What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (5 Viewers)

def2noiz said:
Hey Jeff, Last minute check on your thoughts about these guys.Clark or Scheffler~Clark has tapered off these last few weeks, but has a great matchup vs Texans. Last time he played the Texans went 4/58 1TD. Problem I have is Dungy talking about some rest for starters and the emergance of Gonzalez.(Who I also have and might start). Utech practiced this week too, so his shoulder problem won't hold him out.Scheffler also has a great matchup. Last time he played the Chargers he went 3/66 2TD's, GREAT numbers for a TE.Galloway or Gonzalez~Galloway is a stud receiver and is going up against SF this week. Have they some how figured out how to play football? Last time they met up he went 8/149 and a TD.Gonzalez is a great emerging WR and is clicking with Manning. I don't think he will sit with the other starters because Harrison should be back for the playoffs. Last time they met up Harrison was still playing, but neither one got a TD.Thanks!!
I think I would start Scheffler (but it is VERY close) and Gonzo. Gonzo has been on fire lately and would prob see action if they rested Wayne since Harrison is expected back for playoffs.

Down a good bit after last night, I'm revisiting my line-up. My basic dilemma is Lynch vs NYG, Galloway at SF, or Boldin vs ATL. I intended to go Lynch, but now it looks like I might need a home-run. I'm worried about Galloway because he laid an egg last week and the Bucs have nothing to play for. Boldin has put up several stinkers this year and still has that toe injury, but played well last week. Lynch is obviously healthy with 20 carries in each of the last two games, but isn't seeing any passes with Jackson getting third down work.

1pt/10 yards rush/rec, PPR all positions, 6pt TDs

I feel like Lynch is the best bet to ensure I get some points and even has a good chance to post a big game. However, Galloway and Boldin have the ability to put up 30+. What do you think the right play is here?

valhallan said:
Down a good bit after last night, I'm revisiting my line-up. My basic dilemma is Lynch vs NYG, Galloway at SF, or Boldin vs ATL. I intended to go Lynch, but now it looks like I might need a home-run. I'm worried about Galloway because he laid an egg last week and the Bucs have nothing to play for. Boldin has put up several stinkers this year and still has that toe injury, but played well last week. Lynch is obviously healthy with 20 carries in each of the last two games, but isn't seeing any passes with Jackson getting third down work.

I feel like Lynch is the best bet to ensure I get some points and even has a good chance to post a big game. However, Galloway and Boldin have the ability to put up 30+. What do you think the right play is here?
hey, sorry I was not around this morning. Hope you can come back ....

valhallan said:

hey, sorry I was not around this morning. Hope you can come back ....
No worries.. started Boldin :lmao:

7 player keeper league, 10 teams, standard scoring with all TD's 6 points even for QB's & no PPR.

My keepers as of now

Hasselbeck, R. Brown, Westbrook, J. Lewis, T. Jones, R. Moss, S. Smith.

I have the #2 & #10 picks in the 2008 draft.

Should I offer this trade Lewis & Cotchery and the #10pick for McGahee. Do you think he would go for this trade. He told me he was interested in Cotchery and wanted to move either Portis or McGahee. The #2 pick is his from a earlier trade. I drafted Cotchery at 1.09 this year, just to let you know what will be out there for players in the draft. So the ten in not worth alot do you think I will need to up the pick ot the #2 position or do you think that is to much.

Packers4ever said:
7 player keeper league, 10 teams, standard scoring with all TD's 6 points even for QB's & no PPR.My keepers as of nowHasselbeck, R. Brown, Westbrook, J. Lewis, T. Jones, R. Moss, S. Smith.I have the #2 & #10 picks in the 2008 draft.Should I offer this trade Lewis & Cotchery and the #10pick for McGahee. Do you think he would go for this trade. He told me he was interested in Cotchery and wanted to move either Portis or McGahee. The #2 pick is his from a earlier trade. I drafted Cotchery at 1.09 this year, just to let you know what will be out there for players in the draft. So the ten in not worth alot do you think I will need to up the pick ot the #2 position or do you think that is to much.
I like the deal if it includes the 10 pick. No way would I include the 2. If you pass on the deal, you might consider keeping Cotch instead of TJones.

Jeff, thanks for your help in the past.

In a 14 team, start 2 RB, 2WR, 2 flex league, we are transitioning from 0.5 PPR next year to a full PPR in the following year.

I've been blessed with a great team (but alas, a first round playoff loss). Planning towards next year:

We can keep 4.

QB: Roethlisberger, (TDs at 6 points, 1pt/20yds)

RB: LT, LJ, Portis, Norwood, Turner, MBush, Irons (TDs at 6 points, 1pt/10yds)

WR: Fitz, Calvin, Evans (TDs at 6 points, 1pt/10yds)

Who do I keep? Who do I trade? I don't need to set keepers until just before the season starts, but wanted to start dealing excess talent sooner.

First thoughts are to keep LT, LJ, Fitz and either Calvin or Portis. Hard to drop Roeth, and who knows how Turner, Norwood, MBush or Irons might look next year.

So who do I keep?

Who should I trade (who can I get good value for)?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jeff, thanks for your help in the past.In a 14 team, start 2 RB, 2WR, 2 flex league, we are transitioning from 0.5 PPR next year to a full PPR in the following year.I've been blessed with a great team (but alas, a first round playoff loss). Planning towards next year:We can keep 4. QB: Roethlisberger, (TDs at 6 points, 1pt/20yds)RB: LT, LJ, Portis, Norwood, Turner, MBush, Irons (TDs at 6 points, 1pt/10yds)WR: Fitz, Calvin, Evans (TDs at 6 points, 1pt/10yds)Who do I keep? Who do I trade? I don't need to set keepers until just before the season starts, but wanted to start dealing excess talent sooner.First thoughts are to keep LT, LJ, Fitz and either Calvin or Portis. Hard to drop Roeth, and who knows how Turner, Norwood, MBush or Irons might look next year.So who do I keep?Who should I trade (who can I get good value for)?Thanks for your thoughts.
You do have a great team. This is just me, but I do not like keeping QBs, but a 14-team league means QBs are more valuable. I would only keep one WR (Fitz) because you only have to start two. Since you can wait to see where Turner lands, I would consider keeping Portis (who looks a step slower than in past), Turner or Ben. I would look to trade the WRs and even Norwood if you can kind a taker. Bush and Irons are way to risky to keep. Trade if you get a chance. If I had to choose today, it would be a close call between Portis and Ben. With just 56 players kept, hard to take risks. I probably would keep Ben just because he does not hurt you and you can then wait on QB (backup) until late. For WR2, I always think you can find cheap options. The ability to start four RBs makes it tough to not keep Portis, but I think I would go with Ben if the cut down was today. Much can happen in hte meantime. I do think there is a chance that Portis plays in another city next season. The good news is that your RBs and WRs are very in a big league.

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for all the help this year. Unfortunately I lost (barely) week 15 in the semifinals because Romo did zip.

or because KJ did zip (thanks Martz) or LT leaving early (Sorry i am extremely bummed out, if only i had had the foresight to play Fred Taylor against PIT).

Anyway I am still in line for high overall point total and want to make

sure I can at least hold onto that (better than nothing)

Especially this week where a lot of my guys are at risk for sitting part/most/or all of their games.

Also any weather concerns.

Scoring: rb/wr/te 1 point/20yds (goes up to 2 per 20 at 100 yds) NO PPR

6 pts all td's (except: 9pts for non normal td ie qb rush, rb catch/throw, wr run/throw)

QB (start 1)

Romo @ Was (PT??)

Brad Johnson @ Was

Todd Collins v DAL (leaning towards Collins due to questions of playing time for the other two)

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson @ OAK ***

Kevin Jones (OUT)

Fred Taylor @ HOU (PT??)

Chester Taylor @ DEN

Gado v CIN

WR (start 2)

Wayne v TEN (PT??)

Marshall v MIN (probably the best start of the WR)

Holmes @ BAL (PT??, Roethlisberger playing??)

C. Henry @ MIA

K. Curtis v BUF

R White v SEA

TE (start 1)

D. Lee @ STL

(START 1 FLEX rb/wr/te also)

K

Elam v MIN

J Brown @ ATL

D/Special Teams (start 1)

Packers v DET

(D - 1 pt per: fumble,INT,sack, 6 pts per TD, -3 30 pts allowed, -6 40pts allowed, -12 50pts allowed.)

Thanks in advance again (and as usual) for any and all help/advice you can give me!!!

Its been great all year and greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jeff,

Thanks for all the help this year. Unfortunately I lost (barely) week 15 in the semifinals because Romo did zip.

or because KJ did zip (thanks Martz) or LT leaving early (Sorry i am extremely bummed out, if only i had had the foresight to play Fred Taylor against PIT).

Anyway I am still in line for high overall point total and want to make

sure I can at least hold onto that (better than nothing)

Especially this week where a lot of my guys are at risk for sitting part/most/or all of their games.

Also any weather concerns.

Scoring: rb/wr/te 1 point/20yds (goes up to 2 per 20 at 100 yds) NO PPR

6 pts all td's (except: 9pts for non normal td ie qb rush, rb catch/throw, wr run/throw)

QB (start 1)

Romo @ Was (PT??)

Brad Johnson @ Was

Todd Collins v DAL (leaning towards Collins due to questions of playing time for the other two)

I like Collins here as well

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson @ OAK ***

Kevin Jones (OUT)

Fred Taylor @ HOU (PT??)

Chester Taylor @ DEN

Gado v CIN

I do not know how much LT will play, but I would start he and Chester. I do not think Fred is playing this week.

WR (start 2)

Wayne v TEN (PT??)

Marshall v MIN (probably the best start of the WR)

Holmes @ BAL (PT??, Roethlisberger playing??)

C. Henry @ MIA

K. Curtis v BUF

R White v SEA

Marshall and ??? I would think Wayne is too risky and I would avoid Holmes. Henry, Curtis and White are all good options. I think I would go with Curtis here and WHite as the Flex.

TE (start 1)

D. Lee @ STL

(START 1 FLEX rb/wr/te also)

K

Elam v MIN

J Brown @ ATL

I read where Elam was nicked and will only do kicks. I think I would go with Brown in the dome against a bad defense.

D/Special Teams (start 1)

Packers v DET

(D - 1 pt per: fumble,INT,sack, 6 pts per TD, -3 30 pts allowed, -6 40pts allowed, -12 50pts allowed.)

Thanks in advance again (and as usual) for any and all help/advice you can give me!!!

Its been great all year and greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Its wacky Week 17 and I have to post a wacky roster after losing TO and FWP.

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 D

1 pt per 10yd rush/receive/pass

10 pt per td rush/receive

5 pt per td pass

worried about playing time of Najeh and the BALT defense. Should I put Pierre in? Is Musa Smith viable with Ogden out? Chester Taylor hasn't done much of anything since AD has come back. Could pick up Brandon Jackson I suppose...?

also worried about CalvinJ's lack of production. Is James Jones a sneaky play? or will 3rd stringer Nall not throw much?

ROSTER:

Player Opp.

Anderson, Derek QB CLE SF Sun 1:00pm

Davenport, Najeh RB PIT @BAL Sun 4:15pm

Smith, Kolby RB KC @NYJ Sun 4:15pm

Boldin, Anquan WR ARI STL Sun 4:15pm

Johnson, Calvin WR DET @GB Sun 1:00pm

Witten, Jason TE DAL @WAS Sun 4:15pm

Rackers, Neil K ARI STL Sun 4:15pm

Vikings, DST DST MIN @DEN Sun 4:15pm

Roethlisberger, Ben QB PIT @BAL Sun 4:15pm

Smith, Musa RB BAL PIT Sun 4:15pm

Taylor, Chester RB MIN @DEN Sun 4:15pm

Thomas, Pierre RB NO @CHI Sun 1:00pm

Jennings, Greg WR GB DET Sun 1:00pm

Jones, James WR GB DET Sun 1:00pm

I am leaning towards Najeh unless I hear that he is not going to play more than a half then I am thinking Pierre. Kolby Smith seems to be a "lock" or at least as much a lock as I can consider him to be.

Right now, I am leaning towards Calvin Johnson since he seems to be assured of playing the whole game.

Thoughts? Thank you again.

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Its wacky Week 17 and I have to post a wacky roster after losing TO and FWP.

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 D

1 pt per 10yd rush/receive/pass

10 pt per td rush/receive

5 pt per td pass

worried about playing time of Najeh and the BALT defense. Should I put Pierre in? Is Musa Smith viable with Ogden out? Chester Taylor hasn't done much of anything since AD has come back. Could pick up Brandon Jackson I suppose...?

also worried about CalvinJ's lack of production. Is James Jones a sneaky play? or will 3rd stringer Nall not throw much?

ROSTER:

Player Opp.

Anderson, Derek QB CLE SF Sun 1:00pm

Davenport, Najeh RB PIT @BAL Sun 4:15pm

Smith, Kolby RB KC @NYJ Sun 4:15pm

Boldin, Anquan WR ARI STL Sun 4:15pm

Johnson, Calvin WR DET @GB Sun 1:00pm

Witten, Jason TE DAL @WAS Sun 4:15pm

Rackers, Neil K ARI STL Sun 4:15pm

Vikings, DST DST MIN @DEN Sun 4:15pm

Roethlisberger, Ben QB PIT @BAL Sun 4:15pm

Smith, Musa RB BAL PIT Sun 4:15pm

Taylor, Chester RB MIN @DEN Sun 4:15pm

Thomas, Pierre RB NO @CHI Sun 1:00pm

Jennings, Greg WR GB DET Sun 1:00pm

Jones, James WR GB DET Sun 1:00pm

I am leaning towards Najeh unless I hear that he is not going to play more than a half then I am thinking Pierre. Kolby Smith seems to be a "lock" or at least as much a lock as I can consider him to be.

Right now, I am leaning towards Calvin Johnson since he seems to be assured of playing the whole game.

Thoughts? Thank you again.
I agree with your choices. The only one I would think about is Jennings versus Calvin. No one could fault you either way. Also, one positive for Calvin is that he should play a lot and this could be Martz' last game in Detroit. If so, he will want to make it a huge game. Good luck.

Hey Jeff,

Ok, here is my question, and I must admit, it is a toughie. When are you planning on updating your dynasty rankings in 'Forecast'?? :)

Hey Jeff,Ok, here is my question, and I must admit, it is a toughie. When are you planning on updating your dynasty rankings in 'Forecast'?? :thumbdown:
I hope to update them soon. But, it might be late into the NFL playoffs. I am around so let me know if you have any specific questions.

PPR Dynasty, start 2RB/4WR or 3RB/3WR.

QB: Hasselbeck, Garrard, Kolb

RB: Parker, Portis, Rudi, CBrown, Betts, Davenport, MSmith

WR: CalJohnson, Walker, Ward, SMoss, Rice, Meachem

Here is my question. The Maroney owner wants to try to "sell high" and sent me an offer where I give CJ2 and Rice, and I get Maroney and Stallworth. I declined since we can start 4 WR's.

I also have the 1.3 pick where I should land Stewart/Mendenhall to address my RB's.

Would you do a straight up CJ2 for Maroney deal based on value alone, and then try to deal an RB for a WR later on?

Posted this in the ACF and did not get much response.

This is a 12 team 10 player keeper league......If you had to choose today...which 10 would you keep? Basic scoring no PPR Start 1 Qb 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 1K 1 Def.

J Russell

T Romo

D Culpepper

K Jones

K Irons

R Johnson

M Turner

S Jackson

K Watson

A Randle El

L Fitzgerald

C Johnson

T Holt

M Harrison

L Evans

C Cooley

N Folk

D Jag

PPR Dynasty, start 2RB/4WR or 3RB/3WR.QB: Hasselbeck, Garrard, KolbRB: Parker, Portis, Rudi, CBrown, Betts, Davenport, MSmithWR: CalJohnson, Walker, Ward, SMoss, Rice, MeachemHere is my question. The Maroney owner wants to try to "sell high" and sent me an offer where I give CJ2 and Rice, and I get Maroney and Stallworth. I declined since we can start 4 WR's.I also have the 1.3 pick where I should land Stewart/Mendenhall to address my RB's.Would you do a straight up CJ2 for Maroney deal based on value alone, and then try to deal an RB for a WR later on?
Even with the loss of Martz in Detroit, I would pass. I am a Maroney owner in a PPR dynasty league and I watched how he struggled to get 15 points. I think you would be better off holding Calvin, unless the deal is sweetened.

This is a 12 team 10 player keeper league......If you had to choose today...which 10 would you keep? Basic scoring no PPR Start 1 Qb 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 1K 1 Def.

T Romo

K Jones

M Turner

S Jackson

L Fitzgerald

C Johnson

T Holt

L Evans

C Cooley
For me the above nine are pretty easy. The only hard part will be deciding which Bengal RB to keep. It is close, but I do not think it is worth dropping KJ in order to keep two Bengals. Much will depend on how the Bengals handle the RBs this offseason. Rudi could be gone. K Irons

R Johnson

K Watson

T Romo

K Jones

M Turner

S Jackson

L Fitzgerald

C Johnson

T Holt

L Evans

C Cooley
For me the above nine are pretty easy. The only hard part will be deciding which Bengal RB to keep. It is close, but I do not think it is worth dropping KJ in order to keep two Bengals. Much will depend on how the Bengals handle the RBs this offseason. Rudi could be gone. K Irons

R Johnson

K Watson
Jeff,I agree with the 9. I still like Harrison to come back.....Do you think Harrison is done? KJ and his Injury scare me some too. How much time will he miss next year. This is a league where we can trade. I am trying to trade for B.Jacobs. Any thoughts on what I could give up to get Jacobs(value wise) 2 of 1 kind of deal....the guy who has Jacobs really needs WR's

TIA

Yitbos69 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Yitbos69 said:

T Romo

K Jones

M Turner

S Jackson

L Fitzgerald

C Johnson

T Holt

L Evans

C Cooley

R Johnson

K Watson
Jeff,I agree with the 9. I still like Harrison to come back.....Do you think Harrison is done? KJ and his Injury scare me some too. How much time will he miss next year. This is a league where we can trade. I am trying to trade for B.Jacobs. Any thoughts on what I could give up to get Jacobs(value wise) 2 of 1 kind of deal....the guy who has Jacobs really needs WR's

TIA
I think I would offer him Harrison, Rudi, and Watson for Jacobs. This does not hurt you, but upgrades keepers. I like Jacobs, but he gets enough to not give too much for him.

7 player keeper league, 10 teams, standard scoring with all TD's 6 points even for QB's & no PPR.My keepers as of nowHasselbeck, R. Brown, Westbrook, J. Lewis, T. Jones, R. Moss, S. Smith.I have the #2 & #10 picks in the 2008 draft.Should I offer this trade Lewis & Cotchery and the #10pick for McGahee. Do you think he would go for this trade. He told me he was interested in Cotchery and wanted to move either Portis or McGahee. The #2 pick is his from a earlier trade. I drafted Cotchery at 1.09 this year, just to let you know what will be out there for players in the draft. So the ten in not worth alot do you think I will need to up the pick ot the #2 position or do you think that is to much.
I like the deal if it includes the 10 pick. No way would I include the 2. If you pass on the deal, you might consider keeping Cotch instead of TJones.
He countered with Lewis , 1.02 & 1.10 for McGahee I don't think I will take this deal but wanted to know what you think of it.Starting lineup 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex(RB, WR, or TE)

TIA Jeff,

PPR Dynasty: 2RB, 3WR, Flex

QB: McNabb, Kitna, Garcia

RB: Parker, Portis, Brown, Booker, Chatman, Walker

WR: Burress, Cotchery, SMoss, MaClayton, D-Jax, JacJones, V-Jax

TE: Gates

Rookie Picks: 1.3, 1.9

As you can see, my WR situation is not the best. I am trying to decide what to do this offseason trade-wise. I am currently in talks with an owner to GIVE: FWP, GET: Roy Williams, Caddy, Graham. Is this worth giving a stud like FWP for a question mark in TB and the inconsistency of Roy Williams?

I can easily use the 1.3 to pick up Stewart or Mendenhall to address the gap left at RB3 after a trade.

I may be losing in value giving a guy like FWP or Brown for a WR, but it seems like a smart move on my end. Thoughs?

He countered with Lewis , 1.02 & 1.10 for McGahee I don't think I will take this deal but wanted to know what you think of it.Starting lineup 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex(RB, WR, or TE)
I do not like it either ..... who knows what the Ravens will look like in 2008 with all new coaches on a rebuilding team

TIA Jeff,PPR Dynasty: 2RB, 3WR, FlexQB: McNabb, Kitna, GarciaRB: Parker, Portis, Brown, Booker, Chatman, WalkerWR: Burress, Cotchery, SMoss, MaClayton, D-Jax, JacJones, V-JaxTE: GatesRookie Picks: 1.3, 1.9As you can see, my WR situation is not the best. I am trying to decide what to do this offseason trade-wise. I am currently in talks with an owner to GIVE: FWP, GET: Roy Williams, Caddy, Graham. Is this worth giving a stud like FWP for a question mark in TB and the inconsistency of Roy Williams?I can easily use the 1.3 to pick up Stewart or Mendenhall to address the gap left at RB3 after a trade.I may be losing in value giving a guy like FWP or Brown for a WR, but it seems like a smart move on my end. Thoughs?
I think I would hold pat for now. Trading Parker at this time (same with Brown) is probably selling low. I really like the future with Plax and Cotch. Only have to worry about WR3. Santana and Clayton will suffice if you cannot find a cheap WR. If Martz is out in Detroit, I would not pay much for Roy.

TIA Jeff,PPR Dynasty: 2RB, 3WR, FlexQB: McNabb, Kitna, GarciaRB: Parker, Portis, Brown, Booker, Chatman, WalkerWR: Burress, Cotchery, SMoss, MaClayton, D-Jax, JacJones, V-JaxTE: GatesRookie Picks: 1.3, 1.9As you can see, my WR situation is not the best. I am trying to decide what to do this offseason trade-wise. I am currently in talks with an owner to GIVE: FWP, GET: Roy Williams, Caddy, Graham. Is this worth giving a stud like FWP for a question mark in TB and the inconsistency of Roy Williams?I can easily use the 1.3 to pick up Stewart or Mendenhall to address the gap left at RB3 after a trade.I may be losing in value giving a guy like FWP or Brown for a WR, but it seems like a smart move on my end. Thoughs?
I think I would hold pat for now. Trading Parker at this time (same with Brown) is probably selling low. I really like the future with Plax and Cotch. Only have to worry about WR3. Santana and Clayton will suffice if you cannot find a cheap WR. If Martz is out in Detroit, I would not pay much for Roy.
Holding all else equal, no other deals before the rook draft, would you likely go with one of the WR's with the 1.9?

Holding all else equal, no other deals before the rook draft, would you likely go with one of the WR's with the 1.9?
I think it is a consideration. But, also, when the draft rolls around, you should be able to trade the pick for a top 20 WR like Jennings or Holmes. Pick will be worth the most closer to your draft.

What do you think Jeff?:

Dynasty, Non PPR, TD=6pts, 10yds rush/rec=1pts, fumble=-1.

The owner of R. Bush is not happy, he also has the #2 rookie pick. He doesn't want either and is very eager to trade.

I know I can trade Rudi to him for the #2 rookie pick, but I can also get R. Bush if I put in Westbrook.

I want to do one of these deals before the hype machine really begins to pickup on Stewart whom I'll be targeting at the #2 spot.

My other starting running back is LT

What do you think Jeff?:Dynasty, Non PPR, TD=6pts, 10yds rush/rec=1pts, fumble=-1.The owner of R. Bush is not happy, he also has the #2 rookie pick. He doesn't want either and is very eager to trade. I know I can trade Rudi to him for the #2 rookie pick, but I can also get R. Bush if I put in Westbrook.I want to do one of these deals before the hype machine really begins to pickup on Stewart whom I'll be targeting at the #2 spot.My other starting running back is LT
I would keep Westbrook as a great RB2 and gladly trade Rudi for the 1.02. Maybe it is just me, but I am not a fan of Bush for next year with Deuce back and Pierre playing well (also getting another offseason to progress). Bush will have troubles finding the endzone. Also, I would trade Rudi as fast as possible. Who knows where he will be or what the situation will look like. Good luck.

PPR Dynasty, QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE

QB: Hass, Favre, Delhomme

RB: LT, FWP, Portis, Betts, SA, Jordan, Hall

WR: Housh, Plax, Branch, Coles, D-Jax, Meachem, BJohnson

TE: Watson, LSmith

Am I losing on value too much if I move FWP for an early 1st (1.2-1.4) and a top 10 dynasty WR? 1st can get me a RB, and I bolster my WR core.

Hi Jeff, We are considering converting one of our league to keeper or dynasty? Where can I go to learn more about dynasty, since I've always played in redraft leagues.

PPR Dynasty, QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TEQB: Hass, Favre, DelhommeRB: LT, FWP, Portis, Betts, SA, Jordan, HallWR: Housh, Plax, Branch, Coles, D-Jax, Meachem, BJohnsonTE: Watson, LSmithAm I losing on value too much if I move FWP for an early 1st (1.2-1.4) and a top 10 dynasty WR? 1st can get me a RB, and I bolster my WR core.
Sorry, I was out of town this past weekend and just got in. I like the deal for you, depending on the pick and the WR. If you can get the 1.02 or 1.03 (the 2 especially) and a good young wr, I like the deal.

Hi Jeff, We are considering converting one of our league to keeper or dynasty? Where can I go to learn more about dynasty, since I've always played in redraft leagues.
Hey, you can ask me anything. Also, soon all of the FBG dynasty material will be free. Dynasty is keeping all of your players from year to year and keeper is just keeping some. Each version of keeper and dynasty has different ways to take advantage with good strategy. Whichever way the league goes, let me know and I will try to help.

I do not like it either ..... who knows what the Ravens will look like in 2008 with all new coaches on a rebuilding team
Heres another trade in this league that someone has offered me. Addia for WestbrookI have not made any of the above trades so my keepers are still the same other then maybe cotch instead of Jones might be able to trade Jones for a 2nd round pick.I like Westbrook better then Addia for the next few years but I know Westbrook does not have that many more years so do I trade him know to get younger and do you think I should be able to get more for him.

Hi Jeff - how's it going? 2 Trade question for you. 16 team dynasty 1 pt per 10 yds receiving/rushing

1 pt ppr ,bonus for 100 yd games. 6pts short TD - 8pts for over 40 yd TD. On the defense side

sacks 5, tackles 2, assists 1, interceptions 5, pd 1.5, FF 3, FR3

I am trying to acquire A Gonzalez and Greg White - I offered Chris Henry and Mike Walker for them

Is that a fair trade? Am I giving too much?

I was also offered 2.01 rookie pick and D'Angelo Williams and Tony Schaeffer for Reggie Bush ( TE's score dbl and you can start 2 TE's. (I only have a 5th round pick) Is Schaeffer going to continue to be a force in Denver ? Will Williams prevail or is he still going to be in a RBBC. Not enough for Bush. - The team I have right now got me the number 1 seed going into the playoffs (got knocked off by a very strong #5 seed team.

Would appreciate your thoughts Jeff! And any others who are interested in responding

My team

Jackson, Tarvaris MIN QB 155.55 5 -

Palmer, Carson CIN QB 288.50 5 -

Bell, Tatum DET RB 35.50 6 -

Bush, Reggie NOS RB 172.30 4 -

Grant, Ryan GBP RB 187.60 7 FA

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB ® 55.70 7 -

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB ® 67.80 4 -

Watson, Kenny CIN RB 181.60 5 -

Wynn, DeShawn GBP RB ® (I) 58.10 7 -

Aromashodu, Devin IND WR 16.60 6 FA

Davis, Andre' HOU WR 133.30 10 FA

Hagan, Derek MIA WR 80.30 9 -

Henry, Chris CIN WR 69.30 5 -

Jennings, Greg GBP WR 233.00 7 -

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR 292.20 6 -

Robinson, Koren GBP WR 51.60 7 -

Stuckey, Chansi NYJ WR ® (I) - 10 -

Walker, Mike JAC WR ® (I) - 4 -

Williams, Roydell TEN WR (O *) 156.90 4 -

King, Jeff CAR TE 123.60 7 -

Martin, David MIA TE 95.30 9 -

Miller, Billy NOS TE 87.30 4 FA

Scaife, Bo TEN TE (I) 115.10 4 -

Bironas, Rob TEN PK 156.80 4 -

Brown, Kris HOU PK 133.70 10 -

Prater, Matt DEN PK 2.50 6 FA

Brock, Raheem IND DT 95.45 6 -

Glover, La' roi STL DT 128.90 9 -

Peko, Domata CIN DT 120.35 5 -

Pouha, Sione NYJ DT 94.50 10 49.04

Rogers, Shaun DET DT 161.10 6 -

Clemons, Chris OAK DE 79.90 5 FA

Coleman, Kenyon NYJ DE 147.30 10 -

Johnson, Charles CAR DE ® 3.00 7 -

McBride, Turk KCC DE ® 31.50 8 5th

Olshansky, Igor SDC DE 116.05 7 49.05

Vanden Bosch, Kyle TEN DE 193.60 4 -

Harris, David NYJ LB ® 206.45 10 -

Harrison, James PIT LB 219.70 6 -

Keiaho, Freddie IND LB 118.85 6 -

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB (I) 68.80 10 -

Wilhelm, Matt SDC LB 152.80 7 -

Williams, Demorrio ATL LB 119.15 8 -

Williams, Leon CLE LB 137.50 7 -

Allen, Jason MIA CB 111.00 9 46.06

Brown, Fakhir STL CB 118.40 9 46.13

Griffin, Cedric MIN CB 163.00 5 -

Hayden, Kelvin IND CB 152.50 6 -

Hill, Tye STL CB 68.75 9 44.07

Bigby, Atari GBP S 164.00 7 -

McGowan, Brandon CHI S 115.25 9 FA

Pollard, Bernard KCC S 161.15 8 -

Rouse, Aaron GBP S ® 53.10 7

Packers4ever said:
Heres another trade in this league that someone has offered me. Addia for WestbrookI have not made any of the above trades so my keepers are still the same other then maybe cotch instead of Jones might be able to trade Jones for a 2nd round pick.I like Westbrook better then Addia for the next few years but I know Westbrook does not have that many more years so do I trade him know to get younger and do you think I should be able to get more for him.
I am a huge Westbrook fan that was down on Addai. But, I think I would do that deal. I might wait until the playoffs are over just to make sure Addai does not get injured, but I like his upside.

Hi Jeff - how's it going? 2 Trade question for you. 16 team dynasty 1 pt per 10 yds receiving/rushing

1 pt ppr ,bonus for 100 yd games. 6pts short TD - 8pts for over 40 yd TD. On the defense side

I am trying to acquire A Gonzalez and Greg White - I offered Chris Henry and Mike Walker for them

I was also offered 2.01 rookie pick and D'Angelo Williams and Tony Schaeffer for Reggie Bush ( TE's score dbl and you can start 2 TE's. (I only have a 5th round pick) Is Schaeffer going to continue to be a force in Denver ? Will Williams prevail or is he still going to be in a RBBC. Not enough for Bush. - The team I have right now got me the number 1 seed going into the playoffs (got knocked off by a very strong #5 seed team.

Would appreciate your thoughts Jeff! And any others who are interested in responding

My team

You have a very good team. I like the Gonzalez deal. I do not think it is too much. I am a big Walker fan for the value side, but Gonzalez could be a top 20 WR for many years. On the Bush deal, I would pass. In a PPR league, he is worth much more. I know it was a down year for him, but I look for improvement when Deuce comes back. DWill has a ton of risk, as does the pick. I like Scheffler, but not enough to give Bush. I realize your TEs are not great, but I would look to acquire a TE a different way. If waivers are open, I would look at Brent Celek, if available, since LJ Smith might leave via free agengy.Good luck.

My team

Everything I'm hearing recently, tells me D-Wil will be given the reigns next year. If you believe this, I would be willing to deal Bush. I do feel Cutler and Scheffler are a very good, and Cutler will continue to look his way. I would look to get a little more though. Bush had about 50 points (depending on system) more than D-Wil. And while D-Wil split with Foster all year, Bush split with Deuce the first 3 games and missed the last 4. I assume the other owner also has the 1.01, since he has the 2.01, correct? Does he have any other picks in the 1st or 2nd? While I feel D-Wil has the better chance to be an every down back, due to being about 10 pounds heavier (as well as 3 or 4 inches shorter) and being able to run between the tackles better, Bush has done more and deserves more in return. I own Bush and was not too pleased with his performance this year, given the opportunity he was given when Deuce went down. Then he gets hurt and misses the last 4 games, when you need him. Actually, his sub-par performance, was apparently due to his injury happening earlier in the year. So while that's a testament to his toughness, you have to question his overall durability. I would do it, but would it would take more. Depending on what picks he has, or doesn't, the deal may not be doable.

hey wannab

thinking of doing the unthinkable and trade LT in a dynasty

basic touchdown league. w yard = 1/10

LT

for

Gore

Steve Smith - Carolina

and the #4 overall rookie pick

Good? Bad? hold out for more?

here is my current roster for reference, keep 12 due on Aug1

Matt Hasslebeck

John Kitna

Matt Leinart

LaDainian Tomlinson

Jamal Lewis

Maurice JonesDrew

Fred Taylor

Michael Turner

Kenny Irons

Kenny Watson

Tory Holt

Reggie Wayne

Nate Burleson

Brandon Stokley

Reggie Brown

Vincent Jackson

LJ Smith

Shayne Graham

JacksonVille

PittsBurgh

hey wannabthinking of doing the unthinkable and trade LT in a dynastybasic touchdown league. w yard = 1/10LTfor GoreSteve Smith - Carolinaand the #4 overall rookie pickGood? Bad? hold out for more?
I think I would hold off. Gore is coming into a Martz offense and there is risk there, not to mention the injury history. I love Smith as a buy low, but enough for the deal. The 4 pick is one pick out of the "sweet spot" in the draft, imo. It might be viable if Felix Jones comes out. I think it might be a good time to move LT, due to his workload over his career, but I think I would want a better back in return. Gore just scares me.

hey wannabthinking of doing the unthinkable and trade LT in a dynastybasic touchdown league. w yard = 1/10LTfor GoreSteve Smith - Carolinaand the #4 overall rookie pickGood? Bad? hold out for more?
I think I would hold off. Gore is coming into a Martz offense and there is risk there, not to mention the injury history. I love Smith as a buy low, but enough for the deal. The 4 pick is one pick out of the "sweet spot" in the draft, imo. It might be viable if Felix Jones comes out. I think it might be a good time to move LT, due to his workload over his career, but I think I would want a better back in return. Gore just scares me.
thanks jeff his only other options at RB are Sjax and Jacobs, one which he probably wont do, SJax and Jacobs, who I wouldnt touch in this dealCan you rank the top 4 rookie RB's for me? Has felix declared yet? Is Rice in your top 4?I'll hang up and listen

thanks jeff his only other options at RB are Sjax and Jacobs, one which he probably wont do, SJax and Jacobs, who I wouldnt touch in this dealCan you rank the top 4 rookie RB's for me? Has felix declared yet? Is Rice in your top 4?I'll hang up and listen
On SJax, could you get a WR upgrade and SJax for LT and a guy like Reggie Brown. Rookie RBs:McFaddenStewartMendenhallFelix Jones - if he comes out .. looks 50/50 right nowRice - I like Rice ... more than mostThen it drops to these guys, who might all need to go to a good situation to be viable:Chris Johnson - speedster looks like a RB/WR hybridKevin Smith - big, tough rbJamaal Charles - speedster ... looks too much like Tatum BellJames DavisSleepers I like:Foster from UTenn - looks a lot like Jamal Lewis to meAllen Patrick - physical specimen that needs to develop as a RB. Just converted from DB two years agoDontrell Savage - Speedy little back with surprising power

On SJax, could you get a WR upgrade and SJax for LT and a guy like Reggie Brown. Rookie RBs:McFaddenStewartMendenhallFelix Jones - if he comes out .. looks 50/50 right nowRice - I like Rice ... more than mostThen it drops to these guys, who might all need to go to a good situation to be viable:Chris Johnson - speedster looks like a RB/WR hybridKevin Smith - big, tough rbJamaal Charles - speedster ... looks too much like Tatum BellJames DavisSleepers I like:Foster from UTenn - looks a lot like Jamal Lewis to meAllen Patrick - physical specimen that needs to develop as a RB. Just converted from DB two years agoDontrell Savage - Speedy little back with surprising power
thanks wannab No slaton? also Im with you on mikehart and not even listing himWhere did chris johnson go to school?

hey wannab

thinking of doing the unthinkable and trade LT in a dynasty

basic touchdown league. w yard = 1/10

LT

for

Gore

Steve Smith - Carolina

and the #4 overall rookie pick

Good? Bad? hold out for more?
thanks jeff his only other options at RB are Sjax and Jacobs, one which he probably wont do, SJax and Jacobs, who I wouldnt touch in this dealCan you rank the top 4 rookie RB's for me? Has felix declared yet?

Is Rice in your top 4?

I'll hang up and listen
On SJax, could you get a WR upgrade and SJax for LT and a guy like Reggie Brown. Rookie RBs:McFadden

Stewart

Mendenhall

Felix Jones - if he comes out .. looks 50/50 right now

Rice - I like Rice ... more than most

Then it drops to these guys, who might all need to go to a good situation to be viable:

Chris Johnson - speedster looks like a RB/WR hybrid

Kevin Smith - big, tough rb

Jamaal Charles - speedster ... looks too much like Tatum Bell

James Davis

Sleepers I like:

Foster from UTenn - looks a lot like Jamal Lewis to me

Allen Patrick - physical specimen that needs to develop as a RB. Just converted from DB two years ago

Dontrell Savage - Speedy little back with surprising power
thanks wannab No slaton? also Im with you on mikehart and not even listing him

Where did chris johnson go to school?
slaton said he was staying in school. Hart will need to go to a zone blocking team. Johnson went to East Carolina. Here is one opinion on him (sorry, that site is pop-up ad heavy).There are other guys like Choice (who I do not really like), Forsett (looks like a good 3rd down back), and Bernard (could surprise) that I left off. Also a couple of big backs in Torain and Forte.

Would you trade the 1.02 and 1.08 for 1.01 in a dynasty league or would a 3rd or 4th round pick be enough to move up 1 spot instead of the 1.08. How much of a difference is there from 1.01 to 1.02?

Would you trade the 1.02 and 1.08 for 1.01 in a dynasty league or would a 3rd or 4th round pick be enough to move up 1 spot instead of the 1.08. How much of a difference is there from 1.01 to 1.02?
I would stay put. I like Stewart a lot. I think it will take the 1.08 pick to move up the one spot, and I would not want to do it. I happily have the 1.02 (via trades) in two dynasty leagues.

Here's an intesting trade offer ( really depends on how you view Ben Obomanu) 16 team dynasty

.01 per yard receiving/1 pt ppr/bonus for long TD's - 6 pts 1-30 yds receiving TD, 8 pts 31-? receiving TD.

I give 3.04 for Obomanu and 4.06. I have only the 3.04 and the 5.14 this year.

Here is my team again Jeff - also would have to drop a player to make room on my roster for Obamanu and eventually before the season starts I will have to cut to 45 but Obomanu has proven he can be a skilled WR - perhaps better than I player I draft. If I put my drafted player on the taxi squad - it can be acquired by another team for a round higher pick than I picked him in. I have the option of dropping a player and signing the taxi player. Different sort of rules.

If I do the deal?? Who would you drop. (Andre Davis is involved in another trade deal that may or may not happen) Perhaps David Martin - TE's get 1.5 ppr and dbl yardage and you can start 2 TE's instead of 2 RB.

Thanks!

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 135.40 7 -

Jennings, Greg GBP WR (*) 233.00 7 -

Robinson, Koren GBP WR (*) 51.60 7 -

Williams, Roydell TEN WR (O) 156.90 4 -

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE 166.40 6 -

Rouse, Aaron GBP S ® 53.10 7 3rd

Here's an intesting trade offer ( really depends on how you view Ben Obomanu) 16 team dynasty.01 per yard receiving/1 pt ppr/bonus for long TD's - 6 pts 1-30 yds receiving TD, 8 pts 31-? receiving TD. I give 3.04 for Obomanu and 4.06. I have only the 3.04 and the 5.14 this year. Here is my team again Jeff - also would have to drop a player to make room on my roster for Obamanu and eventually before the season starts I will have to cut to 45 but Obomanu has proven he can be a skilled WR - perhaps better than I player I draft. If I put my drafted player on the taxi squad - it can be acquired by another team for a round higher pick than I picked him in. I have the option of dropping a player and signing the taxi player. Different sort of rules. If I do the deal?? Who would you drop. (Andre Davis is involved in another trade deal that may or may not happen) Perhaps David Martin - TE's get 1.5 ppr and dbl yardage and you can start 2 TE's instead of 2 RB. Thanks! Jackson, Tarvaris MIN QB 155.55 5 - Palmer, Carson CIN QB 288.50 5 - Bell, Tatum DET RB 35.50 6 - Grant, Ryan GBP RB 187.60 7 FA Jackson, Brandon GBP RB ® 55.70 7 - Thomas, Pierre NOS RB ® 67.80 4 - Watson, Kenny CIN RB 181.60 5 - Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 135.40 7 - Wynn, DeShawn GBP RB ® (I) 58.10 7 - Aromashodu, Devin IND WR 16.60 6 FA Davis, Andre' HOU WR 133.30 10 FA Hagan, Derek MIA WR 80.30 9 - Henry, Chris CIN WR 69.30 5 - Jennings, Greg GBP WR (*) 233.00 7 - Marshall, Brandon DEN WR 292.20 6 - Robinson, Koren GBP WR (*) 51.60 7 - Stuckey, Chansi NYJ WR ® (I) - 10 - Walker, Mike JAC WR ® (I) - 4 - Williams, Roydell TEN WR (O) 156.90 4 - King, Jeff CAR TE 123.60 7 - Martin, David MIA TE 95.30 9 - Scaife, Bo TEN TE (I) 115.10 4 - Scheffler, Tony DEN TE 166.40 6 - Bironas, Rob TEN PK 156.80 4 - Brown, Kris HOU PK 133.70 10 - Prater, Matt DEN PK 2.50 6 FA Brock, Raheem IND DT 95.45 6 - Glover, La' roi STL DT 128.90 9 - Peko, Domata CIN DT 120.35 5 - Pouha, Sione NYJ DT 94.50 10 49.04 Rogers, Shaun DET DT 161.10 6 - Clemons, Chris OAK DE 79.90 5 FA Coleman, Kenyon NYJ DE 147.30 10 - Johnson, Charles CAR DE ® 3.00 7 - McBride, Turk KCC DE ® 31.50 8 5th Olshansky, Igor SDC DE 116.05 7 49.05 Vanden Bosch, Kyle TEN DE 193.60 4 - Harris, David NYJ LB ® 206.45 10 - Harrison, James PIT LB 219.70 6 - Keiaho, Freddie IND LB 118.85 6 - Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB (I) 68.80 10 - Wilhelm, Matt SDC LB 152.80 7 - Williams, Demorrio ATL LB 119.15 8 - Williams, Leon CLE LB 137.50 7 - Allen, Jason MIA CB 111.00 9 46.06 Brown, Fakhir STL CB 118.40 9 46.13 Griffin, Cedric MIN CB 163.00 5 - Hayden, Kelvin IND CB 152.50 6 - Hill, Tye STL CB 68.75 9 44.07 Bigby, Atari GBP S 164.00 7 - McGowan, Brandon CHI S 115.25 9 FA Pollard, Bernard KCC S 161.15 8 - Rouse, Aaron GBP S ® 53.10 7 3rd
jeff, tell her yesconnie, add in martin

Users who are viewing this thread