What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gutsy picks for week 2 (1 Viewer)

Mookie Blaylock said:
NY/NJMFDIVER said:
Derrick Ward: 120 total yards and 2 TDs in largely garbage time against the Rams.
It's posts like this that wake me in the middle of the night. Really? 120/2 Really? This has to be hyperbole. Right? So what are we thinking the Giants are going to rush for as a team on Sunday? 225 and 3?
If the second stringer is getting 120/2, than I have to imagine Jacobs is good for 210/3, at the very least.

Mookie Blaylock said:
NY/NJMFDIVER said:
Derrick Ward: 120 total yards and 2 TDs in largely garbage time against the Rams.
It's posts like this that wake me in the middle of the night. Really? 120/2 Really? This has to be hyperbole. Right? So what are we thinking the Giants are going to rush for as a team on Sunday? 225 and 3?
If the second stringer is getting 120/2, than I have to imagine Jacobs is good for 210/3, at the very least.
Yeah, I didn't finish my post. I just don't see it happening. I want it to because I own both but I'm having a hard time with this one.

Most of these picks aren't 'gusty' at all
The Leonard Weaver start is pretty gutsy! Anyone else have any faith/confidence/or prayers in Weaver?He's available on my WW and I've never heard of him before 3 minutes ago (and I'm very thin at RB)

Most of these picks aren't 'gusty' at all
The Leonard Weaver start is pretty gutsy! Anyone else have any faith/confidence/or prayers in Weaver?He's available on my WW and I've never heard of him before 3 minutes ago (and I'm very thin at RB)
No insider info here, but I've got to think Duckett gets some work here (in addition to J Jones still there) before SEA runs the FB 20x. I'd stay away from this whole situation if possible though.

Picking the Patriots to lose in a $6000 suicide pool. We pick the loser, not the winner. Last week I picked Cleveland. It would be nice to have two whales used up right off the bat. Oh, and half got knocked out week one thanks to the Bears and Panthers.

Kevin Walter over Torry Holt. Until the Rams show that they can actually play NFL football, Holt is just an over-glorified WR3 on my roster & rides the pine.
Brass balls...brass balls. That's all I'm saying...brass balls
I wouldn't sit Holt at home 8 catches this week.
Right - because the Giants secondary is soft?????How did Owens do in the playoffs against the same secondary....how did washingtons WRs do?

To summarize the gutsy/ballsy/stupid calls I'm making this weekend:

Devery Henderson in over Holt - I realize it's at home (a place Hot does well) but he rides the bench until further notice...it's not the fact he had a bad week that scares me - it's how bad the coach and offensive line look. He'll have better matches down the road but he can sit vs. the Super Bowl champions.

John Carlson in over Vernon Davis - I think he'll do well with no other options in Seattle.

Aaron Rodgers in over Drew Brees - Brees will be fine. Rodgers is going against The Lions, Grant may or may not be 100% and their other running backs aren't any good.

Those are my three. Mock me if you will.

Mookie Blaylock said:
NY/NJMFDIVER said:
It's posts like this that wake me in the middle of the night. Really? 120/2 Really? This has to be hyperbole. Right? So what are we thinking the Giants are going to rush for as a team on Sunday? 225 and 3? 300 and 4? 375 and 5?
Giants up up 250-275 rushing total, 38-41 points. Don't think its crazy, more borne of Ram medicocrity than Giant prowless, but i do think the Giants will hang a number. Ward gets 85 on the ground, 35 in the air, early TD recieving late TD rushing.

Mookie Blaylock said:
NY/NJMFDIVER said:
BJ is not a 300 carry a year guy. Hell, he's not even a 250 carry per year guy.its not insane, he was over 100 total yards in 5 of the 8 he played last year. What do you want from me boys, you can flame me sunday night if he does nothing.The craziest digit is the second TD but I'll go ahead and say its coming.

I've already put e.graham in over turner. I like the matchup better. With the qb change and home field I just like graham better.

I'm considering Chris Johnson over Westbrook.

Cincy is pathetic and westy has a tough matchup. westy career vs dallas is 12 games, 626 rush yds, avg 52 yds per game, 460 rec yds at 38 yds per game with a combined .5 td per game. Last game was 144 total yds 0 td.

This goes against my theory of start your studs , but it just feels right.

Users who are viewing this thread