I just have to go with my gut and make a choice, after all it's just a game right? :rolleyes:

Just heard on ESPN that the field is completely dry. Why so worried? Yeah, there will be wind and light rain, but don't think it will hamper Brady much.

Yeah being a homer doesn't help, but at the same time I dont want to miss out on Brady tossing 6-7 TD passes either. Your right, I just have to go with my gut and make a choice, after all it's just a game right? :confused:
Not a Pats homer , Steelers fan here. Its not as bad as reported,I'm going Brady over Anderson. That said hedging with Favre isnt a terrible option. No way I'd go Warner over Brady but Favre against SL would make me think long & hard. Good luck.

Just heard on ESPN that the field is completely dry. Why so worried? Yeah, there will be wind and light rain, but don't think it will hamper Brady much.
She also said the wind is expected to pick up at gametime with gusts over 30 mph..

Users who are viewing this thread