What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gutsy picks for week 2 (1 Viewer)

AnonymousBob

Footballguy
I really enjoyed this thread in the first week. Thanks to whoever started it off but I haven't seen a week 2 so I've decided to start one.

I'm starting Rodgers over Brees.

Not for sure yet but considering Chris Johnson over Reggie Bush and Ryan Grant.

Edit to add: this will be the week Fitz owners were hoping for last week. 100 + yards and at least 1 TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Felix Jones over Selvin Young this week.........

Psycho Shanahan pissed me off with benching SY for most of the game & would have cost me my $$ league game if it weren't for the TD he scored late in the game. My team partner insisted on drafting SY and I warned him of this scenario, but I let him have this pick.

Not next year!!!!!! :goodposting:

Kevin Walter over Torry Holt.

Until the Rams show that they can actually play NFL football, Holt is just an over-glorified WR3 on my roster & rides the pine.

Chris Johnson over M. Turner. But that may not really be a gutsy pick given the matchups. Gutsy because it's hard to sit a guy who just rushed for 220.

Chris Johnson over M. Turner. But that may not really be a gutsy pick given the matchups. Gutsy because it's hard to sit a guy who just rushed for 220.
Ditto. Exactly the same here. Although we start 3 and Willie Parker and CJ3 (with Purple Jesus) both over Turner.

Not sure this is gutsy but thinking about Rosario over Cooley and Scheffler...hoping he's not a 1 week wonder.

Wu-banger said:
Winning IS Everything said:
Not for sure yet but considering Chris Johnson over Reggie Bush and Ryan Grant.Edit to add: this will be the week Fitz owners were hoping for last week. 100 + yards and at least 1 TD.
Did you see the Lions run defense ..?? I think Grant is one of the best plays this week....
I agree, but its not like Cincy made much of a showing when letting a fullback go for 92 yards and allowing Joe Falcco to run wild.I'd still have a hard time sitting Grant for Johnson though personally.

Ike Hilliard over Torry Holt. The Rams are an awful team right now and the Giants will probably make them look just as bad as the Eagles did. :confused:

not sure if this gutsy either, but Chris Johnson over Jennings or Roy Williams or Ocho....Just need to pick one.

Collins at Cincy over

Garrard at Buff (w/ the o-line I am having flashbacks of bulger last year)

Schaub vs Balt (pass protection issues as well).

I'm dying to start Chris Johnson (@CIN) over Brandon Jacobs (@STL) as RB2 (Peterson as RB1) but they both have tremendous matchups. Why can't the Giants play the Rams next week?
The shark move might be starting Ward over Jacobs incase NYG gets up big early and shuts the monster down. I said MIGHT.
I don't know about that. If teh Giants get a big lead over the Rams, I'm assuming Jacobs may have had something to do with that.

Ike Hilliard over Torry Holt. The Rams are an awful team right now and the Giants will probably make them look just as bad as the Eagles did. :thumbup:
Note 1: Expect Rams to play much better at home vs on the roadNote 2: Giants do not have the CBs that Eagles do. Holt will be open this week.

Winning IS Everything said:
Not for sure yet but considering Chris Johnson over Reggie Bush
Do not sit this man until he gives you good reason... especially now without Colston. Reggie is a lock for 10 targets a game.

I'm dying to start Chris Johnson (@CIN) over Brandon Jacobs (@STL) as RB2 (Peterson as RB1) but they both have tremendous matchups. Why can't the Giants play the Rams next week?
:goodposting: :shrug: I am leaning CJ3 over Turner and Jacobs as RB2 with ADP as RB1. Really wish I could start 3. :)

brindrod said:
Kevin Walter over Torry Holt. Until the Rams show that they can actually play NFL football, Holt is just an over-glorified WR3 on my roster & rides the pine.
Brass balls...brass balls. That's all I'm saying...brass balls

I'm itching to start CJ3 vs. Cincy as I had him on my bench last week and instead had to swallow marignal games from Portis and Lynch. Lynch goes to JAX this weekend and I've currently got him on the bench in favor of the Tennesse Torch. Tuff to sit your RB#1 though...may end up switching back at the last minute. Brass balls I have not.....

I'm going to start Patten over S. Holmes and I am going to pair up Barber and Felix Jones as my 2 RB slots.
Just traded for Felix to backup Barber. I'm considering this move as well as some point with both in the lineup. I just don't know against Philly if I'm going to do that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread